Author Topic: The Ask twosuitsluke Thread  (Read 109987 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Ask Train of Naught Thread
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2016, 12:14:48 PM »
but can you send maudlin of the wall
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2016, 12:15:18 PM »
you send (but why(not both?))
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2016, 12:19:03 PM »
but can you send maudlin of the wall
Only if you send the Kanye West Project

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2016, 04:13:34 AM »
Train of Naught, what's up with the giant frog?
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2016, 04:28:01 AM »
It's the cover art from one of Protest The Hero's new songs (off the Pacific Myth EP).

There's 6 songs on it and they released one every month, along with its own cover art. Here's all 6 of 'em:

The only one I don't like is Cataract (4th one) but the others are awesome. Gonna see if they sell Cold Water t-shirts at the PtH gig next month so I can have my own Train of Naught shirt :metal
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline home

« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2016, 04:37:28 AM »

Gonna see if they sell Cold Water t-shirts at the PtH gig next month so I can have my own Train of Naught shirt :metal

Haha, that would be cool  :metal It's a great piece of art. I have never even listened to Protest the Hero, which album should I check out?

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2016, 04:48:56 AM »
I don't really know if you're into growls much, if at all, but still I'd say start with Volition (their latest album), it's mostly clean vocals anyway. The genre is modern progressive metal, with some technical metal touches here and there. The first song "Clarity" is the perfect showcase of everything they do on the entire album so that alone probably makes it the best one to start off with, I got hooked after only hearing the first two lines off that song I think :lol

Offline home

« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2016, 04:55:12 AM »
I don't really know if you're into growls much, if at all, but still I'd say start with Volition (their latest album), it's mostly clean vocals anyway. The genre is modern progressive metal, with some technical metal touches here and there. The first song "Clarity" is the perfect showcase of everything they do on the entire album so that alone probably makes it the best one to start off with, I got hooked after only hearing the first two lines off that song I think :lol

I enjoy growls sometimes, in Opeth's music for example. I'll check that album out!

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2016, 11:49:57 AM »
Okay Train, here's some questions to liven up this thread. Wow, this new ask thread is already such a rave.

1. Favourite food?
2. Favourite (alcoholic) drink?
3. First favourite band?
4. Are you a dogs or cat person?
5. Should I do that thing that I'm thinking about doing?
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2016, 12:02:30 PM »
1. Favourite food?
Since this is a prog forum I feel like I have to go with my favorite controversial food, and that would be anchovies, I fucking love anchovies but almost everyone I know hates them.

2. Favourite (alcoholic) drink?
I'm not big on the fancy alcoholic drinks so I'm going to be boring and say beer, it really depends though. Oh and gin tonic seems to be the shit amongst people my age since last year or so and I can dig it, yeah I like gin tonic.

3. First favourite band?
Probably Avenged Sevenfold, I did listen to other stuff before but A7X were the first band I really obsessed over.

4. Are you a dogs or cat person?
Not really, never had either of them. My best mate has a dog though and he's fucking adorable, I would consider getting a dog maybe but I don't think I even have the time for one. Currently guinea-pigs are my jam.

5. Should I do that thing that I'm thinking about doing?
JUST DO IT!

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2016, 01:56:15 PM »
What's your biggest fear?
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2016, 03:32:23 PM »
Now that you put me on the spot I literally have no idea. Maybe stage fright? But only if I'm not prepared.

But with biggest fear I think of the crazy farfetched stuff like fear of drowning or fear of giant spiders, can't think of any of those less realistic fears.

Offline home

« Reply #117 on: July 07, 2016, 03:38:49 PM »
Black_Floyd, did we forget about this?  :justjen

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #118 on: July 07, 2016, 04:28:00 PM »
Black_Floyd, did we forget about this?  :justjen
It's my fault, I forgot to change the thread title :-\ I'll shift everyone for one week, I'm sorry :'(
And I think it's better to start with The Ask black_floyd Thread right now and have it two more days than usual than to change the usual Monday starting day.
I'll make myself reminder or something every Monday.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Re: The Ask black_floyd Thread
« Reply #119 on: July 07, 2016, 05:17:43 PM »
So who's turn is it?

Also, I'm up for questioning.  I seem to recall last time not working out so well.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2016, 07:24:38 PM »
Where are my car keys?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2016, 09:14:09 PM »
Dude, they're on the table, right where you left them.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2016, 01:05:33 AM »
It's black_floyd's turn for the next 9 days.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2016, 07:34:53 AM »
Holy shit!  Nine days?  Can he last that long?

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2016, 07:35:01 AM »
Floyd, can you last nine days?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2016, 09:02:00 AM »
Nine minutes?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2016, 09:04:09 AM »
If you meet a young lady, do you introduce yourself as Josh or Joshua?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2016, 09:50:49 AM »
I think it's Joshua for the young ladies and Josh for the young dudes.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2016, 10:25:10 AM »
I still can't get my head around the idea that Floyd's name is Joshua.  Or is Joshua's name Floyd?  I can't even tell any more.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2016, 10:26:14 AM »
Floyd: Which quote, out of all the ones people have sigged you for, is your personal favorite?

• DT.net Member
« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2016, 02:24:05 PM »
Dude, they're on the table, right where you left them.

Ah! And so they are.

Floyd, can you last nine days?

Bart's first question is my answer. On a good day.

If you meet a young lady, do you introduce yourself as Josh or Joshua?

I introduce myself as desperate and then cover my mouth so I won't choke on the dust cloud created when they take off running like Fred Flintstone.

I think it's Joshua for the young ladies and Josh for the young dudes.

Only young dudes :)

I still can't get my head around the idea that Floyd's name is Joshua.  Or is Joshua's name Floyd?  I can't even tell any more.

I was born Robert, went by Bob for short, get called Guy by most of my friends, and whimsically chose my handle as a reference to a typo on a piece of mail.

Floyd: Which quote, out of all the ones people have sigged you for, is your personal favorite?

I'm having trouble remembering many of them now since most were at least three years ago but the two that came to mind did so for different reasons. My pal senecadawg sigged my post "Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening." a very long time ago. So long that I think he even had to just manually type it himself and add quote tags since the actual post likely got killed off during a forum pruning. I think I made that post right after he'd made a hilariously out-of-character jokingly misogynistic post. The fact that we eventually met up (along with TheOutlawXanadu) for a 2013 Opeth concert added to the sentimental value since he's a really nice guy.

The other was just funny to me because it embodied my buffoonish humor perfectly. Lee Harvey Kennedy, some other posters, and I were discussing something about a (maybe hypothetical) dispute over owing someone money. I ended up saying something along the lines of "I'd just go to their house, pull out $5000, tell them it isn't for them, place the money on the lawn, drop trou, and shit on it. Perhaps I was just raised in a better family than you." Though I found it mildly amusing, a few others really seemed to eat it up and LHK sigged it.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 02:40:56 PM by black_floyd »
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2016, 05:07:00 PM »
I have so much fun Facebooking with you. Who else do you like to interact with from DTF on other media?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2016, 05:07:54 PM »
Floyd, how and when did you end up on DTF?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2016, 05:11:00 PM »
Just like in Ted 2, he was searching for prog metal and ended up seeing black Dicks.  Then DTF.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2016, 05:11:46 PM »
What's Ted 2?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2016, 05:25:25 PM »
A movie.  Dammit Tim! :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2016, 05:26:35 PM »
I am so out of the loop. Apparently I missed Ted 1! :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2016, 05:27:48 PM »
Only watch Ted 1 with the misses.  It's grown up comedy but you will thank me later, no joke.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2016, 06:15:43 PM »
I have so much fun Facebooking with you. Who else do you like to interact with from DTF on other media?

FlyingBIZKIT and I have probably chatted enough to at least fill a 300 page novel. Considering our age gap, the dynamic of our friendship frequently shifts from really good friends to big brother/little brother in that he feels comfortable asking about virtually anything and I'm very glad to try to help him avoid making any of the mistakes I've made.

Beyond this, I love seeing you, RJ, Mason, Jackie, Deb, Dylan, and Splent on there.

Floyd, how and when did you end up on DTF?

My friend Ross successfully got me into DT in 99 after my cousin Jimi's attempt in 95 failed. He was posting on DT.net at the time and suggested I try it out. I first joined in 2000, might have only lurked or barely posted, then left less than a month later. This cycle repeated in 2002. Then, in 2006, I joined permanently in June five months before what I believe was the transition to DT.com, our community's first home away from DT's official site. And yes, black dicks is the bestest.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2016, 08:29:28 PM »
Where are my car keys?

If they aren't part of the mouse trap, you're doing it wrong.