2 (33.3%)
Yes.
0 (0%)
Yes.
3 (50%)
Yes.
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Parama's Spontaneous Roulette v1.5 (Back From the Dead)  (Read 74926 times)

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Re: Parama's Spontaneous Roulette v1.5 (ROUND 3 LISTENING)
« Reply #420 on: August 13, 2016, 10:31:13 AM »
I can definitely see me being sacked this round

if Parama has no emotions at all and is not moved by my beautiful song.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #421 on: August 13, 2016, 10:42:12 AM »
the highest score on any of my writeups thus far is 8.75, and i was tempted to make it a 9 but i don't think it's quite there for me yet. though it's really hard for a song to hit 9 when i only give it 5 listens to be fair but some songs could do it, being human would've prob been a 9 or 9.25 when i originally scored it and limousine a 9.5 or 9.75, maybe even a flat 10, it's just that good  :lol

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #422 on: August 13, 2016, 10:43:47 AM »
Don't eliminate me and you're getting a 10 song next round :P
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #423 on: August 13, 2016, 01:39:46 PM »
 :corn :corn :corn

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #426 on: August 13, 2016, 01:49:39 PM »
i may go back and revise the score of the amorphis song to 7.75 because it is not a 7.5 at all and it's throwing off my arbitrary scoring scale by being too good for the number i gave it

this is why scoring scales suck but i will continue to use them regardless  :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #427 on: August 13, 2016, 02:08:38 PM »
Floating Like a Feather

#6: Evermind: Dark Tranquillity – Iridium

First Impressions:
I don’t know what Celestial Violence without Einar would be. Just the growly parts? That sounds very un-Evermind-y. Jokes aside. I feel like you meant that as a “contrast between quieter, atmospheric parts and heavier, more explosive ones”. Regardless, having growls at all makes for one weird entry coming from you. There’s a grandness, a sense of raw power to this track. It’s a basic song but really effective in what it does. I don’t know what else to say about it.

Final Thoughts:
I still kind of feel like you were bribed into sending something like this but whatever haha. I’m glad you did regardless, it’s a pretty rad song. Has the growlies instant 10/10.

Anyways. The quiet intro is solid but it doesn’t really have the emotional depth of the song you directly compared it too, but it’s solid nonetheless. When the song really kicks in though, that’s what I’m talking about. Just a pure power to it. Crushing guitars, booming drums, the synths providing a melodic background. It all sort of blends together into a wall of sound, but in a good way, the kind that overwhelms you as you listen to it.

The rest of the song is kind of just there in comparison to the chorus, really. The second verse has a bit more power behind it, the bridge has a solid guitar melody going on but it’s repeated a bit too much, and the outro is… well, a bit too long for sure, but there’s some nice, subtle melodic stuff going on there. It’s all okay, but the chorus really outshines the rest of this. I don’t dislike the rest but I find it all “okay” at best.

I think I had a pretty positive kneejerk reaction to this one, and then on relistens noticed how little it really had to offer as a whole… it’s solid, there’s no doubting that, and that chorus is killer, but not especially unique either. I definitely enjoy it, there’s no doubt about that, but I feel like if I keep listening to this one I’d start to lose interest in it. Kind of like what happened with Celestial Violence and most of Arktis, to be honest, so I guess hey the comparison works! Just not in the way you wanted it to, perhaps.

7.5/10

#5: home: Biffy Clyro – 9/15ths

First Impressions:
This is the band that Mike Vennart played with for a bit, and also I’ve heard a few songs by as well. And is apparently djent, according to Evermind. The intro of this is kind of haunting and when the vocals come in it definitely seems like it’s trying to veer in that direction. Okay, and when the heavy guitars kick in it’s just crushing and intense. The climax is utterly massive, too. Shame it’s so brief, though, but that definitely makes it concise.

Final Thoughts:
I kind of saw this coming, but the main issue of this song is pretty apparent; repeating one line over and over makes for a repetitive song, no matter how much you build up that one line. It’s not a particularly deep or interesting lyric to begin with, either. I do get tired of it, I wish there was more variety to the lyrics. There’s like one bit that has different lyrics but it’s short and they go back to the main line right after.

Musically though this is great. The somber guitar in the intro and the unnerving strings backing it. The crushing and punchy guitar when the song really kicks in, The bass and drums synchronizing with the rhythm to give it that much more punch. The choir that comes in to back the vocals, and then takes center stage at the end. The way the first loud bit doesn’t quite go over the top so that they have something to top it later.

I really like the bridge between the two “choruses” of the song too, the crash cymbal rolls and fuzzy guitar and guitar noise creating this massive wall of sound that builds perfectly to the climax. And the screeching strings that come in over the final heavy bit to make it all that more powerful, just wonderfully epic.

I’m almost wondering if the song’s length works in its favor to some extent, as it’d be exponentially more repetitive if it were twice as long and I’d probably get tired of it, but at under 3 minutes it’s kept concise and relistenable, even if I’m slightly bothered by the lyrics. But it’s really only slightly, and overall this is a killer track. Maybe one day I’ll actually look deeper into these guys, I’ve known about them forever, so, yeah.

8/10

#4: Tomislav95: Totalselfhatred – Enlightenment

First Impressions:
Pretty distinctly getting a “nothing especially unique, but just rather well done” vibe from this one right away. The wall of sound created by the guitars and strings is wonderfully dense and fuzzy, the drums aren’t destroying it by being too active and the vocals blend right in. It definitely fits in with the kind of black metal I enjoy; intense and beautiful, crushing and gorgeous, and not really concerned with being br00tal or dissonant.

Final Thoughts:
I guess if I had to pick out a fault in this track, it’s that all the louder parts sound the same, as far as I can tell there’s not much variation outside of the vocals and the drums changing a few times. That being said, what gets repeated is plenty good and it’s atmospheric in a way such that I don’t really get tired of it, so that’s more of a nitpick than anything.

I think the MVP of this track are the strings that show up in the quieter places. They really help keep the song sounding dense and haunting, they provide a darker texture that plays well off the guitar and piano melodies, creating a chilling mood that I quite like. The guitar and piano lines during the quieter moments are both solid too, they serve their purpose plenty well.

Surprisingly, considering this is a black metal track, the bass is pretty audible throughout the louder moments of the track. Not that it does much special other than a few melodies towards the end of the song, but it’s nice to hear regardless. The drums also mostly change by adding double-kick bass to the same straightforward rhythm which drives the energy of the song up ever so slightly while not really breaking the atmosphere.

It’s really hard to describe this song in ways other than “everything works” and “it all sounds good”. I can’t say this is as spacey or easy to get lost in as Alrakis tends to be for me, but it’s a similar sound in a lot of the same ways and definitely a sound I can get behind. I’d definitely listen to a whole album of songs like this, absolutely. Not a standout track but certainly an enjoyable one regardless.

8.25/10

#3: Bolsters: The Old Dead Tree – What’s Done is Done

First Impressions:
A bit into this and I’m finding that while this isn’t really standing out as anything particularly unique, there’s some cool riffs going on and it’s far from boring. That weird disco guitar that pops up in a few places is a strange choice though. I’m not sure why it’s there or what it’s supposed to add. The calmer break in the middle is solid. This is one of those songs that doesn’t have anything really standing out on first listen but is just all-around solid, and I’m fine with that.

Final Thoughts:
This song is kind of all over the place. The intro guitar tone is something straight out of some kind of mid 2000’s indie rock track. Then the song kicks in with a driving, slightly heavier pop rock style riff and death metal growls. And that random funk/disco guitar that happens on the chorus. And then 1:30 there’s the slower bit that has this feeling of impending doom about it, it’s macabre in a way. And THEN a cut to a quieter middle. And there’s a piano in there too, just for good measure?

Honestly as simple as the guitar riffs in this song are, I quite like them. They have a lot of groove to them but also a driving force when it’s needed. They keep the song’s energy high but they’re crunchy enough to have power too. The slower, heavily melodic parts are probably my favorite bits though, I just like the atmosphere they have, it’s dark in an interesting way. There’s not really anything new that shows up past the halfway mark aside from a guitar solo and an intense riff accompanying it as the song builds up to its climax, but there’s enough to the song that it doesn’t get stale either.

