Author Topic: Ticketmaster Class Action Lawsuit  (Read 4663 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Ticketmaster Class Action Lawsuit
« on: June 21, 2016, 06:46:37 AM »
https://money.cnn.com/2016/06/19/news/companies/ticketmaster-free-tickets-lawsuit-settlement/

I'm honestly not sure how I didn't get anything out of this considering the massive amounts of tickets I've purchased from TM over the years, but I'd imagine there are lots of people here who will be getting the discounts and/or free tickets.

If you want to check, log into your TM account.  Click into Your Account and then click Active Vouchers.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Ticketmaster Class Action Lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 06:48:34 AM »
I set an alarm on my phone about 9 months ago to remember to check for this... I'm absolutely amazed I didn't get anything from it. I must have spent $1200 on tickets between 2009 and 2012.

*edit*

I stand corrected. When I checked for vouchers, I did so on my phone. Didn't see anything. Just checked on my PC and it looks like I got 6 free tickets and a bunch of $2.25 discounts.

I don't like the sound of this " Please be aware that due to limited availability, we expect these settlement ticket codes to be redeemed quickly". So does that mean if I don't act fast I could lose them?

*edit edit*

Looks like there's a set list of concerts that these free are eligible for... I didn't see a single CT show out of the 452 listed.... super lame
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 06:55:40 AM by Chino »

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 07:16:26 AM »
Prophets of Rage is an interesting proposition (though it's in Camden...so there's the added adventure of trying not to get shot).  The wife might be game for that.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 07:29:14 AM »
Prophets of Rage is an interesting proposition (though it's in Camden...so there's the added adventure of trying not to get shot).  The wife might be game for that.

There aren't many bands I'd travel to Camden to go see :lol

I checked the other night, a ton of $2.25 discounts but no free tickets :(
Photobucket sucks.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 08:03:59 AM »
I got 4 vouchers but nothing really catches my interest. Maybe Counting Crows and Rob Thomas, my gf is a big fan of them.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 08:32:51 AM »
Ten tickets and eleven vouchers.

And y'all know there's nothing preventing you from collecting free tickets and then selling them on Stubhub, right?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 09:09:41 AM »
Damn. The server is overloaded now. Dammit, I knew I should've copied those codes down first. I have 18 tickets and like 5 discounts.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 01:39:13 PM »
We have 36 free tickets, and 34 discount vouchers.......

I love this.  Let's say we went to our favorite steakhouse for years, and were overcharged every time we ordered filet mignon.  From the settlement, we don't get filet, but their choice of free Big Macs or Whoppers or veggie burgers or bologna sandwiches totaling 36.  Also, rather than getting the total amount under their vouchers' total for perhaps four free steaks, we would have to order 34 in order to get our full cash 'discount' or refund.  And there is no guarantee that steak would be offered.

Sounds fair  :tdwn
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 03:39:25 PM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 01:48:47 PM »
Woah, and I didn't buy tickets that often through them. I received 8 $2.25 discount vouchers and 8 pairs of tickets to select shows.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 02:09:00 PM »
I got ten pairs of tickets and a bunch of discounts, but there's not one show in Colorado. Sure, I suppose I could try to buy and sell some off, but obviously these shows are not too in demand :lol
I guess I'll keep checking.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 02:16:43 PM »
There's a reason why one of their nicknames is Ticketbastards.  :p
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2016, 03:58:56 PM »
I got ten pairs of tickets and a bunch of discounts, but there's not one show in Colorado. Sure, I suppose I could try to buy and sell some off, but obviously these shows are not too in demand :lol

Any shows in Connecticut on your list?  I've been talking to people, and I'm wondering if each person doesn't have a different list...

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2016, 04:53:31 PM »

Any shows in Connecticut on your list?  I've been talking to people, and I'm wondering if each person doesn't have a different list...
I think everybody gets the same list. There are criteria that they're looking for and not every city is going to fit the bill. GA tops the list and that's a pretty limiting factor.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 04:55:18 PM »
Dang, there's only like one tour of the summer that I'm looking intrigued at which is the Disturbed/Breaking Benjamin/Alter Bridge/Saint Astonia tour package and the closest show near me that these vouchers are eligible for that has that bill is Albuquerque, NM.  If the list mentioned Concord, CA, I may have considered heading north to see that show.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2016, 05:12:42 PM »

I think everybody gets the same list. There are criteria that they're looking for and not every city is going to fit the bill. GA tops the list and that's a pretty limiting factor.

I read the venue needs to be owned by live nation so that rules out many concerts off the bat and then obviously they will go for the concerts that aren't selling.  Pretty shitty for the consumer, but whatever.  Im still amazed that somehow I've gotten nothing and I can't even guess at how many tickets I've purchased on TM before.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2016, 06:03:28 PM »
It's stupid. It's giving me some reason that says "UPS ticket code" as to why my voucher code won't work. Ugh....Yeah, of course this was too good to be true.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 08:16:18 PM »
There aren't really good GA venues through ticketmaster in Phoenix.... oh and theyre during the 100+ summer temperatures at outdoor venues... =/ Sad that the smaller GA venue I love has its own ticketing service. I'm currently not interested in any of the tickets available and have a ton of vouchers. Good thing they're good for like 4 years or something?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2016, 05:52:32 AM »

There wasn't a single CT show out of the 400+ concerts I looked through.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2016, 05:55:23 AM »
Huh.  It's almost like TM/LN needed to fulfill the legal requirements of the settlement, but did it in such a way that much of that settlement would go unclaimed.  Weird.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2016, 06:17:04 AM »
Huh.  It's almost like TM/LN needed to fulfill the legal requirements of the settlement, but did it in such a way that much of that settlement would go unclaimed.  Weird.

Someone probably wrote a query to determine which shows sold the least amount of tickets, and then made the tickets redeemable only for those shows.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2016, 06:31:39 AM »
I'm going to see Periphery at Irving Plaza.   :metal

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2016, 06:40:13 AM »

Good point; there are three decent size places in CT and only one does GA as far as I know.   There are a ton of tix for the Cheap Trick Heart show, but here in CT that's playing the Oakdale which is not GA (that's where DT played this past leg of the tour).

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2016, 06:43:14 AM »
I'm going to see Periphery at Irving Plaza.   :metal

At least someone is benefitting from this  :metal

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2016, 06:45:27 AM »
The Queensryche show is listed, too. That goes on sale later this morning. I'm going to attempt to get those, too.

If you want to come to Periphery, let me know. I'll see if I can get a second ticket.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2016, 09:05:57 AM »
Despite most people being unable to actually access their site, they unloaded a shitload of tickets yesterday. Any show with any real resell value is off the list now. There's pretty much nothing but cover bands left. There's also a flood of cheap tickets now available on Stubhub. People dumping their free lawn seats for $10/ea.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2016, 11:46:29 AM »
Well I've got a shitload of $2.50 per tickets and free tickets for live nation.  I'll be using the discount Friday for Haken in Boston. Each ticket will be $12.50 so that's damn good.

I hate the Live nation BS.  It should scroll to your area.  Talk about trying to discourage someone and they will give up in frustration.  That's a joke the way they set it up.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2016, 12:38:30 PM »
Well I've got a shitload of $2.50 per tickets and free tickets for live nation.  I'll be using the discount Friday for Haken in Boston. Each ticket will be $12.50 so that's damn good.

I hate the Live nation BS.  It should scroll to your area.  Talk about trying to discourage someone and they will give up in frustration.  That's a joke the way they set it up.

Ha well why would a company want to make it easy for you to get free stuff from them?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2016, 12:41:04 PM »
Of course not and again it goes to the sleaziness of Ticketbastard.

They fuck you the first time, apologize for not calling in a week and then try to bang you again in the back of a McDonald's parking lot.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2016, 12:48:40 PM »

Ha well why would a company want to make it easy for you to get free stuff from them?

Because I go out of my way to avoid them as a company, and they just failed to bring me back due to the way they handled this.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2016, 02:26:12 PM »
So we're going to see GnR at Redskins Stadium on Sunday.  Get an email from TM saying "Secure your parking for FedEx Field!"  $40 parking pass that ends up being $52 after TM fees and such.  F*ckers.  So I call the FEF customer service number.  Get a message to LEAVE a message and they'll call back in 24 hours.  I did this twice with no return call.  Email them and finally get a number.  Call and ask "Can I just show up and pay the $40" to park?

She says I can show up and pay to park, but paying cash on the spot is $55 and the cash lot is the FURTHEST lot from the venue.  So the $40 pass doesn't actually exist.  In no universe can you actually pay $40 to park there.  So I'm actually going to have to get a $40 parking pass for $52 from TM.  Si damned stupid.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2016, 02:39:09 PM »
So we're going to see GnR at Redskins Stadium on Sunday.  Get an email from TM saying "Secure your parking for FedEx Field!"  $40 parking pass that ends up being $52 after TM fees and such.  F*ckers.  So I call the FEF customer service number.  Get a message to LEAVE a message and they'll call back in 24 hours.  I did this twice with no return call.  Email them and finally get a number.  Call and ask "Can I just show up and pay the $40" to park?

She says I can show up and pay to park, but paying cash on the spot is $55 and the cash lot is the FURTHEST lot from the venue.  So the $40 pass doesn't actually exist.  In no universe can you actually pay $40 to park there.  So I'm actually going to have to get a $40 parking pass for $52 from TM.  Si damned stupid.

Stubhub has those parking passes starting at $84.  That's insane.  I don't know that area or stadium, but an idea could be to take an uber instead of driving yourself.  I don't think I could stomach those prices just to park unless it was split between a full car of people.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2016, 02:48:46 PM »
DC has one of the best subway systems around and there's a station just under a mile from FedEX Field. I see the appeal to driving there, I'd need a lot of drugs and alcohol in me to sit through that show, but in that situation I'd just take a bottle and some other party supplies and buddy up to somebody already in the parking lot. No way I'd pay that much to park.

Down here $20 is pretty much the high end, save for Jerry-World, and we bitch mightily about that.
E.F. Benson

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2016, 03:30:52 PM »
Parking for NJ Devils games can be as much as the actual tickets sometimes :lol Thankfully there's easy public transportation putting you within a block or two of the arena.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2016, 03:32:33 PM »
Coz, I'm afraid to ask, but how much were the tickets for the show?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2016, 03:36:08 PM »
Parking for NJ Devils games can be as much as the actual tickets sometimes :lol Thankfully there's easy public transportation putting you within a block or two of the arena.

Which is usually around 9 dollars  :lol  I love ripping on my devil fan friends since you can so easily get cheap tickets for Devils games whereas I can only see the Rangers for cheap (relatively) if they play in NJ.

Actually Coz this reminded me, check out https://www.parkwhiz.com/ I used this to park at the last Devil's game I went to (against the Rangers) and paid only 9 bucks and the lot was really close to the arena.  Maybe there is a lot close by that you can use.