Author Topic: The Ask twosuitsluke Thread  (Read 109959 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The Ask ReaperKK Thread
« Reply #385 on: August 23, 2016, 08:27:09 AM »
Well that makes sense.
That's amazing!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #386 on: August 24, 2016, 07:29:03 PM »
RKK, since this is a music forum, what are:

1. Top 5 or 10 bands
2. Top 5 or 10 albums
3. First 3 concerts you attended.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #387 on: August 24, 2016, 09:12:00 PM »
What is your Myers-Briggs personality, if you know it?

If you had the resources to start a hobby under the condition you could not profit from later (to avoid ones that would be investment hobbies like stamp collecting, but if you legitimately like it, you wouldn't sell it) what would it be? 

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #388 on: August 25, 2016, 11:08:29 AM »
RKK, since this is a music forum, what are:

1. Top 5 or 10 bands
2. Top 5 or 10 albums
3. First 3 concerts you attended.

Alright here we go:

- Dredg
 - Kaki King
 - Incubus
 - Michael Kelsey (seriously this guy is awesome https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frwsaK14o5U , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlIjEtHSCKk )
 - Pink Floyd
 - Fair To Midland
 - Porcupine Tree

- Dreaming of Revenge and Glow by Kaki King
 - El Cielo and Catch Without Arms by Dredg
 - Arrows & Anchors by Fair To Midland
 - Group Therapy by Above & Beyond
 - Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd

3. Alright lets see how good my memory is. First show was Dream Theater with Queensryche during their summer tour right before ToT was released in Tampa. It was an awesome show. Then I believe I went to a KoRn show with Disturbed. I can't remember the first opening band but KoRn and Disturbed were pretty good. I swear I went to some other show after that but I can't remember :lol so the show after that was the Gigantour. I went for DT and they killed it. It was in a hockey arena so the sound was pretty aweful.

What is your Myers-Briggs personality, if you know it?

If you had the resources to start a hobby under the condition you could not profit from later (to avoid ones that would be investment hobbies like stamp collecting, but if you legitimately like it, you wouldn't sell it) what would it be? 

I took an online test a while ago so I don't know how accurate this is but ENFJ-A

Well I currently play guitar and I've always wanted to code a game. I do both now but I rarely have time to give serious commitment to it. If i had enough money to never work I'd play guitar and just code even if I never sold an album or sold a video game

I'd also learn how to kite surf :lol
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 11:27:58 AM by ReaperKK »

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #389 on: August 26, 2016, 03:26:17 PM »
I went to a KoRn show with Disturbed. I can't remember the first opening band

Trust Company. They had an almost-hit called Downfall. Then they had a failure of a followup single. Then they died cuz their singer's live voice was thinner than miso soup at a place that sells dollar sushi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hbXw086o14
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #390 on: August 26, 2016, 04:06:45 PM »
Oh yea!!!!! Trust Company!!! All I remember is the singer said fuck every other word. "How are you fucking guys doing? We're fucking glad to be here and play some fucking music for you fucking guys. Are you fucking ready? I said are you FUCKING ready?!??!"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #391 on: August 26, 2016, 04:07:23 PM »
Can't stand people like that.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #392 on: August 26, 2016, 04:09:39 PM »
I hate that too.

RKK, if you could go back in a time machine, what deceased rock star (or band) would you most want to see live?

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #393 on: August 26, 2016, 04:50:43 PM »
Oh yea!!!!! Trust Company!!! All I remember is the singer said fuck every other word. "How are you fucking guys doing? We're fucking glad to be here and play some fucking music for you fucking guys. Are you fucking ready? I said are you FUCKING ready?!??!"

I saw that tour about 2 weeks before that Conan appearance. David Draiman is a vocal god live. I'd love to see him in a band with other musicians of his talent level. Disturbed is fun but he'd fucking go off in a full-blown metal band with virtuosity and epic dynamics.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #394 on: August 26, 2016, 05:40:13 PM »
RKK, if you could go back in a time machine, what deceased rock star (or band) would you most want to see live?

