4 (16.7%)
McDonald's
4 (16.7%)
Sonic
2 (8.3%)
Something quick from the Dollar General Store
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Choose my next meal for me.  (Read 2619 times)

Online MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Choose my next meal for me.
« on: August 01, 2016, 12:55:32 PM »
Here's my dilemma: I am both very hungry and very lazy, and I can't make a decision. My fridge and cabinets are super bare because I haven't been grocery shopping, which means I have the options listed above. It's my day off, so most people would use that time to be productive, but not me! I want to spend as much time as possible in my nice cool house without getting out and dealing with people. I feel like neither grocery shopping nor cooking.

(There is not a 100% guarantee I will pick the option with the most amount of votes)

I listed the two pizza places nearby that deliver, as well as other nearby food options. I did, however, include the Dollar General Store because of how super close it is and how low the foot traffic is at that place. If I do buy from there it will likely be something microwaveable. So choose! I will also follow up with pictures of my meal.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Choose my next meal for me.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 01:03:14 PM »
Of the limited options I'd probably go with Pizza Hut, but that's about the same as an endorsement for Clinton/Trump. And if those really are the only places to score food in your neck of the woods, I'd move.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 01:11:13 PM »
Those are the only places inside of 2 miles. If I expand the scope to 6 or 7 it's an entirely new ballgame, but I hate going into town. Because people.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 01:12:19 PM »
Last time I went to Pizza Hut it was pure grease and ZERO flavour.

Avoid.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 01:24:57 PM »
I'm thinkin' Arby's.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 01:32:36 PM »
I'm thinkin' Arby's.
*David Puddy voice* Feels like an Arby's night.

I'm not familiar with Mazzio's, but if it's not any better than Pizza Hut, I'd probably just go with Wendy's.

Online MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 01:35:54 PM »
I'm thinkin' Arby's.
*David Puddy voice* Feels like an Arby's night.

I'm not familiar with Mazzio's, but if it's not any better than Pizza Hut, I'd probably just go with Wendy's.
Mazzio's is much better than Pizza Hut.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 01:36:26 PM »
(-_-) Yeah I painted my face.

But Why ?

(-_-) Support the team.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 01:37:37 PM »
Never heard of Mazzio's, either, but the website suggests it's mainly a buffet. I try to avoid pizza buffets.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 01:43:29 PM »
Never heard of Mazzio's, either, but the website suggests it's mainly a buffet. I try to avoid pizza buffets.
They only run a buffet during lunch hours, and all day on Tuesday. Damn, I wish it was Tuesday. Their pizza is actually really good. Sauce and spices are on point. Their calzone rings may be the best thing I've ever had.

Edit: In fact, I may have just talked myself into one.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 01:45:18 PM »
Wendy's. Second highest burger fast food for me, topped by In-n-Out.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Online MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 01:45:53 PM »
Whataburger is my favorite but it's further away than I feel like driving.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 01:57:27 PM »
Chipotle

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2016, 02:19:49 PM »
Hydration is extremely important. Due to the drink options available to choose from that you can have with your dinner, I chose Sonic.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Online MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2016, 02:20:05 PM »
I had a derp moment. Wendy's is out... I was thinking there was a closer one.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 02:22:13 PM »
Hydration is extremely important. Due to the drink options available to choose from that you can have with your dinner, I chose Sonic.

Yes. I had a Kebab Wrap** and fries takeaway (takeout) last night. Needed several large glasses of lemonade afterwards and a large mug of tea :lol

They're delicious but salty af  :corn

** Shawarma.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2016, 02:46:29 PM »
Whataburger is my favorite but it's further away than I feel like driving.
Whataburger is certainly tops in the fast food burgers. Never understood people's devotion to INO. I gave them two chances and both times thought it was awful.

The hydration doesn't help much if the food is inedible. They might be rock-bottom in my fast-food burger hierarchy, and that includes McD's. They can't even make decent fries. Also, their "fresh" limeades come out of a dispenser.

Yes. I had a Kebab Wrap** and fries takeaway (takeout) last night. Needed several large glasses of lemonade afterwards and a large mug of tea :lol

Sadly, we don't have kebab/gyro/shawarma/doner places on every corner like y'all do. Thankfully we do have taco stands all hell over the place, and good al pastor is a pretty fine alternative.
E.F. Benson

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 02:58:27 PM »
Pizza Hut has my favorite crust ever and those cherry peppers they have taste like a combo of sundried tomatoes and roasted red bell peppers.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Skeever

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 11:20:29 AM »
Holy shit, with that kind of selection you'd better start grocery shopping again or you gonna die

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2016, 01:13:05 PM »
I actually find grocery shopping to be delightful, especially if you keep track of what's for sale at your local grocery store.  The one nearby me, Smart & Final, always sends out weekly flyers on what's on sale and I take advantage of those most of the time.  Able to to get Honey Bunches of Oats cereal (14.5 oz boxes) for $1.79 a box.  Milk goes for at around $2.30 a gallon.  Able to get packaged deli meat for $3.50, 16 slices of cheese for $3.00, and whole-wheat bread for $2.  I also caved got hot dogs (there were like 24 wieners) at around $4 and buns cheaper than that.

Now, I don't know too much about what the standards and leading brands regarding those kinds of items, but I feel like I got the good end of things, and I don't feel too crummy compared to when I spend that sort of money on fast food.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2016, 01:34:56 PM »
I could never imagine having dinner at a fast food restaurant, is this actually a thing people do? It's expensive and not even that great, and most of all it's not even "fast" because it's way more time-efficient to go grocery shopping.

Or maybe I've missed something. Actually don't even know half these names. "Wendy's" sounds pretty healthy but I wouldn't know for sure, I just assumed these were all fast food.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2016, 01:43:30 PM »
^^ Well, in the states, Fast Food is basically this.  Drive to the drive-thru.  Order stuff with the speaker (usually, a burger, fries and drink.  This is typically around $5, depending on how they price their meals) and then you drive to the next window, you pay, and you get the food in about 1-2 minutes and you are on your way home.  This typically takes around 10 minutes depending on the line.  I had Wendy's before.  Misread the coupons thinking I was going to get two chicken sandwiches, fries, and drink at around $6.  Ended up getting a 3rd one and the whole meal costed around $11.  My stomach was not happy that day.  It was all right.

Ordering pizza though takes a lot longer.  You got to figure out the toppings and stuff, and they got to make the pizza and then heat it (which typically takes around 20 minutes or so), then they got to drive it to your house or if you are there, you get it and you carry it home yourself.

In hindsight, getting food from grocery shopping feels more satisfying in the long run.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2016, 01:44:04 PM »
Never go grocery shopping on an empty stomach. You'll only buy snacks.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2016, 01:47:54 PM »
Never go grocery shopping on an empty stomach. You'll only buy snacks.

I usually cave and get mainly Poptarts and Hot Pockets and frozen dinner meals if I feel really hungry.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2016, 09:47:11 PM »
I'm not a fan of those. I'd say the local pizza chain or sonic.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2016, 07:03:52 AM »
I chose Sonic. Never heard of the place but thinking of you eating a hedgehog is amuzing
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2016, 03:31:16 PM »
Went with Arbys because I haven't had that in awhile and it's always delish.  I can't vouch for your local pizza and while pizza hut is pretty solid for what I consider "fast food pizza" I think I'd still choose Arbys.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2016, 04:26:30 PM »
I eat Arby's often cuz my only other nearby fast food is Subway (bland as fuck and horrifically overpriced for how hungry it leaves you), McDonalds (no explanation necessary), Taco Bell (explaining would insult anyone's intelligence), and Jimmy Johns (probably the least gross of all involved since it's noticeably less processed but $10 is way too much for fast food.)
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2016, 08:10:33 AM »
Taco Bell is easily my favorite of the fast foods.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2016, 10:10:54 AM »
People love to rag on Taco Bell, but I love the hell out of it also.  I would eat there as much as my paycheck could handle.

So MJ, where did you end up going?

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2016, 10:23:42 AM »
I know they're not national yet, but Shake Shack probably has my favorite fast food burger.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2016, 11:59:18 AM »

LOVE taco bell  :metal

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2016, 01:41:30 PM »

Yeah, they're one of my top tier fast foods as well. Chick-fil-A beats them on quality, but Taco Bell is dirt cheap, and despite people constantly making jokes about it, I don't feel nearly as gross afterward as I do with most other places.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2016, 01:47:10 PM »

Yeah, they're one of my top tier fast foods as well. Chick-fil-A beats them on quality, but Taco Bell is dirt cheap, and despite people constantly making jokes about it, I don't feel nearly as gross afterward as I do with most other places.

I actually don't either.  I really don't get the shits from it or anything.  I wonder if thats just because ive eaten enough of it that my body has adjusted.  There isnt a single bad thing on the menu.  Chick fil A is definitely quality though, love it.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2016, 02:20:42 PM »
Down here Taco Bell competes with Taco Bueno, and the latter really kicks the shit out of them, IMO. I haven't stepped foot in a Taco Bell in 15 years. Also, Del Taco tried to gain a foothold in the Dallas taco market, and boy did they suck it up pretty hard. Thankfully Dallas is in the midst of a taco Renaissance. In my world, 3 or 4 different taquerias put them both out of business years ago.
E.F. Benson