Author Topic: After saving it for 15 years, I lost my Live Scenes from NY ticket stub  (Read 1480 times)

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
 :facepalm:  :'( :'( :'( :facepalm: :'( :'( :'(

I kept it in a large volume of my encyclopedia (Volume M.  The first ticket stub I saved was from a Metallica concert, so M seemed appropriate, and its the largest one) since the show (August 2000).  A few months ago, I purchased the LSFNY DVD (I only had the VHS) and planned on putting the stub in the DVD jacket like I've done with Score and L@B (wasn't actually in Japan, but saw them on that tour in NY).  As I took it out to look at it, I told myself to just leave it where it is, and wait for the DVD to arrive.  Nope, I just had to play with it, and now i have no idea where it is.  I'm sure it is somewhere in my stuff, but it's anyone's guess where.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Cool story bro!  :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
I feel your pain, bro.  Hope you find it.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
That sucks, dude.  Hopefully you can find it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jasc15

I flipped through every other volume in the encyclopedia (World Book, 1989 Edition) as well as almost every other book in the bookcase to no avail.

Interesting, that show was closer to 1989 than to the present day...  Scenes can almost be considered early DT.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
  Nope, I just had to play with it, and now i have no idea where it is.   

I know where it is. It's in Volume S..for Stupidity! ;D

Nah, just kidding. It'll turn up. Where was the last place you um..played with it?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I saved every ticket stub in 2 picture books and in 2008, before I own a generator, we lost power for 5 days from an ice storm and our basement flooded 10 inches of water and I lost all those ticket stubs as well as pictures that my wife and I had from 1991 on.

Our sump pump would not work without electricity.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That blows, Joe. Basement flooding sucks.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I stopped saving tickets after that.  I was so bummed.  I get where jasc15 is coming from.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah, totally. I was anal about cataloging them in a scrapbook, but at one point during the nineties, I just started chucking them in an envelope.

One ticket stub I do regret not having was when I saw the Bruins played the Oilers in the '88 Finals. It was the night the lights went out.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I still cringe talking about that series.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I still cringe talking about that series.

I don't. They weren't in the Oilers class'. It's the 90's series that makes me cringe. Petr F'n Klima :censored

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I fell asleep right before the 3rd overtime.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I fell asleep right before the 3rd overtime.

Pussy! ;D

I remember being at the student center at college and they had the game on. Obviously we couldn't get NESN in the dorm room.
I watched to the end.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
jasc is going to come back to his thread and wonder WTF is going on! :lol

Offline jasc15

Certainly not the first thread to be derailed.  At least we aren't talking about Kevin Moore.

Dammit.

Online Sycsa

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
I used to keep movie ticket stubs.  Lord, what a collection I once had.

They are all gone now.   :(
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.