Author Topic: Official NHL 2016-2017 Thread  (Read 89948 times)

Online fadetoblackdude7

Re: Official NHL 2016-2017 Thread
« Reply #175 on: November 23, 2016, 12:17:33 PM »
Name is meh. Excellent logo though!

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #176 on: November 24, 2016, 08:30:17 PM »
Yeah, the name is just... awkward. But the logo is honestly one of the better logos in the league, and I'm a fan of the colour scheme. At least they'll look cool!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #177 on: December 04, 2016, 05:24:29 PM »
Weber starting to come back down to earth a little. He's still awesome, but the team is missing Subban right now. Big time. He was just so much more effective at getting the puck out of our zone and into the opponent's.

Radulov still continues to amaze though. He reminds me of Crosby in style, with the whole "ultimate grinder" thing I mentioned earlier in the thread. Obviously he's not on Crosby's level, but he's great for the same reasons and makes everyone around him better. :metal

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #178 on: December 04, 2016, 07:46:02 PM »
Weber starting to come back down to earth a little. He's still awesome, but the team is missing Subban right now. Big time. He was just so much more effective at getting the puck out of our zone and into the opponent's.

Radulov still continues to amaze though. He reminds me of Crosby in style, with the whole "ultimate grinder" thing I mentioned earlier in the thread. Obviously he's not on Crosby's level, but he's great for the same reasons and makes everyone around him better. :metal

It's really clear to me that he is out to prove people wrong about him. We all know the reputation that he made for himself in his previous NHL stints, and hopefully after this year he can continue to play to his current level because having guys like him is great for the sport. I like your comparison to Crosby,  I feel like the two would be a very good match for one another on a line.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #179 on: December 06, 2016, 07:31:50 PM »

It's really clear to me that he is out to prove people wrong about him. We all know the reputation that he made for himself in his previous NHL stints, and hopefully after this year he can continue to play to his current level because having guys like him is great for the sport. I like your comparison to Crosby,  I feel like the two would be a very good match for one another on a line.
Agreed. There were lots of worries about his personality, but at least thus far he's one of the most positive attitudes on the team. He's a man on a mission out there.

Radulov + Crosby would be unfair. Two of the hardest guys to knock off the puck. :lol

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #180 on: December 06, 2016, 08:19:51 PM »

Agreed. There were lots of worries about his personality, but at least thus far he's one of the most positive attitudes on the team. He's a man on a mission out there.

Radulov + Crosby would be unfair. Two of the hardest guys to knock off the puck. :lol

They would cycle for an entire period.  :lol

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #181 on: December 08, 2016, 07:32:38 AM »
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/18234450/vegas-golden-knights-trademark-request-denied-us-patent-office

The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on Wednesday denied the Vegas Golden Knights' trademark request, citing a "likelihood of confusion" with the Golden Knights of The College of Saint Rose in Albany, New York.

:rollin :lol
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #182 on: December 08, 2016, 09:00:45 AM »
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/18234450/vegas-golden-knights-trademark-request-denied-us-patent-office

The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on Wednesday denied the Vegas Golden Knights' trademark request, citing a "likelihood of confusion" with the Golden Knights of The College of Saint Rose in Albany, New York.

:rollin :lol

:lol Only the NHL  :facepalm:

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #183 on: December 08, 2016, 09:05:44 AM »
Not even the NHL, the Golden Knights management. Why the hell announce the fucking name if you don't even have the legal trademark to it yet?!

Then again, this might just be karmas way of telling them the name fucking SUCKS.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #184 on: December 08, 2016, 10:01:17 AM »
They said up front that there might be hurdles but were confident they would get the name through. I see no reason to believe that's not the case. Good for a chuckle, but the story is a non-story most likely.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #185 on: December 08, 2016, 10:03:25 AM »
Of course, they'll appeal and win. There are dozens of similar sports names out there. It's still funny.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #186 on: December 08, 2016, 10:07:15 AM »
In other news, let's talk about teams who currently have 6 game win streaks. :D
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #187 on: December 08, 2016, 10:11:01 AM »

Or teams that are winning their division.   :biggrin:

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #188 on: December 08, 2016, 10:13:50 AM »
Or John Scott. Meant to post this yesterday, a beautiful follow up to his last piece. Enjoy retirement John.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/john-scott-retirement/

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #189 on: December 08, 2016, 01:20:44 PM »

Or teams that are winning their division.   :biggrin:

Or teams that habitually rip their fans hearts out      :(
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #190 on: December 08, 2016, 05:05:17 PM »
Welp, literally our entire team is injured. Please don't be a repeat of last season.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #191 on: December 08, 2016, 08:32:51 PM »
That's the way to do it. Pure dominance. :metal I know Devils have terrible defense, but at least gives me some optimism that we can do so well despite missing so many players.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #192 on: December 08, 2016, 08:59:20 PM »
In other news, let's talk about teams who currently have 6 7 game win streaks. :D

FTFY
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #193 on: December 10, 2016, 06:39:58 PM »
Damn the Leafs are fast.

