Author Topic: Steve Vai playing the entire Passion and Warfare album on tour  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Jester

Re: Steve Vai playing the entire Passion and Warfare album on tour
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2016, 07:21:00 AM »
I've been to a few Vai concerts, but the best was his VAI Sex and Religion tour with Devin Townsend on vocals/guitar.  Relatively small club (The Palace in Hollywood) front row right up at the barricade.  Just amazing watching him that close where he had another band member that probably pushed his own showmanship up another notch.  So close I could easily read the name of his guitars.  The only way to describe it was his guitar was like a dancing partner.  The fluidity between playing and his guitar moving all over the place was otherworldly.  Can't recall which P&W songs he played that night, but it is safe to say For the Love of God was one of them.

If you haven't seen this dude live and love guitar heroes, don't hesitate to buy tickets.  Vai isn't even my favorite guitarist, but he was that night.
Political discussion post-election = pointless.
Nothing like getting a lecture on “what is and will happen” from the same people that just went 0 for 100 at bat during the election cycle.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2016, 01:40:59 PM »
I've been to a few Vai concerts, but the best was his VAI Sex and Religion tour with Devin Townsend on vocals/guitar.  Relatively small club (The Palace in Hollywood) front row right up at the barricade.  Just amazing watching him that close where he had another band member that probably pushed his own showmanship up another notch.  So close I could easily read the name of his guitars.  The only way to describe it was his guitar was like a dancing partner.  The fluidity between playing and his guitar moving all over the place was otherworldly.  Can't recall which P&W songs he played that night, but it is safe to say For the Love of God was one of them.

If you haven't seen this dude live and love guitar heroes, don't hesitate to buy tickets.  Vai isn't even my favorite guitarist, but he was that night.

Totally agree with you there. I also saw  him on the S&R tour and he was mindblowing (but so was Devin Townsend). This guy has such a sexy way (for lack of a better term) to play the guitar.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2016, 10:04:29 PM »
Nice set.

Wish he included some Real Illusions songs though.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2016, 10:27:47 PM »
I would watch that, but he has to come a lot closer than upstate NY.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."