Author Topic: The Ask twosuitsluke Thread  (Read 109976 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The Ask Prog Snob Thread
« Reply #490 on: September 06, 2016, 07:41:16 PM »
Those are great questions! Where were you last week?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #491 on: September 06, 2016, 07:43:24 PM »

Insert mom joke here.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #492 on: September 07, 2016, 05:28:27 AM »
What are the things that stand between you and complete happiness?

If you could send a message to the entire world, what would you say in 30 seconds?

If today was the last day of your life, what would you want to do?

If you could ask a single person one question, and they had to answer truthfully, who and what would you ask?

Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of? What’s stopping you?

As of late, it's myself and my inability to trust after the last couple of relationships I was in.

Keep calm and listen to prog.  ;)

I would spend it with my daughter. There's no reason to even think of anything else.

I would ask the Pope the truth about Jesus, whether he is real or just another example of a religion's savior mythology. He wasn't the first, you know?

I'm holding on to my last relationship. Not by choice. It's not a conscious effort. I'm quite fine normally, but then I see something or hear something that reminds me of her and my nerves fall apart. A quick example. She left her blanket at my house. For the longest time I kept it in the closet because I couldn't bring myself to use it. One night it was getting really cold and didn't want to take the blanket off the bed so I grabbed her blanket and used that instead. I had the most vivid and lucid dream of her that night, so much so that when I woke up I felt like she had just left my home. It was the first dream I had of her after she left. Things like that are unsettling.

I was home with my daughter all week. We went to a couple of places locally, like the park and whatnot. She could spend hours on a swing, but usually won't go near anything else.

Insert mom joke here.

:lol

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #493 on: September 07, 2016, 09:27:05 AM »
Mandingo or Lex?
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #494 on: September 07, 2016, 12:07:32 PM »
Mandingo or Lex?

I haven't seen any of their videos.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #495 on: September 07, 2016, 11:40:08 PM »
Don't know if this was already asked:

Do you play an instrument? If not, which instrument would you like to play? And why?

With which musician would you like to jam and which musician would you like to give you lessons? And why?

Are there any other famous people you would like to meet? And what would you do then?
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #496 on: September 07, 2016, 11:43:06 PM »
If you could have a different first name, what would it be?

Scenario: You find an awesome girl online and really get excited about your prospects, you guys got a lot in common etc. You decide to meet for a pizza date  and she uses a fork/knife on her pizza......how do you end things?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #497 on: September 08, 2016, 05:40:46 AM »
Don't know if this was already asked:

Do you play an instrument? If not, which instrument would you like to play? And why?

With which musician would you like to jam and which musician would you like to give you lessons? And why?

Are there any other famous people you would like to meet? And what would you do then?

I have been playing guitar for about 30 years, though I don't play as much as I used to. I would love to learn the piano and violin. However, to keep paying my bills on time I've been playing the skin flute a lot lately.

Petrucci and Rudess. Do you really need to ask why?  ;)  Besides them, I totally admire Neal Morse and would love the chance to have a conversation with him. Whether it's about music, religion, or whatever, I would be totally humbled by his presence.

Well, the lovely lady in my sig would be at the top of my "to meet" list. She responded to one of my Instagram posts. Granted I tagged her in it, but still.  :lol  If it were to happen, I would figure out exactly what intrigues her and show her NYC based on that.

If you could have a different first name, what would it be?

Scenario: You find an awesome girl online and really get excited about your prospects, you guys got a lot in common etc. You decide to meet for a pizza date  and she uses a fork/knife on her pizza......how do you end things?

It would be Giovanni, after my great-grandfather.

:lol  If everything else was going well, I wouldn't end it, though I would teach her the proper way to hold a pizza. I do my best not to make my life a Seinfeld episode.  ;)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #498 on: September 08, 2016, 06:14:06 AM »
Snob, how old were you when you recorded this?

How did you decide on Tony as a stage name?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #499 on: September 08, 2016, 06:16:31 AM »

Like all Italians, we were named Tony because on our way to America we were wearing hats that said TO NY.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #500 on: September 09, 2016, 12:22:44 PM »
John.  Pepperoni or Sausage on your pizza?

Actually, I was just thinking about pizza toppings some more. I love jalapenos on my pizza.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #501 on: September 09, 2016, 02:12:40 PM »
Are there uncontacted indigenous tribes living in the tunnels under NYC?
Are there parts of the tunnel system you've never been to?
What's the coolest thing under NYC?
Ever found any dead bodies?
Close calls with becoming one yourself?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #502 on: September 09, 2016, 02:14:28 PM »
Late questions for TAC:

Is there any reason for rearranging a grocery store every 4 years other than to keep the customers confused and disoriented?
My first job was in inventory and I still see CHARLESTON on every keypad. Similar phenomenon with you?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #503 on: September 09, 2016, 03:35:39 PM »
Late questions for TAC:

Is there any reason for rearranging a grocery store every 4 years other than to keep the customers confused and disoriented?
My first job was in inventory and I still see CHARLESTON on every keypad. Similar phenomenon with you?
I'm not sure I get the keypad question..

As far as rearranging the store. It really doesn't happen as much as one would think.
But let me say this. Grocery store chains are bought and sold constantly. Sometimes each chain wants things in a certain order.

Unless a store is going through a remodel, it's pretty rare to reset the store, or move total sections from one aisle to another. When I got to my current store almost three years ago, it was clear to me that some sections were way under exposed and others were over exposed. I walked with Leadership and made some recommendations. They agreed and some sections did jump aisles. But generally that's pretty rare.

What does happen constantly is that different sections get reset. So for instance, this week, the cereal aisle may get reset. Next week, the candy section gets it. It is to cut in new items (which flow in constantly), and when the reset team is done, these sections can look completely different. Problem is, when one item gets cut in, another gets cut out. That's where a lot of the customer frustration comes from, by discontinuing their favorite oatmeal.

My company dedicates almost an entire aisle to run Good Thru Labor Day, Good Thru New Years, etc... promotions. So every 4 months, I have to swap out 40 feet of product. That confuses people too.

What you learn is that it is all a Real Estate business. Vendors pay tons of cash for everything from slotting fees in the warehouse, to shelf placement in the store.

But EVERYDAY I hear "Where's the _____? You keep moving things around!", and I think, no, nothing has moved in two years!

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #504 on: September 09, 2016, 03:56:54 PM »
Late questions for TAC:

I'm not sure I get the keypad question..

As far as rearranging the store. It really doesn't happen as much as one would think.
But let me say this. Grocery store chains are bought and sold constantly. Sometimes each chain wants things in a certain order.

Unless a store is going through a remodel, it's pretty rare to reset the store, or move total sections from one aisle to another. When I got to my current store almost three years ago, it was clear to me that some sections were way under exposed and others were over exposed. I walked with Leadership and made some recommendations. They agreed and some sections did jump aisles. But generally that's pretty rare.

What does happen constantly is that different sections get reset. So for instance, this week, the cereal aisle may get reset. Next week, the candy section gets it. It is to cut in new items (which flow in constantly), and when the reset team is done, these sections can look completely different. Problem is, when one item gets cut in, another gets cut out. That's where a lot of the customer frustration comes from, by discontinuing their favorite oatmeal.

My company dedicates almost an entire aisle to run Good Thru Labor Day, Good Thru New Years, etc... promotions. So every 4 months, I have to swap out 40 feet of product. That confuses people too.

What you learn is that it is all a Real Estate business. Vendors pay tons of cash for everything from slotting fees in the warehouse, to shelf placement in the store.

But EVERYDAY I hear "Where's the _____? You keep moving things around!", and I think, no, nothing has moved in two years!
Not sure if cost codes were before your time (which seems unlikely) or if they might be a regional thing. For the drug side of a store down here there would always be a code on the tag reflecting the cost. CHARLESTON (or one of a dozen other words) would be overlaid on a keypad, so when you saw AHO you knew the cost was 3.29. Though, now that I think about it I inventoried stores in Penn and they had the same codes.

