Author Topic: The Glass Prison.....  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Heavens_Cove777

• A journey to find The answers inside Our illusive
The Glass Prison.....
« on: July 24, 2016, 04:12:08 AM »
Anyone else notice that the cover of BC&SL has stuff from the glass prison on the artwork (I'm assuming it's because the album concludes the suite)
But in the song The Glass Prison the lyrics to "I turned around saw a light shining through, the door was wide open." Then you hear a glass break.
Well the art for BC&SL shows a door open with the brightness of day shining through with a shattered liquor bottle also on the cover? Hahaha it might not be anything and I might just be digging too deep, but I was just wondering? It's pretty cool
"I'm kneeling on the floor
staring at the wall
like the spider in the window
I wish that I could speak" ✝

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Glass Prison.....
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 06:57:12 AM »
That's interesting. I think I'd been assuming the bottle alone was representing TSF and the doorway was tied with the child MP (looking up at his passed father) in representing TBOT, but perhaps it's meant to evoke things in both songs, much like the (pigmy?) elephant can represent 'the elephant in the room' (trauma aftermath) as well as 'memory of an elephant' for ANTR, TSF, TBOT, and TCOT – all songs where memory and trauma are essential to the lyrics.

I don't get the mouse, though. Is the elephant trying to hide from it by standing on the books?

Offline Mladen

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 08:55:59 AM »
The elephant is supposed to be afraid of the mouse, which is loosely tied with The Count of Tuscany. I find it funny, to be honest  :lol The question is, why is the elephant standing on some books?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 10:33:22 AM »
The elephant is supposed to be afraid of the mouse, which is loosely tied with The Count of Tuscany. I find it funny, to be honest  :lol The question is, why is the elephant standing on some books?

Knowledge is power :neverusethis:

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 08:17:40 PM »
The question is, why is the elephant standing on some books?
I don't know. But, the exact same books (now with names on them) eventually re-appeared on the artwork for "The Looking Glass" on the self-titled album, and an elephant is on top of them as well. So, it might have to do with some concept/belief that John has (which he referenced on his lyrics?).

But in the song The Glass Prison the lyrics to "I turned around saw a light shining through, the door was wide open." Then you hear a glass break.
Well the art for BC&SL shows a door open with the brightness of day shining through with a shattered liquor bottle also on the cover? Hahaha it might not be anything and I might just be digging too deep, but I was just wondering? It's pretty cool
I had never thought about the door/glass recurrence on BC&SL. That's interesting!