Author Topic: New DT Tour dates  (Read 142400 times)

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Re: New DT Tour dates
« Reply #945 on: August 09, 2017, 10:09:12 PM »
Looks like Buffalo and Phoenix are cancelled or you can't buy tickets for them.

Looking at some of these shows on Ticketmaster, some of these shows are far from sold out. Maryland, Texas, and Raleigh, New Mexico, and one of the NY shows are mainly empty
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 10:19:01 PM by SystematicThought »
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #946 on: August 10, 2017, 05:05:02 AM »
Wait shows are getting cancelled?

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #947 on: August 10, 2017, 07:49:37 AM »
I saw on Facebook that a Texas show was cancelled as well.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #948 on: August 10, 2017, 08:07:52 AM »
Damn, I really thought there was an audience for this show  :(

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #949 on: August 10, 2017, 08:11:38 AM »
Looking through the comments on Facebook
Phoenix
Houston
Nashville
Rochester

Have all been cancelled with no reason given
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #950 on: August 10, 2017, 08:16:41 AM »
Damn, I really thought there was an audience for this show  :(

They might just be friggin' tired?? They've played a ton of shows already for this tour....then were gonna jam out one last US leg in two months. Could be a few reasons as to why they cancelled other than poor ticket sales.

Now I'll just keep my fingers crossed that Peoria doesn't cancel....already bought tix
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Gromit1710

« Reply #951 on: August 10, 2017, 08:36:15 AM »
It appears these cities were re-booked at different venues. I'm actually surprised you guys haven't started a thread on this yet.

As of last night, Several cities and the people who purchased presale and VIP tickets at them received an email saying the show had been cancelled from SoundRink.

https://i.imgur.com/vYCl8jN.jpg

The known affected cities that I've been able to find by comparing the US venue dates between DT's official site and the cached SoundRink sale site indicate that perhaps these shows were just re-booked for as of yet unknown reasons. DT's listings look to be updated and no cities have been "dropped" from the tour.

From what I can tell, the affected cities are:

Phoenix, AZ.

Phoenix's Oct 28th date was originally booked at the Celebrity Theater. As of this morning, DT's website is listing the show now at the Chandler Center in Chandler, AZ.

Buffalo/Niagara Falls.

Niagara Falls / Buffalo area date of November 10th has been changed from the Rapids theater to the Rochester auditorium in Rochester, NY.

Nashville, TN

Nashville's date of November 29th at the War Memorial Auditorium has been changed to Thomas Wolfe Auditorium in Mt Caramel, TN.

Irving, TX

The Dec 2nd date at The Pavilion at Irving Music Factory has been moved to The Pavilion in Dallas, Tx. (I'm not sure about this one, they seem to be the same place near as I can tell. Perhaps a local can chime in?)

I've not been able to find any information on how the refund / new ticket purchase thing is going to work yet. As of now, when you click through on DT's site to buy tickets for the new venues, Sound Rink still has the old ones listed.

At the time of this writing, I've not found any official statement from the band as to why the venue changes happened.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #952 on: August 10, 2017, 08:40:40 AM »
I'm trying to buy tickets for the Greensburg, PA show on Nov 8, but I'm not seeing them on sale. Did I miss something? Not available on TicketMaster or DT's main site. Just VIP upgrades. Went to venue's site and almost all the seats have an X over them. I'm assuming the majority of tickets aren't available yet? Sorry for dumb question.

Go here: https://www.elkoconcerts.com/event/1534654-dream-theater-greensburg/

Dude, thank you for this!

Offline MasterLomaxus

• Onion Flakes
« Reply #953 on: August 10, 2017, 08:56:14 AM »

Nashville, TN

Nashville's date of November 29th at the War Memorial Auditorium has been changed to Thomas Wolfe Auditorium in Mt Caramel, TN.

I see this on DT's upcoming events page, but the Thomas Wolfe Auditorium appears to be in Asheville, NC.  That's quite the relocation unfortunately.  Oddly enough, their page says it's in Asheville, TN (which doesn't even appear to exist, as far as I can tell), so who actually knows at this point?

Offline Gromit1710

« Reply #954 on: August 10, 2017, 09:06:19 AM »

Nashville, TN

I see this on DT's upcoming events page, but the Thomas Wolfe Auditorium appears to be in Asheville, NC.  That's quite the relocation unfortunately.  Oddly enough, their page says it's in Asheville, TN (which doesn't even appear to exist, as far as I can tell), so who actually knows at this point?