And my local Tom thumb remodels the store every 4 or 5 years. Though the idea that some vendors would pay top dollar for a particular end cap makes a lot of sense. Like the naming rights or a stadium, that gets renamed every 6 years.

Anyhoo, back to PS.
E.F. Benson

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #505 on: September 09, 2016, 07:34:10 PM »
Are there uncontacted indigenous tribes living in the tunnels under NYC?
Are there parts of the tunnel system you've never been to?
What's the coolest thing under NYC?
Ever found any dead bodies?
Close calls with becoming one yourself?

There are supposedly some groups of people living underground. I haven't seen them yet.

There are plenty of tunnels in which I haven't been yet. There are hundreds of miles of track, that doesn't include corridors, hidden hallways, abandoned stations, etc.

Up until 10 years ago, there was the MTA money train that would carry the revenue to underground offices and be sorted and counted. They closed it down, though, and now the revenue is brought to some place in Maspeth, Queens. Other than that, I really can't think of one specific thing that's cool. I love walking through the abandoned tunnels. There are some areas that are off limits which means I'm trying to figure out a way in.

I came across a dead homeless man once.

No close calls yet.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #506 on: September 10, 2016, 11:06:34 AM »
There are plenty of tunnels in which I haven't been yet. There are hundreds of miles of track, that doesn't include corridors, hidden hallways, abandoned stations, etc.
Are any of the abandoned stations particularly interesting? Like cool stuff from antiquity, or are they just typical NYC subway stops that fell into disuse?

And your pulse rate when you called it in?
E.F. Benson

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #507 on: September 10, 2016, 01:52:17 PM »
Are any of the abandoned stations particularly interesting? Like cool stuff from antiquity, or are they just typical NYC subway stops that fell into disuse?

And your pulse rate when you called it in?

The most famous one is the abandoned City Hall station at the south end of the 6 line. However, there are so many abandoned places in the system for various reasons. Everything from lack of necessity to upgrades in other areas of the system. Here's an interesting article about some of the abandoned stations. Actually, that whole website has a wealth of information about subways and other explorable intrigues. https://untappedcities.com/2013/08/13/7-nyc-abandoned-subway-stations-city-hall-18th-street-worth-myrtle/

I didn't make the call. There was someone else with me who did. I was the one who inspected him to make sure he was dead.

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
  • Death is only the beginning......
« Reply #508 on: September 10, 2016, 04:36:08 PM »
1) Octavarium or A Change of Seasons?
2) JP's Best of Times solo, 8vm solo, ITPOE solo, or Under a glass moon solo?
3) Favorite album? Least favorite?
4) Favorite instrumental?
5) Greatest fear?
"Suicide sometimes proceeds from cowardice, but not always; for cowardice sometimes prevents it; since as many live because they are afraid to die, as die because they are afraid to live."
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #509 on: September 10, 2016, 07:18:11 PM »
1) Octavarium or A Change of Seasons?
2) JP's Best of Times solo, 8vm solo, ITPOE solo, or Under a glass moon solo?
3) Favorite album? Least favorite?
4) Favorite instrumental?
5) Greatest fear?

A Change of Seasons
Best of Times
Images and Words, When Dream and Day Unite or Falling Into Infinity
Dance of Eternity
I'm extremely acrophobic, like beyond all rationality.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #510 on: September 10, 2016, 07:38:05 PM »
I'm extremely acrophobic, like beyond all rationality.

I work for a place that could help you with that :) It's expensive as hell and in Los Angeles. Up for it?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #511 on: September 10, 2016, 08:10:04 PM »
Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it but it's not possible right now.

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
  • Death is only the beginning......
« Reply #512 on: September 11, 2016, 11:43:45 AM »
Thanks for answering. :)
Hope you don't mind me asking all these questions.