The growls are a bit underplayed here, only showing up a few times, but they’re pretty solid, and the song gets suitably intense to match them whenever they show up. The cleans are solid too, not exceptional but plenty serviceable and the vocal melodies are pretty good on the whole, no real complaints on that front. Really the only nitpicks I have are that disco guitar that I’m just not a huge fan of, same with the tone of the guitar during the intro. They’re both just too fuzzy and thin sounding, I suppose.

I still wouldn’t say that this is especially a “standout” song in any way, but one that covers all its bases well and has very little about it I find unappealing. It’s just a very enjoyable listen. I can dig it. Another case where I’m ping-ponging between two scores so I’ll just give you the higher one, sure.

8.25/10

#2: 425: Spock’s Beard – Thoughts

First Impressions:
I found myself able to predict some of the repeating melodies in the intro after hearing the first bar of the phrase, which isn’t exactly the greatest thing for something that’s trying to be unpredictable prog, but it’s not like I see most of it coming anyways. I can see where you’re coming from with the weirdness, between the noises in the intro and the a cappella-feeling vocal bits. Beyond that though it’s a fairly standard prog rock type of affair with a dark mood going through it. It’s actually an interesting contrast between the bright instrumentation and the darker vibes here, and the instrumentation itself is solidly interesting on its own too. It definitely feels like you’ve really stepped up your game after the past two rounds, at the very least.

Final Thoughts:
Out of all the songs in this roulette so far, this is probably the most memorable and the catchiest. Obviously that’s not a bad thing in and of itself, but if what’s catchy is something annoying or unpleasant then it can make a mediocre song awful. That’s an effect a lot of pop has, it’s bad but also catchy and thus way worse than it should be.

I’m going off on a tangent for no real reason though because this song rules, actually. There’s just something about… the goofy synth sound and the melodies, contrasted with the dark feeling the song has as a whole. It turns something bouncy and playful into something really unsettling, like it’s mocking the singer in some way or another. I don’t know. It works, but I can’t explain quite why. And it’s maddeningly catchy, but in a good way.

I like how they have multiple singers and all of them are doing something, even if the backing singers don’t really sound all that great, the way they all play off each other and interact makes the vocals more interesting than they otherwise would’ve been. And I guess the lead singer is Morse? I don’t actually know but I’d assume so. Whoever it is, they do a killer job selling the emotion of the song, both in the somber moments and the more intense moments, I dig their vocals especially. The only one who doesn’t really sound so great is whichever one is panned to the right speaker and starts out each phrase, I guess. Not a huge deal, doesn’t sound awful either.

Probably my favorite parts are the more straightforward and driving bits that bookend the song, that guitar line combined with that bass and those drums, it just all comes together in a really great way. Especially with how unhinged everything gets at the end of the track, drums and guitar both going off onto chaotic tangents. And the way every phrase ends with the brighter and jagged guitar line just to break things up and keep you on your toes. I dig it.

Honestly at some point this was my favorite song of the round, and I have no clue why I’ve never looked into these guys before considering I’ve known about them forever, but I probably will give them at least a listen or two following this.

8.5/10

Forgot Their Parachute

#8: Train of Naught: Projected Twin – You Threw the Stone

First Impressions:
It feels to me like the singer can’t really hit those long notes very well. They sound a bit off and a bit drab, not even the slightest vibrato on them. Right now I’m waiting for this to really kick into full gear and I’m worried it’s not actually going to do so at over halfway into the song. It builds up and finally does at almost 4 minutes in, which really does feel a bit too late. There’s not much about this that I find myself interested in, and with how long it takes to really get going that’s not a great sign. It’s just… a song that exists.

Final Thoughts:
I think my problem with the song kicking in so late was only a first listen problem. I was anticipating something that seemed like it didn’t want to happen, and by the time it did happen it didn’t feel satisfying. But having a better grasp of the song’s overall structure, it’s fine the way it is. Just a little offputting on first listen.

What has not improved is the vocals, unfortunately. The singer does most of the notes just fine, but he absolutely cannot sustain those long ones. There’s no vibrato on them and they always end up veering slightly flat. It’s weird especially because there’s light vibrato on some of the shorter ones? But the end result is that the long notes just sound grating once they’ve gone on for two or three seconds. I really can’t get past that.

Musically, it’s certainly solid. It’s again mixed nicely, everything comes through pretty clear. The bass doesn’t really do much more than double the guitar a lot of the time but it’s audible enough to hold its own weight. The drums are all-around pretty solid, they help with the build later in the track and there’s some neat stuff during the climax. The guitar lines I do like, the very dreamy main guitar melody that goes on through a lot of the song, and the riff at the end is actually quite strong, I dig it. And there’s even horns that creep in around 1:30 for a little bit, it’s a nice touch.

I would definitely say that on the whole this song did grow on me, and I don’t really think anything about it got worse; the vocals I wasn’t much a fan of at all on first listen but by my final listen I was only really bothered by the long notes, and even then not as bothered. But bothered nonetheless. It’s just a bit too much to get past. As well, it’s not like the song is anything particularly fresh or unique, just a solid song for the most part with a bit of an issue regarding the vocals. But it’s hard to be too harsh on it, it’s still an enjoyable track, just a bit flawed.

7/10

#7: Sacul: Nils Frahm – More

First Impressions:
“Zantera / Sacul Music” this definitely is. About half this song is holding on the muted sound created by that weird recording technique you mentioned, there’s a twinkly feel to it. But also a kind of stunted one. I’m not sure I like how wooden it makes everything sound – literally wooden, I mean. The back half has a more standard sound to it and inevitably a sound I like a lot more, it’s very spacey and ethereal. This song is destined to stand out from the rest of the songs this round by sheer virtue of not being rock or metal, as well. I’m not sure I’m a huge fan but it’s certainly pleasant to listen to, and easy to listen to as well.

Final Thoughts:
Honestly, I’m having trouble finding much to say about this. It’s calming, relaxing music. Music to zone out to, music I’d honestly enjoy more in the background than as the main attraction. But when you sit me down and force me to focus on it, all that ends up happening is that my mind starts to wander while I’m listening to it. And while I generally would say that I do indeed like this I can’t say I feel too strongly about it. I’d rather be listening to Hammock. I always want to be listening to Hammock, though, so maybe that’s a bit unfair.

The first half of the song is basically just one idea played for four and a half minutes. It evolves slightly and in subtle ways, with new layers of texture coming in and out, but I can never really say it noticeably changes or moves forward in any real way. I’ve warmed up to the sound, I think it does add a nice layer of texture to the whole thing and that the first half wouldn’t be as interesting as it is without it, so yeah, I guess it works in that regard. I guess though, the pacing is just too fast for me to really find this that calming, but it’s certainly pleasant.

At about the halfway point the song cuts out for some melancholic piano. I like this part. It doesn’t go on for too long and it’s a nice melody. The piano sounds a lot more full and organic here too, which is definitely a sound I appreciate. My favorite phase of the song though is probably the ambient last few minutes, with a gorgeous, thick soundscape and some gentle piano going on under it. That’s a sound that I really find I like. It’s relaxing.

I do find this pleasant to listen to, obviously, but it just doesn’t really stand out in any way. The recording gimmick is kind of neat and unique, but the sound it creates isn’t really that new, just a bit different than what you’d expect a piano track to sound like. It’s hard for me to really “love” this, though I definitely at least “like” it. And it’s probably something I’ll put on in the background at least a few more times in the future.

