Author Topic: New DT Tour dates  (Read 44123 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: New DT Tour dates
« Reply #1085 on: November 06, 2017, 06:34:03 PM »
Hmmmm, this is getting to be a Geddy Lee the last couple tours situation, where most footage shows him struggling badly, but most fans are like, "But he sounded great at the show I went to!"  I think the euphoria of a concert always makes certain things sound better than they really do.

whatever it is.....he sounded great at the show I went to!      :lol    Seriously though, JLB was great at Peoria and his stage presence/crowd interaction was fun as well. Certainly if you want to nit pic his performance maybe there were a couple spots here and there that one could point to and say 'SEE!!'....but, the dude sang his balls off at the show I saw.

:tup :tup

Offline rickhawk80

• Dressed To Kill
« Reply #1086 on: November 06, 2017, 06:41:07 PM »
Hmmmm, this is getting to be a Geddy Lee the last couple tours situation, where most footage shows him struggling badly, but most fans are like, "But he sounded great at the show I went to!"  I think the euphoria of a concert always makes certain things sound better than they really do.
I disagree.  I love Geddy Lee and can admit how he struggles later in a tour with his voice.  JLB had none of those issues in Wichita.  Seriously the best he has sounded on any of the last 3 tours Iíve seen him.  Of course, it is early in the tour....

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #1087 on: November 12, 2017, 09:01:16 AM »
Booked a flight and hotel for Dallas, I'll hold off buying a ticket for now, but down for a meet up.  The venue and hotel seem really close to the airport which makes my in/out of Dallas seem simple for the weekend.  :metal :metal

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1088 on: November 14, 2017, 03:29:31 AM »
Saw a Hellfest poster with DT billed the same day as Iron Maiden, Helloween and Manowar!

............EDIT: which turned out to be false. Apologies. Didn't account for the possiblity of fake bills, shame on me  :facepalm: ;D
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 09:35:40 AM by MirrorMask »
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #1089 on: November 14, 2017, 10:56:02 AM »
Anyone going to the NYC or NJ shows?  Anyone want to meet up?

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1090 on: November 14, 2017, 11:01:43 AM »
Saw a Hellfest poster with DT billed the same day as Iron Maiden, Helloween and Manowar!

............EDIT: which turned out to be false. Apologies. Didn't account for the possiblity of fake bills, shame on me  :facepalm: ;D

Yeah, 2018 will be a no tour year for DT, so that was definitely fake :biggrin:
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #1091 on: November 17, 2017, 04:11:36 PM »
Really awesome show in NYC last night.  The sound was really good in the venue, just a great concert all around.  Must say, my friend and I really pissed off everyone in our section since we stood the entire time.  Got quite a bit of people yelling at us to sit after the first song which actually got other people to support us yelling to let us stand  :lol  I told my friend I would sit because it's a long show and they do softer songs too... but my friend didn't want to.  I think it's psychological now as when we saw Iron Maiden many years ago people yelled at us to sit and he did, but I didn't which is something we always talk about and how he regretted sitting and not enjoying the show as much.  So we stood for almost the entire 3 hours forcing the people behind us to stand too.  Oh well.  Sorry not sorry.  I had a great time. 

Wait For Sleep

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #1092 on: November 17, 2017, 04:26:27 PM »
I only sat last Sunday for the intermission!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #1093 on: November 17, 2017, 04:33:16 PM »
The entire floor stood.  I was in the first row on the balcony and most people were not standing in the balcony.  Granted, we made some stand and there were more tanding in the back of the balcony.  It's definitely a NYC thing were people like to sit during metal concerts.  Got to say, security was great though.  Got realy mad at us (and others) for leaving our drinks on the edge of the balcony, but otherwise didn't care about standing (or the fact people yelled at us for standing) and for camera use (such a better experience than the TA shows with the ushers ruining the experience).  Even though JLB made his comment about not using your camera too much during the concert, which I find annoying when a band brings that up at a live show, there was no issues with anything relating to the experiences from last years tour.  Also about the phone thing, looks like Tool/A Perfect Circle is getting torched on social media for their strict no phones policy similar to DT's last year.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1094 on: Today at 10:33:10 AM »
I'll have to agree about the no phones policy. It's ok to take a quick picture every now and then, but holding a screen up often through the show is rude to the person behind you.
As far as standing up, it's ok if everyone else is standing up because they are fired up about the show. If you're the only one standing up and blocking others view, it's not ok.  I try to be mindful of the people behind me, I want them to enjoy the show too. Especially in balcony sections that's common etiquette. 
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP