Author Topic: Images and Words - Photo Project  (Read 927 times)

Offline phi

Images and Words - Photo Project
« on: July 07, 2016, 03:29:03 PM »
Hello, DT Forums users!

This is my first post here, but I'm a Dream Theater fan for a while now. I've been into concerts, meet & greet, aftershow meeting and I'm a member of Dream Theater - YtseBR fan club (the brazilian FC). We had a forum, but it's deactivated now. So I'm familiar with the platform.

As my first post here, I'd like to invite you to participate in a project I'm launching now. If we gather some interested in this, I think it would be fun and interesting. It's a photo project related to Dream Theater songs. As a tribute to the band and a form of expression to our feelings to the music.

If you like photos and Dream Theater, you're invited to join this! Don't need to be a professional photographer - I'm not professional photographer, but an enthusiastic.  :biggrin:

Here's the deal: represent the lyrics of Dream Theater through photos.

We all have feelings listening to music, and the idea is to "translate" this in photos. I'll post the result on Instagram (@imagesandwordsproject). As today is the 24th anniversary of I&W album realease, it's a great day to start it!  :D

This project will work as follows:
1. I'll make a mailing list with all photographers interested.
2. As the song is selected, I'll send a briefing for each lyric part with a deadline to apply your photo.
3. The best photo I'll be selected and uploaded to the Images and Words Project instagram with the lyric part and copyrights to the author.
4. As we finish a song, we select other and restart the cycle.

So, I guess we'll be able to find a couple of photographers interested...? Just post here or send an email to imagesandwordsproject@gmail.com.

It's a fan to fan project, so any suggestions are welcome. Maybe lyric videos, photo books, exhibitions and who knows what else could appear from this project in the future.

Sorry for any english mistakes.

See you!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Images and Words - Photo Project
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 07:58:46 AM »
It's not really my kind of thing, but it sounds interesting.  Good luck!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline phi

Re: Images and Words - Photo Project
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 04:21:28 PM »
Just updating. We have a logo!  :yarr
And instagram account is active. Follow us!

Looking for photographes.  :tup