Author Topic: The Ask twosuitsluke Thread  (Read 109971 times)

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
Re: The Ask Tomislav95 Thread
« Reply #1435 on: March 18, 2017, 09:31:23 AM »
Wait, isn't Tomislav your real name?
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #1436 on: March 18, 2017, 09:41:42 AM »
'Lav' means 'lion' in Croatian so my username literally means that I'm a lion :biggrin:

Relevant: Maybe I'm a Lion - The Black Mages

Which leads me onto the question, are you into computer games and have you played any Final Fantasy games?

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #1437 on: March 18, 2017, 09:55:49 AM »
Wait, isn't Tomislav your real name?
It is :lol
I like to study names etymology and my name comes from archaic word for verb 'to torture' (tomiti) and 'slav' which means 'slav', obviously :biggrin:

'Lav' means 'lion' in Croatian so my username literally means that I'm a lion :biggrin:

Relevant: Maybe I'm a Lion - The Black Mages

Which leads me onto the question, are you into computer games and have you played any Final Fantasy games?
Not that much anymore. And between all other things I need and want to do, I don't have enough time. I still occasionally play a match of NBA or FIFA with my brother or sister but that doesn't really count :P
Never played any FF. Closest thing to it I played was Chrono Trigger and it is, in my opinion, one of the best games ever.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #1438 on: March 18, 2017, 10:05:46 AM »
Good answer.

I have still never gotten around to playing Chrono Trigger but it's not easy to get hold of nowadays. Nobuo Uematsu (composer of all the best FF music and founding member of The Black Mages) also composed the music for Chrono Trigger. Yea, I really need to get on it one day.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #1439 on: March 18, 2017, 10:12:11 AM »
Good answer.

I have still never gotten around to playing Chrono Trigger but it's not easy to get hold of nowadays. Nobuo Uematsu (composer of all the best FF music and founding member of The Black Mages) also composed the music for Chrono Trigger. Yea, I really need to get on it one day.
I played it on emulator :yarr

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #1440 on: March 18, 2017, 11:21:21 AM »
1) How are you today? Everything going pretty well?

Yeah, I'm fine.

2) From Illumination Theory, do you agree with death over shame and grace over glory? Why or why not?

I'm with Elite on this, wouldn't be ready to die in favor of not being ashamed. Maybe it means dying for honor, because you don't want to betray someone :huh: that sounds like something from A Song of Ice and Fire. And if I lived there I would probably die for my House :lol in non-fantasy settings, called the reality, there are more important things so I guess I don't mind being ashamed if that doesn't affect anyone else.
Grace over glory, yes.

3) Which is worse, failing or never trying? Why? Was there ever a time you ever experienced both of them? How'd it turn out?

Never trying is worse. However, I'd like to live by it more that I do now. Often, I just do the thing that's more comfortable for me in that moment, which means not trying in fear of failing.

4) What'd you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?

If something that I do affect others in a good way, I don't care if anyone judges me. When I do care is while doing little things like speaking or singing in front of other people :lol Actually, it's not about being judged, it's my shyness and thinking how everyone would laugh or something. I know, I know, it sound very childish but I can't help it :lol I guess I'd like to sing in a choir or something like that because singing for myself makes me happy. But just the thought of being auditioned makes me anxious :P (which brings us back to the question 3...)

5) At what time in your life have you felt most passionate and alive?

I don't think I'm passionate about anything at this moment. There are things I like to do but not something I'm crazy about, still finding myself :P
This time of year (early spring) is when I feel especially alive for some reason. I like walking in the late afternoon with some of my favorite music playing on my earphones, it's still sunny but not too hot, feeling mild wind on my face. World just feels wonderful and that makes me feel alive.

6) Describe the next ten years of your life in a single sentence.

I answered similar question yesterday and I don't feel like doing it again :D

7) Would you be a martyr and risk your reputation by standing up for what is right in front of your peers? Or is it better to be pragmatic and do nothing?

I think I would, I'm always trying to do what I feel is right. But also, there is a line which I wouldn't dare to cross, let's say defending someone doing something that's prohibited, even if I'm against it. Overall, I don't care if I get black eye in exchange for doing something good for someone.

8) Could you be persuaded to kill someone? If you answer no, how much money would it take to change your mind?

No. Even if I had to kill to protect myself, I probably couldn't.

9) Would you rather have 10 years of excellent health, or 30 years of average health?

I guess this means that after those 10 or 30 years I become sick or dead? I choose where there are more years then :P 30 years of average health is actually pretty good. I'm not really healthy right now (and I'm not talking about being fit) so that sounds fine.

10) Is being open-minded a virtue, even if it’s causing destructive ideas to spread throughout society?

I don't think open-mindedness can cause something like that. That's one of the characteristics I value highly in other people. At worst, it can cause one person's destruction, there is a line where things should be considered from more of a conservative point of view. But I don't care, do whatever you feel is right.

11) When did you last push the boundaries of your comfort zone?

Yeah, I kinda touched this topic in one of the previous questions. As I said, I'd like if I got out of my comfort zone more often.
I don't know if this counts but I started going into gym recently (which is in my dorm, that's very convenient). That may not seem like a big deal but I'm usually very shy and self-conscious, and also, I know I'm too skinny and weak for my height :P so I was a little anxious about it, especially because I don't know anyone who's going there. Obviously, there are "normal" guys are girls just like me, not (just) some toned bodybuilders.

12) Who are you really? Describe yourself without using your name, or any attributes given to you by society and really think. Deep down, who are you?

I don't know who I am :lol But really, I'm just a simple man who try to do the things he love, and (occasionally) include other people in that as well because that's what makes him happy. I like to think I'm modest so that's probably the reason why I can't think of anything else and talk about myself :P I'm just like the everyone else but in the other way I'm also different than anyone else.

Here it is! Some of those questions are very tough to answer and I feel like I didn't make them sound like I wanted to, or how I would if I answered in my first language, but that's fine :P
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 11:32:48 AM by Tomislav95 »

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1441 on: March 18, 2017, 12:41:02 PM »
Holy shit you actually did it :lol
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #1442 on: March 18, 2017, 12:57:03 PM »

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1443 on: March 18, 2017, 01:05:36 PM »
What is the 'lav' in your username? I don't get the 'Tom is lav' thing.

Lions are cool, almost as cool as tigers.  :biggrin:

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #1444 on: March 18, 2017, 08:51:21 PM »
Nobuo Uematsu also composed the music for Chrono Trigger. Yea, I really need to get on it one day.
Yasunori Mitsuda composed Chrono Trigger's soundtrack. Nobuo was an assistant and only has writing credit on about 3 tracks.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #1445 on: March 19, 2017, 01:54:31 AM »
Nobuo Uematsu also composed the music for Chrono Trigger. Yea, I really need to get on it one day.
Yasunori Mitsuda composed Chrono Trigger's soundtrack. Nobuo was an assistant and only has writing credit on about 3 tracks.

Well colour me misinformed. Cheers Bolsters  :tup

Offline Tomislav95

Re: The Ask jingle.boy Thread
« Reply #1446 on: March 20, 2017, 01:37:00 PM »
Thank you for all your questions :D

jingle.boy is up this week.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1447 on: March 20, 2017, 01:37:46 PM »
Jingle..........have you ever jingled..............all the way?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1448 on: March 20, 2017, 02:40:42 PM »
Jingle..........have you ever jingled..............all the way?

On a one-horse open sleigh.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1449 on: March 20, 2017, 02:51:08 PM »
Laughing all the way?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #1450 on: March 20, 2017, 03:32:23 PM »
Do you look like the puppet in your avatar?
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1451 on: March 20, 2017, 04:07:57 PM »
Have you tried growing your hair back or just gluing the hair from your ass on your head?  :-*

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1452 on: March 20, 2017, 07:34:03 PM »
Jingle, how much Tim Hortons coffee a week do you drink?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1453 on: March 20, 2017, 07:36:42 PM »
I've had your chocolate caramel salted balls.  What other balls can you suggest in Canada?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1454 on: March 20, 2017, 07:53:46 PM »
Chad, at what temp can I complain that it's cold outside?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1455 on: March 21, 2017, 05:35:32 AM »
Laughing all the way?

Ask Mrs. TAC.  She's jingled with me on my one-pony open sleigh.

Do you look like the puppet in your avatar?

See Mason's quote in my sig.  And the post-your-pic thread for reference.

Have you tried growing your hair back or just gluing the hair from your ass on your head?  :-*

Never.  I was 22 the first time someone mentioned I was thinning.  It was a pal of mine in University.  Then, years later, a girl I was dating mentioned it to me - it was on the final weekend we were dating... we were at her family cottage for a weekend with a bunch of friends that had been planned for a while, so even though we knew it was over between us, we were kinda committed to go.  I was picking something up and she said "You know, you're going bald".  I turned and looked at her and said "You know, your ass is getting big".

Jingle, how much Tim Hortons coffee a week do you drink?

Quite a bit.  Costco sells their coffee in huge tins, and that's what we brew every single morning.  As far as picking it up in drive-thru... couple times a week on average. 

I've had your chocolate caramel salted balls.  What other balls can you suggest in Canada?

Right now, they've got Churros.  Otherwise, Sour Cream is my favorite.

Chad, at what temp can I complain that it's cold outside?

When there's shrinkage.  Everyone but you will get that reference.

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1456 on: March 21, 2017, 05:36:53 AM »

Never.  I was 22 the first time someone mentioned I was thinning.  It was a pal of mine in University.  Then, years later, a girl I was dating mentioned it to me - it was on the final weekend we were dating... we were at her family cottage for a weekend with a bunch of friends that had been planned for a while, so even though we knew it was over between us, we were kinda committed to go.  I was picking something up and she said "You know, you're going bald".  I turned and looked at her and said "You know, your ass is getting big".