7.25/10
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 02:13:40 PM by Parama »

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #428 on: August 13, 2016, 02:08:57 PM »
Soaring Like An Eagle

#1: Scorpion: Wilderun – The Garden of Fire

First Impressions:
Ahh, this is definitely the kind of growls I’m just never really a fan of. They sound really… forced is the only way I’ve ever been able to describe them. But then everything about this is pretty cool so far. The strings are a nice touch, the riffs have a lot of power and energy to them, the drumming is pretty solid. I’m not so sure this song can sustain its length, though. Halfway in and my attention’s starting to waver. And then the song goes and turns folky for a moment just to yell “hey! pay attention!” at me I guess. I feel like they should’ve played up the folky elements of this a bit more, they seem a bit too downplayed throughout most of this. Yeah, maybe I’ll warm up to this on relistens because it’s still pretty cool, but I am definitely not feeling a full 9 and a half minutes of this yet.

Final Thoughts:
Okay, that intro is just dang cool, first and foremost. A cool drum fill followed up by this intense and grand sound, intense drums and guitar with strings providing a strong melody, every phrase ending with a pause to keep the song hitting you over and over again each time it starts back up. It works really well.

There’s a lot of moments to this song, and they just… work, in a very nondescript way. The groovy heavy riff of the early verses, it just works. The moment when clean vocals kick in over a nicely-textured backdrop, it works. The burst of intensity that follows immediately after, it contrasts nicely and just plain works. It’s hard to really talk about stuff like this in a meaningful way other than that I like it.

And now that I’m more familiar with the track, I don’t really find it that samey at all; if anything, it’s a pretty diverse song that goes in a lot of different places while still reusing what it does reuse in an interesting way. The folky breakdown in the middle, it reprises the string melody from the very start, and that melody is weaved through the next heavy bits of the song too.

Probably the passage at 5:15 or so onwards is my favorite moment, some really pretty strings mixed with intense guitar and the folky plucking going on in the background, it’s a really gorgeous moment. There’s actually a lot more folky moments than I originally noticed, they’re just downplayed a lot and not usually the center of attention; the plucked instrument they use here is present in quite a few places in the background. What instrument is it anyways, I kind of want to know but I have no clue. And when the purely folk moments do pop up, the song is sure to continue their melodies into the more explicitly metal moments of the song, everything just ends up having a great flow to it.

The end result of this all is that the song just has a ton of power and a real epic sound to it, there’s a sense of progression throughout and there’s almost always something new and interesting happening every 30 seconds or so. I don’t think any of my complaints in my first impressions writeup really hold up at all anymore. the only thing I can really fault here is that I don’t think I have the time to listen to this enough to really take it all in.

8.75/10

Train and Sacul are out, everyone else gets to send 2 songs for Round 4! Just make sure to adhere to the length limits.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Re: Parama's Spontaneous Roulette v1.5 (ROUND 3 RESULTS)
« Reply #429 on: August 13, 2016, 02:15:06 PM »
haha ok now post the real results

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #430 on: August 13, 2016, 02:16:20 PM »
the real results are your results, post them

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #431 on: August 13, 2016, 02:21:49 PM »
Yes, I'm not out yet.
Don't know to try to send the best and the worst song or the two worst songs :corn
Seriously, I probably won't send soon, I'm not home.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #432 on: August 13, 2016, 02:22:05 PM »
:soon:

I understand your complaints about the vocals, I personally love it because it sounds so overly dramatic. I'm not an expert on vocal techniques but I guess it's personal preference, though I wish he would make more use of vibrato on the long notes yeah, I would dig that.

Guess I won't be sending my punishment entry for losing the bet against Evermind then. It was going to be Mary Fields - Kim Jong Was Ill and would surely get me kicked but I just now noticed that it was going to be a 2-song round anyway. The guitarist in the striped shirt is all kinds of awesome though.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #433 on: August 13, 2016, 02:39:43 PM »
Wow, I mean... I'm still in? :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #434 on: August 13, 2016, 02:48:26 PM »
i almost cut you in favor of sacul but listening to both songs i determined i liked yours just a bit more

Offline 425

« Reply #435 on: August 13, 2016, 03:07:09 PM »
Wow, my strategy actually worked? Parama liked my song? Insane.

