Author Topic: New DT Tour dates  (Read 142442 times)

Offline RaiseTheKnife

Re: New DT Tour dates
« Reply #980 on: August 11, 2017, 12:46:19 PM »
As anticipated, Soundrink is now offering VIP upgrades (no ticket) for several shows.  Maybe they've been available for days, but I just got mine yesterday.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #981 on: August 11, 2017, 02:03:13 PM »
I'm new here but live in Dallas too (McKinney) and got 4th row center. Cant wait.

just saw this after getting back from vacation.  I'm also in McKinney.  What part of town are you in?
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Online SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #982 on: August 18, 2017, 03:15:50 AM »
https://www.bandsintown.com/event/15294249?artist=Dream+Theater&came_from=217

Istanbul date is added. I'm the happiest person in the world now.

See you everyone! FINALLY!
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline newdull

« Reply #983 on: August 18, 2017, 07:30:42 AM »
^ Honestly, part of the poor ticket sales might be how and where you can get tickets, it's kinda confusing what has been sold and what hasn't.

I went on the Palace Theater website, and it looked like most of the floor was sold and about half the second level, which is pretty good this far out. Little did I know there were more tickets available through Elko. Much better tickets.  :lol

Literally just noticed this. 

While listening to Dream Theater on Pandora, it had a link to buy tickets for the Nov. 8th show @ Greensburg. (slightly creepy, but kinda cool, too.) 

Figured i'd check to see what had sold since i bought tickets, and noticed there's a hell of a lot more tickets available in the orchestra (way close, too) than what's available from the venue itself. :o :o   Weird...

Now i'm torn between buying new tickets and re-selling the ones i got, or just sticking with what i bought....  :huh: :huh:

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #984 on: August 18, 2017, 07:56:39 AM »
^ Honestly, part of the poor ticket sales might be how and where you can get tickets, it's kinda confusing what has been sold and what hasn't.

I went on the Palace Theater website, and it looked like most of the floor was sold and about half the second level, which is pretty good this far out. Little did I know there were more tickets available through Elko. Much better tickets.  :lol

While listening to Dream Theater on Pandora, it had a link to buy tickets for the Nov. 8th show @ Greensburg. (slightly creepy, but kinda cool, too.) 

Figured i'd check to see what had sold since i bought tickets, and noticed there's a hell of a lot more tickets available in the orchestra (way close, too) than what's available from the venue itself. :o :o   Weird...

Now i'm torn between buying new tickets and re-selling the ones i got, or just sticking with what i bought....  :huh: :huh:

Yup, I ended up getting exactly what I wanted through Elko's site. I'm orchestra (floor), dead center, row M, which in my experience at that venue is a great spot for sound.

In and out, $60. Not bad at all for dead center 13 rows back.

Just looked on the venue's website and that whole section looks to be sold out...  :lol

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #985 on: August 18, 2017, 08:00:20 AM »

I would first secure better seats before selling the tickets. I think you have ample time to sell them at least face value.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #986 on: August 18, 2017, 01:26:58 PM »
I'm very curious if DT will add a show for Friday, October 27th.   They are in Los Angeles 10/26 and Phoenix 10/28.  In the past they've added shows in Los Angeles when ticket sales were strong.  The Wiltern is virtually sold out, save a few rows in the back balcony, BUT the Wiltern is not available for booking on Friday, Oct. 27!

Being only the 3rd night of the tour, I can't imagine the band needs the night off so soon, and it seems a waste of a Friday night in a valuable market.

I wonder if they are contemplating adding a show for Anaheim (the Grove) or Pomona (Fox Theater)?  Both venues appear to be available Friday, Oct 26.  Riverside, however, is not.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #987 on: August 18, 2017, 01:28:14 PM »
I'm very curious if DT will add a show for Friday, October 27th.   They are in Los Angeles 10/26 and Phoenix 10/28.  In the past they've added shows in Los Angeles when ticket sales were strong.  The Wiltern is virtually sold out, save a few rows in the back balcony, BUT the Wiltern is not available for booking on Friday, Oct. 27!

Being only the 3rd night of the tour, I can't imagine the band needs the night off so soon, and it seems a waste of a Friday night in a valuable market.

I wonder if they are contemplating adding a show for Anaheim (the Grove) or Pomona (Fox Theater)?  Both venues appear to be available Friday, Oct 26.  Riverside, however, is not.

Too bad seeing them come up and playing like The Ventura Theater is not an option.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline newdull

« Reply #988 on: August 18, 2017, 01:32:25 PM »

Yup, I ended up getting exactly what I wanted through Elko's site. I'm orchestra (floor), dead center, row M, which in my experience at that venue is a great spot for sound.

In and out, $60. Not bad at all for dead center 13 rows back.

Just looked on the venue's website and that whole section looks to be sold out...  :lol

Exactly.  Weeks ago when i checked the venue's website almost all of the orchestra was sold out.  Just assumed Images & Words tour had more draw than The Astonishing...

Little did i know all those seats were available on another website.

Offline newdull

« Reply #989 on: August 18, 2017, 01:35:05 PM »

I would first secure better seats before selling the tickets. I think you have ample time to sell them at least face value.

That's the plan.  Hopefully i don't get stuck with two sets of tickets now...   :-[ :-[

Offline Yesmaestro

« Reply #990 on: August 29, 2017, 07:56:27 AM »
The current tour's last date is Dec 2nd in Dallas. What do you think the chances are of them adding a couple of more dates before the holidays for the Southeast like Georgia and Florida like they did for The Astonishing?

Offline SeventhDegree

• of Inner Turbulence
« Reply #991 on: September 09, 2017, 09:04:39 AM »
VERY disappointed that DT is not playing Minneapolis this time. :( Why?

They've played a show the twin cities during practically every tour in the past.  What kills me is they are playing Peoria, IL the night after they play in Chicago.  Why are they playing a city that's practically a stone's throw from Chicago?
"I'm tired of Facebook, tired of my failing health
I'm tired of everyone, and that includes myself."
----------Steven Wilson, 2017

Offline SeventhDegree

• of Inner Turbulence
« Reply #992 on: September 09, 2017, 09:07:13 AM »
The current tour's last date is Dec 2nd in Dallas. What do you think the chances are of them adding a couple of more dates before the holidays for the Southeast like Georgia and Florida like they did for The Astonishing?

Or perhaps Minneapolis?...which they're passing by this time. :(
"I'm tired of Facebook, tired of my failing health
I'm tired of everyone, and that includes myself."
----------Steven Wilson, 2017

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #993 on: September 09, 2017, 07:38:14 PM »
Which city the band is playing has nothing to do with them.....It all has to do with a promotor in your city.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #994 on: September 09, 2017, 09:52:44 PM »
Which city the band is playing has nothing to do with them.....It all has to do with a promotor in your city.

100% this.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline fanoprog

« Reply #995 on: September 22, 2017, 10:10:04 AM »
Hi All,  I just joined this forum and am a long time DT fan.   I've bought tickets to the Nov 14th show in Albany , NY  from Sound Rink as part of the pre-sale.  This is the first time I've used Sound Rink. They say that they will mail the tickets to me about 2 weeks before the show.

Has anyone used Sound Rink?  Can I count on getting the tickets from Sound Rink?  Has anyone had issues with Sound Rink?

By the way, Sound Rink still has tickets for sale for Albany and I'm pretty sure that those tickets for sale at Sound Rink are not for sale by Ticketmaster.  So, if you want tickets to the Albany show, I suggest you check both Sound Rink and Ticketmaster.  I find that this way to sell tickets -- two separate ticket sellers  - is confusing since it makes it harder to know what tickets are available unless you know about the existence of all of the ticket sellers.

Offline gm5k

« Reply #996 on: September 22, 2017, 11:18:58 PM »
I've kept track of James and how he sings on certain tours and concerts for a while now, and I have to say he sounded amazing in Seoul.  His energy seemed high, too.  I think James really likes the South Korean crowds  :biggrin:  They surely are very enthusiastic about music.

I'm so happy and excited for him that he is sounding so good.  Makes me so stoked for the show in Austin on December 1st.  Going there with 7 friends, and I'm thinking it's going to be absolutely incredible. 

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #997 on: September 27, 2017, 11:10:55 AM »
Already shared this video I found on Youtube on how Mangini now plays Hell's Kitchen in the DT Manila thread but I would also like to share it here. I think the Genie is now slowly putting to rest the criticisms on his hi-hat and cymbals playing in the piece early in the tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D48k0lG5ORQ

He would be awesome by the time they come to North America.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #998 on: September 27, 2017, 11:33:54 AM »
Already shared this video I found on Youtube on how Mangini now plays Hell's Kitchen in the DT Manila thread but I would also like to share it here. I think the Genie is now slowly putting to rest the criticisms on his hi-hat and cymbals playing in the piece early in the tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D48k0lG5ORQ

He would be awesome by the time they come to North America.

JP played the Wonder Woman theme at the start. I didn't expect that! I really love the way Hans Zimmer composed it, and it is/sounds very proggy because it's in 7/8  :tup
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #999 on: September 29, 2017, 02:52:44 PM »
Just booked a hotel room in Peoria for the Nov. 4th show. Anyone else going to that show? I'm taking my 10 and 11 year old sons so I figured I'd make a day of it Saturday then actually sleep and come home Sunday. If it were just me and my brother I'd just drive the three hours home after the show but being I'll have the kiddos with me I won't risk anything. Plus, they like getting breakfast at hotels...they think it's fun for some reason.  :lol

If anyone's going and wants to meet up and say 'hey' let me know....    :tup
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline earlilano

« Reply #1000 on: October 04, 2017, 04:48:57 PM »
Anyone get the their soundrink tickets yet?

