Author Topic: NBA thread 2016-17 v. The Age of The Land?  (Read 56956 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: NBA thread 2016-17 v. The Age of The Land?
« Reply #245 on: February 24, 2017, 06:10:38 PM »
Gotta give Draymond Green some props: he keeps coming up with new ways of, um, "accidentally" kicking other players.  :lol :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #246 on: February 24, 2017, 06:12:54 PM »
I would love someone to kicky him square in the nuts right to the infirmary.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #247 on: February 24, 2017, 06:14:55 PM »
I would love someone to kicky him square in the nuts right to the infirmary.  :lol

It's only a matter of time.  Remember Laimbeer in the 80s?  Even though I rooted for that Pistons team, he deserved Robert Parrish clocking him in the face.  While the rules of today are different to where you can't do that now (Parrish wasn't even ejected for that back then!), it is only a matter of time before someone "accidentally" hits Green somewhere he won't like.  And as dirty as Laimbeer was, at least he owned his behavior.  Green's constant "who, me?" routine is laughable and insult to people with two eyes.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #248 on: February 24, 2017, 06:18:03 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #249 on: February 24, 2017, 06:19:08 PM »
I don't even need Tim's gif.  I was at that game.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #250 on: February 24, 2017, 06:20:16 PM »
That's right. If you look at the gif closely, there's some dude with a mullet in a flowered shirt.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #251 on: February 24, 2017, 06:25:54 PM »
No way.  I was in my 3/4 sleeve press on Rush decal shirt.  :lol

I went to see BC vs. Georgetown when both were top 10 teams.  Patrick Ewing was a sophomore.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #252 on: February 24, 2017, 06:29:46 PM »
I had a Rush decal shirt. It was on a baseball style 3/4 sleeve shirt.

Oh wait, you already said that!  :facepalm:
 :lol

Mine was the Hemisheres guy and the star.

I also had a Highway To Hell decal shirt.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #253 on: February 24, 2017, 06:30:50 PM »
Don't forget your ELP Love Beach t-shirt.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #254 on: February 24, 2017, 06:33:02 PM »
Um.. I didn't have one of those. :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #255 on: February 24, 2017, 06:45:29 PM »
 :lol

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #256 on: February 24, 2017, 07:06:21 PM »
Off topic...  :biggrin:

I am watching the Lakers @ Thunder when typing this message. The LA crew did a prolonged interview with Magic. He definitely sounds like he know what he is doing, and I am feeling MUCH BETTER about him being in charge now.  :lol
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #257 on: February 24, 2017, 07:10:58 PM »
Dan Lebatard would disagree.  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #258 on: February 24, 2017, 07:17:31 PM »
Dan Lebetard is a douchebag. He makes Magic Johnson look like a genius.

BTW, how is Magic still alive?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #259 on: February 24, 2017, 07:30:41 PM »
That was sarcasm.   I hate the A-hole.

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #260 on: February 24, 2017, 07:53:10 PM »
BTW, how is Magic still alive?

He got lucky in a way, I think... his HIV virus got under control just in-time before it becomes a full blown AIDS, I guess?
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #261 on: February 25, 2017, 12:30:45 PM »
Lebatard is awful (like most ESPN personalities these days).

As for the Lakers, they have nowhere to go but up, so Magic has a pretty easy bar to clear as far as being a success.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #262 on: February 28, 2017, 09:06:10 AM »
Magic also had the money back then, and now, to afford the best medications. I am sure the pill box he no doubt carries with him is sizeable. Not saying that in a mean way. But he can afford to take care of himself.

As for his new gig, I think it was a fantastic hire. Magic has a keen sense of basketball talent and business. It wouldn't surprise me if he pulled a coup this summer on the scale of Shaq or Kobe back in the day, and got the Lakers back to winning ways next season.

Was glad to see my Wolves get a win last night (in person). Sloppy game, but dispatched the Kings (whose trade of Cousins is getting deadpanned, but I think it was very smart, after my initial WTF comment about it). The Wolves, I think, have realized they made a mistake signing Dieng to a big contract. I expect them to off load both him and Rubio this offseason. Rubio for sure. But Dieng...he is just a poor offensive player. They are better with Bjelica (not sure on spelling off hand) on the floor, as his jumper has to be respected out beyond the 3 pt line, and he can also get in and bang in the paint.

