Author Topic: The Ask twosuitsluke Thread  (Read 109969 times)

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
Re: The Ask axeman90210 Thread
« Reply #875 on: November 29, 2016, 12:07:07 PM »
Betty White has to finally go right?

Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline Tomislav95

Re: The Ask Chino Thread
« Reply #876 on: November 29, 2016, 03:34:54 PM »
I steal one day from everyone so :lol Chino is up next.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #877 on: November 29, 2016, 05:24:27 PM »
Chino, what's going on with that lettuce project?

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #878 on: November 29, 2016, 05:41:17 PM »

Yeah, lettuce know how if it is coming to a head.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #879 on: November 29, 2016, 05:42:18 PM »
If you had to date one of the Golden Girls, which would it be?

Let me rephrase.

If you were privileged enough to date on of the Golden Girls (assuming their age during the show) which would it be?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #880 on: November 30, 2016, 05:45:27 AM »

Lettuce project is going swell. I've dialed in my home system and can grow 120 heads at a time. I've begun the next phase of this project, the expansion. I rented a 12 yard dumpster and have spent the last three weekends cleaning out the basement of my parents' house. I'll be building a farm in their basement as well, which should bring total capacity to about 450 heads growing at a time, with the ability to harvest 90 heads a week. I've have nothing to pay off on either of my credit cards, and I'm hoping to carry that over to tax rebate season. I'm hoping to have a few thousand dollars I can allocate to some quality LEDs lights that would reduce my power consumption by roughly 55%.

The wheels are in motion.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #881 on: November 30, 2016, 05:47:50 AM »
If you had to date one of the Golden Girls, which would it be?

Let me rephrase.

If you were privileged enough to date on of the Golden Girls (assuming their age during the show) which would it be?

I don't know who the Golden Girls are.

Googling....

Going by the following image only, I'd say I'd date Betty White because of the money. Shameful, yes, but so be it. If the universe throws you a gift like that, you take it. If we're going one night stand, I'm going with the gal all the way to the left. She looks like she's got some freaky skeletons in her closet.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #882 on: November 30, 2016, 05:49:14 AM »

Lettuce project is going swell. I've dialed in my home system and can grow 120 heads at a time. I've begun the next phase of this project, the expansion. I rented a 12 yard dumpster and have spent the last three weekends cleaning out the basement of my parents' house. I'll be building a farm in their basement as well, which should bring total capacity to about 450 heads growing at a time, with the ability to harvest 90 heads a week. I've have nothing to pay off on either of my credit cards, and I'm hoping to carry that over to tax rebate season. I'm hoping to have a few thousand dollars I can allocate to some quality LEDs lights that would reduce my power consumption by roughly 55%.

That's awesome to hear Chino :tup

Are you selling any of it?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #883 on: November 30, 2016, 05:55:18 AM »

That's awesome to hear Chino :tup

Are you selling any of it?

I've been selling it here and there. I was able to make the final outdoor farmers' market in Litchfield CT before they went to their indoor location. At that time (third weekend in October), no one had any lettuce left. I walked up to one lady's stand with a crate of 20 heads, told her who I was and what I was looking to do, and she bought every one of them without hesitation. I'd love to set up a table indoor for the winter market, but I don't grow enough volume to justify the cost (farmer stand fees). Once I scale up a bit and cut my electric bill in half, I'll start selling full time.

Other than that, I sell 10 heads a week to a vegetarian (wife it too) in my office for $2.75 a head, and the rest  give away. Making a profit isn't my biggest concern at this point. Perfecting the growing conditions and having the ability to grow consistently from week to week is what I'm really focussed on. If that means losing money at this stage, so be it.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #884 on: November 30, 2016, 06:59:20 AM »
Brian.  I know you've met any DTF'ers since you've joined including myself.

When you meet others do you see their personality in person like how we write on this forum? 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #885 on: November 30, 2016, 07:04:28 AM »

When you meet others do you see their personality in person like how we write on this forum?

Sometimes. It might be different with some members these days because we've been friends on FB for years, but in the times before social media, blind perceptions were much different. I haven't met many, but when I met Barto and Stadler a few months back (who looked nothing like I pictured in my head) and we got to talking for awhile, I knew who I was talking to. If I met them and wasn't told which forum members they were, I think I could have guessed both of them pretty easily.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #886 on: November 30, 2016, 07:13:58 AM »
I've met quite a few and once you know who they are I've get the "Ah, yes!  Of course it's so and so".
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #887 on: November 30, 2016, 08:11:23 AM »

Sometimes. It might be different with some members these days because we've been friends on FB for years, but in the times before social media, blind perceptions were much different. I haven't met many, but when I met Barto and Stadler a few months back (who looked nothing like I pictured in my head) and we got to talking for awhile, I knew who I was talking to. If I met them and wasn't told which forum members they were, I think I could have guessed both of them pretty easily.

I've heard that Stadler is much better looking in person.  ;)

Favorite concert ever, and the one concert you seriously debated going to (maybe even had tickets) and bailed and now regret?

Favorite chef on The Food Network?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #888 on: November 30, 2016, 08:28:18 AM »

I've heard that Stadler is much better looking in person.  ;)

Favorite concert ever, and the one concert you seriously debated going to (maybe even had tickets) and bailed and now regret?

Favorite chef on The Food Network?

No objection there!

Favorite Concert: This is a tough one. I would say my favorite was the first time I saw the Trans Siberian Orchestra back in 2007. I'm a sucker for lasers, fire troughs, and orchestral arrangements written around guitar solos. Seeing SCORE filmed live is also way up there.

Concert I regret not going to: I actually don't think I have an answer for this. I can't think of any concert I intended/wanted to see that didn't end up happening. Though, I bought Victoria and I front row balcony tickets for Patton Oswald for his New Haven show a few weeks ago and we both completely forgot about it. I was pretty bummed about that.

Favorite chef on the Food Network: I don't know any chefs on that network  :-\ That being said, I really like Julia Collin Davison and Christopher Kimball as a duo on America's Test Kitchen, but my absolute favorite has to be Martin Yan from Yan Can Cook.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #889 on: November 30, 2016, 08:53:36 AM »
I'm sorry to rub it in, but that IS a bummer, given all Oswalt has been through, and his willingness to make that part of his art. 

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #890 on: November 30, 2016, 01:14:07 PM »
From what I've gathered, you have an addictive and shifting personality. You tend to get into something, and really delve into it, and then often shift focus to a new project. Is that a correct assessment?

Are there things you've done and worked on you'd like to revisit or do more in depth? Anything you'd like to try in the future.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #891 on: November 30, 2016, 01:25:36 PM »
Whatever happened to the cone?  Is it displayed in a prominent location in your home?  ;)

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #892 on: November 30, 2016, 01:53:31 PM »
From what I've gathered, you have an addictive and shifting personality. You tend to get into something, and really delve into it, and then often shift focus to a new project. Is that a correct assessment?

Are there things you've done and worked on you'd like to revisit or do more in depth? Anything you'd like to try in the future.

Damn man, nailed it. I'd say my personality is much more shifting than it is addictive. I've had short periods of substance abuse, but I'm not sure if I'd classify that as being addicted. For the most part, I was socially awkward, unsupervised kid in college trying to get laid and have a good time. If by addictive you mean rapidly getting obsessed with an idea at random, then yes. That describes me perfectly.

I love building things, real things, things with structure that require creativity on my end. I can draw pretty decently for someone who's never taken an art class, but I find it boring. I can code decently well, but have no desire to do that if I'm not getting paid. But building stuff, taking otherwise unrelated raw materials and creating something that functions and looks cool at the same time, that's what makes me happy. I'm in a good place when doing that kind of work. I tend to move on rather quickly because I do get bored of them, even if they are a success. RC truck building has been the only outlier there. I've been doing that hobby and those projects for the better part of 15 years, and my passion for it has only grown larger.

A couple of my random projects over the years;
- Broke down an old scooter and made a 43cc RC drag racer
- Putting various vegetation in glass containers isolated from an outside environment www.greeninglass.com
- I went through a trebuchet building phase. Not really sure why.
- The Hydroponic stuff
- Variety of homemade weapons that require compressed air or combustion chambers (think spud guns on steroids)
- Furniture
- Miniature log cabins without the use of power tools
- Many more I can't think of at this time.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #893 on: November 30, 2016, 01:54:20 PM »
Whatever happened to the cone?  Is it displayed in a prominent location in your home?  ;)

All that remains of that cone are the great memories shared here and the mini one sitting on my cubicle shelf that my SS gave me last year. Knowing cone lady, she's probably still up to her old ways.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #894 on: November 30, 2016, 04:53:40 PM »
From what I've gathered, you have an addictive and shifting personality. You tend to get into something, and really delve into it, and then often shift focus to a new project. Is

Have you watched this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #895 on: November 30, 2016, 07:50:48 PM »
From what I've gathered, you have an addictive and shifting personality. You tend to get into something, and really delve into it, and then often shift focus to a new project. Is

Have you watched this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss

That was awesome. Thanks for sharing  :tup

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #896 on: December 01, 2016, 08:55:00 AM »
I apologize if you already answered this, but when did you first fall in love with space/science/etc? When did you first start loving NDT?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #897 on: December 01, 2016, 10:24:10 AM »
I apologize if you already answered this, but when did you first fall in love with space/science/etc? When did you first start loving NDT?

Great question!

