Author Topic: What would be the worst animals to be killed by?  (Read 3851 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
What would be the worst animals to be killed by?
« on: June 15, 2016, 08:16:53 PM »
Not to be morbid or anything, but a few of us were talking about the awful tragedy in Orlando today at work and this topic came up.

A few thoughts were:

Bear - they would tear your limbs off you, break your back, and torture you, before showing mercy.
Chimp - they would rip off your face and/or genitals and the suffering would be immense.

Offline Dream Team

Re: What would be the worst animals to be killed by?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 08:25:31 PM »
Buried in a hill of bullet ants would not be a fun way to go (not that that could happen naturally).

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 08:28:00 PM »
Buried in a hill of bullet ants would not be a fun way to go (not that that could happen naturally).

That's very close to what I was going to say...suffocating on (or would it be drowning in?) ants.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 08:30:36 PM »
Reading more about bullet ants on wikipedia...

The Sateré-Mawé people of Brazil use intentional bullet ant stings as part of their initiation rites to become a warrior.[18] The ants are first rendered unconscious by submerging them in a natural sedative, and then hundreds of them are woven into a glove made of leaves (which resembles a large oven mitt), stingers facing inward. When the ants regain consciousness, a boy slips the glove onto his hand. The goal of this initiation rite is to keep the glove on for a full 10 minutes. When finished, the boy's hand and part of his arm are temporarily paralyzed because of the ant venom, and he may shake uncontrollably for days. The only "protection" provided is a coating of charcoal on the hands, supposedly to confuse the ants and inhibit their stinging. To fully complete the initiation, however, the boys must go through the ordeal a total of 20 times over the course of several months or even years.[19]

WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL?? :eek :eek :eek

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 08:54:27 PM »
Well....I was bitten by a Western Diamondback Rattlesnake and up until they jammed a huge needle full of Demeral into my quad that pain was pretty brutal. Not withstanding the fact that the entire 8 hours it took them to locate the anti-venom for a non indigenous venomous snake my Blood Pressure was 60/30 and the tissue in my left arm began to break down due to the hemotoxic nature of Rattlesnake venom. The subsequent week in the ICU was spent with the entire left side of my body being about three times the size it should have been....that was a strange sensation of pressure feeling like I could pop at any moment.

Not sure if it'd have been the worst way to die, but it wasn't pleasant.

Any of the Neurotoxic viper bites that shut down your nervous and respiratory system would suck as well....although those are usually pretty 'quick' to act and it wouldn't be much suffering per say.

Other than that, I think being constricted by a large Carpet or Burmese Python would be horrible as well.....slowly suffocating as each time you exhale it'd tighten just a bit more slowly cutting off all oxygen.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 09:11:08 PM »
Yep, a snake is one I thought of, too, but couldn't remember which kind would be the worst.  Those damn things would slowly squeeze the life out of you while biting you at the same time.  Would be most awful.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 09:25:23 PM »
A woman.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 09:32:27 PM »
A woman.

It's a slow....drawn out death where your life is slowly drained away from you ounce by ounce.....to where in the end your desire to live is non existent.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 11:11:47 PM »
Crocodile immediately came to mind as being particularly brutal, but in reality, it'd probably be very quick... so probably not a great answer.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 11:25:03 PM »
Panda. I can't imagine anyone telling the story of my tragic death without laughing at me if that happens.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 12:03:48 AM »
Not to be morbid or anything, but a few of us were talking about the awful tragedy in Orlando today at work and this topic came up.

A few thoughts were:

Bear - they would tear your limbs off you, break your back, and torture you, before showing mercy.
Chimp - they would rip off your face and/or genitals and the suffering would be immense.
Chimp is the first that sprung into mind. The stories I've heard are... not pretty.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 12:19:32 AM »
Panda. I can't imagine anyone telling the story of my tragic death without laughing at me if that happens.

Hey man, it's still a motherfuckin' bear.

I say kangaroo. Those things are kinda terrifying. Or something in the deep sea...
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2016, 01:46:17 AM »
Probably 99,99% of the animals from Australia, from spiders to snakes, or being clubbed to death by a kangaroo or eaten alive by a koala-bear.

Aren't there spiders around, that lay their eggs in a living (yet paralyzed) organism, and when they hatch, the young feed on it?
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2016, 02:22:38 AM »
Reading more about bullet ants on wikipedia...

The Sateré-Mawé people of Brazil use intentional bullet ant stings as part of their initiation rites to become a warrior.[18] The ants are first rendered unconscious by submerging them in a natural sedative, and then hundreds of them are woven into a glove made of leaves (which resembles a large oven mitt), stingers facing inward. When the ants regain consciousness, a boy slips the glove onto his hand. The goal of this initiation rite is to keep the glove on for a full 10 minutes. When finished, the boy's hand and part of his arm are temporarily paralyzed because of the ant venom, and he may shake uncontrollably for days. The only "protection" provided is a coating of charcoal on the hands, supposedly to confuse the ants and inhibit their stinging. To fully complete the initiation, however, the boys must go through the ordeal a total of 20 times over the course of several months or even years.[19]

WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL?? :eek :eek :eek
Yeah I've seen a programme where some random reporter would go to one of those tribes (I think it's the same one you just read about) and follow the initiation, here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it0V7xv9qu0
Not very pleasant

Oh and the worst part is he only put them on for like 10 seconds. :lol
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2016, 03:20:57 AM »
I would say anything involving being slowly eaten alive like falling into a pit of hungry lions. You just lay there and can't do shit while they chew on your leg and arms, keep in mind it takes awhile before you black out.

Also everything involving ants....I hate ants!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 04:17:02 AM »
Any big constrictor snake. People often say that drowning is the worst way to die and having a big snake wrapped around you is the closest you can get to that without being in the water. They squeeze tighter every time you try to breathe, forcing air out of your lungs and not allowing you to get more back in. It takes five minutes and I can imagine the combination of suffocation, fear, and pain would make this a pretty terrible way to go.

Probably 99,99% of the animals from Australia, from spiders to snakes, or being clubbed to death by a kangaroo or eaten alive by a koala-bear.

Aren't there spiders around, that lay their eggs in a living (yet paralyzed) organism, and when they hatch, the young feed on it?

It's actually the other way around. There's wasps that do this to spiders.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 05:00:42 AM »
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 06:58:05 AM by Kotowboy »

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 05:13:08 AM »

I don't think it actually happens, but being filled with botfly larvea most be quite the way to die too
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 05:53:34 AM »
Any big constrictor snake. People often say that drowning is the worst way to die and having a big snake wrapped around you is the closest you can get to that without being in the water. They squeeze tighter every time you try to breathe, forcing air out of your lungs and not allowing you to get more back in. It takes five minutes and I can imagine the combination of suffocation, fear, and pain would make this a pretty terrible way to go.

Not to be 'that guy', but that's not what kills you when a snake constricts. Tthe death is not due to lack of air, but rather a lack of bloodflow to both the heart and brain, causing the victim to pass out and eventually suffer heart failure. Actually doesn't seem that bad (outside of the fear) as long as you pass out first. I'd rather go that way than by being swallowed alive whole or injected with venom.

Offline Kwyjibo

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2016, 05:54:08 AM »

It's actually the other way around. There's wasps that do this to spiders.

I knew that spiders were involved  ;D Anyway, wouldn't want to die like that.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2016, 05:56:23 AM »
Crocodile immediately came to mind as being particularly brutal, but in reality, it'd probably be very quick... so probably not a great answer.

I wouldn't call it quick. They pull you under, spin a few times, beat you against the bottom, and then wait for you to drown. Your carcass gets left aside somewhere to rot until the crocodile can consume you easier. I think I'd take a hippo over a croc. That thing's jaws would pop your head like a balloon before you even knew what hit you.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 06:01:46 AM »
The worst animal to be killed by?

MAN.

Or any animal. If you're being killed by it anyway, it makes no difference to me. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2016, 06:19:58 AM »
I'm surprised I haven't seen any spider answers yet. Sure, being torn limb from limb will suck horrendously, but I don't think it'd compare to being dissolved from the inside out. Organs and flesh decaying and dying from within to without and THEN you die. Not just spiders but that's the first thing that came to mind, I saw a couple snake answers but venom is different from poison.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2016, 06:29:21 AM »
A woman.

It's a slow....drawn out death where your life is slowly drained away from you ounce by ounce.....to where in the end your desire to live is non existent.

Reminds me of an old joke:  Why do husbands usually die before their wives?

Because they want to.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2016, 06:32:00 AM »
Shark for sure.

Offline Kwyjibo

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2016, 06:41:36 AM »
I'm surprised I haven't seen any spider answers yet. Sure, being torn limb from limb will suck horrendously, but I don't think it'd compare to being dissolved from the inside out. Organs and flesh decaying and dying from within to without and THEN you die. Not just spiders but that's the first thing that came to mind, I saw a couple snake answers but venom is different from poison.

I tried to bring up spiders but failed miserably  :)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2016, 07:05:01 AM »
Being killed by an animal is one thing (presumably to be consumed later).

Being eaten alive is another thing altogether IMO, so anything that could do that is the worst for me.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2016, 07:07:03 AM »

I don't know if you were saying that snakes have poison instead of venom, but that's not true. Snakes are venomous instead of poisonous just like spiders. If it's injected, it's venom. If it's ingested or touched (like poison ivy or poison arrow frogs), it's poison.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2016, 07:17:53 AM »
Yeah, not what I was saying; well aware of the difference between venom and poison. Been bitten a couple times by both spiders and snakes. :lol

RIP DTP.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2016, 07:19:49 AM »
I'm well aware of the difference between Venom and Poison too. Venom was thrash metal, while Poison was hair metal.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2016, 07:22:31 AM »
Maaaaah ninja.

RIP DTP.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2016, 07:24:33 AM »
I'm well aware of the difference between Venom and Poison too. Venom was thrash metal, while Poison was hair metal.
:clap:
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Harmony

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2016, 08:21:20 AM »
Being deathly allergic to yellow jackets and having experienced anaphylaxis shock to a sting, I discovered that my greatest fear is to have "Cause of Death" listed on my death certificate as "bee stings."
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2016, 09:12:53 AM »

:metal

-MirrorMask

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2016, 09:34:10 AM »
 :lol

I was definitely leaning to something venomous that would lead to a slow painful death such as a snake, but maybe there is an animal out there that is worse.