Author Topic: I haven't been on in a long while.  (Read 1082 times)

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Call me Dani. I have grown to hate this username.
I haven't been on in a long while.
« on: June 29, 2016, 11:06:47 AM »
So, I had some personal issues, I haven't really been going on forums too much because I've found it difficult taking to people online. I won't bore you with the details, but I think I'm actually ready to start talking to people again.

To actually give this thread a point, I haven't really listened to The Astonishing, what are some highlights of the album?

Offline BelichickFan

Re: I haven't been on in a long while.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 11:43:36 AM »
To actually give this thread a point, I haven't really listened to The Astonishing, what are some highlights of the album?

The whole thing is a highlight for me but if I had to pick one run of tracks I would probably take Brother Can You Hear Me through Chosen.

On the second disc (although I really consider it all one), the run from Losing Faythe to the end is very strong.  Though not particularly progressive.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 12:07:06 PM »
So, I had some personal issues, I haven't really been going on forums too much because I've found it difficult taking to people online. I won't bore you with the details, but I think I'm actually ready to start talking to people again.

All of Disc 1, with the highlights being 2, the run of tracks 4-10, 14, 15 and 19.

On Disc 2, tracks 2, 5 and 12 seem to be by far the most popular.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 01:19:31 PM »
There is too much.  You really just need to listen to it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline energythief

• Chubby Chaser
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 02:22:32 PM »
It's a really different album. I've been trying hard to get into it and a few tracks are starting to "click". Specifically I'm digging Lord Nafaryus, Savior in the Square and A Life Left Behind. The rest isn't really making the cut for me yet, but YMMV. :)

Glad your life is getting back in order.

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 02:55:45 PM »
Thanks guys! I've got a 4 hour bus journey and 4 hour plane ride tomorrow so I'm ripping the FLACs of the album from my CD. I'll probably have a listen to all of it. I just had a quick listen to Lord Nafaryus and I'm very very impressed. This is the first thing I've heard since The Gift Of Music, so... it's been a while  :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 03:05:14 PM »

Welcome Back !!! AND ON VLASTO DAY AS WELL !!!

:hug:

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 03:09:23 PM »
 :lol thanks, buddy. What a coincidence that I return on that of all days! :hug:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 03:20:47 PM »
:lol thanks, buddy. What a coincidence that I return on that of all days! :hug:

IT WAS MEN 2B