Author Topic: What would be the worst animals to be killed by?  (Read 3850 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: What would be the worst animals to be killed by?
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2016, 09:42:06 AM »
Is the pain from venom really worse than the pain from a shark bite? Being slowly eaten by a bear or lion while still being conscious just seems so much worse but I speak of zero experience in both cases though.  :P Just the pain when a shark chews on your leg must be excruciating.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2016, 09:45:17 AM »
I'm well aware of the difference between Venom and Poison too. Venom was thrash metal, while Poison was hair metal.

But both equally shit.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2016, 09:53:49 AM »
I'm well aware of the difference between Venom and Poison too. Venom was thrash metal, while Poison was hair metal.

What about being mauled by a Steel Panther?
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2016, 09:55:31 AM »

What about being mauled by a Steel Panther?

Or suffering horrid abuse from a relative.....like your Twisted Sister.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2016, 09:56:41 AM »
Is the pain from venom really worse than the pain from a shark bite? Being slowly eaten by a bear or lion while still being conscious just seems so much worse but I speak of zero experience in both cases though.  :P Just the pain when a shark chews on your leg must be excruciating.

Yea, but I think your body goes into shock because a shark bite causes you to loose so much blood.  I'd imagine the pain is brutal but not as long term as a 8 hour slow death from a snake bite.  Granted, I've had neither happen to me so just how I would imagine it.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2016, 10:20:02 AM »
Great white shark with surgically implanted rusty spoons for teeth.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2016, 10:20:45 AM »

Never been bit by a shark but I've had hemotoxic Rattlesnake venom coursing the my veins and I can tell you it doesn't feel good. It's digesting your body from the inside out.....heat up a wire clothes hanger to red hot and then just continually touch your skin over and over, it's a shooting sensation along with the feeling like your going to pop from the pressure.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2016, 12:21:33 PM »

GREAT WHITE THREAD.

Mods, please move to GMD.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2016, 02:17:36 PM »
So many days drift by
There's too many ways to slowly die
How many shadows fade across the wall?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2016, 02:21:42 PM »

GREAT WHITE THREAD.

Mods, please move to GMD.

Does a fire at a Great White concert count?

[/too soon]
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2016, 03:25:03 PM »
Panda. I can't imagine anyone telling the story of my tragic death without laughing at me if that happens.

I was going to say this but about a mouse.  Same exact reason.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2016, 03:29:44 PM »

Yea, but I think your body goes into shock because a shark bite causes you to loose so much blood.  I'd imagine the pain is brutal but not as long term as a 8 hour slow death from a snake bite.  Granted, I've had neither happen to me so just how I would imagine it.

This is a bit on a non-sequitur but I heard that you would pass out in 45 minutes if you were buried alive in a coffin six feet down as you'd run out of air.

So you wouldn't be down there conscious for days or hours. PLUS i'd imagine the panic would significantly shorten that 45 mins.

So yes it would be awful for a short time but that would be it.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2016, 04:19:54 PM »
Sweet.  So if that ever happens to me, I'll just be like, "I'll just hum all of Six Degrees, and when I'm done it'll be almost over!"  Plus, that'd be a pretty metal way to go out, so bonus.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TheSilentHam

• Bringin' da bacon
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2016, 05:18:50 PM »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2016, 06:15:41 PM »
It is just me or does it seem like most of the worst and deadliest animals are always in Africa or South America?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2016, 06:34:50 PM »
It is just me or does it seem like most of the worst and deadliest animals are always in Africa or South America?

IDK.....Australia has a pretty good group of deadly animals there. Mostly reptile but ones that'll kill you in many different ways and time.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2016, 06:46:08 PM »
Box jellyfish, a class that includes 50 described species, have tentacles covered in tiny biological booby traps known as cnidocysts. Each cnidocyst contains a tiny dart and a load of poison that cause “the most explosive envenomation process that is presently known to humans,” according to a 1988 paper in The Medical Journal of Australia.

Consider Chironex fleckeri, a basketball-size box jelly found in the Indo-Pacific that dangles dozens of 6-foot-long, ribbonlike tentacles. Its nickname is Sea Wasp, and if one of these tentacles so much as brushes against your body, you may die before you reach the beach.

Still, a quick death might be preferable to what’s in store after a sting by other box jelly species, including the thimble-size Carukia barnesi.

In addition to severe headaches, vomiting, rapid heartbeat, and pulmonary edema, you may experience anxiety so powerful that some victims, convinced of their own doom, have reportedly begged their doctors to kill them and get it over with.

Scientists aren’t certain why some species of box jellyfish seem to produce more complicated and dangerous clinical syndromes than others. One explanation is that the venom of the dreaded Chironex is injected more deeply than, say, Hawaii’s Alatina.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 07:00:41 PM by The Trooper »

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2016, 06:52:05 PM »

IDK.....Australia has a pretty good group of deadly animals there. Mostly reptile but ones that'll kill you in many different ways and time.

Some of our critters offer you a choice  :metal
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2016, 07:43:26 PM »

I bet Native Americans would beg to differ.  :sadpanda:
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2016, 07:48:08 AM »

I bet Native Americans would beg to differ.  :sadpanda:

I actually thought Australia was officially the home of the deadliest animals.  Such as Blob.  :biggrin:

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2016, 08:15:37 AM »
I say the spider that bites you and gives an incredibly painful erection which you have until you die.

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2016, 08:27:33 AM »
Panda. I can't imagine anyone telling the story of my tragic death without laughing at me if that happens.

I was going to say this but about a mouse.  Same exact reason.

Mice are known to carry the hantavirus sometimes, so it's technically possible to die of a mousebite.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Cable

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2016, 05:33:04 PM »

I'm imagining that the shark pulling one under does something too. Maybe you don't drown first, but the lose of breath while being devoured and/or bleeding out must suck. It's the only animal I can think of that may drown you, and slowly drowning would suck. A whale could do it too, so maybe they would be worse to die by.
---

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2016, 02:32:16 PM »

This is a bit on a non-sequitur but I heard that you would pass out in 45 minutes if you were buried alive in a coffin six feet down as you'd run out of air.

So you wouldn't be down there conscious for days or hours. PLUS i'd imagine the panic would significantly shorten that 45 mins.

So yes it would be awful for a short time but that would be it.

Not an animal, but by FAR my biggest fear.  The thought of being buried alive is horrific.  The scene in Interview with a vampire when they're bricking up Louie in the wall..**shudder**  I would instantly go insane.

As far as animals....Probably anything venomous and slow.  Fast animal kill?  Can I do an extinct animal?  What I've read about veliciraptors and the way they think they would leap and use that big ass claw to open your abdomen and spill your guts out...doesn't sound fun.

This wouldn't be fun either - Deadly infection after Rape Candiru
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 02:52:42 PM by CrimsonSunrise »

Online TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2016, 02:48:04 PM »
I say the spider that bites you and gives an incredibly painful erection which you have until you die.

That would be the Brazilian Wandering Spider. They are the most venomous arachnid in the world and also extremely aggressive. I would love to see one in person but I would hate to be bit by it.

Another animal that hasn't been mentioned yet is the stonefish. Their venom is a defense mechanism and it comes from spikes on top of their backs. The pain from the sting has been described as similar to being dipped in boiling lead. Victims have begged doctors to amputate their leg because they literally would rather be crippled than be in that much pain. I can imagine that not getting treated and dying from that would be the absolute worst way to go.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask