Author Topic: Westworld  (Read 73931 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Westworld
« Reply #245 on: December 12, 2016, 02:56:33 PM »
Stealing from Reddit

"So, when you see note with location of Maeve's daughter the numbers are 1, 15, 3. If you turn that in to a year and google it, top result within events of 1153 is the guy below assuming power:
Taira no Kiyomori (平 清盛?, 1118 – March 20, 1181) was a military leader of the late Heian period of Japan. He established the first samurai-dominated administrative government in the history of Japan."

Nice.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #246 on: December 31, 2016, 04:47:48 AM »
Very late to the party, but I just finished to watch it.

OH MY WHAT A SHOW. Absolutely brilliant, maybe not flawless but it was a completely exciting experience to watch it. Anthony Hopkins is a scene stealer every time he's on screen, and both what happens in Westworld and in the control room quickly grabs your attention.

I like to read comments and reviews after each episode so I basically got "spoiled" the William twist, since a lot of people already figured it out, but nevertheless it was a roller coaster ride of emotions. Excellent show, I just wonder how it will go on in season 2 'cause the status quo seems to have changed forever with the red wedding reception.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #247 on: December 31, 2016, 10:07:01 AM »
Very late to the party, but I just finished to watch it.

OH MY WHAT A SHOW. Absolutely brilliant, maybe not flawless but it was a completely exciting experience to watch it. Anthony Hopkins is a scene stealer every time he's on screen, and both what happens in Westworld and in the control room quickly grabs your attention.

He certainly did. Heck, even in the preview for the next Transformers that is running before Rouge One his narration begins to seduce you to actually 'want' to see it.  :lol

And the other actors/actresses brought their A+ game as well, when Bernard realized he didn't have a son...man...that was an incredible moment of acting.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #248 on: December 31, 2016, 10:49:09 AM »
About the fan theories and speculations, some of them right and some of them wrong... when Felix discover Bernard is a host, he looks at himself paralyzed by doubt, and then Maeve snaps "Oh FFS you're not one of us, you're one of them".

It's highly unlikely, but I like to think that it's a meta commentary and an in-joke from the writers to shut down some of the theories, such as "everyone who works in the park is an host as well"  ;D

Anyway, today it's sir Anthony Hopkins birthday, happy 79 years to the actor and painter!  :hefdaddy
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #249 on: January 05, 2017, 12:47:05 PM »
I still think a lot of the people working at Westworld are hosts controlled by Ford. They let Maeve get away with murder and they couldn't shoot a target worth a damn.

"Oh, I can automate most of the park's safety protocols, Mr. Stubbs." - Ford

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #250 on: January 05, 2017, 01:13:02 PM »
I still think a lot of the people working at Westworld are hosts controlled by Ford. They let Maeve get away with murder and they couldn't shoot a target worth a damn.

There was also the scene with Ford in that outdoor restaurant where he was able to stop all the hosts.  All the hosts that were fielding and serving.  While that was inside the park, to me, it showed that they could create hosts to perform "work" per se. 

I'm not sold all the workers at Westworld are hosts, but I definitely believe there are more than we know.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #251 on: January 05, 2017, 02:12:25 PM »

There was also the scene with Ford in that outdoor restaurant where he was able to stop all the hosts.  All the hosts that were fielding and serving.  While that was inside the park, to me, it showed that they could create hosts to perform "work" per se. 

I'm not sold all the workers at Westworld are hosts, but I definitely believe there are more than we know.

If I had to guess a ratio I'd say its 70/30 hosts vs 'real humans'.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #252 on: January 08, 2017, 11:51:09 AM »
I've seen the original Westworld movie. It's nice but too much simple. The robots break down and revolt just... because. No explanation is given (or maybe I just missed it), just some random concerns about isolated accidents in the parks and then suddenly it's a full on riot, and the Gunslinger also suddenly has weapons that can actually kill humans.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 08:44:02 AM by MirrorMask »

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #253 on: January 09, 2017, 06:10:37 AM »
Just started watching it and I'm 2-3 episodes and I'm loving it so far. The execution and acting is top-notch which is to be expected. The intro scene and the soundtrack are amazing as well, I hope the show itself doesn't go downhill from the middle like Luke Cage did.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #254 on: January 09, 2017, 06:19:53 AM »
Quite the opposite in my opinion.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #255 on: January 09, 2017, 06:49:47 AM »
Yeah, this show started with its foot pretty far down on the loud pedal, and by the last episode we were at wide open throttle.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #256 on: February 21, 2018, 09:19:33 AM »
Bump! Just looked it up and it seems like season 2 of Westworld is premiering on April 22nd. Finally! This will tide me over a bit til Better Call Saul in September.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #257 on: February 21, 2018, 09:48:46 AM »
Don't know if I'll actually do it, since there's always so much new stuff to see, but I'm planning a rewatch of season 1. There's so much stuff going on on three levels of the story that knowing now what we know, it should be a totally new experience to watch it.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #258 on: February 21, 2018, 09:51:53 AM »
I watched Alt Shift X's season 1 review last night while eating dinner to give myself a refresher, and holy crap was this show was more in depth than I realized while watching.  I overlooked quite a bit of stuff.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #259 on: February 21, 2018, 10:54:23 AM »
I didn't know Alt Shift X did Westworld videos. Gonna watch those tonight.

