Author Topic: Official NHL 2016-2017 Thread  (Read 90686 times)

Offline Jarlaxle

Re: Official NHL 2016-2017 Thread
« Reply #315 on: February 14, 2017, 04:31:51 PM »
Interesting signing. Julien's coaching style is geared more toward the big bodies, bump and grind style of play, and can't say the Habs have that kind of roster.

Offline WDADU

• Are you justified?
« Reply #316 on: February 14, 2017, 09:37:20 PM »
Wish Andersen had gotten a shutout. But I ain't complainin' winning 7 - 1 against the Islanders.
Brave
Murder
Day

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #317 on: February 15, 2017, 06:59:58 AM »
Gheez, Mike getting fired for having his team in first place.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #318 on: February 15, 2017, 08:23:03 AM »
Got an email from the prudential center on purchasing discounted tickets for the Rangers Devils game next Saturday.  Hell yea, they gave me a good price for tickets so I scooped up 4.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #319 on: February 15, 2017, 08:58:32 PM »
*First place in a bad division due to a hot start. We definitely have not been the best team in the division since December. Nowhere near it.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #320 on: February 18, 2017, 11:07:03 AM »
*First place in a bad division due to a hot start. We definitely have not been the best team in the division since December. Nowhere near it.

Oh I get that, but... he was in first place. What more did they want from him? Zero place? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #321 on: February 20, 2017, 09:05:11 PM »

Oh I get that, but... he was in first place. What more did they want from him? Zero place? :lol

Being the cream of the crap isn't much to be proud of.  Losing 7 of 8 will do that to a coach.  And holy shit... here come the Panthers.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #322 on: February 20, 2017, 10:05:11 PM »

Being the cream of the crap isn't much to be proud of.  Losing 7 of 8 will do that to a coach.  And holy shit... here come the Panthers.

The Panthers are legit. They have a lot of talent there. When they fully tap into that talent, look out.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #323 on: February 21, 2017, 06:11:07 AM »
Yeah, didn't they just run the table in California? If Jagr played like this in the 2013 finals, the Bruins would've had another Cup.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #324 on: February 21, 2017, 10:47:59 AM »

Yup, being in first place is nothing to be proud of,  :lol

I'll just say the reason why this happened since no one else is... French Canadian coach for the team that loves French Canadians. That has more to do with this decision than anything else.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #325 on: February 26, 2017, 05:04:46 PM »
MOTHER******

https://www.nhl.com/news/kings-acquire-ben-bishop-from-lightning/c-287158228

The Tampa Bay Lightning traded goaltender Ben Bishop and a fifth-round pick in the 2017 NHL Draft to the Los Angeles Kings on Sunday for goaltender Peter Budaj, defenseman Erik Cernak, a seventh-round pick in 2017 and a conditional pick in this year's draft.

Bishop is in the final year of a two-year, $11.9 million contract with an average annual value of $5.95 million, according to CapFriendly.com. He is 16-12-3 with a 2.55 goals-against average and .911 save percentage in 32 games this season.

Kings goalie Jonathan Quick, who injured his groin in the season opener on Oct. 12, returned to the lineup and made 32 saves in a 4-1 win against the Anaheim Ducks on Saturday.

Bishop was selected in the third round (No. 85) of the 2005 NHL Draft by the St. Louis Blues. He played seven games with the Blues in the 2010-11 season before he was traded to the Ottawa Senators on Feb. 26, 2012. Bishop spent two seasons with the Senators before being traded to the Lightning on April 3, 2013.

I understand he was a liability because of his injuries (we probably had a chance against the Pens last year in the playoffs if he didn't get hurt). It just sucks to see your favorite players get traded. Hopefully Budaj does well for us, and im ok with acquiring Cernak.

Kings better not steal our Bish Please slogan...

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #326 on: February 27, 2017, 07:32:11 AM »
Fun game Saturday night at Heinz Field. Always good to see the Pens beat the Flyers!

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #327 on: February 27, 2017, 04:45:55 PM »
I really hope Jagr plays a couple more seasons and gets to 2,000 points. Scoring will never be what it was in the 80s so it'd be nice to see a second player join Gretz in that echelon. I can't see anyone getting there again in the modern era.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #328 on: February 27, 2017, 04:52:32 PM »
I had a blast at the Rangers/Devils game on Saturday evening.  Game was mostly boring until the end of the 2nd and then it was crazy and nice to see the Rangers win in OT.  Also, it's always fun for Rangers fans to turn out for the Devil's home game  :yarr

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #329 on: February 27, 2017, 06:20:01 PM »
I really hope Jagr plays a couple more seasons and gets to 2,000 points. Scoring will never be what it was in the 80s so it'd be nice to see a second player join Gretz in that echelon. I can't see anyone getting there again in the modern era.

Eh, I think it stinks.  I love the fact that if you take away every goal 99 every scored, which was more than anybody ever, he's still the highest point scorer in NHL history on assists alone.  By playing till he's 55, Jagr will take that away.  Meh.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #330 on: February 27, 2017, 06:22:19 PM »
Moves are starting to happen ahead of the deadline.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #331 on: February 27, 2017, 07:32:43 PM »
Sounds like Shattenkirk is going to the Caps?