Wiggins and Towns are REALLY coming along. Both are going to be all stars next year. Towns for sure, Wiggins will likely deserve it, but may be on the outside looking in. Once Lavine gets healthy, those three...next year, wow. Going to be big. Tyus Jones is ready to start at PG, but it seems pretty clear Thibs is eyeing Dunn, after drafting him this past year. I think Dunn will be the starter, but Jones is going to be sixth man, and be a damn good one too. He has really come a long way.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #263 on: March 01, 2017, 05:42:35 AM »
Rumor is that Durant will be out for perhaps the rest of the regular season. I hope he's OK. Sadly, if he is out for the rest of the year, or even longer, it will actually make the NBA more interesting, because I don't think anyone else has a shot against a fully healthy Warriors squad. Again though, I'd rather Durant be alright and the season be boring than see the dude have to go through another tough injury.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #264 on: March 01, 2017, 07:33:18 AM »
Rumor is that Durant will be out for perhaps the rest of the regular season. I hope he's OK. Sadly, if he is out for the rest of the year, or even longer, it will actually make the NBA more interesting, because I don't think anyone else has a shot against a fully healthy Warriors squad. Again though, I'd rather Durant be alright and the season be boring than see the dude have to go through another tough injury.

It sucks and it is sad, I like KD... but hey, injury is part of the game, right? So if the Dubs want a title badly enough, they will figure it out somehow. Good luck to them.  :hat
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #265 on: March 01, 2017, 08:25:37 AM »
Last I heard earlier this morning, they didn't know if it would be the rest of the regular season or just a few weeks.  But he WILL be back for the playoffs.  I think it's actually worse news for the rest of the league.  Durant has already gelled with the rest of the team.  Forcing them to give their bench guys more play and experience only makes them better.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #266 on: March 01, 2017, 12:51:01 PM »
Last I heard earlier this morning, they didn't know if it would be the rest of the regular season or just a few weeks.  But he WILL be back for the playoffs.  I think it's actually worse news for the rest of the league.  Durant has already gelled with the rest of the team.  Forcing them to give their bench guys more play and experience only makes them better.

I could also see Steph returning to God status now that's he's got a little more responsibility and less apprehension about being super aggressive.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #267 on: March 01, 2017, 05:42:52 PM »
It's now quite possible that the Spurs could catch the Warriors and snag the 1 seed; they are only 3 games back in the loss column with 20+ to play.

And with Durant's health now in question, Cleveland should be a favorite to repeat. 

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #268 on: March 02, 2017, 03:43:50 PM »
The moves the Cavs made were huge. Sure, Boston beat them last night, but the Cavs, with Love back will be incredible. I think JR Smith sucks (just deal with it, he's horrible), but he's a sixth man who ain't afraid to put the rock up. I don't see anyone beating the Cavs in a series. PERHAPS Toronto, but Lowry needs to get healthy and have time to gel with the new pieces on that team.

Boston will be an interesting story. I've always loved Thomas. Love his attitude, love his game, which WISH he was on my Wolves. But when you have a guy who is listed at 5'9" (who is closer to 5'6") getting pummeled to the floor every night, it will take its toll eventually. Boston held off from doing anything, and that may bode well for next year, but it really screwed them for this year. I don't see them making it all the way.

Washington is good, but I still feel like they need to prove themselves. I just don't believe in them. But those four teams. Class of the East.

Not worried about the Warriors. Durant resting while rehabbing his injury is literally the nightmare of every team. He'll be fresh for the playoffs, and that is really scary. He'll probably get in a game or two before the playoffs, and then unleash hell on everyone.

I'm really hoping the Wolves can grind their way to the 8th seed. They'll get bounced, but it'd do wonders for the team to make it in. Can't wait to see what happens, and no matter what, next season is going to be huge if Lavine is back and healthy...and we get some frontcourt depth.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 08:02:42 AM by AnybodyListening.net »
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #269 on: March 02, 2017, 07:36:11 PM »
Boston will be an interesting story. I've always loved Thomas. Love his attitude, love his game, which he was on my Wolves. But when you have a guy who is listed at 5'9" (who is closer to 5'6") getting pummeled to the floor every night, it will take its toll eventually. Boston held off from doing anything, and that may bode well for next year, but it really screwed them for this year. I don't see them making it all the way.

The good news is that Avery Bradley returned from missing 20 or so games. Defensively, they are a different team with him on the floor.

The bad news is that their Bigs are way too soft..and overpaid. Amir Johnson is just OK, and while Kelly Olinyk can shoot, he's way too soft on the boards. Same goes for Tyler Zeller (@$8million) who SUCKS, as does Jerebko. Ibaka would've been perfect for them.

Ainge has his eye on the Opt Outs next summer. But other than Jae Crowder, their front court is very soft, and they will NOT make it out of the first round.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #270 on: March 02, 2017, 07:45:00 PM »
I don't have any confidence in them until they win a round in the playoffs.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #271 on: March 02, 2017, 07:54:04 PM »
It will not be this year, unless they draw someone like Indiana. They will not beat Washington, Toronto, or Atlanta.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #272 on: March 03, 2017, 08:18:01 AM »
Boston will be an interesting story. I've always loved Thomas. Love his attitude, love his game, which he was on my Wolves. But when you have a guy who is listed at 5'9" (who is closer to 5'6") getting pummeled to the floor every night, it will take its toll eventually. Boston held off from doing anything, and that may bode well for next year, but it really screwed them for this year. I don't see them making it all the way.

The good news is that Avery Bradley returned from missing 20 or so games. Defensively, they are a different team with him on the floor.

The bad news is that their Bigs are way too soft..and overpaid. Amir Johnson is just OK, and while Kelly Olinyk can shoot, he's way too soft on the boards. Same goes for Tyler Zeller (@$8million) who SUCKS, as does Jerebko. Ibaka would've been perfect for them.

Ainge has his eye on the Opt Outs next summer. But other than Jae Crowder, their front court is very soft, and they will NOT make it out of the first round.

Bradley is SOLID. I love that dude's game.

If Boston nabs Gordon Hayward, i think with him at the 3, Thomas at the 1, Bradley at the 2, SOMEONE at the 4, and Horford at the 5, they have a solid starting unit. But I don't think Ainge is going to settle for that. I think he has bigger plans, honestly. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he re-engaged the Bulls about Butler.

Butler is quick enough, 6'7" 231 to play off guard. hayward is similar 6'8", 226.

If Ainge can get Chicago to bite without losing Bradley, he's going to. It may end up being Brown and a first rounder, but he's going to get Butler. Bradley will then come off the bench as the 6th man. And I imagine Boston will draft a physical presence to play the 4.

Horford
PF
Hayward
Butler
Thomas

6th: Bradley

>>>>That's a pretty damn intense starting unit there. I'm anxious to see what Ainge does.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #273 on: March 03, 2017, 10:27:21 AM »

Horford
PF
Hayward
Butler
Thomas

6th: Bradley

>>>>That's a pretty damn intense starting unit there. I'm anxious to see what Ainge does.

I highly doubt Ainge is interested in anything like this. Every reporter I've read has said that if they can get Hayward then they'll keep the pick and select a good guy they can develop to make a long run with good players. All these assets they've been gathering can translate in a long stretch of success. Getting Butler & Hayward together doesn't make sense in a team that is playing like they are, it would almost be like starting over.
I could imagine Crowder moving to the PF spot if they get Hayward seeing how almost every team is going small ball these days and he shouldn't have any problem guarding most of the guys that play that position.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #274 on: March 03, 2017, 12:10:11 PM »
We'll see. Ainge has been brilliant so far, so I would always give him the benefit of the doubt.

If he wants Dieng from the Wolvea, he can have him. :lol

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #275 on: March 03, 2017, 05:32:39 PM »
Jim Buss is too much. We fans know he is a bad owner with poor business sense... come on now Jim, stop it before it turn into a bigger joke than it is now, and just quit f-ing up your sister and the Lakers' future.  :facepalm:
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #276 on: March 04, 2017, 07:43:10 AM »
100% agree. Crazy to see the mighty fall because the head is rotting from the head.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #277 on: March 07, 2017, 09:15:56 AM »
Jim Buss is an ass.

On another note, someone get the Target Center crew bigger mops. Unreal what happened last night in Minnesota. Not unheard of (happened in Philly this year), but seriously, come on.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #278 on: March 07, 2017, 09:19:13 AM »
???  What happened?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #279 on: March 07, 2017, 04:51:03 PM »