Author Topic: New DT Tour dates  (Read 142417 times)

Offline OptionalPlayer

• Comprised of a series of ones and zeros
Re: New DT Tour dates
« Reply #805 on: July 27, 2017, 07:35:16 AM »
Tickets purchased for the Toronto show!!!!!!!  :metal
Did you get them through soundrink? I wonder since they are in US funds on that website , that would deter a lot of people from buying them , hence leaving better tickets ....🤔
It definitely would deter me.

Curious though: I'm registered to both DT's and Livenation's mailing list, yet I never received the presale password. Where did you get it?

Offline Joshgirouard

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #806 on: July 27, 2017, 07:45:38 AM »
Did you get them through soundrink? I wonder since they are in US funds on that website , that would deter a lot of people from buying them , hence leaving better tickets ....🤔

Curious though: I'm registered to both DT's and Livenation's mailing list, yet I never received the presale password. Where did you get it?
I'm registered at both as well and didn't get either of them , my wife's best friend actually texted me the screenshot of the email she got with the code from livenation 😂

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #807 on: July 27, 2017, 07:45:46 AM »
Purchased through Sound Rink. Went on the site last night & the purchase link was up.

Offline OptionalPlayer

• Comprised of a series of ones and zeros
« Reply #808 on: July 27, 2017, 07:52:24 AM »

I'm registered at both as well and didn't get either of them , my wife's best friend actually texted me the screenshot of the email she got with the code from livenation 😂
You better have bought that person a ticket!

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #809 on: July 27, 2017, 08:04:09 AM »
https://soundrink.com/#/tour/dream-theater

The Lyric in Baltimore will be another beautiful venue to see them in on Nov 27

Curious, though......never heard of 'Niagra Falls, NY' ;)
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Joshgirouard

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #810 on: July 27, 2017, 08:19:26 AM »
$280 for 2 orchestra tickets to Toronto . Glad I got them through soundrink yesterday

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #811 on: July 27, 2017, 08:29:52 AM »
Anyone know the code for Asbury Park?  Looks like theres some good tickets available.

Offline Serpentor

• I am faster than 80% of all snakes
  • DT.net Member
  • I don't want a large Farva, I want a liter of cola
« Reply #812 on: July 27, 2017, 08:32:20 AM »
Anyone know the code for Asbury Park?  Looks like theres some good tickets available.
  Try TEMPO,  it worked for the Boston presale today
Dear Santa,
Please kill Icy for Christmas.

Love,

Everyone

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #813 on: July 27, 2017, 08:35:09 AM »

Yea, tried that and no good.  Says it's a venue online presale on ticketmaster but the venue has no information about the presale. 

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #814 on: July 27, 2017, 08:38:12 AM »
passcode for Asbury presale is:
DREAM

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #815 on: July 27, 2017, 08:41:25 AM »
Where did you find the Boston code?  Like cramx3 said, there's no sign of the password at all.  I messaged the venue but haven't heard back.

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #816 on: July 27, 2017, 08:42:32 AM »
try DREAM for any presales

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #817 on: July 27, 2017, 08:43:14 AM »
I had no idea what the code was so I just threw "Dream" in and it worked.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #818 on: July 27, 2017, 08:46:16 AM »
passcode for Asbury presale is:
DREAM

:hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Got 7th row center, but more towards Petrucci's side.  $86 after fees and taxes.   :metal :metal

Offline Serpentor

• I am faster than 80% of all snakes
  • DT.net Member
  • I don't want a large Farva, I want a liter of cola
« Reply #819 on: July 27, 2017, 08:46:31 AM »
Where did you find the Boston code?  Like cramx3 said, there's no sign of the password at all.  I messaged the venue but haven't heard back.
I saw Tempo worked for Toronto, so I gave it a shot with the Boston show.
Dear Santa,
Please kill Icy for Christmas.

Love,

Everyone

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #820 on: July 27, 2017, 08:58:33 AM »
Got 3rd row, Myung and Rudess side.

I&W 25th Anniversary for my 25th DT show.  Whoo hoo!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #821 on: July 27, 2017, 09:01:34 AM »

I think I know what tickets you got  :lol Was debating a little closer but to the left or a couple rows back and center.

Honestly was thinking first row on balcony, but those tickets were the same price as the first few rows so passed on that.

Now that I got my friend to agree to come to the NYC show, next week got to hunt for the best tickets there too.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #822 on: July 27, 2017, 09:16:59 AM »

I think I know what tickets you got  :lol Was debating a little closer but to the left or a couple rows back and center.

Honestly was thinking first row on balcony, but those tickets were the same price as the first few rows so passed on that.

