Author Topic: Every day events that make you sing Dream Theater lyrics  (Read 4057 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: Every day events that make you sing Dream Theater lyrics
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2016, 05:16:15 AM »
Everytime I masturbate until cum, I sing Disappear chorus.

WUT?? Aren't you the dude who started the "Swearing On DTF Thread?"

Way TMI.

No kidding!

All of you repressed types have bleeding ears because he talked about masturbating, but I'm more concerned about the fact that it's an extremely depressing song. How the fuck can you manage a hard-on when I'm trying not to slit my damn wrists??  :lol

Offline CoT67

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2016, 06:47:49 AM »
Everytime somebody gives me a lift.

GET INTO MY CAAAHR!
LET'S GO FOR A DRIVE!
ALONG THE WAY, I'LL BE YOUR GUIDE
JUST STEP INSIDE!

Man, CoT has truly the silliest DT lyrics ever.
People in Tuscany are never going to lure you into their wine cellars and drown you in wine barrels, you know.
Or that’s what they’ll make you think.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2016, 09:59:50 AM »
Still, I wouldn't mind a short movie about it. Shot on location of course. It could be a school project of something, a little story of someone meeting this weird count and joining him on a visit and getting scared.

The only problem is that while the resolution in the song is powerful and musically gorgeous, on screen it would be kinda flat, like "Oh please don't kill me" "Uh, no I won't... d'uh".
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2016, 10:13:25 AM »
Everytime I masturbate until cum, I sing Disappear chorus.

WUT?? Aren't you the dude who started the "Swearing On DTF Thread?"

Way TMI.

No kidding!

All of you repressed types have bleeding ears because he talked about masturbating, but I'm more concerned about the fact that it's an extremely depressing song. How the fuck can you manage a hard-on when I'm trying not to slit my damn wrists??  :lol

Comment of the thread.  :rollin
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline CoT67

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2016, 03:12:02 AM »
Still, I wouldn't mind a short movie about it. Shot on location of course. It could be a school project of something, a little story of someone meeting this weird count and joining him on a visit and getting scared.

The only problem is that while the resolution in the song is powerful and musically gorgeous, on screen it would be kinda flat, like "Oh please don't kill me" "Uh, no I won't... d'uh".

Well, my hometown is not very far from their "picturesque estate"... but I guess they only allow paid guided visits and I highly doubt they would allow filming that doesn't involve lots of time spent advertising their wines.

As for the characters, they seem to be creepy enough of their own  :biggrin: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sDzu_YWcRdc

People in Tuscany are never going to lure you into their wine cellars and drown you in wine barrels, you know.
Or that’s what they’ll make you think.

Offline ytsejam58

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2016, 06:47:33 PM »
Whenever good friends are saying goodbye to each other, all I can think about is "We'll meet again my friend someday soooooon!"
Hmm. other than that... Christmas I started singing "Six OClock on a Christmas Morning"
For some reason Solitary Shell goes through my mind whenever I'm at work.

Offline Ruby Inferno

• Trapped in my phobia, possessed by anxiety
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2016, 05:27:23 PM »
If someone was about to kill me, and they asked "any last words?", I'd probably say "no, but I have some last images"

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2016, 07:26:26 AM »
All the time with Astonishing.

And The 12 step suite. "I tried forcing with all of my will, but still, the door wouldn't open."
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2016, 12:18:40 PM »
Not to go off the beaten path, but I can't help but think of the Rush song Xanadu whenever I eat honeydew.  "For I have dined on honeydew" . lol
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
  • Death is only the beginning......
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2016, 08:31:32 PM »
"I gave you my hand, I said it's okay letting go time to leave here. And I'll carry on, The best that I can without you here beside me...."
"Suicide sometimes proceeds from cowardice, but not always; for cowardice sometimes prevents it; since as many live because they are afraid to die, as die because they are afraid to live."
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline shredd

• Always Awake
  • ROCK ON!
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2016, 07:42:25 AM »
"I gave you my hand, I said it's okay letting go time to leave here. And I'll carry on, The best that I can without you here beside me...."

And....just wondering what the situation that makes you sing that is?
We move in circles - Balanced all the while - On a gleaming razor's edge
A perfect sphere - Colliding with our fate - This story ends where it began

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
  • Death is only the beginning......
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2016, 05:31:26 PM »
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=48211.0

Hope this answers your question. I couldn't bring myself to tell it.
"Suicide sometimes proceeds from cowardice, but not always; for cowardice sometimes prevents it; since as many live because they are afraid to die, as die because they are afraid to live."
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2016, 08:25:32 AM »
With a couple of horrible ex-supervisors (or a supervisor's supervisor)....

Handing in a perfect report that took days, only to find out that they want something changed at the last minute; being handed a 30 minute task ten minutes before quitting time, when it has sat on their desk for a couple of days; getting zero acknowledgement because 'it's expected of you', not knowing the hoops you had to jump through....etc, etc, etc.....

'I can only take so much of your ungrateful ways
Everything is never enough'
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Evai

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2016, 01:09:51 PM »
Them: So when should we have the party?

Me: It can only take place, when the struggle between our children has ended

Them: So... Tuesday?
Jordan took Moore's boring, pedestrian parts and elevated them considerably to take them from barely palatable to stellar.