I've made an OP for discussion about this here https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=50671.0

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #955 on: August 10, 2017, 09:41:39 AM »
This entire tour cycle has been a problem from the booking standpoint.  Not sure if it is whoever is responsible internally or if there is some problem in the chain between DT's internal booking at the promoters, but this is an issue that needs addressing, as it only generates bad PR from fans who don't understand what's going on. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #956 on: August 10, 2017, 09:47:49 AM »
If it's one thing I think MP understood that the guys today don't understand, it's PR. I know that they are focused on other things but they should really take a look at their Facebook and see the 6 month long teasing of North American dates and how people reacted to that. Now that they are announced, they are being cancelled and rescheduled and websites aren't reflecting the changes. This has been a mess

PR is the wrong word because of how MP is online. But I think he was more hands on and would have stepped in by now
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #957 on: August 10, 2017, 10:07:56 AM »
Oh, I think they "get it" just fine.  It's just that they are less hands-on in the process than MP was and trust the crew assigned to that task to handle their business (which the vast majority of musicians not named Mike Portnoy do as well), and someone on that crew appears to be dropping the ball.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #958 on: August 10, 2017, 10:14:40 AM »
Yeah, not getting it is the wrong word and I apologize, I guess it's just jarring sometimes and these problems didn't happen after MP left but these past few tours have been kind of weird. I just also wonder if they know what's happening right now and at what point they step in.
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #959 on: August 10, 2017, 10:48:55 AM »
someone on that crew appears to be dropping the ball.

I think that's an understatement.  This tour announcement is maybe the worst I've seen of any band personally.  Between the "soon"s, the poor initial announcement with websites not being updated and ticket sales not starting on time, sounrink not telling you where you are sitting, to now shows being rescheduled.  This is a disaster.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #960 on: August 10, 2017, 12:02:25 PM »
I'm trying to buy tickets for the Greensburg, PA show on Nov 8, but I'm not seeing them on sale. Did I miss something? Not available on TicketMaster or DT's main site. Just VIP upgrades. Went to venue's site and almost all the seats have an X over them. I'm assuming the majority of tickets aren't available yet? Sorry for dumb question.

Go here: https://www.elkoconcerts.com/event/1534654-dream-theater-greensburg/

Your quite welcome, I'm worried about ticket sales here...still a ton of great seats. I'll be there though!

Dude, thank you for this!

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #961 on: August 10, 2017, 01:22:47 PM »
^ Honestly, part of the poor ticket sales might be how and where you can get tickets, it's kinda confusing what has been sold and what hasn't.

I went on the Palace Theater website, and it looked like most of the floor was sold and about half the second level, which is pretty good this far out. Little did I know there were more tickets available through Elko. Much better tickets.  :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #962 on: August 10, 2017, 01:27:33 PM »
^ Honestly, part of the poor ticket sales might be how and where you can get tickets, it's kinda confusing what has been sold and what hasn't.

I went on the Palace Theater website, and it looked like most of the floor was sold and about half the second level, which is pretty good this far out. Little did I know there were more tickets available through Elko. Much better tickets.  :lol
It sure seems that way. I just went to TM and bought tickets like a normal person, but all of this competing ticketing and whateverthefuck that Soundfink thing is has really been peculiar. Don't recall a situation like this happening before.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #963 on: August 10, 2017, 01:32:55 PM »

It sure seems that way. I just went to TM and bought tickets like a normal person, but all of this competing ticketing and whateverthefuck that Soundfink thing is has really been peculiar. Don't recall a situation like this happening before.

Totally agree.  These sales are definitely a head scratcher. 

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #964 on: August 10, 2017, 01:39:21 PM »

The other curve ball is pricing. Looks like on Ticketmaster tickets are a good $20 more at each level than if I bought them through the venue or the promoter direct.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #965 on: August 10, 2017, 01:41:03 PM »

The other curve ball is pricing. Looks like on Ticketmaster tickets are a good $20 more at each level than if I bought them through the venue or the promoter direct.

Are those resale tickets? 

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #966 on: August 10, 2017, 01:44:10 PM »
^From who ticketmaster?

Edit - yes, it looks like they are resale tickets on Ticketmaster.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #967 on: August 10, 2017, 01:53:38 PM »
^From who ticketmaster?

LOL. In the 3 seconds it took for me to read those three posts I was already well into the planning stages of my class action suit against Ticketmaster, Dream Theater, Soundfink, Bosk, and whoever else I could dream up.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #968 on: August 10, 2017, 01:56:19 PM »
Ive seen that before (I was just scoping out Incubus tickets on ticketmaster and saw the same thing).  If ticketmaster isnt the official seller for the show (AXS was for the incubus tickets I was looking at), people can still list their tickets for resale on it and it almost looks like normal tickets unless you notice the smaller font saying its a resale (or it's a red dot, not blue dot on the seating chart).

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #969 on: August 10, 2017, 02:07:47 PM »
I've not gone to so many concerts because of Ticketmaster.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #970 on: August 10, 2017, 02:15:17 PM »
As much as ticketmaster is a pain, I try not to let it be the reason to stop me from having a good time.  I've just come to accept that there will be at $20 more ontop of whatever they list the price as.

Although ticketmaster totally saved my ass last weekend.  I actually somehow lost my ticket right before entering a sold out concert.  But since I bought it on ticketmaster the box office was able to print me a new ticket.  I was about to go home crying  :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #971 on: August 10, 2017, 02:22:57 PM »
TM's fees are on par with every other ticketing agency.  I've always thought most of the bitching about TM wasn't really deserved, since the fact is they usually provide a far better service.

