Author Topic: RIP Christina Grimmie  (Read 1540 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
RIP Christina Grimmie
« on: June 11, 2016, 05:57:34 AM »
https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/voice-alum-christina-grimmie-shot-orlando-concert-critical/story?id=39774979

I stumbled upon Christina Grimmie last year while flipping around on YT and was captivated by her voice and stage presence for being so young. Today I heard that she's been shot dead after a concert by some crazy person, such a sad tragedy. During her short career she had the furtunate to touch alot of people with her voice so she will be remembered for that.

Ed Sheeran and Christina Grimmie - All of the Stars

RIP Christina
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 07:32:38 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: RIP Christina Grimmie
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 07:45:44 PM »
Any motives?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 08:27:48 PM »
Any motives?
The only thing i've heard is that the shooter traveled to Orlando with the intent to shoot her, he was armed with two guns.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 09:57:45 PM »
It's sad...truly sad. One would think this is a jealous ex or something, but from what I've read they haven't been able to figure out their connection.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 04:10:25 AM »
Yea it's just sad, 22 years old and so full of life because her career is going well and then some twisted fan/person decides to execute her infront of all her fans by just going up to her and shoot her and then cowardly take his own life.

......and then we talk about guns
......and then we talk about mental health
......and then nothing happens

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 05:29:14 AM »
Fucking humans.  :facepalm:

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 06:09:10 AM »
So fucking sad.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 07:20:25 AM »
Yea it's just sad, 22 years old and so full of life because her career is going well and then some twisted fan/person decides to execute her infront of all her fans by just going up to her and shoot her and then cowardly take his own life.

This is the big thing right here. If the US would change as much as it talks about changing, this country would be a much better place in a matter of one year.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 09:46:31 AM »

This is the big thing right here. If the US would change as much as it talks about changing, this country would be a much better place in a matter of one year.

Sadly it won't unless the people of this country change. The leaders can change, yet it's the people who determine what kind of change.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 01:39:25 PM »
The gun stuff has been talked about ad nauseam, but the saddest thing is we can change every law in the word and it still won't be enough to stop a lone wolf intent on killing one person like this.  You can't get every gun off the street, every mentally unstable person in a hospital, etc.  More should be done, of course, but if one person gets it in their head that they want to kill one person, unless they let it slip to someone, or the possible victim is guarded well (politician, for example), it is hard to stop it. Which sucks. Heck, just look at John Lennon.

That all aside, terrible tragedy. :(

Offline V_R11

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 01:47:40 PM »
This makes me both sad and angry. Completely unnecessary and so wrong on so many levels. Fuck she was 22,an inspiration to many,amazingly talented and completely innocent. It breaks my heart that people can be so cruel
Seasons change and so can I

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 09:34:13 PM »
Just saw an article where Adam Levine is paying for this woman's funeral costs. I know he's super loaded and these costs will probably amount to what he spends on Starbucks in a year....but I thought that was a kind gesture being that funeral costs can add up quickly, especially 'unplanned' ones like this. He could have easily just left his sympathies in the social media world and that be that but he didn't.....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 05:15:26 AM »
I'm not an atheist but agree that saying " thoughts and prayers for the victims " is just a way of making you look good without actually doing a thing.

Offline NunoTenniscourt

• President of my uncle's Anti-Nepotism Organization
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2016, 03:34:34 AM »

I was there exactly two weeks before this happened for a Buckethead show. I live less than a mile from Plaza Live. Security put *me* through the ringer, yet let a few of my other
friends who had arrived earlier right through. I told my friends their lame security would get them in trouble some day, but I don't think any of us believed for a moment an artist would be gunned down there two weeks later, nor did we think this poor girl's tragedy would be overshadowed by the Pulse (which is about 2 miles from Plaza Live) shooting the very next night.

I don't know if it's just coincidence, but attendance in many bars and clubs in the area has greatly diminished since then. It's been a horrible summer here.