Author Topic: New DT Tour dates  (Read 142619 times)

Offline goo-goo

Re: New DT Tour dates
« Reply #770 on: July 26, 2017, 12:09:54 PM »
Are we going to be able to upgrade to a VIP package? Let's say I only buy the ticket in the seats and section that I want. Can I upgrade for the package at a later time?

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #771 on: July 26, 2017, 12:16:35 PM »
I don't think so. These aren't airline tickets :lol
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #772 on: July 26, 2017, 12:27:27 PM »

LOL

I've seen that option before at DT.net on previous tours, like The Astonishing. That's the reason I'm asking.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #773 on: July 26, 2017, 12:41:15 PM »
If I want to see them on this tour, looks like I'll have to catch a plane. They snubbed all three states in the Pacific Northwest. They have a good fan base up here between Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver BC.  Their promoters are lame, or the venues they consulted. Either way......WEAK!  :censored
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline gm5k

« Reply #774 on: July 26, 2017, 01:11:13 PM »
Honestly surprised they're coming to Austin just a year after San Antonio.  They hadn't been to south/central TX in a while before coming to SA last year.

That show at the Tobin Center was incredible, though.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #775 on: July 26, 2017, 01:12:14 PM »
Jordan went live on Facebook.   Im about half way through watching and it's pretty cool.  He essentially is singing the tour dates and tour info in an improv piano session.  He's answering questions and one question was is the setlist going to be different.  He said they talked about it and it's possible, so you will have to wait and see.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #776 on: July 26, 2017, 01:16:28 PM »
Honestly surprised they're coming to Austin just a year after San Antonio.  They hadn't been to south/central TX in a while before coming to SA last year.

They did play in Austin during the ADTOE tour. Oct 26, 2011.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #777 on: July 26, 2017, 01:17:48 PM »

They did play in Austin during the ADTOE tour. Oct 26, 2011.
Twice. For some peculiar reason I saw both.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #778 on: July 26, 2017, 01:37:12 PM »
At the moment the Peoria IL show at the Peoria Civic Center (only 2.5 hrs from me) on November 4th is showing a Minor League hockey game on their websites page?? I went on there to check out tix cost and what not and DT isn't even mentioned on their website.

I think I'm going to take my 11 and 10 year old sons to this one....it'd be their first concert ever.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #779 on: July 26, 2017, 01:49:03 PM »

LOL

I've seen that option before at DT.net on previous tours, like The Astonishing. That's the reason I'm asking.

This Japan show has a VIP upgrade without the ticket included
https://soundrink.com/#/event/dream-theater-9-13-osaka-japan

Offline MasterLomaxus

• Onion Flakes
« Reply #780 on: July 26, 2017, 01:53:41 PM »
At the moment the Peoria IL show at the Peoria Civic Center (only 2.5 hrs from me) on November 4th is showing a Minor League hockey game on their websites page?? I went on there to check out tix cost and what not and DT isn't even mentioned on their website.

I think I'm going to take my 11 and 10 year old sons to this one....it'd be their first concert ever.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed this.  I was looking forward to going to this, but it seems kind of odd that it's not listed.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #781 on: July 26, 2017, 02:11:22 PM »
Yes, I saw the presale for tomorrow. I'm on it! Thanks El Barto!
Has a password been released for the presale yet?  Planning on the Asbury Park show.  On a Saturday, too.  Sweet!

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #782 on: July 26, 2017, 02:15:05 PM »
Livenation Presale Password for Dallas: TEMPO

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #783 on: July 26, 2017, 02:16:31 PM »
Yes, I saw the presale for tomorrow. I'm on it! Thanks El Barto!
Has a password been released for the presale yet?  Planning on the Asbury Park show.  On a Saturday, too.  Sweet!

Doesn't look like you need a password for Asbury Park.  I was checking earlier because I will be there as well.  But I didn't purchase because I don't like not knowing where I am sitting.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #784 on: July 26, 2017, 02:20:03 PM »
Are these the only US dates? Surprised at no KC date but a Wichita date. Don't think I'm going to be able to swing this.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #785 on: July 26, 2017, 02:21:33 PM »
Are these the only US dates? Surprised at no KC date but a Wichita date. Don't think I'm going to be able to swing this.

My guess. Yes.  Considering the wait and how many "soon"s we got.  I got to think this is it.

Also, if you look at the dates, there's not much wiggle room besides the break they are taking for Thanksgiving it seems but they are still on the east coast before and after that break.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #786 on: July 26, 2017, 02:30:23 PM »
Looks like they learned something from their DPAC show. People will come to shows in North Carolina. I hope that the Triangle becomes a permanent stopping ground. :metal
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #787 on: July 26, 2017, 02:52:11 PM »
Doesn't look like you need a password for Asbury Park.  I was checking earlier because I will be there as well.  But I didn't purchase because I don't like not knowing where I am sitting.
You mean no password for Ticketmaster?  I'm not buying tix through SoundRink.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #788 on: July 26, 2017, 03:16:59 PM »
You mean no password for Ticketmaster?  I'm not buying tix through SoundRink.

Yea meant soundrink.  Didn't even notice this event was finally listed on ticketmaster.  :lol 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #789 on: July 26, 2017, 03:21:57 PM »
I got mine through the citicard  presale, so it's card specific. Actually the first time I've ever gone that route, now that I think about it.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #790 on: July 26, 2017, 03:28:21 PM »
I got mine through the citicard  presale, so it's card specific. Actually the first time I've ever gone that route, now that I think about it.

Asbury Park is listed as "venue online presale"  I don't see anymore information other than its from 10am to 6pm tomorrow.  I guess, I'll find out tomorrow.  The venue's website doesn't give any info. 

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #791 on: July 26, 2017, 03:28:29 PM »
How do you get the pre-sale passwords?
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #792 on: July 26, 2017, 03:32:18 PM »

I get livenation emails, I often get pre-sale codes from them through the emails.  Sometimes it's through a fan club, sometimes it's through a credit card.  I have no idea how to get the code for tomorrow's pre-sale.  I was going to subscribe to an email letter with the venue to see if it came that way, but they don't even have that option (that I can see).  I posted on their facebook page, let's see if the respond, but I'm not thinking it's likely.

Offline Scottjf8

« Reply #793 on: July 26, 2017, 03:41:15 PM »
Jordan answered my question on the live chat today about possible setlist changes, and he said they have already been discussing it some.  I'd love to see a few swap outs, like TBP and gift of music.  Could we get something like Endless Sacrifice?

Oh, and of course this is for the first half of the set.. the second and encore aren't changing..

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #794 on: July 26, 2017, 03:44:11 PM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed this.  I was looking forward to going to this, but it seems kind of odd that it's not listed.

Yeah, it was brought to my attention this morning.  I am looking into it.

EDIT:  Okay, here's the scoop on Peoria:

There are two separate venues within the Civic Center--the arena and the theater.  The hockey game is in the arena.  The venue is currently building the webpage for the concert event (Dream Theater) in the theater part of the venue.  The promoter is getting with the venue's contact to make sure this gets clarified, but fear not--all is well.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 05:24:32 PM by bosk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #795 on: July 26, 2017, 05:35:07 PM »
 "The promoter is getting with the venue's contact to make sure this gets clarified, but fear not--all is well. Oh, and tickets go on sale in 7. . .6. . .5..."
E.F. Benson

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #796 on: July 26, 2017, 06:04:46 PM »
Can you also get in contact with someone about the mistake Albuquerque, MN in the original photo posted and tell them that they gave those in Minnesota a sense of false hope and come here and play as a result.

Thanks

:lol
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Joshgirouard

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #797 on: July 26, 2017, 06:20:12 PM »
Toronto live nation presale password for tomorrow : TEMPO

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #798 on: July 26, 2017, 07:19:36 PM »

Yeah, it was brought to my attention this morning.  I am looking into it.

EDIT:  Okay, here's the scoop on Peoria:

There are two separate venues within the Civic Center--the arena and the theater.  The hockey game is in the arena.  The venue is currently building the webpage for the concert event (Dream Theater) in the theater part of the venue.  The promoter is getting with the venue's contact to make sure this gets clarified, but fear not--all is well.

Thanks for the clarification Bosk1!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #799 on: July 26, 2017, 07:41:57 PM »
Ok, Oaktown gets it first!!!

Bummed they're not playing at the Warfeild though, that's just such a great venue for them.

Very surprised they snubbed the pacific northwest though..

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #800 on: July 26, 2017, 08:46:54 PM »
anyone else having an issue ordering presale tickets on that shitty site? keeps sending me in a circle of logging in and my cart screens...

Yes.  Happened to me.  Gave up on the platinum purchase.  This is Steve from customer service.  Have I answered all of your questions in a courteous and prompt fashion?

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #801 on: July 26, 2017, 10:37:14 PM »
Tickets purchased for the Toronto show!!!!!!!  :metal

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #802 on: July 27, 2017, 06:39:53 AM »

I get livenation emails, I often get pre-sale codes from them through the emails.  Sometimes it's through a fan club, sometimes it's through a credit card.  I have no idea how to get the code for tomorrow's pre-sale.  I was going to subscribe to an email letter with the venue to see if it came that way, but they don't even have that option (that I can see).  I posted on their facebook page, let's see if the respond, but I'm not thinking it's likely.
And, of course, there is no venue website to check.  Their Facebook page says tix go onsale Friday, August 28th.

Offline OptionalPlayer

• Comprised of a series of ones and zeros
« Reply #803 on: July 27, 2017, 07:25:22 AM »
HOW?!?!?! TELL ME PLZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz.

Offline Joshgirouard

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #804 on: July 27, 2017, 07:26:33 AM »
Did you get them through soundrink? I wonder since they are in US funds on that website , that would deter a lot of people from buying them , hence leaving better tickets ....🤔