Author Topic: MORE JP-2C Demoing On Tour.  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
MORE JP-2C Demoing On Tour.
« on: June 16, 2016, 04:57:44 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBu8HfOVyS8

Part 1. Lots of tonal goodness.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: MORE JP-2C Demoing On Tour.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 08:05:22 AM »
Sweet!  I was waiting for these.  A cool side note is that if you could pan the cameras to the left, you would see my and my son (and my friend Jack with his son) sitting in the front row of an otherwise empty auditorium watching the filming.  :D
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 11:33:14 AM »
i can play " Our New World " up til and including the first solo.  But when it changes to A - I have to stop :lol

I can't shred at all.

Offline Cable

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 06:06:31 PM »
I mostly lean Rectifier on the Mesa Mark vs. Recto battle. But this thing is indeed awesome, as I heard via his demo and other people messing around with it. The opinion I see of it is that it is very versatile. Which I was expecting anyway being a JP amp. That shred mode is indeed awesome, and kind of Rectifies the heavy stuff IMO while still sounding like a Mark.
---

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 06:45:51 AM »
After watching through all these videos, I'm not only blown away by how great this amp is but also by the fact that John is so open about his settings he uses to get sounds. Some guitar players keep that stuff all hush hush, I love that John says "this is the amp I'm using, here are the exact settings I'm using, here are the effects I'm using, here is the guitar I'm using."

He literally gives you exact amp settings the description of each video to get the sound he uses, so cool.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 08:53:09 AM »
After watching through all these videos, I'm not only blown away by how great this amp is but also by the fact that John is so open about his settings he uses to get sounds. Some guitar players keep that stuff all hush hush, I love that John says "this is the amp I'm using, here are the exact settings I'm using, here are the effects I'm using, here is the guitar I'm using."

He literally gives you exact amp settings the description of each video to get the sound he uses, so cool.
Yeah, if you ever meet him, he is happy to talk about that kind of stuff.  I'm not a gear head at all, so I never bring it up.  But others do, and he can go on and on about it.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 04:02:26 PM »
Even if you had a Majesty in to a JP-2C with Jazz III plectrums and the same cabs...

You wouldn't sound like Petrucci.

Tone is mostly in your hands and your playing style.

This is why people like Joe Bonamassa can play any guitar into any amp and it will sound like him.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 01:56:36 PM »
Even if you had a Majesty in to a JP-2C with Jazz III plectrums and the same cabs...

This is why people like Joe Bonamassa can play any guitar into any amp and it will sound like him.

This. You've probably seen this video before, but it really illustrates this perfectly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9v5e1TTwts

Offline SjundeInseglet

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2016, 06:29:45 PM »

This. You've probably seen this video before, but it really illustrates this perfectly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9v5e1TTwts

And since we're talking about JP, this video illustrates the point perfectly too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3Ih7NROWUU

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 06:55:15 AM »

Yup, which is why I love that John is so open about his gear and settings. He knows that so much of his tone is in his hands so no one is ever really going to sound exactly like him. But it still enables aspiring guitar players who look up to John to get some great sounds.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2016, 07:27:18 AM »
Yeah, when I got my own Mark IV, his videos on his settings and most importanly of all - his philosophy about his sounds were invaluable tools. I used his settings as a starting board to get my own sounds.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.