Author Topic: New DT Tour dates  (Read 142405 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: New DT Tour dates
« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2016, 11:14:44 PM »
Nov 16
City National Grove of Anaheim
Anaheim, CA
Definitely disappointed that it's a Wednesday but this is a much better location than many recent L.A. shows.  I'm actually really curious how attendance will be as they've played The Astonishing in L.A. twice, so many have seen it already I bet lots will pass on the weekday show.  I guess we'll see soon . . .

It's The Grove. You can't fit a lot of people in there anyway :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BelichickFan

« Reply #141 on: August 18, 2016, 11:24:03 AM »
I was 50-50 on going but the Anaheim presale appears to require a password that I don't have.  So I guess the answer is no.  Too complicated, just put the tickets on sale.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #142 on: August 18, 2016, 12:14:23 PM »
I was 50-50 on going but the Anaheim presale appears to require a password that I don't have.  So I guess the answer is no.  Too complicated, just put the tickets on sale.
Presales are never worth the effort. They'll only be offering relatively average seats. Best to wait and buy good seats later. That is, if you actually care about going.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline BelichickFan

« Reply #143 on: August 18, 2016, 12:21:59 PM »
Presales are never worth the effort. They'll only be offering relatively average seats. Best to wait and buy good seats later. That is, if you actually care about going.
I'd like to go but it's a 6 hour round trip so it has to be perfect as I already saw The Astonishing live back in April.  The quality of the seats I can get will answer that question I guess.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #144 on: August 18, 2016, 12:41:22 PM »
I'd like to go but it's a 6 hour round trip so it has to be perfect as I already saw The Astonishing live back in April.  The quality of the seats I can get will answer that question I guess.
Anybody that doesn't get inside of ten rows for this tour just isn't trying. Or just doesn't want to spend $70.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
« Reply #145 on: August 18, 2016, 12:44:34 PM »
Anybody that doesn't get inside of ten rows for this tour just isn't trying. Or just doesn't want to spend $70.
Yup.  I'm in row 8 and I got the tickets several days after general sale started.

See, this is a reason to go.  You'll get great seats!

Offline BelichickFan

« Reply #146 on: August 18, 2016, 01:09:41 PM »
I'll probably have no choice if that's the case.  I was in about the 6th row in April and it was really cool to be that close to Petrucci, et al.  It is annoying, though, having a presale and I have no clue how to get the password.  But it sounds like it may not matter much, if at all.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #147 on: August 18, 2016, 04:41:02 PM »
Password for Anaheim presale is ASTONISHING.

Offline BelichickFan

« Reply #148 on: August 18, 2016, 05:10:34 PM »
Thanks.  Front row "tables" still available, does anyone know if the front row is too close (meaning bad angle, having to look way up) or if it's at a comfortable position as we all know now this is a sitting event (which I still find a little weird but whatever).

I guess in addition to that as there's a General Admission standing area, are the tables high enough to be above the GA ?  Bottom line, for the tables, does anyone know if the fronts are better or the second row ?  I saw them here for ADToE tour but I don't remember the answers to my questions.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 05:16:24 PM by BelichickFan »

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #149 on: August 18, 2016, 07:13:34 PM »
The first row of tables are a great location - eye level with the stage, not too close, very nice vantage.  I suggest getting seats at the front of the table (either seats 1 and 2, or 11 and 12) because you could be at the first table, but because they are positioned long way perpendicular to the stage, if you get seat 6, you'll have 5 people sitting in front you possibly obstructing your view.

Last time at the Grove (ADTOE) I had a seat first table, first seat against the railing, and it felt like the best seat in the house.  But since Nov 16 is a work night I will not be able to get to Anaheim by 6:00pm - so general admission for me.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #150 on: August 18, 2016, 07:23:50 PM »
As much as I love The Grove, I will be skipping this leg of the tour for 2 reasons.

1: It's a work night. There's no way, even with leaving work early, that I'd be able to get down there especially in rush hour traffic. I've had it take 3.5 hours to get from Ventura to Anaheim.

B: I don't hate The Astonishing... but... meh.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BelichickFan

« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2016, 08:45:26 PM »
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 10:24:17 PM by BelichickFan »

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2016, 05:32:33 AM »

Really? What is it?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #153 on: August 19, 2016, 07:32:07 AM »

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #154 on: August 19, 2016, 09:00:09 AM »
Picked up a front row ticket for the Worcester show. If I end up going with my brother or one of my friends, I may end up selling it to sit with them. But for now I'm pretty excited to see them front row.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #155 on: August 19, 2016, 01:21:01 PM »
OMG I almost have to go.  I pretty much gave up on going to concerts, as I've worn out traveling long distances to see shows.  So I was floored when I saw DT was going to be playing in Grand Rapids Michigan!!!  I'd be pretty much stupid to NOT go.  Has it been confirmed that they're performing The Astonishing (in its entirety)?  I'd prefer a concert with a more "random" set list but would be happy to see either without having to travel for it.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2016, 04:38:49 PM »
According to Facebook, looks like we're getting a show in NC after all! This is so cool!
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline bluehaze

« Reply #158 on: August 21, 2016, 06:10:54 PM »
IT'S FINALLY COME TRUE!!! Per Dream Theater's Facebook post, Florida is coming soon. Hurray!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 06:17:04 PM by bluehaze »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #159 on: August 21, 2016, 08:26:03 PM »
According to Facebook, looks like we're getting a show in NC after all! This is so cool!
I saw that!  Can't wait to see where!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2016, 07:16:47 AM »
IT'S FINALLY COME TRUE!!! Per Dream Theater's Facebook post, Florida is coming soon. Hurray!!!!!

The quote for all you southern fans:

Dates are still being announced for the Fall Tour. First Florida show since ADTOE to be announced soon, and hopefully more Southern dates as well!

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #161 on: August 22, 2016, 09:29:52 AM »
ATLANTA !!!  December 4 Symphony Hall.....high class.....woohooo!!!!!!
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2016, 09:46:46 AM »
I hope that the band schedules smaller venues that they can fill. I would hate to go to a show here that's 3/4 empty because they decided to play at a 4000 seat place.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2016, 09:51:01 AM »
DT playing in Orlando at the Hard Rock on December 2nd.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline BelichickFan

« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2016, 10:06:06 AM »
The first row of tables are a great location - eye level with the stage, not too close, very nice vantage.  I suggest getting seats at the front of the table (either seats 1 and 2, or 11 and 12) because you could be at the first table, but because they are positioned long way perpendicular to the stage, if you get seat 6, you'll have 5 people sitting in front you possibly obstructing your view.

Last time at the Grove (ADTOE) I had a seat first table, first seat against the railing, and it felt like the best seat in the house.  But since Nov 16 is a work night I will not be able to get to Anaheim by 6:00pm - so general admission for me.
Thanks for the input.  Although it's a very inconvenient day (6+ hour roundtrip on a Wednesday), I had started avoiding listening to TA because it made me sad that I might not go so I went ahead and did it.

I could have had Row 1 Seat 4 in Section 210 (front row of tables, about three tables over from the middle).  But instead went with Section 228 (I think that is the number) Row 2 Seat 1, this is the second set of tables back but right in the middle slightly to JP's side.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 11:19:23 AM by BelichickFan »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #165 on: August 22, 2016, 10:15:51 AM »
Apparently the NC date is Sunday November 27th at the Durham Performing Arts Center, which is a FANTASTIC venue and is the one I was hoping for.  It is state of the art (only built in 2008) and it's only about 25 minutes from my house. 

Sweet, sweet, sweet!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: August 22, 2016, 10:49:00 AM »
DT playing in Orlando at the Hard Rock on December 2nd.

That's a great venue for them. Smaller venue then I would've guessed DT playing

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #167 on: August 22, 2016, 11:12:46 AM »
Looks like they are going to do a run in Texas too. Hittin' all the States this time! Seems to be a long tour, going all the way into December.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #168 on: August 22, 2016, 11:30:27 AM »
There's a San Antonio date listed, so it reasons that there'll be Houston/Dallas dates, as well. I"m curious where they plan to play in Dallas. They only sell a tiny fraction of their preferred venue on normal tours. I can't imagine this one sells as well. In the meantime plenty of bands are playing The Majestic now, which would be a perfect fit for them. Never understood their need to always play out in Grand Prairie, so we'll see if they've come to their senses.
E.F. Benson

Offline bluehaze

« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2016, 03:11:43 PM »
Given their track from Orlando to Atlanta, I would expect a South Florida date of Dec 1 which would be a Thursday which is perfect for me. I have Thursdays and Fridays off so that would be perfect, and I can see them in both the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area as well as Orlando. I have to do both since I have been screaming for them to come down to the South. Even though it will be the same show, I have to show them some love for their first ever Evening with... shows ever in Florida. Stoked!!!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: August 22, 2016, 03:14:31 PM »
Given their track from Orlando to Atlanta, I would expect a South Florida date of Dec 1 which would be a Thursday which is perfect for me. I have Thursdays and Fridays off so that would be perfect, and I can see them in both the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area as well as Orlando. I have to do both since I have been screaming for them to come down to the South. Even though it will be the same show, I have to show them some love for their first ever Evening with... shows ever in Florida. Stoked!!!

If you didnt go to your local southern show I dont know what would happen!  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2016, 03:27:01 PM »
bluehaze should be introduced on stage.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #172 on: August 22, 2016, 08:07:50 PM »
Does anybody know the presale code for the San Antonio show?

Offline gm5k

« Reply #173 on: August 22, 2016, 08:20:46 PM »
Does anybody know the presale code for the San Antonio show?

Yes this would be great to know  ;D

Offline bluehaze

« Reply #174 on: August 22, 2016, 08:39:23 PM »
bluehaze should be introduced on stage.
Jajajajaja I'll do that. Yo soy dios dorado!!!! ;-)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 10:59:10 PM by bluehaze »