1. What’s your philosophy in life?
2. Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
3. If you are in a bad mood, do you prefer to be left alone or have someone to cheer you up?
4. What’s the one thing that people always misunderstand about you?
5. Do you have a personal mission statement?
6. How do you express your gratitude for good things and people you have in your life?
7. How do you react when you encounter a homeless person?
8. What is your favorite quote?
9. Do you believe in forgiving others for wronging you every single time?
10. What inspires you?

Sorry for all these questions and thanks. :)
"Suicide sometimes proceeds from cowardice, but not always; for cowardice sometimes prevents it; since as many live because they are afraid to die, as die because they are afraid to live."
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #513 on: September 11, 2016, 12:39:44 PM »
Thanks for answering. :)
Hope you don't mind me asking all these questions.

1. What’s your philosophy in life?
2. Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
3. If you are in a bad mood, do you prefer to be left alone or have someone to cheer you up?
4. What’s the one thing that people always misunderstand about you?
5. Do you have a personal mission statement?
6. How do you express your gratitude for good things and people you have in your life?
7. How do you react when you encounter a homeless person?
8. What is your favorite quote?
9. Do you believe in forgiving others for wronging you every single time?
10. What inspires you?

Sorry for all these questions and thanks. :)

Not at all. Ask whatever you want. I have no secrets.

1. "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”  - Tolkien
2. I'm exceedingly introverted.
3. Left alone
4. That just because I'm quiet and usually keep to myself in large groups doesn't make me rude or arrogant. It's just my social anxiety.
5. I never sat down to think about one.
6. I actually feel really awkward when people help me or compliment me or give me things. I usually tense up and just say thank you a million times.
7. I encounter homeless people on a daily basis. As much as I hate to say I've become so used to it that sometimes it doesn't faze me, it's sometimes the cruel truth of it all. However, there are times when I'll throw them a dollar or a bottle of water if I happen to have one on me. However, one morning this happened:

I boarded the A train earlier today and surprisingly found three or four open seats. As I sat down, I suddenly realized why as I caught the odor of a sickly looking man a few seats over. Obviously people were avoiding sitting near him. Partly for the odor and probably because they thought he was some homeless crazy. I saw him making hand motions out of the corner of my eye and noticed him scratching his leg. When I took a closer look at his leg, there was obviously some kind of infection as there was a hole the size of a dime through his layers of skin.

I sat for a bit as people who were anywhere near him took their first chance to find a seat at the other end of the subway car. I had every opportunity to do the same but a part of me felt bad about doing so and I sat their reading. I was distracted though and reached into my bag and pulled out the sandwich I had made for myself and offered it to him. He responded, "You keep it. I only have a few days left anyway." I said, "Then you should enjoy whatever time you have left as best you can. Take the sandwich and enjoy it. You need it far more than I do." He took it from me and I saw a tear form in his eye. What I then saw in him was the innocence of the young child he once was, laughing and playing, and filled with dreams of the future, now sitting on a Manhattan subway car on a cold winters day counting down his last hours in this world.

8. I don't want to cheat and use the Tolkien quote again, so I'll come up with another. I actually love the last verse in Illumination Theory. It sums up life in so many ways. Don't take the words at face value. They go far deeper than they appear.

To really feel the joy in life
You must suffer through the pain
When you surrender to the light
You can face the darkest days

If you open up your eyes
And you put your trust in love
On those cold and endless nights
You will never be alone

Passion glows within your heart
Like a furnace burning bright
Until you struggle through the dark
You'll never know that you're alive

9. I have a hard time forgiving those who have wronged me in certain ways. I really really hate being lied to, like more than you could ever think. It's such a low form of human interaction, to deceive someone with such apathy that you can blatantly look them in the eyes and say something you know isn't true. I think it's because I don't trust so easily anymore, so if someone is going to remind me why, then I feel like I can't be bothered with them. I don't mean little white lies either. I mean like that girl who tore my fucking heart out. See, not only did she pick up and leave me, my daughter kept asking for her as well. She kept asking, "Where's Natalie and Shannen?" Shannen is Natalie's daughter. Now, how do I explain to my special needs child that they aren't coming back anymore? All I could say was that they aren't coming over anymore. I don't know how well she processed it, but she looked almost confused and upset. You know what that does to a man, to see his daughter trying so hard to communicate and understand, but all you see is hurt and confusion in her eyes. Okay, I'm going to stop now. Anyways...sorry for the digression.

10. Knowing that I only feel comfortable when my daughter is around me. Not that her mother is a bad mother, but I can't function the same, wondering if she's getting the attention she deserves and needs. So, when that girl tore my heart out and I wanted to become a professional alcoholic to numb the pain, I couldn't, because I know there's a six year old girl who needs me at my best. That's all the inspiration a man needs.

By the way, here she is a few years ago in the A Dramatic Turn of Events shirt my best friend bought for her.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #514 on: September 11, 2016, 03:12:13 PM »
Wow. Your story about the homeless guy. Good on you mate, for doing something to make a difference.  :tup

I also find that last verse in IT very moving. I love it when music and lyrics come together to hit you emotionally like that.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #515 on: September 11, 2016, 04:38:52 PM »
Wow. Your story about the homeless guy. Good on you mate, for doing something to make a difference.  :tup
Yeah, so sad.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #516 on: September 11, 2016, 04:50:56 PM »

I also find that last verse in IT very moving. I love it when music and lyrics come together to hit you emotionally like that.

Thanks. I usually try and keep a bottle of water with me just in case I come across someone who needs it. People like that, they humble you because they are so gracious over the things that we take for granted. If it takes so little to brighten their day, what does it say about us? I suppose this is a philosophical question. Does it make us selfish to worry about whether we need a car wash or if our favorite team is going to win the big game, or are we allowed some line of absolution where it's okay to want certain things? I don't know.

Yeah, so sad.

Unfortunately, people like that are everywhere in the city.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #517 on: September 11, 2016, 05:07:36 PM »
Prog Snob your daughter is beautiful. And that story about the homeless man is great. As someone who traverses the NYC subway system on a daily basis, I find it impossible to pay mind to every homeless person you come across and still function under a normal daily routine. You become inured to it.

Boy Scar, those are some tough introspective questions.  It's much easier to go through life as a hardened asshole care free cold hearted bastard than to dig deep and face up to those questions!  :lol
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #518 on: September 11, 2016, 05:18:58 PM »
Prog Snob your daughter is beautiful. And that story about the homeless man is great. As someone who traverses the NYC subway system on a daily basis, I find it impossible to pay mind to every homeless person you come across and still function under a normal daily routine. You become inured to it.

Boy Scar, those are some tough introspective questions.  It's much easier to go through life as a hardened asshole care free cold hearted bastard than to dig deep and face up to those questions!  :lol

Thank you!

Inured is a perfect way to describe always seeing homeless people.

Unfortunately, I'm incapable of being so cold-hearted. I'm an exceedingly receptive empath so sometimes I have no control over things.

Offline Tomislav95

Re: The Ask chknptpie Thread
« Reply #519 on: September 12, 2016, 07:25:42 AM »
It's ask chknptpie week!
What does your nick mean?
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #520 on: September 12, 2016, 07:34:19 AM »
Do you prefer beef or turkey pot pie to chicken?

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #521 on: September 12, 2016, 08:23:24 AM »
Do you prefer beef or turkey pot pie to chicken?

As a follow up question: Ketchup or virgin?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #522 on: September 12, 2016, 08:24:07 AM »
If you put ketchup on a chicken pot pie, you deserve to be a virgin.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #523 on: September 12, 2016, 08:33:16 AM »

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #524 on: September 12, 2016, 09:11:55 AM »
Ha I figured the first questions would be about the name. It actually stems from an episode of Just Shoot Me with Slow Donnie (David Cross). He is pretending to be "slow" and one of his lines is "chicken pot chicken pot chicken pot pie".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMpTqa8iICs

However - I also love eating pot pies. My real preference would be beef pot pie. I've never put ketchup on a pot pie... that seems strange. Is this a Canadian thing?