Author Topic: ESPN 30 for 30: O.J. Made in America  (Read 935 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
ESPN 30 for 30: O.J. Made in America
« on: June 19, 2016, 07:40:07 AM »
Anyone else watch this?

I came in late and only saw episodes 4 and 5, but I will go back and watch the first three when they are replayed.

Some thoughts:

-Mark Fuhrman really is a major POS.
-Those crime scene pictures of the double murder are absolutely brutal. I had to look away a few times.
-The whole "OJ being not guilty was justice for Rodney King" line of thinking was disgusting.
-I get why the black community was thrilled with the not guilty verdict, given how the justice system was always so against blacks, but seeing the utter joy and celebration after a murderer was freed was still pretty revolting.
-I hope Simpson never gets out of prison and lives a long life there, so he can rot.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: ESPN 30 for 30: O.J. Made in America
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 08:22:52 AM »
Haven't seen this but I heard it's fantastic. And I also heard it'll make your blood boil all over again that he wasn't convicted in the 'main' trial.

I'll never be convinced otherwise that the only reason he wasn't convicted was to avoid another massive riot......and that is freakin' sad.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 09:09:56 AM »
Juror 9 will make your blood boil. It's a sad thing that someone so clueless can serve on a jury.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 09:19:44 PM »
I have avoided this because I don't feel the need or desire to see, read, or hear anything about this guy ever again.

I have heard something recently about OJ though that bothers me. Something along the lines of how he was a sell-out to his race. I get that the Jim Browns of the world think every successful black person owes it to other black people to give back to their communities. He has the right to think that. And people like OJ have just as much right to not feel compelled to give back to their communities, associate with Whitey, or do whatever the hell the want with their fame and fortune. Of all the things to hate OJ for, that seems like it should be way, way down the list.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 11:44:33 PM »
It's on my Watch ESPN app on my Apple TV, and I'm looking forward to watching it from the first episode. Busy working on an awards show in LA and haven't the time to sit and watch it. It looks fantastic