:lol 

Bitches are so observant. They know how to twist the knife.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1457 on: March 21, 2017, 07:12:49 AM »
When you're semi-retired or just out of work, how late are you able to sleep in without feeling guilty? I'm doing research for my own semi-retirement.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1458 on: March 21, 2017, 07:20:58 AM »

:lol 

Bitches are so observant. They know how to twist the knife.

Yeah, but great comeback.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: The Ask Elite Thread
« Reply #1459 on: March 21, 2017, 07:21:22 AM »
Hey Tomi, I'll join you in keeping the thread alive.  :)

Can thou addest me?

Hey Elite!
1) How are you today? Everything going pretty well?

2) From Illumination Theory, do you agree with death over shame and grace over glory? Why or why not?

3) Which is worse, failing or never trying? Why? Was there ever a time you ever experienced both of them? How'd it turn out?

4) What'd you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?

5) At what time in your life have you felt most passionate and alive?

6) Describe the next ten years of your life in a single sentence.

7) Would you be a martyr and risk your reputation by standing up for what is right in front of your peers? Or is it better to be pragmatic and do nothing?

8) Could you be persuaded to kill someone? If you answer no, how much money would it take to change your mind?

9) Would you rather have 10 years of excellent health, or 30 years of average health?

10) Is being open-minded a virtue, even if it’s causing destructive ideas to spread throughout society?

11) When did you last push the boundaries of your comfort zone?

12) Who are you really? Describe yourself without using your name, or any attributes given to you by society and really think. Deep down, who are you?

Thanks and sorry about too much questions. I searched up online and chose what I think would be the best to ask. Thanks. :)

Where the hell were you when I was answering?!?  These are great questions.   Not good, but GREAT.   I may even step on Jingle's balls and answer one or two myself.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1460 on: March 21, 2017, 08:40:04 AM »
When you're semi-retired or just out of work, how late are you able to sleep in without feeling guilty? I'm doing research for my own semi-retirement.

Hard to answer that.  Still have two 16-year old's in the house that get up at 5:45am and 6:30am respectively for school.  jingle.son is enrolled in a Regional Arts Program at a high-school about 30 minutes away, and we need to be on the road around 7am to get him off to school.  So, I'm never sleeping in past 6:50-ish during the week.  On weekends, I'm typically the first one up with the dogs (one of which is a 14-week old puppy). 

If I could sleep in, I'd go for about 9am.  A few times over the past year - when we only had one dog - I made it until 9:30am and a couple of times until 10am (weekends and school breaks).  The key is to have more lazy perseverance than mrs.jingle.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1461 on: March 21, 2017, 08:47:47 AM »
Have you ever been to Seven Lives Tacos y Mariscos in Kensington Market?  I had my first ever fish taco there and it was damn near a religious experience.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1462 on: March 21, 2017, 10:38:38 AM »
Have you ever been to Seven Lives Tacos y Mariscos in Kensington Market?  I had my first ever fish taco there and it was damn near a religious experience.

Nah... getting down to Kensington Market (or right downtown to St. Lawrence Market) just ain't convenient at all.  With no traffic, it would be at least 45 minutes to get into that part of the city.  Great food exists all over the place.  I do try and go to hole-in-the-wall places whenever I can, as they always have the best food.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1463 on: March 21, 2017, 11:17:19 AM »
What's the best thing about being Canadian?

What's the worst thing about being Canadian?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1464 on: March 21, 2017, 11:24:33 AM »
I'm offended that you assume that I don't get that reference. 

Women know about shrinkage,  right?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1465 on: March 21, 2017, 12:40:48 PM »
I'm offended that you assume that I don't get that reference. 

Women know about shrinkage,  right?

I have no idea why, but I somehow thought TAC was the one that asked that question and given his recent ignorance about Seinfeld, that's why I made the comment.  Sorry bro

What's the best thing about being Canadian?

What's the worst thing about being Canadian?

I'll do my best to answer these without it being a direct comparison to our southernly neighbours.

Best... our culture of kindness.  Sure, there are dick asshole douche-waffles everywhere, but by-and-large, Canadians are considered kind, caring, giving and polite people.  And by-and-large, that's been my experience across the country.  Unless you try to speak English in Quebec City.   :lol

Worst... most of the stereotypes.  Sorry aboot that.  ::)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 12:49:11 PM by jingle.boy »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1466 on: March 21, 2017, 02:22:27 PM »
English in Quebec City

Yeah, I dealt with that.  I don't get it.  We travel to see their beautiful culture.  we just can't speak Canadian French.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1467 on: March 21, 2017, 02:26:41 PM »
Unless you try to speak English in Quebec City.   :lol

Which brings up the question: Do you speak French Canadian?
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1468 on: March 21, 2017, 05:50:42 PM »
Non.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1469 on: March 21, 2017, 06:09:05 PM »
Do you speak English Canadian?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol