Author Topic: Sooo, there is a guy doxxing DTF users on his blog...  (Read 17958 times)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Sooo, there is a guy doxxing DTF users on his blog...
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2016, 05:49:10 PM »
I'm not sure how to feel about the fact that I'm only mentioned in the context of "and he's Jewish!" 

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2016, 06:17:59 PM »
In his Ritalin-addled brain that's probably the most he can remember.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2016, 06:26:46 PM »
I'm not sure how to feel about the fact that I'm only mentioned in the context of "and he's Jewish!"

You're Jewish? I thought you were a vegetarian....

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2016, 06:29:34 PM »
Adam...Jewish?
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Adami

« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2016, 06:58:23 PM »
Adam...Jewish?

Dunno who Adam is, but Adami sure is. And vegetarian too! Insanity!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2016, 07:17:03 PM »

Mel Brooks would roll with it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Calvin6s

« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2016, 07:37:31 PM »
$10 says it's Calvin

Calvin?

Reported as personal attack (yet again).  $10 says there will be no action taken against Chino.  Which is funny considering it is the point the doxxer is making.

If there is action taken against Chino, you can collect my $10 from Chino as I take him up on his bet.

What?  No action taken? Shocker.   ::)

Chino, you can pay the $10 you owe me via the Official Trent Gardner Memorial Fund.

I don't agree with doxxer's method of posting personal info, but that doesn't negate that what little I perused from the blog in terms of the self-defeating DTF mod dynamic holds some merit.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2016, 07:52:58 PM »
Been busy in trial and didn't see this until just now.  Wow.  Poor guy really seems to be in a bad spot in his life if he needs to blog endlessly about a forum he apparently was either banned from or quit because he didn't like it (I can't really tell which, and haven't read enough of it to have picked up the clues if he actually says it somewhere). 

But I do have to give the guy credit for this one, though, which made me literally laugh out loud:

:rollin  I'm saving this one for sure. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2016, 08:08:02 PM »
I assume he wasn't banned himself, but a friend of his probably was.
You usually get banned for insulting users or breaking general speech rules, which would invalidate his points, so he maybe just stopped posting after being defeated in an argue with someone else from here.
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline Adami

« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2016, 08:09:08 PM »
You usually get banned for insulting users or breaking general speech rules, which would invalidate his points, so he maybe just stopped posting after being defeated in an argue with someone else from here.

Yes, but I would also venture to guess that most people who get banned for those reasons don't think they actually did anything worth being banned. You're thinking too logically.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2016, 08:12:34 PM »
Man the time people have is astounding. Amazing the displeasure for hef and bosk.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2016, 08:13:30 PM »
Could be.  I really don't get the need to throw a hissy over getting banned or slapped for breaking the rules, but some people just can't seem to help themselves.  I mean, the rules here basically come down to "try to be relatively nice to each other, try to be constructive and not insulting toward the band, and don't use the site for anything illegal."  Which should all be common sense and/or common courtesy anyway.  But this is one of the most easy-going online environments I have ever seen, so I don't get the disconnect a small minority of folks seem to have.  :dunno:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2016, 08:15:52 PM »
From what I've seen, unless you just create an account to insult people, the mods actually do warn you before taking any action.
Even Chris who started throwing shit against some received a warning, so it isn't like Bosk or Hef ban indiscriminately, and even then, you'd have to do/say something very very severe to go straight to permaban.
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2016, 08:20:26 PM »
Well, Bosk can be a jerk about stuff like that.  But I have found Hef to be pretty fair.  And I hear he can be bribed with cheap cigars, so there's that.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2016, 08:45:15 PM »
Well, Bosk can be a jerk about stuff like that.  But I have found Hef to be pretty fair.  And I hear he can be bribed with top quality cuban cigars, so there's that.

Fix'd

(always looking out for ya Hef  :tup )

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2016, 08:46:20 PM »
Well, Bosk can be a jerk about stuff like that.  But I have found Hef to be pretty fair.  And I hear he can be bribed with cheap cigars, so there's that.

Stop it Wade Boggs, with the 3rd person.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2016, 09:26:07 PM »
Actually, they've been laughing about this at 62.5% for a while now.  Most of them even think it's pretty pointless.

Whilst the other 37.5 think it's merely "stupid".