Season 1 is definitely a lot to take in. I binged it in two days so uh, saying I missed a lot is an understatement. But I was hooked. I definitely plan to rewatch it thoroughly leading up to the premiere. In fact I should probably start that tonight, if I want to do an episode a week.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #260 on: February 21, 2018, 12:04:14 PM »
I didn't know Alt Shift X did Westworld videos. Gonna watch those tonight.

Season 1 is definitely a lot to take in. I binged it in two days so uh, saying I missed a lot is an understatement. But I was hooked. I definitely plan to rewatch it thoroughly leading up to the premiere. In fact I should probably start that tonight, if I want to do an episode a week.

I think it's new, I didn't know either.  Sounds like they are going to do them for season 2 so they did one about season 1 and I just watched a video about the season 2 trailer during my lunch today.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #261 on: February 22, 2018, 06:54:19 AM »
Hopefully the season is better than the trailer cos that looks meh af.

Offline Chris Hinton

« Reply #262 on: February 22, 2018, 09:44:57 AM »
Surprised nobody posted this here when it came out...

https://youtu.be/rMFWmvRVSGc

:natalieportman:

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #263 on: February 22, 2018, 10:41:38 AM »
Surprised nobody posted this here when it came out...

https://youtu.be/rMFWmvRVSGc

:natalieportman:

I'll echo one of the most voted comments: I'll conside this canon  :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #264 on: February 26, 2018, 07:47:24 AM »
I watched Alt Shift X's video summary on Westworld season 1 last night. This guy knows his stuff. That was so informative.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #265 on: February 26, 2018, 07:52:24 AM »
I watched Alt Shift X's video summary on Westworld season 1 last night. This guy knows his stuff. That was so informative.

I'll have to check that out....if anything to get a quick refresh before season 2.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #266 on: February 26, 2018, 09:41:21 AM »

I'll have to check that out....if anything to get a quick refresh before season 2.

Highly recommend it, he put the puzzle together for season 1 in a much better way than I even realized was there. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #267 on: February 26, 2018, 09:51:40 AM »

Highly recommend it, he put the puzzle together for season 1 in a much better way than I even realized was there.

Agreed. Hell, I watched it two times because he blew my mind. I think I'll restart the series tonight, my interest is high in this series once again. Can't wait for season 2...

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #268 on: February 26, 2018, 11:52:32 AM »
Can't recall if it's been discussed here....and don't know if that video addresses it.....but I'm convinced that the Dr. Ford that was killed by Dolores in the finale was a 'fake' Ford.....that the body that was being put together when Ford revealed to Bernard and Theresa in his secret lab was a clone of himself, to give the illusion that he was murdered.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #269 on: February 26, 2018, 12:03:05 PM »
Can't recall if it's been discussed here....and don't know if that video addresses it.....but I'm convinced that the Dr. Ford that was killed by Dolores in the finale was a 'fake' Ford.....that the body that was being put together when Ford revealed to Bernard and Theresa in his secret lab was a clone of himself, to give the illusion that he was murdered.

I'll be shocked if this doesn't happen.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #270 on: February 26, 2018, 12:11:15 PM »

But wasn't it clear that Anthony Hopkins had signed on for only one season? are there news of his return?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #271 on: February 26, 2018, 12:31:15 PM »

But wasn't it clear that Anthony Hopkins had signed on for only one season? are there news of his return?

That's what I was wondering? Wasn't aware of his commitment or not to season two? Could be a well kept 'secret' or maybe just a cameo or two?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #272 on: February 26, 2018, 03:36:52 PM »

That's what I was wondering? Wasn't aware of his commitment or not to season two? Could be a well kept 'secret' or maybe just a cameo or two?

The alt shift x review of the season 2 trailer makes me think he'll be around as well since it appears that the hosts are still running off his scripts even outside of the west world.  But maybe there's some work around for this. 

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #273 on: March 20, 2018, 01:46:02 AM »
Just started watching. 3 episodes in. This show is awesome.

Hopkins is incredible. This is my favorite performance by him in years.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #274 on: March 20, 2018, 02:09:54 AM »
He steals every scene he's in, doesn't he?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #275 on: March 20, 2018, 05:57:17 AM »
I finally sat through the trailer for season 2... what the hell is that white, faceless monster that Bernard has by his side?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #276 on: March 20, 2018, 06:42:09 AM »
Hopkins is incredible. This is my favorite performance by him in years.

He steals every scene he's in, doesn't he?

He’s simply incredible. Stealing each scene he’s in is an understatement, he owns them. His part/lines are so well wtritten as they are choc full of cryptic information.

Offline Chris Hinton

« Reply #277 on: March 20, 2018, 09:17:29 AM »
I finally sat through the trailer for season 2... what the hell is that white, faceless monster that Bernard has by his side?

I assumed it was a host still in the process of being manufactured.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #278 on: March 21, 2018, 01:04:13 PM »
Will start re-binging S01 tonight.  :tup
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Chris Hinton

« Reply #279 on: April 02, 2018, 02:53:24 PM »
Just finished my re-watch of the series.  It's even better the second time through since you pick up clues you missed the first time.