Not sure if this counts but I always wished I could see Pink Floyd on the PULSE tour which is clearly not going to happen.

I'd probably go with the original line up of Led Zeppelin, it always seemed like such an experience to see them live.

I saw that tour about 2 weeks before that Conan appearance. David Draiman is a vocal god live. I'd love to see him in a band with other musicians of his talent level. Disturbed is fun but he'd fucking go off in a full-blown metal band with virtuosity and epic dynamics.

I'm passing fan of Disturbed but he was the star of the show that night. I haven't heard much from Disturbed at that point but his voice in the arena setting was godly.

Offline Tomislav95

Re: The Ask TAC Thread
« Reply #395 on: August 29, 2016, 04:49:22 AM »
TAC, it's time to hear how you discovered DT :corn
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #396 on: August 29, 2016, 05:09:06 AM »
TAC, does TAC mean anything?
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #397 on: August 29, 2016, 05:11:16 AM »
I know it's almost impossible to answer this briefly as the list is endless , but try and be concise.

What is it that makes Winger such a brilliant band?
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #398 on: August 29, 2016, 05:56:36 AM »

Fuck you read my mind.  Came to also ask a Winger related question.

What Brent asked, plus, what makes Kip such a sexy sexy man?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #399 on: August 29, 2016, 06:44:04 AM »

This!

Also, top 3 bands, albums, and live shows.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #400 on: August 29, 2016, 08:15:46 AM »
TAC:

1.  What's your favorite prog band (not prog-metal)?
2.  What other genre(s) of music do you listen to besides hard rock and metal?
3.  What are your 3 favorite movies?
4.  What are your 3 favorite books?
5.  What are 3 things on your bucket list?
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #401 on: August 29, 2016, 09:37:50 AM »
TAC, does TAC mean anything?

TAC is my initials. My first name is Tim.
The preferable pronunciation is  "tack" and not the letters T-A-C.  :)

When I get home from work I'll update the thread.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #402 on: August 29, 2016, 09:40:14 AM »
What is your favourite food?
If given unlimited money and four weeks time, where would you go and what would you do there?
Do you play an instrument? If not, which instrument would you start learning if you had to learn one?
How many of the fifty states of the US have you visited?
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #403 on: August 29, 2016, 12:31:31 PM »

OK..So on June 8, 1992, I went to see Iron Maiden at The Ritz in NYC. We got there early to get up close to the stage. That meant having to stand there through some no name local band, but oh well, it's Iron Maiden. That no name local band was Dream Theater. After 30 seconds in, I knew I had just stumbled on my new favorite band. I&W came out a week or so later and that was that. I would see them 3 more times on the I&W tour when they came to Boston.

My avatar is the marguee from the Ritz. I took this photo.

So where I drew the parallel to RKK, was that I had also sampled some of WDADU. In college I did a heavy metal show every Sunday night. One night in 1989 (I graduated college in 1990) I stumbled upon an interesting album in the new album bin. It was by a band called Dream Theater, which I thought was an awesome name for a band. While I was playing a longer song on air, I put WDADU on the other turntable "in cue" and dropped the needle in a few different spots. Now  "in cue" is like bad mono in terms of quality, so the drums sounded cool, but it was the keys, and not the guitars that came through. I just thought it sounded kind of artsy. Plus the front cover was queer, and the band picture was umm..queerer. So I put it back and the episode was soon erased from my consciousness.

Flash forward to late '93/early '94. I had Live At The Marquee, and I was aware that Dream Theater did have an earlier album with a different singer. I finally got around to ordering it, so when it was delivered, I thought the cover was vaguely familiar, but I couldn't place it.
Then it hit me... :omg:
THIS was the album I had sample 4 years earlier!!!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 01:08:56 PM by TAC »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #404 on: August 29, 2016, 12:48:19 PM »
TAC:

1.  What's your favorite prog band (not prog-metal)?
2.  What other genre(s) of music do you listen to besides hard rock and metal?
3.  What are your 3 favorite movies?
4.  What are your 3 favorite books?
5.  What are 3 things on your bucket list?