Converting fractions to percentages and back

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2016, 09:32:25 PM »
I've never seen bosk before, the person in these videos is a bit different from what I envision when I read a bosk post, which is Jack McCoy from L&O..
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2016, 09:35:13 PM »
 :lol

Offline Skeever

« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2016, 10:35:20 PM »
Disturbing find but being reminded of this hilarious trainwreck of an AMA almost makes with worthwhile.

https://www.reddit.com/comments/qbrb9/i_am_charlie_dominici_singer_for_progressive/

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2016, 11:35:17 PM »
Wait Ralf, where the hell did you do DT karaoke?!
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2016, 02:58:08 AM »
Then again, his "points" include a helpful explanation that he's a really nice person, before filling his blog with really quite personal and slightly disturbing attacks on a handful of individuals. So I'm not sure his judgement is altogether trustworthy.

Aside from the creepy and legally questionable personal material, the blog (or at least its existence) is pretty funny.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2016, 04:54:42 AM »
The blog seems fairly harmless, but again, I'm not one of the people targeted. I guess it sucks to see someone else hate you or attack you, but the blog really does come off as the ravings of a mad man, I seriously doubt anyone would take it seriously even if they somehow stumbled upon it by googling.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2016, 05:21:05 AM »
If discovered, I would force the guy not to take down the blog, but on the contrary to further spread the word... but in person.

Have him go to dozen of people, explain "There's a forum about Dream Theater where people posting suck because reasons".

Have him go through the headache of explaining

- Which band is Dream Theater
- What is prog metal or even prog
- What is a forum, in this age of everyone posting on FB groups and other social media
- Tell that dude X and dude Y "are liars... they post bad stuff.. whatever"

I would like to see how many of these approaches and how many blank stares from people would take him to figure out how absolutely trivial his feud is, and how the real world - the one where the people he criticizes supposedly don't live in - doesn't just care about what he rants.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 05:28:37 AM by MirrorMask »
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2016, 06:05:10 AM »
I was really hoping we would have seen a post about this thread by now :(

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2016, 06:22:02 AM »
I was really hoping we would have seen a post about this thread by now :(

me too

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2016, 07:03:00 AM »
It's obviously Chris Collins.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2016, 08:59:51 AM »

In a bar's basement in Prague. The guy I was with, we sang 24 (!!) songs altogether, and when I saw that the organizer had Dream Theater, I thought "I can't sing anymore at this point, but I got a microphone and alcohol, so what the fuck".

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2016, 09:04:54 AM »

In a bar's basement in Prague. The guy I was with, we sang 24 (!!) songs altogether, and when I saw that the organizer had Dream Theater, I thought "I can't sing anymore at this point, but I got a microphone and alcohol, so what the fuck".

So you just decided "let's JLB 2002 this shit!"
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2016, 09:38:43 AM »
 :rollin :rollin

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2016, 11:31:44 AM »
I'm curious. How did we piss off Chris Collins, Charlie, etc?

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2016, 11:38:34 AM »

Stop it Wade Boggs, with the 3rd person.  :lol

George is getting upset...

Talking about Hef's father in that manner was quite a way below the belt IMO... and he got into some fairly personal stuff for Bosk too.  He must have a membership to one of those fact-checking-search-legal-records sites.  It's funny (in a way)... but disturbing at the same time.  This is one of the nicest online communities I've ever been a part of... I've never even read the rules.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2016, 11:47:41 AM »
This is one of the nicest online communities I've ever been a part of... I've never even read the rules.

Well, the rules were written by a lawyer so they're super ambiguous and will be used against you if you piss off our nazi awesome and fantastic mods.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2016, 11:50:46 AM »
This is one of the nicest online communities I've ever been a part of... I've never even read the rules.

Well, the rules were written by a lawyer so they're super ambiguous and will be used against you if you piss off our nazi awesome and fantastic mods.

Ambiguity works in our favor.  ;)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2016, 12:21:22 PM »

I know that was a joke, but that's one point I didn't understand at all from this guys rants.  The mods here have always seemed pretty cool and I've seen them get on regular posters and new posters all the same.  I can only say they show some bias towards DT in  a very favorable way, but that's expected on a DT fan site.   I can't recall how many times I've disagreed with Hef in PR forum or Bosk in DT forum, but I don't think I've ever once got a warning.  It's all about respect, something this person clearly has none of.