Author Topic: The Ask twosuitsluke Thread  (Read 109982 times)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: The Ask black_floyd Thread
« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2016, 09:19:47 PM »
Good reference  :laugh:
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2016, 10:40:46 PM »
Ok Floyd.... what do you want me to cook for you?

• DT.net Member
« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2016, 11:49:02 PM »
Ossobucco with smoked gouda risotto and peanut butter fudge for dessert.

Now I'll ask you what you would cook for me?

Also, you'll get a kick out of the fact that I'm currently watching the Saints/Rams 12.31.90 meeting on youtube where we beat them to get just our second ever playoff berth plus it eliminated the Babe Laufenberg-led Cowboys from the playoffs.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #143 on: July 09, 2016, 06:07:22 AM »
A- I suck at desserts

B- We'll have to wait for my "ask lonestar" turn next week.

C- Fuck the cowboys

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: July 09, 2016, 06:25:33 AM »
Ossobucco with smoked gouda risotto

Sounds delicious

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: July 09, 2016, 12:47:10 PM »
How're you doing BF?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #146 on: July 09, 2016, 05:08:52 PM »
You and I are going on a vacation together.  Where are you taking me and why?

• DT.net Member
« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2016, 05:28:26 PM »
How're you doing BF?

Kinda shitty. Took my step pepper golfing today and it was at least 97º or even hotter at some point. I didn't start drinking the beer I'd snuck in with my golf bag til the fifth or sixth hole. It was probably 70º· By the time I made it to my last one, it was north of 80. Even though I dumped 20 lbs. of ice into a tub filled with the coldest water I could get from the tap and soaked in it for 5 minutes, I still feel hot, queasy, headachy, and light headed. Hopefully this ain't a heat stroke.

Ossobucco with smoked gouda risotto

Sounds delicious

Smoked gouda is on its own plane of existence.

You and I are going on a vacation together.  Where are you taking me and why?

Some place in cold weather where we can enjoy football, gaming culture, and great food. Chicago and NY are front runners.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2016, 07:25:03 PM »
I still can't get my head around the idea that Floyd's name is Joshua.  Or is Joshua's name Floyd?  I can't even tell any more.

I was born Robert, went by Bob for short, get called Guy by most of my friends, and whimsically chose my handle as a reference to a typo on a piece of mail.

You get some partial credit.  That would've been really creepy if you got it all correct.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2016, 08:07:29 PM »
What part did I get wrong?

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2016, 09:40:22 PM »
You get to go back in time to watch one sporting event, what is it?

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2016, 09:57:02 PM »
What part did I get wrong?

You presented a total of four factoids.  Two were correct, one was mostly incorrect, and one was entirely incorrect.  Come on, man.  That's barely a passing grade in your History of Orbert 101.  You gotta do better than that.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #152 on: July 10, 2016, 10:58:02 PM »

Like before I was born, before or after but I missed its original airing, or just anything I'd like to see even if I've already seen it?

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #153 on: July 10, 2016, 11:29:56 PM »

Like before I was born, before or after but I missed its original airing, or just anything I'd like to see even if I've already seen it?

Anything at all.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #154 on: July 11, 2016, 12:57:55 AM »
I'd watch Super Bowl XLIV with my New Orleans friends. I lost my apartment a month before the start of the 2009 season and couch surfed while living out of my car and eventually had to move all the way to NC to live with my folks who'd moved away after Katrina. The day I made that 1000 mile drive I missed the entire divisional round beatdown of the Cardinals and then my step pepper accidentally spoiled the outcome when he was kindly trying to pull it up on the DVR when I arrived that night. Then I ended up watching the SB with my step pepper and neighbors whom included a Pats fan, Colts fan, and two people whom aren't football fans. It was sickening missing out on the bedlam that ensued in NOLA.

Same question for you, Arj.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #155 on: July 11, 2016, 08:41:51 AM »
What's a "step pepper"?

• DT.net Member
« Reply #156 on: July 11, 2016, 11:05:56 AM »
My stepdad. It's a reference to Tom Goes to the Mayor and possibly Tim and Eric's Awesome Show. Both are from Adult Swim, the night time programming on Cartoon Network.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #157 on: July 11, 2016, 11:42:17 AM »
My stepdad. It's a reference to Tom Goes to the Mayor and possibly Tim and Eric's Awesome Show. Both are from Adult Swim, the night time programming on Cartoon Network.

...which I don't watch.  Thanks!

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #158 on: July 11, 2016, 12:12:32 PM »
I had to get "step pepper" from context.  It sounded to me like one of those wacky Richard Simmons exercises.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #159 on: July 11, 2016, 01:52:04 PM »
If he said step peeper I could see that as an adjective for Josh's activities.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

• DT.net Member
« Reply #160 on: July 11, 2016, 01:54:09 PM »
*noun

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #161 on: July 11, 2016, 02:09:25 PM »
Josh is step peepin'.

A verbal. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #162 on: July 11, 2016, 02:53:30 PM »
Floyd, you mentioned your folks moving out after Katrina. Was Katrina bad for your family? Totally flooded out?
What made them choose NC?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• DT.net Member
« Reply #163 on: July 11, 2016, 03:31:32 PM »
Not really bad overall, more like inconvenient. Only got around a foot of water. We evacuated anyway so we weren't in danger. Had to bounce between relatives' houses and hotels for a month before we were allowed back into our town. My step pepper and I put in a few thousand hours fixing up the house in the months between Katrina and the sale of the house then I moved two hours west to be roommates with a friend since I couldn't afford post-Katrina rates in NOLA and didn't wanna move 1000 miles away.

They chose NC cuz my mom was trying to be a realtor and only a few states would take a Louisiana certification without requiring further certification specific to their state.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #164 on: July 11, 2016, 03:39:10 PM »
Cool.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #165 on: July 11, 2016, 06:13:34 PM »
Would you want a New Orleans funeral or a Viking funeral?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: July 11, 2016, 07:05:30 PM »
I just spent the past week in NOLA.   Still good food; can't take that away from them.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #167 on: July 11, 2016, 07:19:00 PM »
Would you want a New Orleans funeral or a Viking funeral?

New Orleans. I hate vikings in virtually any context thanks to the NFL.

I just spent the past week in NOLA.   Still good food; can't take that away from them.

Indeed. RJ aka lonestar helped me become the cook I am via PM on this forum and the impetus for that was NC's moribund culinary scene. If I could just keep getting awesome meals at local neighborhood eateries for $10 a pop then I wouldn't have gotten as ambitious with my cooking as quickly. My friends back in NC raved about my food too. It got to a point where every time I'd bring food to work for my friends, I'd have people already verbally signing up for the waiting list for my next cooking project so I'd end up making these massive batches of food where half was instantly gone by the time I'd put my friends' portions in tupperware. In all, probably 30 or more people at that job tried my cooking.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #168 on: July 11, 2016, 07:33:59 PM »
Black floyd should I have a beer or whiskey?

• DT.net Member
« Reply #169 on: July 11, 2016, 08:13:12 PM »
Beer. What do you have on hand?

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #170 on: July 11, 2016, 08:35:57 PM »
Josh will you marry me?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

• DT.net Member
« Reply #171 on: July 11, 2016, 08:56:41 PM »
Yes, but I get to be the bottom.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #172 on: July 11, 2016, 08:58:46 PM »
deal
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: July 11, 2016, 10:18:12 PM »
Beer. What do you have on hand?

I have some coors light and three daughters. i'm drinking the three daughters.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #174 on: July 11, 2016, 10:34:25 PM »
Good call. Save the silver bullet for company.