Yeah, I also like that it's kind of quirky but also has a darker edge. And Neal Morse is indeed the lead singer on that track. I haven't fully explored Spock's Beard yet, but I know that the first six are the ones with Neal on them. Their debut, The Light, is really quirky and has a lot of different styles kind of thrown in together (which works surprisingly well on the title track of that one), and then starting with Beware of Darkness they started moving in more of a normal prog direction as near as I can tell (I only have their first three).

And now, wow, I have to send two songs? Let's see how things go with this new challenge.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #436 on: August 13, 2016, 08:15:41 PM »
 :sadpanda:

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #437 on: August 13, 2016, 10:11:33 PM »
Wow, I mean... I'm still in? :lol
What's going on

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #438 on: August 13, 2016, 10:24:28 PM »
it's basically an episode of the twilight zone at this point
only two people from my original roulette are left now, i just noticed

dang

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #439 on: August 14, 2016, 01:53:43 AM »
Sent my last round.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #440 on: August 14, 2016, 05:57:19 AM »
I don't remember if you mentioned it (and it isn't in the rules post) but are these two songs supposed to be from the same artist or not?

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #441 on: August 14, 2016, 09:38:49 AM »
They don't have to be related songs in any way.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #442 on: August 14, 2016, 09:51:56 AM »
I will send tomorrow. I really didn't expect to make it to this round so I didn't have songs prepared. :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #443 on: August 14, 2016, 09:45:34 PM »
only have one person's songs atm, no real rush but i'd like to have everything by tomorrow evening or tuesday at the absolute latest

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #444 on: August 14, 2016, 10:25:11 PM »
Sent. I'm definitely out this time, I've pushed the envelope too far.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #445 on: August 15, 2016, 11:40:00 AM »
1.   The player who sends the worst overall song.
2.   The player whose higher-ranking song scores the worst.
3.   If these are both the same person, the player who sent the second worst higher-ranking song will be eliminated.

I just love how Parama predicted my result in this round in the very first post! :lol

Sending in a few minutes.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #446 on: August 15, 2016, 11:42:49 AM »
You're predicting your elimination since round 1. I don't believe you. 

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #447 on: August 15, 2016, 11:51:47 AM »
To be honest, I just wanted to get into Round 4 so I could send two power metal songs instead of one. I'm definitely going out this time.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #448 on: August 15, 2016, 11:54:23 AM »
I'm the least confident about this round tbh. But you never know.

Offline 425

« Reply #449 on: August 15, 2016, 12:10:26 PM »
Went ahead and sent my two best songs that aren't banned and aren't things that I'm 80% sure Parama won't like.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #450 on: August 15, 2016, 03:33:23 PM »
I’m almost wondering if the song’s length works in its favor to some extent, as it’d be exponentially more repetitive if it were twice as long and I’d probably get tired of it, but at under 3 minutes it’s kept concise and relistenable, even if I’m slightly bothered by the lyrics.

I also think the short length works in it's favor, I can't really imagine this song being longer without getting boringish, eventhough I can't get enough of the "epic" part.

And is apparently djent, according to Evermind.
:o

I'll send tomorrow morning, sorry for the delay
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #451 on: August 15, 2016, 03:49:08 PM »
oh man yeah you probably don't know the injoke of evermind and what he thinks djent is  :corn

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #452 on: August 15, 2016, 08:52:23 PM »
oh and if home sends me something before i sleep tonight or if i have enough time to listen tomorrow morning then i'll have some juicy first impressions and hangmanen for you all

EDIT: ok didn't get around to listening to two of the songs i already have anyways so impressions and hangmanen will be tuesday night sorry  :lol
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 01:23:35 AM by Parama »

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #453 on: August 16, 2016, 05:32:48 AM »
oh man yeah you probably don't know the injoke of evermind and what he thinks djent is  :corn
Nope, but I am curious now...

Sent two instrumental songs  :hat
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #454 on: August 16, 2016, 05:37:10 AM »
Tyrias: Biffy Clyro – Stingin’ Belle

First thought: this is damn heavy. This riff is so pounding, and I guess it’s djenty too? I don’t actually know how exactly djent sounds, but if I hear the weird riff and dislike it, I assume it’s djent, sorry.

3/10