Author Topic: The festival thread v.The Train Of Naught Festival  (Read 2818 times)

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Re: The festival thread v.Wacken
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2016, 06:31:48 AM »
Yea, along with Corrosion of Conformity, Shining, Myrath, Vektor, Behemoth and Unearth. Plus plenty of other bands I'd like to check out. I wish I hadn't left it so late as it turns out a few people I know are going and it's a relatively cheap festival!! Fingers crossed.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2016, 06:20:34 AM »
Reviving this thread.

I just got tickets for Fortarock 2017. Usually its a 2-day open air festival in Nijmegen but this year they didnt have the money for it so they changed it to a 1-day indoors festival.

They have only announced 3 bands so far but they were awesome enough to carry me over, none other than: Periphery, The Contortionist and Destrage :metal so pscyhed for this, tickets were only 25 euros.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2018, 12:46:34 PM »
So I'm organizing a mini-festival "Sonorous Fest" (6-7 bands) on the 23rd of June in Baroeg @ Rotterdam with 3 other mates. Genre mostly revolves around metalcore/hardcore and we'll be revealing more info soon through these platforms, probably not the type of music the dutch fellows over here are interested in but just thought I'd let you know.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2018, 01:43:37 PM »
I'm going to 2 festivals this year.  RoSfest in May and ProgStock in October.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2018, 02:02:14 PM »
So I'm organizing a mini-festival "Sonorous Fest" (6-7 bands) on the 23rd of June in Baroeg @ Rotterdam with 3 other mates. Genre mostly revolves around metalcore/hardcore and we'll be revealing more info soon through these platforms, probably not the type of music the dutch fellows over here are interested in but just thought I'd let you know.

That's really cool and sounds like a fun experience. 

I'm going to ProgPower USA this year.  I'm not sure I am really into festivals personally, but having been to ProgPower before, they do it right.  Every band gets a full set, you can leave and re-enter the venue, sit anywhere you want, and pretty much just enjoy yourself without worrying about tough security all while in a small/medium sized intimate venue.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2018, 02:48:13 PM »
Pinkpop:

Acts I will definitely see: Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Bruno Mars, Nothing But Thieves, A Perfect Circle, Greta Van Fleet, Triggerfinger, The Offspring.

I have never seen any of these acts and some are quite new but promising (Nothing But Thieves and Greta Van Fleet).

What I like about Pinkpop is that the festival isn't really tied to any genre. Last year I saw artists such as Clean Bandit and Imagine Dragons, whom I wouldn't buy tickets for in a million years, and I really enjoyed seeing them. Some pop artists are a real bore on the radio but aces live. This is why I like going to more pop-orientated festivals; all the acts in the genres that I love I will more likely go to on their own respective tours.

Not my jam unfortunately, but I hope it will be a succes!

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2018, 12:51:48 AM »
I figured :lol
That's really cool and sounds like a fun experience. 
Thanks guys, I might update this thread after the fact.

Nice one on Pinkpop. The acts I'm not interested in always heavily outweigh the ones that I am interested in, like on your list the only ones that are worth seeing for me are Nothing But Thieves and Greta van Fleet and maaybe A Perfect Circle. I like the diversity, but for me Dour is the superior festival within reasonable reach that I consider to cover a shitload of genres. Albeit smaller names for the most part, that's actually where I discovered Gojira :lol and I came to see drum 'n bass DJs.

I am considering going to ArcTanGent in Bristol this summer, depends a bit on whether luke would be so amazing to give me a ride, because the travel tickets and shuttle buses cost a shitload of money.

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2018, 02:49:46 AM »
I saw your mini festival thingy on Facebook dude, looks good (as does your Jesus pose photo :lol )

I still don't know if I'm going to go to ArcTangent yet, but if I do I'll definitely sort you out with a lift  :tup

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2018, 06:55:26 AM »
You sure about it? Awesome! We'll finally meet up then :metal

Yeah man, love my jesus pic

EDIT: Nice title dude :corn
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 07:17:29 AM by Train of Naught »