Fucking Bruins have dominated this game and are down 2-0.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #194 on: December 10, 2016, 08:54:43 PM »
I am pleased with the events of tonight's game.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #195 on: December 10, 2016, 11:12:14 PM »
They got back almost all the goals against that they gained against Columbus last month
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2016, 09:40:28 AM »
A little bit of a bummer that Colorado managed the 1, a 10-0 game would have been beautiful. But I'll take this. :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #197 on: December 12, 2016, 08:27:57 PM »
Gah. Very deserved loss. No excuse for such a sterile powerplay. Our only decent defenseman was god damn Emelin too. The D just looked lost tonight. 1st and 3rd lines were on fire though.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #198 on: December 12, 2016, 08:30:15 PM »
Bruins have been playing well. Not scoring much though. They have now scored 2 goals or less in 21 of their 30 games.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #199 on: December 13, 2016, 06:56:06 AM »
Pens on a 6 game win streak, averaging almost 6 goals per game on that streak = Really fun, enjoyable hockey!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #200 on: December 14, 2016, 03:35:13 PM »
Last season and now this season I can honestly say I've toned it down quite a bit while watching the Blues play. I no longer scream 'C'MON!!' when they make bone head plays or give up weak goals....I just kind of watch the game like a normal person I guess. It's actually been quite a change for me and I like it (Playoffs are a different story...I save it all for those games)

Anyway, that being said watching the Blues utterly disappear after going up 3-0 on the Predators last night and ultimately losing 5-3 made my blood boil and I may have resorted back to some old habits......I can take watching a loss but that game was infuriating.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #201 on: December 14, 2016, 03:39:15 PM »
Pens on a 6 game win streak, averaging almost 6 goals per game on that streak = Really fun, enjoyable hockey!

Pens/B's tonight!

Last season and now this season I can honestly say I've toned it down quite a bit while watching the Blues play. I no longer scream 'C'MON!!' when they make bone head plays or give up weak goals....I just kind of watch the game like a normal person I guess. It's actually been quite a change for me and I like it (Playoffs are a different story...I save it all for those games)

Anyway, that being said watching the Blues utterly disappear after going up 3-0 on the Predators last night and ultimately losing 5-3 made my blood boil and I may have resorted back to some old habits......I can take watching a loss but that game was infuriating.

Suckah!

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #202 on: December 15, 2016, 08:15:35 AM »

Pens/B's tonight!

Good game last night! Rusty with a beauty in OT to win it, that's one of those games that could have gone either way.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #203 on: December 17, 2016, 07:47:32 PM »
Good game tonight. Aside from the first 10 minutes our defensemen were rock solid. Great stuff because they've been swiss cheese recently. :metal

Online fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #204 on: December 17, 2016, 09:07:57 PM »
Hell of a Hawks/Blues game tonight. Definitely a call and response thing goin on with each goal. I dig it!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #205 on: December 17, 2016, 09:08:48 PM »
Bad result, though, as the bad guys won.  >:(

Online fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #206 on: December 18, 2016, 08:43:07 AM »
Bad result, though, as the bad guys won.  >:(

Not from where I'm standing

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #207 on: December 22, 2016, 08:09:42 PM »
Watching the Bruins/ Panthers game tonight. Congrats to Jagr on passing Messier to become the  #2 All Time Leading Scorer.
At 44 he is now ONLY 1000 points behind Gretzky!

WTF??

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #208 on: December 23, 2016, 07:05:08 AM »
Watching the Bruins/ Panthers game tonight. Congrats to Jagr on passing Messier to become the  #2 All Time Leading Scorer.
At 44 he is now ONLY 1000 points behind Gretzky!

WTF??

Yup, shows you how different hockey was in Wayne's prime. Totally different game back then. Unless the NHL somehow swings back that direction (and heads out of the dead-puck era we are in now) I don't see anyone ever touching Wayne's scoring number, no matter how good the player.

Offline WDADU

• Are you justified?
« Reply #209 on: December 23, 2016, 10:40:47 AM »
6 - 0 against the Avalanche last night  :metal Hopefully the Leafs can crush Arizona tonight. Show 'em Auston Matthews is Toronto's boy now  :biggrin:
Brave
Murder
Day