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1001 on: October 05, 2017, 10:49:52 AM »
Just booked a hotel room in Peoria for the Nov. 4th show. Anyone else going to that show? I'm taking my 10 and 11 year old sons so I figured I'd make a day of it Saturday then actually sleep and come home Sunday. If it were just me and my brother I'd just drive the three hours home after the show but being I'll have the kiddos with me I won't risk anything. Plus, they like getting breakfast at hotels...they think it's fun for some reason.  :lol

I shit you not, whenever I travel and have to choose a hotel, I call multiple in the area and make my decision based on which has the best breakfast. The people at the desk must think I'm crazy "Hi, random question, do you have waffle makers in your breakfast area and does your milk come in cartons or in a dispenser?". If I'm spending money to spend the night somewhere, it means the night before is going to be a doozy. I need my breakfast the following day to be on point.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1002 on: October 05, 2017, 11:00:27 AM »
 :lol I spend way too much time at Holiday Inn Express hotels which includes free breakfast, but I pretty much can't take it anymore.  I can tell you most don't have waffle makers, but they almost always have pancake makers and the milk has always been in cartons from my experience.  They also have delicious cinnamon buns.  However, I don't think I'd recommend their breakfast to anyone other than the fact if they are comparing similar hotels, it's at least free.  Now if you pay for a breakfast at a Holiday Inn (not express) then you are in for a solid meal.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1003 on: October 05, 2017, 11:22:13 AM »
I chose my last hotel based on proximity to a good, non-hotel breakfast. In fact, I chose the town I stayed in for that reason, and the hotel simply followed based on quality/price ratio. The only time I actually eat breakfast is when I'm on the road, so I like to make a point to do it well.

When I have taken breakfast at a hotel, American chains, at least, the free breakfasts are usually bad-decent, and the expensive breakfasts always have waffle makers and a guy making omelettes to order.

I also find that hotels tend to stop serving breakfast before I want to wake up, for the most part.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1004 on: October 05, 2017, 11:26:27 AM »
Hotel food is always just so expensive and not as good as something down the street.  Like some hotels charge $15+ for some eggs, no thanks.  I'd take McDonalds breakfast over that.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1005 on: October 06, 2017, 10:41:47 AM »
All this breakfast talk reminds me of being in Portland overnight with some friends a few years ago. Late night involving many beers, and then we get up the next morning and we're all in various states of waking up/getting ready. One guy leaves and then shows back up with this big plate of food from the "free" breakfast buffet downstairs in the lobby. So I head down, grab a plate and load up and sit down at one of the tables down there only to have someone from the hotel come by and drop a bill on the table. Turns out it wasn't free at all :lol Best damn buffet eggs I've ever had though.
Photobucket sucks.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1006 on: October 09, 2017, 06:09:49 AM »
Hotel food is always just so expensive and not as good as something down the street.  Like some hotels charge $15+ for some eggs, no thanks.  I'd take McDonalds breakfast over that.

I would like to make something clear in regards to my hotel breakfast decisions... I will never pay a hotel for breakfast (order something and receive a bill). To get my business there has to be a breakfast buffet that's already incorporated into the cost of my room.

Offline earlilano

« Reply #1007 on: October 09, 2017, 11:31:13 AM »
My favorite cheap place to stay with a decent breakfast buffet is Super 8 Motel and they have a waffle maker.  ;D

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1008 on: October 09, 2017, 12:52:33 PM »
I actually ate my hotel breakfast this weekend.  This is the first time I think I've seen where the breads were individually wrapped with plastic.  Like they clearly didn't seem fresh because of that, and then actually eating a bagel confirmed that.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #1009 on: October 12, 2017, 12:41:28 AM »
Have any of the platinum M&G folks received a notification about a possible diamond package upgrade for the U.S. dates?  I'm wondering if the band is contemplating diamond packages for this upcoming leg.

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #1010 on: October 12, 2017, 09:40:15 AM »
Have any of the platinum M&G folks received a notification about a possible diamond package upgrade for the U.S. dates?  I'm wondering if the band is contemplating diamond packages for this upcoming leg.

I e-mailed Soundrink about this & they said they were not offering this sort of package.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1011 on: October 12, 2017, 01:23:09 PM »
I'm waiting patiently for the email about my seats.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #1012 on: October 12, 2017, 01:36:51 PM »

I e-mailed Soundrink about this & they said they were not offering this sort of package.

Too bad!  Thanks for looking into it dream416.

Offline earlilano

« Reply #1013 on: October 12, 2017, 07:15:50 PM »
Sound Rink just sent seat assignments for the show at the Wiltern so check your emails. Also, is anyone going to the Wiltern show who has two tickets with seats in the A row? If anyone does and want to swap my DDD row seats, send me a PM. The DDD seat is closer to the stage but this area is lower than the actual stage, so if your short you might have to look up the entire show. I'm a short asian guy so I wanted to see if anyone wanted to swap.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #1014 on: October 13, 2017, 06:00:22 PM »
Earlilano, if you have seats 113, 114, or 115 in Row DDD the view should be fairly unobstructed as its situated behind the aisle for rows AAA - CCC, so no one standing in front of you. 

FYI, I did have the Row A seats for this show, with all the info forms filled out but windows crashed before I pressed complete purchase.  A few minutes later I ended up with Row CCC.  Row A is a premium seat at the Wiltern, as I think I had it for the first Astonishing leg.