As much as ticketmaster is a pain, I try not to let it be the reason to stop me from having a good time.  I've just come to accept that there will be at $20 more ontop of whatever they list the price as.

Although ticketmaster totally saved my ass last weekend.  I actually somehow lost my ticket right before entering a sold out concert.  But since I bought it on ticketmaster the box office was able to print me a new ticket.  I was about to go home crying  :lol
I always upload the PDF to my phone, as well as taking the paper copy. Or, I just pick it up at will-call. Or, I take my ticket and the receipt so I can do what you did. Since a great many of my shows are on the road I take no chances. Though I'm guessing at this point they could just swipe my CC without even needing a receipt.
E.F. Benson

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #972 on: August 10, 2017, 02:35:36 PM »
^From who ticketmaster?

LOL. In the 3 seconds it took for me to read those three posts I was already well into the planning stages of my class action suit against Ticketmaster, Dream Theater, Soundfink, Bosk, and whoever else I could dream up.

:lol Sorry about that, but it was this...

Ive seen that before (I was just scoping out Incubus tickets on ticketmaster and saw the same thing).  If ticketmaster isnt the official seller for the show (AXS was for the incubus tickets I was looking at), people can still list their tickets for resale on it and it almost looks like normal tickets unless you notice the smaller font saying its a resale (or it's a red dot, not blue dot on the seating chart).

Hard to tell at first look!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #973 on: August 10, 2017, 02:38:55 PM »
TM's fees are on par with every other ticketing agency.  I've always thought most of the bitching about TM wasn't really deserved, since the fact is they usually provide a far better service.

I always upload the PDF to my phone, as well as taking the paper copy. Or, I just pick it up at will-call. Or, I take my ticket and the receipt so I can do what you did. Since a great many of my shows are on the road I take no chances. Though I'm guessing at this point they could just swipe my CC without even needing a receipt.

I like my ticket stubs (since I collect them, assuming I don't lose them) so I typically pay the extra few bucks to get the physical ticket.  But it would be nice if they could both give you a ticket and pdf.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #974 on: August 10, 2017, 05:14:07 PM »
I've not gone to so many concerts because of Ticketmaster.

Been doing this for years. Now that Rush has retired I'm pretty much 100 percent free of Jive Nation/Ticketbastard.

Saw Tempest a few weeks back for $20 fees included and I was 5 feet away from the stage.

Jelly Jam ($35 fees included) and I'll be closer to John Myung than I was at the Ritz on November 14, 1989.

I'm now done with that whole process.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #975 on: August 10, 2017, 05:16:47 PM »

I like my ticket stubs (since I collect them, assuming I don't lose them) so I typically pay the extra few bucks to get the physical ticket.  But it would be nice if they could both give you a ticket and pdf.

I love ticket stubs too. Unfortunately it gets hard to justify for the extra price per ticket if you're getting more than one. Yet one more thing about the process that makes me feel like I need a shower sometimes.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #976 on: August 11, 2017, 04:14:38 AM »

And those pre-sale prices were totally fucked. I'll bet that a lot of people that don't really know any better probably saw the initial pricing and said 'forget that'. Glad to hear the Palace is doing better than I thought, there always seems to be a good DT crowd there since they started playing that venue.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #977 on: August 11, 2017, 06:46:54 AM »
And those pre-sale prices were totally fucked. I'll bet that a lot of people that don't really know any better probably saw the initial pricing and said 'forget that'. Glad to hear the Palace is doing better than I thought, there always seems to be a good DT crowd there since they started playing that venue.

Honestly, I purposely avoided pre-sale because I knew the show wasn't going to sell out right away or anything and that I'd be able to get a decent seat at a decent price later on (which is all I need).

I'd imagine by the time this show rolls around it'll be either close to a sell out or it will sell out. Both the DT12 tour and TA tour shows at that venue were pretty darn full, so I'd imagine this tour and set would draw just as good if not better for them.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #978 on: August 11, 2017, 08:46:48 AM »

Honestly, I purposely avoided pre-sale because I knew the show wasn't going to sell out right away or anything and that I'd be able to get a decent seat at a decent price later on (which is all I need).

I'd imagine by the time this show rolls around it'll be either close to a sell out or it will sell out. Both the DT12 tour and TA tour shows at that venue were pretty darn full, so I'd imagine this tour and set would draw just as good if not better for them.

Actually, there were no pre-sale tickets through soundrink for the palace show, only VIP. I was referring to some of the other venues, and I also waited it until Fri. the 4th. I did check on the 3rd as to where to buy them from and saw nothing through TM, so i just googled DT and the date and Elko came up...WHEW!

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #979 on: August 11, 2017, 08:49:26 AM »
Actually, there were no pre-sale tickets through soundrink for the palace show, only VIP. I was referring to some of the other venues, and I also waited it until Fri. the 4th. I did check on the 3rd as to where to buy them from and saw nothing through TM, so i just googled DT and the date and Elko came up...WHEW!

Oh wow, I didn't even know that cause I wasn't worried about pre-sale. Weird that there was pre-sale through soundrink for some shows, but not for others, and there were different dates for those pre-sales, etc... Messy.