As far as science goes, I've always been a mechanically oriented person with strong problem solving skills. As a kid I'd experiment with everything around me. Though, I never put much thought into the 'science' element of my surroundings. I went to private schools from kindergarten through freshman year. Grades K-8 were all at the same catholic school that really did not like the way I went about asking questions or finding solutions. It caused a lot of problems that resulted in many parent/teacher conferences. I transferred into the public school system as a sophmore in highschool. It was the second or third biology class, and we learned about artificial selection and the peppered moth during the industrial revolution. The white moths that once dominated the forests fell short to the peppered colored moths once forests started getting covered in soot from all the factories. This gave the darker moth a competitive edge as the white moths that once blended in with birch trees now stuck out like sore thumbs to predators. I remember being very fascinated by this. The next class we talked about natural selection, a process that I never heard of until that point. My head exploded during that lesson. It's hard to describe, but it was the first thing in life that really captivated me. The idea of nature shaping all life forms' behaviors and appearance in an ongoing process of trial and error really got to me (in a good way). I remember going home, genuinely excited about what I had learned that day, and telling my father about it. He then told me about the show Cosmos. I torrented it and fell in love. It was like Carl Sagan was speaking to my soul and filling in all these gaps for questions in life that I wasn't even sure how to ask. Earth went from this thing I lived on to this incomprehensibly insignificant portion of the universe. The world became magical to me, virtually overnight. It was the ultimate high. 

As for NDT, my love for him has faded a bit. Not to sound like 'that guy', but I was following that man long before he was even known to as "that black science guy on The Daily Show". I still really like the dude, but his fame has changed him in a way. I don't look to him the same way I did Carl Sagan. Carl seemed humble at all times, wanting nothing more than to spread the language of science to anyone willing to listen. Maybe things would have been different with social media. I don't know. But online, in the the Twitterverse, NDT comes off pretty arrogant at times, and he seems to play off the fame a lot more than Carl did. I still like and respect the guy a lot, but he's not the Carl 2.0 I thought he was going to be.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #898 on: December 01, 2016, 11:29:56 AM »
Great story! That's awesome.

And I definitely agree with you about NDT. His presence on Twitter kind of puts him in a spot where he's preaching to the choir, so he comes across as really dismissive to people that'd really benefit from what he has to say.

Though I'd also say that's always been a bit of a part of him when I think back to all he said about Pluto back when that was a controversy. That's just his style I suppose.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #899 on: December 02, 2016, 06:03:01 AM »
And I definitely agree with you about NDT. His presence on Twitter kind of puts him in a spot where he's preaching to the choir, so he comes across as really dismissive to people that'd really benefit from what he has to say.

His twitter is why I don't like him as much as I used to.

Online Adami

« Reply #900 on: December 02, 2016, 10:32:43 PM »
If you could (naturally) have any accent (from earth), which would it be?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #901 on: December 02, 2016, 11:53:33 PM »

All that remains of that cone are the great memories shared here and the mini one sitting on my cubicle shelf that my SS gave me last year. Knowing cone lady, she's probably still up to her old ways.

:hat

Dear Chino,
If you were only allowed to eat one food for an entire year, what would it be? (You would not develop any nutritional deficiences based on your choice but would get fat if it was cake.)

Oh and what is your biggest fear?
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #902 on: December 05, 2016, 06:55:03 AM »

:hat

Dear Chino,
If you were only allowed to eat one food for an entire year, what would it be? (You would not develop any nutritional deficiences based on your choice but would get fat if it was cake.)

Oh and what is your biggest fear?

The food would depend if I'm allowed to do anything to it. If I could cook chicken in different ways, I'd probably go with that just because of its versatility. If no modification was allowed... that's a tough one. Maybe belgian waffles.

Biggest fear is having life go totally south and end up as a 50 year old with absolutely nothing.

Offline Tomislav95

Re: The Ask Adami Thread
« Reply #903 on: December 06, 2016, 06:54:47 AM »
Ask Adami this week.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #904 on: December 06, 2016, 06:57:03 AM »
Dear Mr. Adami

You're placed on a standard playground and have to fight a wave of second graders. You're allowed a backpack and nothing else. The children have no weapons. How many of those little shits do you think you could fight at once before they overpowered you?

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #905 on: December 06, 2016, 11:33:06 AM »
Jew?
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #906 on: December 06, 2016, 11:40:43 AM »
Adami.  I've listened to your music over the years.  Do you find that you are influence but the styles of the time or certain style you love?  IE: Electronica, writing style, ect..

Also I know you are a big Comic book fan.  What are some of your favorite characters?

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #907 on: December 06, 2016, 11:54:23 AM »
Do you prefer current hefdaddy42 or 2007 deity-era hefdaddy42?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #908 on: December 06, 2016, 12:06:10 PM »
You're placed on a standard playground and have to fight a wave of second graders. You're allowed a backpack and nothing else. The children have no weapons. How many of those little shits do you think you could fight at once before they overpowered you?

:lol
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online Adami

« Reply #909 on: December 06, 2016, 06:02:16 PM »
Dear Mr. Adami

There are literally not enough 2nd graders to satisfy my unquenchable thirst for 2nd grader blood.
fanticide.bandcamp.com