Author Topic: New DT Tour dates  (Read 37172 times)

Offline RaiseTheKnife

Re: New DT Tour dates
« Reply #980 on: August 11, 2017, 12:46:19 PM »
As anticipated, Soundrink is now offering VIP upgrades (no ticket) for several shows.  Maybe they've been available for days, but I just got mine yesterday.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #981 on: August 11, 2017, 02:03:13 PM »
I'm new here but live in Dallas too (McKinney) and got 4th row center. Cant wait.

just saw this after getting back from vacation.  I'm also in McKinney.  What part of town are you in?
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Offical Obsessed Member
  • DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
    • James LaBrie
« Reply #982 on: August 18, 2017, 03:15:50 AM »
http://www.bandsintown.com/event/15294249?artist=Dream+Theater&came_from=217

Istanbul date is added. I'm the happiest person in the world now.

See you everyone! FINALLY!
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline newdull

« Reply #983 on: August 18, 2017, 07:30:42 AM »
^ Honestly, part of the poor ticket sales might be how and where you can get tickets, it's kinda confusing what has been sold and what hasn't.

I went on the Palace Theater website, and it looked like most of the floor was sold and about half the second level, which is pretty good this far out. Little did I know there were more tickets available through Elko. Much better tickets.  :lol

Literally just noticed this. 

While listening to Dream Theater on Pandora, it had a link to buy tickets for the Nov. 8th show @ Greensburg. (slightly creepy, but kinda cool, too.) 

Figured i'd check to see what had sold since i bought tickets, and noticed there's a hell of a lot more tickets available in the orchestra (way close, too) than what's available from the venue itself. :o :o   Weird...

Now i'm torn between buying new tickets and re-selling the ones i got, or just sticking with what i bought....  :huh: :huh:

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #984 on: August 18, 2017, 07:56:39 AM »
^ Honestly, part of the poor ticket sales might be how and where you can get tickets, it's kinda confusing what has been sold and what hasn't.

I went on the Palace Theater website, and it looked like most of the floor was sold and about half the second level, which is pretty good this far out. Little did I know there were more tickets available through Elko. Much better tickets.  :lol

While listening to Dream Theater on Pandora, it had a link to buy tickets for the Nov. 8th show @ Greensburg. (slightly creepy, but kinda cool, too.) 

Figured i'd check to see what had sold since i bought tickets, and noticed there's a hell of a lot more tickets available in the orchestra (way close, too) than what's available from the venue itself. :o :o   Weird...

Now i'm torn between buying new tickets and re-selling the ones i got, or just sticking with what i bought....  :huh: :huh:

Yup, I ended up getting exactly what I wanted through Elko's site. I'm orchestra (floor), dead center, row M, which in my experience at that venue is a great spot for sound.

In and out, $60. Not bad at all for dead center 13 rows back.

Just looked on the venue's website and that whole section looks to be sold out...  :lol

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #985 on: August 18, 2017, 08:00:20 AM »

I would first secure better seats before selling the tickets. I think you have ample time to sell them at least face value.
"There's no way in hell that John Petrucci's gonna do something that sucks.  It just doesn't happen." - Jordan Rudess

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #986 on: August 18, 2017, 01:26:58 PM »
I'm very curious if DT will add a show for Friday, October 27th.   They are in Los Angeles 10/26 and Phoenix 10/28.  In the past they've added shows in Los Angeles when ticket sales were strong.  The Wiltern is virtually sold out, save a few rows in the back balcony, BUT the Wiltern is not available for booking on Friday, Oct. 27!

Being only the 3rd night of the tour, I can't imagine the band needs the night off so soon, and it seems a waste of a Friday night in a valuable market.

I wonder if they are contemplating adding a show for Anaheim (the Grove) or Pomona (Fox Theater)?  Both venues appear to be available Friday, Oct 26.  Riverside, however, is not.

Online JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #987 on: August 18, 2017, 01:28:14 PM »
I'm very curious if DT will add a show for Friday, October 27th.   They are in Los Angeles 10/26 and Phoenix 10/28.  In the past they've added shows in Los Angeles when ticket sales were strong.  The Wiltern is virtually sold out, save a few rows in the back balcony, BUT the Wiltern is not available for booking on Friday, Oct. 27!

Being only the 3rd night of the tour, I can't imagine the band needs the night off so soon, and it seems a waste of a Friday night in a valuable market.

I wonder if they are contemplating adding a show for Anaheim (the Grove) or Pomona (Fox Theater)?  Both venues appear to be available Friday, Oct 26.  Riverside, however, is not.

Too bad seeing them come up and playing like The Ventura Theater is not an option.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline newdull

« Reply #988 on: August 18, 2017, 01:32:25 PM »

Yup, I ended up getting exactly what I wanted through Elko's site. I'm orchestra (floor), dead center, row M, which in my experience at that venue is a great spot for sound.

In and out, $60. Not bad at all for dead center 13 rows back.

Just looked on the venue's website and that whole section looks to be sold out...  :lol

Exactly.  Weeks ago when i checked the venue's website almost all of the orchestra was sold out.  Just assumed Images & Words tour had more draw than The Astonishing...

Little did i know all those seats were available on another website.

Offline newdull

« Reply #989 on: August 18, 2017, 01:35:05 PM »

I would first secure better seats before selling the tickets. I think you have ample time to sell them at least face value.

That's the plan.  Hopefully i don't get stuck with two sets of tickets now...   :-[ :-[

Offline Yesmaestro

« Reply #990 on: August 29, 2017, 07:56:27 AM »
The current tour's last date is Dec 2nd in Dallas. What do you think the chances are of them adding a couple of more dates before the holidays for the Southeast like Georgia and Florida like they did for The Astonishing?

Offline SeventhDegree

• of Inner Turbulence
« Reply #991 on: September 09, 2017, 09:04:39 AM »
VERY disappointed that DT is not playing Minneapolis this time. :( Why?

They've played a show the twin cities during practically every tour in the past.  What kills me is they are playing Peoria, IL the night after they play in Chicago.  Why are they playing a city that's practically a stone's throw from Chicago?

Offline SeventhDegree

• of Inner Turbulence
« Reply #992 on: September 09, 2017, 09:07:13 AM »
The current tour's last date is Dec 2nd in Dallas. What do you think the chances are of them adding a couple of more dates before the holidays for the Southeast like Georgia and Florida like they did for The Astonishing?

Or perhaps Minneapolis?...which they're passing by this time. :(

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #993 on: September 09, 2017, 07:38:14 PM »
Which city the band is playing has nothing to do with them.....It all has to do with a promotor in your city.

Online gzarruk

« Reply #994 on: September 09, 2017, 09:52:44 PM »
Which city the band is playing has nothing to do with them.....It all has to do with a promotor in your city.

100% this.

Offline fanoprog

« Reply #995 on: September 22, 2017, 10:10:04 AM »
Hi All,  I just joined this forum and am a long time DT fan.   I've bought tickets to the Nov 14th show in Albany , NY  from Sound Rink as part of the pre-sale.  This is the first time I've used Sound Rink. They say that they will mail the tickets to me about 2 weeks before the show.

Has anyone used Sound Rink?  Can I count on getting the tickets from Sound Rink?  Has anyone had issues with Sound Rink?

By the way, Sound Rink still has tickets for sale for Albany and I'm pretty sure that those tickets for sale at Sound Rink are not for sale by Ticketmaster.  So, if you want tickets to the Albany show, I suggest you check both Sound Rink and Ticketmaster.  I find that this way to sell tickets -- two separate ticket sellers  - is confusing since it makes it harder to know what tickets are available unless you know about the existence of all of the ticket sellers.

Offline gm5k

« Reply #996 on: September 22, 2017, 11:18:58 PM »
I've kept track of James and how he sings on certain tours and concerts for a while now, and I have to say he sounded amazing in Seoul.  His energy seemed high, too.  I think James really likes the South Korean crowds  :biggrin:  They surely are very enthusiastic about music.

I'm so happy and excited for him that he is sounding so good.  Makes me so stoked for the show in Austin on December 1st.  Going there with 7 friends, and I'm thinking it's going to be absolutely incredible.