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #332 on: February 27, 2017, 07:34:32 PM »
Yup, now the Lightning just traded Brian Boyle to the Maple Leafs for NOBODY. A prospect pick for the 2017 draft.

A lot of people had us winning the Stanley Cup, so this is already a disappointing season. Now I feel like we're going backwards...

I heard the Rangers, but that would be an interesting move if he went to the Caps

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #333 on: February 27, 2017, 07:35:52 PM »
When is Stamkos coming back? And isn't Callahan out too?

Seems like this year is over for TB.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #334 on: February 27, 2017, 07:38:54 PM »
Yeah, it is. Kucherov...bless him...is trying to carry us. Bishop was out too for the majority of the season with an injury before we traded him. The more I think about that Bishop trade, more I realize he would've left as a free agent after the season since the Bolts didn't renew his contract last year but they resigned Vasey for 2 years

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #335 on: February 27, 2017, 07:41:25 PM »
A lot to like about TB going forward. A lost year. It happens.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #336 on: February 27, 2017, 08:27:16 PM »

Yep, it's a done deal.  The Caps got him for not that much.  Armstrong has really shit the bed in the last year for the Blues.  :tdwn :tdwn

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #337 on: February 27, 2017, 09:44:15 PM »

Yep, it's a done deal.  The Caps got him for not that much.  Armstrong has really shit the bed in the last year for the Blues.  :tdwn :tdwn

If he's not fired after the Blues get trounced in the first round (assumimg they make it) I'm going to be fuming. As you eloquently stated.....he's done nothing but F up non stop for the majority of his tenure. Dude needs to go, now.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline romdrums

« Reply #338 on: February 28, 2017, 09:10:10 AM »

If he's not fired after the Blues get trounced in the first round (assumimg they make it) I'm going to be fuming. As you eloquently stated.....he's done nothing but F up non stop for the majority of his tenure. Dude needs to go, now.

Most Red Wings fans would love it if you took GM Ken Holland off our hands.  He's apparently the only one in Detroit who doesn't know the Wings need a rebuild.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #339 on: February 28, 2017, 09:52:47 AM »
I think Holland is going to fire sale and dump free agents, otherwise staying quiet this year. The playoffs are out of reach, even if they aren't mathematically eliminated, so it's time to start. Funny how he was so brilliant for so long and now it's sliding downhill. Everything is cyclical, even if it takes a long to come around. Changing of the guard.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline romdrums

« Reply #340 on: February 28, 2017, 10:45:11 AM »
I think Holland is going to fire sale and dump free agents, otherwise staying quiet this year. The playoffs are out of reach, even if they aren't mathematically eliminated, so it's time to start. Funny how he was so brilliant for so long and now it's sliding downhill. Everything is cyclical, even if it takes a long to come around. Changing of the guard.

Well, he did just trade Brendan Smith to the Rangers for picks, so maybe that's a sign that he's coming around.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #341 on: February 28, 2017, 05:30:35 PM »

I heard the Rangers, but that would be an interesting move if he went to the Caps
He'll sign with the Rangers after this season, but they weren't so much in the trade running. That was mostly Pens vs. Caps.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #342 on: February 28, 2017, 06:55:42 PM »
Well, he did just trade Brendan Smith to the Rangers for picks, so maybe that's a sign that he's coming around.

Vanek, Ott, and Miller are likely on the block, and he'll entertain offers on others. If Vanek escapes the Expansion Draft, they may sign him again in the offseason.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #343 on: March 01, 2017, 07:04:44 AM »
Fire sale continues: Ott to Montreal for a pick. I'll be very surprised if Vanek and Miller remain after today.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #344 on: March 01, 2017, 09:14:00 AM »

He'll sign with the Rangers after this season, but they weren't so much in the trade running. That was mostly Pens vs. Caps.

Yup. I can tell you as a Pens fan though, I saw absolutely no need to bring Shattenkirk in here. Assuming our D gets healthy for the playoffs, the fact that he is right-handed, and a lot of his strengths are PP related - I didn't see it as a good fit for the team. It kinda reeked of assembling names rather than a team.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #345 on: March 01, 2017, 01:11:00 PM »
And there went Vanek, just like I said. Maybe Miller stays.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #346 on: March 12, 2017, 10:18:04 AM »
I have Becoming Wild on in the background, and Bruce Boudreau talked about being a player. I have literally NO recollection of him playing.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #347 on: March 12, 2017, 02:02:39 PM »
I have Becoming Wild on in the background, and Bruce Boudreau talked about being a player. I have literally NO recollection of him playing.

Neither do Maple Leaf fans.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #348 on: March 13, 2017, 08:43:55 PM »
So I'm watching the Bruins/Canucks game and they gave an amazing stat: Henrik and Daniel Sedin have been in on TOGETHER on 700 goals.
Which puts them in 2nd place, 64 behind Gretzky/Kurri.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #349 on: March 13, 2017, 09:41:51 PM »
Straight up playoff game going on between the Kings and Blues right now.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind