Author Topic: The Ask twosuitsluke Thread  (Read 110055 times)

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
Re: The Ask bout to crash Thread
« Reply #980 on: December 15, 2016, 11:08:55 PM »
In the word scent, is the letter s silent or the letter c?

What does water taste like?

Do you think sand is called sand because it's between the sea and land?

How'd you come up with your username? Profile pic?

How'd you find out about DT? This forum?

Favorite song by DT? Album?

It's the T that's silent.

Coors Light.

I hate sand.

SDOIT reference, and a character from the Preacher comics.

Heard DT on the radio, then I think I just stumbled across the old dt.net while searching for info on them back in the day (early 2000s).

I never really had favorites when I listened to DT all the time, and I still don't. I think the last album I listened to was Images and Words, but that was a while ago.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #981 on: December 16, 2016, 07:28:57 AM »
How would you feel if I told you I wanted a divorce so that I could be with Winona Ryder exclusively?

Don't you sort of want to wait until the "Ask Wynona thread" before you pull that trigger?  ;)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #982 on: December 16, 2016, 08:05:08 AM »
How would you feel if I told you I wanted a divorce so that I could be with Winona Ryder exclusively?

Don't you sort of want to wait until the "Ask Wynona thread" before you pull that trigger?  ;)

Nah, I'm pretty confident.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #983 on: December 16, 2016, 09:29:18 AM »
Mark Twain said that all you need is ignorance and confidence, and success is sure.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #984 on: December 16, 2016, 08:21:00 PM »
Jackie,

Will you marry me? Just dont tell black_floyd.

Yes. I can share and so can my floydypoo.

<3 <3 <3
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Adami

« Reply #985 on: December 16, 2016, 08:30:59 PM »
Jack, serious question here.

How do I become such a player that I convince a person I'm dating to actually drive me to a date with someone else??
fanticide.bandcamp.com

• DT.net Member
« Reply #986 on: December 16, 2016, 10:08:09 PM »
Ceasing to have a soul is a good first step :tup
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #987 on: December 16, 2016, 10:19:18 PM »
Hey Jackie...would you?

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #988 on: December 18, 2016, 08:06:23 AM »
Always.

Adami: for a few small dollars, I will teach you.
Plus your soul.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #989 on: December 18, 2016, 06:52:42 PM »
Who from the forum would you like to meet the most that you haven't met?  Assume they are going to see you in Denver so you can't pick someone based on their location.

If you were given the opportunity to write and direct a Troma film, give us the title and a brief synopsis.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #990 on: December 19, 2016, 07:56:27 AM »
It would be called Nun of Yo Business and be about a group of sisters after dark.

And I really need to have beers with black_floyd ;)

• DT.net Member
« Reply #991 on: December 19, 2016, 11:02:02 AM »
 :heart :heart :heart :floydapproves:  :heart :heart :heart

Offline Tomislav95

Re: The hefdaddy42 Thread
« Reply #992 on: December 19, 2016, 06:27:50 PM »
Ask hefdaddy42 this week.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Adami

« Reply #993 on: December 19, 2016, 06:30:16 PM »
Father?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #994 on: December 19, 2016, 06:33:02 PM »
Your brother is a monster.   Ever battle him as a kid? 

Again, damn he's big!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #995 on: December 19, 2016, 06:39:25 PM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #996 on: December 19, 2016, 06:42:13 PM »

Again, damn he's big!
We used to wrestle when we were kids, but we never fought for real.

And yeah, he's a large motherfucker. 6' 8", a little over 300 pounds.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #997 on: December 19, 2016, 06:44:04 PM »
Damn. He's a truck!  My brother is 6 years younger and was always thin.  We never did more than wrestling.   
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #998 on: December 19, 2016, 06:45:33 PM »
Hefdaddy,

You wake up in a room with approximately 35 nine-year-old children, all of them screaming very loudly, brandishing various bladed weapons suitable to their stature, all of them very angry and attacking you!

On the table next to you are two hatchets that both look very sharp and well-weighted, a longsword, a shotgun, a flame thrower, a machine gun, and a rocket launcher.  What do you grab and why?  Explain in detail.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #999 on: December 19, 2016, 06:49:43 PM »
Damn. He's a truck!  My brother is 6 years younger and was always thin.  We never did more than wrestling.
The wrestling mostly stopped when his growth spurt started lol. He hit 6' 5" by the time he was in 8th grade. I am 4 years older.

Offline Serah Farron

• Lightning's baby sister~
  • WOOF WOOF.
« Reply #1000 on: December 19, 2016, 06:51:36 PM »
1) Hefdaddy42, if you are a parent, what's it like to be a parent? What are some ups and downs of being a parent?

2) How did you find out about Dream Theater? This forum? What prompted you to join?

3) Favorite Dream Theater album and song?

4) What is the history behind your username? Profile Picture?

5) What is your most memorable memory in life so far?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1001 on: December 19, 2016, 06:55:21 PM »
Hefdaddy,

You wake up in a room with approximately 35 nine-year-old children, all of them screaming very loudly, brandishing various bladed weapons suitable to their stature, all of them very angry and attacking you!

On the table next to you are two hatchets that both look very sharp and well-weighted, a longsword, a shotgun, a flame thrower, a machine gun, and a rocket launcher.  What do you grab and why?  Explain in detail.
I know I'm not Hef (although people do confuse us), but that's such an interesting scenario that I have to offer my own response:  I would grab a sewing kit, a can of WD-40, and an untanned wombat hide.  I am assuming the reasons why are obvious and need no further explanation.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1002 on: December 19, 2016, 07:03:04 PM »
Hefdaddy,

First, I would yell at them to knock that shit off.

If, for some reason, that didn't calm them down, I would forego the hatchets and the longsword. Wading through a gaggle of yardapes one or two at a time sounds tiring.

The flamethrower sounds fun, but I wouldn't like the smell afterwards. Probably the same with the rocket launcher.

That leaves the shotgun and the machine gun, of which I would select the latter. Maximum damage in a short time span. That way, I could get back to my nap.

But I am pretty sure it wouldn't come to that. The yell worked last time this happened to me.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1003 on: December 19, 2016, 07:04:33 PM »
Hefdaddy,

I know I'm not Hef (although people do confuse us), but that's such an interesting scenario that I have to offer my own response:  I would grab a sewing kit, a can of WD-40, and an untanned wombat hide.  I am assuming the reasons why are obvious and need no further explanation.
Yes, of course. I see.

Interesting.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1004 on: December 19, 2016, 07:05:49 PM »
Orbert, your posts almost always seem to make me laugh, so thank you for that  :rollin

As for Hef, I know you are a big Carolina fan... who is your favorite Carolina Panther of all time and why?

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1005 on: December 19, 2016, 07:22:04 PM »
Hefdaddy,

First, I would yell at them to knock that shit off.

If, for some reason, that didn't calm them down, I would forego the hatchets and the longsword. Wading through a gaggle of yardapes one or two at a time sounds tiring.

The flamethrower sounds fun, but I wouldn't like the smell afterwards. Probably the same with the rocket launcher.

That leaves the shotgun and the machine gun, of which I would select the latter. Maximum damage in a short time span. That way, I could get back to my nap.

But I am pretty sure it wouldn't come to that. The yell worked last time this happened to me.

Perfect.  I salute you!   :yarr

Hefdaddy,

Yes, of course. I see.

Interesting.

Indeed. :tup

Orbert, your posts almost always seem to make me laugh, so thank you for that  :rollin

You're welcome, and Thanks!  :P

???

:P

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1006 on: December 19, 2016, 07:31:06 PM »
1) Hefdaddy42, if you are a parent, what's it like to be a parent? What are some ups and downs of being a parent?

2) How did you find out about Dream Theater? This forum? What prompted you to join?

3) Favorite Dream Theater album and song?

4) What is the history behind your username? Profile Picture?

5) What is your most memorable memory in life so far?
Weighty stuff.

1) I am a parent. Two girls, ages 13 and 20. It is the greatest thing in the world. It is also the hardest thing in the world. Some days you win, and some days you lose. The older my girls get, the challenges grow larger in scope, and the losses are devastating. But the wins are glorious. See my post in the Durham thread in the concert subforum  for a big win.

2) I found out about Dream Theater when I heard Pull Me Under on the radio in 1992. They have been my favorite band ever since. I found out about this forum  ( or, more accurately, a precursor to this forum) by random web search. I lurked for several years before deciding to actively join and participate in this community in early 2005. That was roughly 150,000 posts ago.

3) Favorite DT album is Awake. Favorite song is Learning to Live.

4) Username: first half of my surname, my familial relationship to my kids, my favorite number  (see Douglas Adams).

5) Wedding day or birth of a child.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1007 on: December 19, 2016, 07:35:56 PM »
As for Hef, I know you are a big Carolina fan... who is your favorite Carolina Panther of all time and why?
Sam Mills. The heart he showed, both as a player and a coach, and the leadership he showed the entire community even as he would ultimately lose his battle against cancer, will always be with me. #KeepPounding

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1008 on: December 19, 2016, 07:40:53 PM »
Very cool, thanks for sharing  :tup

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1009 on: December 19, 2016, 07:41:27 PM »
Dear hef,

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, prepared any way, what would it be?

What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

How much money would you have to receive in order to have sex with Russell Brand?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1010 on: December 19, 2016, 07:44:32 PM »
Dear hef,

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, prepared any way, what would it be?

What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

How much money would you have to receive in order to have sex with Russell Brand?
Steak.

11 meters per second.

Would he wear perfume and shave?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1011 on: December 19, 2016, 07:47:55 PM »
So Russell Brand, swallow, and meat. Hef, C'mon!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Serah Farron

• Lightning's baby sister~
  • WOOF WOOF.
« Reply #1012 on: December 19, 2016, 07:54:43 PM »
Weighty stuff.

1) I am a parent. Two girls, ages 13 and 20. It is the greatest thing in the world. It is also the hardest thing in the world. Some days you win, and some days you lose. The older my girls get, the challenges grow larger in scope, and the losses are devastating. But the wins are glorious. See my post in the Durham thread in the concert subforum  for a big win.

I saw your post at the Durham Concert and that was totally fantastic! It must be such a heart warming and astonishing experience to see Dream Theater with your two daughters and have a fantastic time. Judging from your post, you must have been smiling all the way home. That was really nice to read and I may have shed a few tears. :P

I never had a close relationship with my father. He would take my brother to concerts, to go fishing, and all that cool activities. When I would ask him to take me to a concert, he would not let me go. While my dad and brother were having fun, I'd be at my house reading or studying. He didn't realize how lonely I was and he tried to mend our relationship, but since I'm being a stubborn girl, I refuse to let him get close to me now. It's a bit too late.

The prospect of being a parent to me is so scary, yet very exciting. Although it will mean much more work for me and much more stress, I know in the end, there is that satisfaction or raising that talented or brilliant kid and seeing my kids do well and live a good life...I think it will outweigh all the troubles of going through to raise a kid.

Anyways, sorry for rambling in your ask thread, and once more, thank you for sharing that amazing experience. That will definitely change my perspective on being a mother later on. :tup

Thanks!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1013 on: December 19, 2016, 08:39:40 PM »

Again, damn he's big!
We used to wrestle when we were kids, but we never fought for real.

And yeah, he's a large motherfucker. 6' 8", a little over 300 pounds.

I could take him...

...for a beer.

:neverusethis:

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1014 on: December 19, 2016, 09:46:25 PM »
He would drink that beer.