1. I don't really have one. I wish I liked Yes, but the vocals and keys are way too loopy for me. I love Animals and WYWH, but I don't in any way consider my self a Pink Floyd fan. I really don't care for bands like Enchant.

2. None! :lol I actually love the old 70's live albums by bands like Lynyrd Skynynrd, Bob Seger, that kind of thing. I do enjoy Classic Rock, but mostly because it takes me back to my childhood. But I do not do Electronica, Growls, Bubble Gum Pop. No chance. Classical music truly all sounds the same, even though I took a course in it in college. But I will say, that other than the above genres, I can appreciate anything played live.

3. Favorite movies:
a. River's Edge
b. A Clockwork Orange
c. Easy Money

4. Favorite books:
a. The Killer Angels-Michael Shaara
b. Gross Misconduct- Russ Conway(Gord, you'd like this. It's about the take down of Alan Eagleson)
c. Crossing The Line-Derek Sanderson
d. Four Brothers In Blue-Robert Carter

a. I would like to visit Kansas City, which is where I was born
b. I would love to see Tokyo and Sydney, Australia
c. Gord, as you know, the most important thing I need to accomplish is to make sure my son is taken care of after my wife and I are gone.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #405 on: August 29, 2016, 12:57:46 PM »
Also, top 3 bands, albums, and live shows.

Dream Theater
Iron Maiden
UFO

Dream Theater-Images And Words
UFO-Strangers In The Night
Iron Maiden-The Number Of The Beast

The best live band I've ever seen is Iron Maiden. My Top 3 Maiden shows are:
3-30-87 Providence
7-18-99 Boston
6-8-92 NYC (w/ Dream Theater!!)

Alice Cooper 11-19-86

Saw Metallica 5 times on the Justice tour. An amazing show.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #406 on: August 29, 2016, 01:07:52 PM »
What is your favourite food?
If given unlimited money and four weeks time, where would you go and what would you do there?
Do you play an instrument? If not, which instrument would you start learning if you had to learn one?
How many of the fifty states of the US have you visited?

My favorite food is my wife's Chicken Parm.

I would make my trip to Japan and Australia. Hit the major cites, and explore some countryside. I'd sample the beers. We always try and find a brewery where ever we go.

I play the drums. Well, I haven't really played in earnest in quite a while. I have a nice set in my basement. It makes too much noise in my house. But it's always a hit whenever we have people over, especially kids. I cannot do double bass, even though I have a double bass pedal on my set.

My feet have touched ground in 31 states. 32 if you count DC. Of course, some of them we drove thru and stopped to piss!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #407 on: August 29, 2016, 01:15:49 PM »

Fuck you read my mind.  Came to also ask a Winger related question.

What Brent asked, plus, what makes Kip such a sexy sexy man?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #408 on: August 29, 2016, 03:27:57 PM »
Time, how did you and the Mrs. meet?

Was she into music like you were?

What is another passion of yours that is not music?

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #409 on: August 29, 2016, 03:36:50 PM »
She shopped in a store I worked at.

She had given me a couple of big smiles and I had her pegged on coming in the following Saturday. I remember getting a haircut the night before. At work the next day, I told a friend of mine at work that I was going to ask out the best looking girl to walk in here today.

...and that was that!

She does like music, and had actually sang in a band in her early 20's with her cousin. She is still really close with this cousin and he's a music maniac, so we've gotten along great. She loves Pat Benatar, Journey, but her all time favorite is Queen. She loves Freddie Mercury.

I've probably read over 30 books on the Civil War, with more than half about Gettysburgh.

My first name is Tim.

:lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #410 on: August 29, 2016, 03:48:18 PM »
Tim, Time, it's all the same! :lol

Hey, I've gone to a progressive rock festival in Gettysburg the last 2 years.  It's it unreal to see the fields and monuments there.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #411 on: August 29, 2016, 03:53:18 PM »
Yeah, it sure is. I remember going there for my 7th grade summer, and ended up doing my 8th Grade Social Studies report on it. We've taken our kids there twice already.
The whole narrative of the battle is incredible, especially when you consider how many men were in such a small area. It's mind boggling and so tragic.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #412 on: August 29, 2016, 04:04:13 PM »
So many regimens like you said cramped in those fields. I love doing the driving tour.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #413 on: August 30, 2016, 07:45:45 AM »

OK..So on June 8, 1992, I went to see Iron Maiden at The Ritz in NYC. We got there early to get up close to the stage. That meant having to stand there through some no name local band, but oh well, it's Iron Maiden. That no name local band was Dream Theater. After 30 seconds in, I knew I had just stumbled on my new favorite band. I&W came out a week or so later and that was that. I would see them 3 more times on the I&W tour when they came to Boston.

My avatar is the marguee from the Ritz. I took this photo.

So where I drew the parallel to RKK, was that I had also sampled some of WDADU. In college I did a heavy metal show every Sunday night. One night in 1989 (I graduated college in 1990) I stumbled upon an interesting album in the new album bin. It was by a band called Dream Theater, which I thought was an awesome name for a band. While I was playing a longer song on air, I put WDADU on the other turntable "in cue" and dropped the needle in a few different spots. Now  "in cue" is like bad mono in terms of quality, so the drums sounded cool, but it was the keys, and not the guitars that came through. I just thought it sounded kind of artsy. Plus the front cover was queer, and the band picture was umm..queerer. So I put it back and the episode was soon erased from my consciousness.

Flash forward to late '93/early '94. I had Live At The Marquee, and I was aware that Dream Theater did have an earlier album with a different singer. I finally got around to ordering it, so when it was delivered, I thought the cover was vaguely familiar, but I couldn't place it.
Then it hit me... :omg:
THIS was the album I had sample 4 years earlier!!!

She shopped in a store I worked at.

She had given me a couple of big smiles and I had her pegged on coming in the following Saturday. I remember getting a haircut the night before. At work the next day, I told a friend of mine at work that I was going to ask out the best looking girl to walk in here today.

...and that was that!

She does like music, and had actually sang in a band in her early 20's with her cousin. She is still really close with this cousin and he's a music maniac, so we've gotten along great. She loves Pat Benatar, Journey, but her all time favorite is Queen. She loves Freddie Mercury.

I've probably read over 30 books on the Civil War, with more than half about Gettysburgh.

My first name is Tim.

:lol

Even though I've heard these before I never get tired of them.  Great stories.  Serendipity now!
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #414 on: August 30, 2016, 07:48:54 AM »

Give him time Tim - he'll get there.

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #415 on: August 30, 2016, 08:16:23 AM »
Even though I've heard these before I never get tired of them.  Great stories.  Serendipity now!

Thanks, and even meeting my wife was similar to discovering DT.
I was married before, and I remember seeing my current wife in the store. She was very attractive, and looked a little like one of my first wife's college roommates. I remember coming home one day and saying that I had seen a girl at the store that looked just like so and so but was much better looking. I remember doing this twice and my wife was like WTF?? Anyway, I never saw this girl again anyway, and I wasn't the kind of guy that would've done anything bad anyway, so I forgot about it altogether.

Flash forward a couple of years later. I was divorced and I went to my current wife's house for the first time. Now she wasn't a regular shopper, but on the fridge was a picture of THAT girl and a little boy, and I was like  :omg: you're HER??
Apparently her hair was way different than it was a couple of years earlier.

We had a salesman at the house a couple of years ago. We introduced ourselves to each other and then he went into his spiel. After, he started his paperwork, and he goes, "Now how do you spell your first name?".
I was like WTF?!? "It's T-I-M".
True story.
Asshole!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #416 on: August 30, 2016, 11:41:47 AM »

Some call me.....Tim?

Oh great and mighty Tim!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #417 on: August 30, 2016, 11:55:31 AM »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #418 on: August 30, 2016, 11:56:45 AM »
What is that from?

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #419 on: August 30, 2016, 11:59:05 AM »
Monty Python And The Holy Grail
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.