Now that I got my friend to agree to come to the NYC show, next week got to hunt for the best tickets there too.
Damn!  I wasn't even thinking about the balcony.  I love the view from the first row balcony at venues.  Technically, it's 13 rows back there.  That's pretty darn good.  Oh well.  3rd row (really first row past the pit) should work just fine.  This'll be my wife's 11th time seeing them.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #823 on: July 27, 2017, 09:17:57 AM »
1 hour, 42 minutes until I BETTER GET GOOD SEATS.  :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline utopiarun

« Reply #824 on: July 27, 2017, 09:21:09 AM »
Got row 6 JP's side at Asbury Park!  ;D

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #825 on: July 27, 2017, 09:22:38 AM »

:metal :metal :metal

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #826 on: July 27, 2017, 09:23:12 AM »
Congrats!

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #827 on: July 27, 2017, 09:29:58 AM »
May have just bought second row tickets on Petrucci's side for Asbury Park. Hooray for impulse purchases :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #828 on: July 27, 2017, 09:30:20 AM »
Wow, those tickets are crazy cheap. I'm sitting super close to the right corner, should have a nice view of JP's action!
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #829 on: July 27, 2017, 09:32:52 AM »
May have just bought second row tickets on Petrucci's side for Asbury Park. Hooray for impulse purchases :hat

The handicap seats?  :lol

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #830 on: July 27, 2017, 09:38:11 AM »
I was actually concerned, my seat is "wheelchair accessible". Does that mean I can buy this only when I'm in a wheelchair? I hope not  :eek

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #831 on: July 27, 2017, 09:42:25 AM »
I was actually concerned, my seat is "wheelchair accessible". Does that mean I can buy this only when I'm in a wheelchair? I hope not  :eek

Probably not.

Those second rows seats were listed as that for NJ (or companion for a wheelchair person).  I doubt anyone will give you a hard time.  But you never know.  I almost bought it cause it was closer, but opted not to.  I've done it once before (accidentally and for a football game) and the seats were amazing and no one complained.  My father loved the nice seats too, so it's kind of become a funny story between us.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #832 on: July 27, 2017, 09:44:30 AM »
I came close to pulling the trigger and buying a ticket, but this show is just too close to my wife's due date.  If the baby hangs on and she delivers a week or later, it's right on the edge of being around the time of the concert.  I want to see this tour bad, but family has to come first. 

I don't like the way that they do tickets now - "verified seats" in "this" row.  At least pricing was decent - $29 for the worst seats and from $45 up to $100 (maybe more) for the best on the main floor

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #833 on: July 27, 2017, 09:49:21 AM »

Probably not.

Those second rows seats were listed as that for NJ (or companion for a wheelchair person).  I doubt anyone will give you a hard time.  But you never know.  I almost bought it cause it was closer, but opted not to.  I've done it once before (accidentally and for a football game) and the seats were amazing and no one complained.  My father loved the nice seats too, so it's kind of become a funny story between us.

Yeah, quite a few of them are listed as wheelchair accessible, which I think just means it's a seat next to the aisle. Would seem excessive if all of those were reserved for people in wheelchairs.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #834 on: July 27, 2017, 09:58:33 AM »

Not sure now that you mention it :lol Didn't notice anything about that when I was buying them, but I see it listed on the other row B tickets that are still available. Don't see it mentioned anywhere on my receipt or the digital copy of the tickets. Guess we'll see what happens.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #835 on: July 27, 2017, 10:04:23 AM »

Not sure now that you mention it :lol Didn't notice anything about that when I was buying them, but I see it listed on the other row B tickets that are still available. Don't see it mentioned anywhere on my receipt or the digital copy of the tickets. Guess we'll see what happens.

:lol you're good

Also, happy with the ticket prices so far.  Cheaper than TA shows for me.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #836 on: July 27, 2017, 10:05:25 AM »
Surprised by y'alls ticket prices. For Dallas the seats are relatively expensive. I think part of it might be that it's a brand spanking new venue (not even sure it's open yet). But when people in NY/Boston are buying first tier tickets for what I paid for second it's a peculiar thing.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #837 on: July 27, 2017, 10:08:11 AM »
Surprised by y'alls ticket prices. For Dallas the seats are relatively expensive. I think part of it might be that it's a brand spanking new venue (not even sure it's open yet). But when people in NY/Boston are buying first tier tickets for what I paid for second it's a peculiar thing.

Maybe a promoters way of getting people to buy tickets for more than one show?  I mean Asbury Park to NYC is only an hour and half drive and without rotating setlists, maybe a lower priced ticket is what helps drive ticket sales for all the shows in a close proximity?

Last DT appearance in Asbury Park didn't sell well at all and it was followed by a packed show in NYC.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #838 on: July 27, 2017, 10:17:39 AM »
I really don't understand this fucking band. The venue they're playing this time in Dallas can be configured for 2500, 4000, and 8000. It's matter of opening up the 300s and then the lawn. DT might sell 1500 here, so naturally they're using the 4k configuration. The smart play here is to buy the cheap $29 seats in the 300 section. The day of the show they'll be reticketed all the way down to the 100 level. From there you move up even further.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #839 on: July 27, 2017, 10:25:11 AM »
35 minutes...

Not like I am counting or anything...
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com