Author Topic: Kindred Spirits  (Read 7109 times)

Offline ChrisPierman

Kindred Spirits
« on: June 10, 2016, 04:57:31 PM »

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Kindred Spirits
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 05:26:58 AM »
Did you start posting here exclusively to share your videos?

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 05:34:27 AM »
Agreed. There is the Musicians' corner for this.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline gm5k

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 11:49:52 AM »

Judging from his other thread, I think it's pretty clear why he started posting here.  I seem to remember a pretty similar trolling effort on the JP forums back in the day.  Wonder if it's the same guy  :lol

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 04:59:05 PM »
Please start a band with Nicky Spanjaards

Offline Cordez

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 05:22:32 AM »

Judging from his other thread, I think it's pretty clear why he started posting here.  I seem to remember a pretty similar trolling effort on the JP forums back in the day.  Wonder if it's the same guy  :lol

Looks like it:
https://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/showthread.php?77720-Writing-for-the-next-DT-album-officially-commenced/page8

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 11:08:32 AM »

Looks like it:
https://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/showthread.php?77720-Writing-for-the-next-DT-album-officially-commenced/page8

lol the stories about him are quite hilarious

Offline ChrisPierman

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 08:57:32 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/chris.pierman.5/posts/1796220960606431

and

a little extra from the other day:

"I know what is going to happen. I've been through the cycle many times. I am going to try to branch out and show some of what I do to other places besides FB in an effort to find even one single person as a right connection, haters will pop out of the woodwork with stupid low i.q. comments and I will naturally and correctly behave defensively which some will take as me being anything less than the awesome nice dude I am. I will decide eventually dealing with people (I do love some of you out there and you know this. You don't count or apply here, of course! Quite the opposite! :) ) and even more so, stupid people, is just not worth it to me or the playing, very much like I weigh every single day the benefits or not to even be here on politics brainwashed central FB let's-be-a-good-slave-to-the-corrupt-system-and-actually-care-about-what-tyrants-and-would-be-tyrants-have-to-tell-us-and-parrot-that-in-a-subconscious-way-to-make-everyone-else-my-equal-slave-so-I-am-not-alone-in-wanting-to-be-ruled-and-not-lead-myself. So then I will lay low for quite some time and enjoy the ever-living fuck out of what I do all only for myself. I will find it highly relaxing and reinvigorating. I will appreciate so much of what I see and hear, learn ever more from it all and maybe even apply some of it to what I do. I will also see total nonsense get lots of credit then I'll probably decide that if I can obtain even only some of the right circumstances that I would like, some killer music will be made. But right now as the moment stands, I am considering only posting things like "STFU_Troll_You_Suck_Learn_To_Play-Take_1_of_1.mp3." I probably won't because I respect guitar, music, the whole art form from the simplest sound to the craziest madness and music itself to do that. Just wish there was a way forward without having to actually deal with people I don't like. And GW (I am not speaking of anyone there. I don't know anyone there at all! - the entity I mean) will still ignore me. Might be something about status quo."

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 09:04:40 PM »
I will listen to your kindred spirits thing in a min, but I browsed through your FB page (since you posted the link).

1. I've noticed you reply to your own comments a lot, and are often the only person replying to your own posts.
2. Did you seriously take (partial) credit for helping Americans retain their constitutional rights?

Just took a listen, that was really rough dude. Rhythm was mostly fine, although out of time quite a bit, but it seems for the solos you have a tendency to start to follow along but quickly just start doing your own thing and it sounds usually pretty off.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ChrisPierman

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 09:16:14 PM »
Sigh. One more low iq retard. Add you to the list.

Offline Adami

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 09:19:00 PM »

I wouldn't know. Sadly I'm not allowed to take the standard IQ test since I've been trained to administer it. Though I'm not sure how you can assess my perceptual reasoning or processing speed from my rather mild critique of you. Best of luck though!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ChrisPierman

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 09:22:29 PM »

I wouldn't know. Sadly I'm not allowed to take the standard IQ test since I've been trained to administer it. Though I'm not sure how you can assess my perceptual reasoning or processing speed from my rather mild critique of you. Best of luck though!

Critique piss in your face. You fucking loser.

Offline Adami

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 09:23:15 PM »

Critique piss in your face.

It might possibly be my low IQ, but I have no idea what this even means.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 02:40:18 AM »

Yeah you're getting a ban pretty soon.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2016, 05:22:06 AM »
Don't ban him just yet. Let's savor this for a while.

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 06:16:49 AM »
Add me to your list, I'm sure it will have some impact on my life eventually!

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 07:19:49 AM »

See you in a week.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 04:51:31 PM »
FFS, I am gone for ONE day...
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 05:05:32 PM »
Holy shit.  I can't believe I missed this!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Adami

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2016, 05:08:30 PM »
I'd still like to point out that he took credit for assuring Americans had their rights preserved.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 05:11:37 PM »
I trust you Adami.  I'd rather invest my time watching the Kardashians for the first time.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gm5k

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2016, 10:41:56 PM »

and

a little extra from the other day:

No hard feelings man, my bad.  Nice feel and vibrato from 1:40 to 3:43 on Kindred Spirits.  Definitely some tough leads to nail feel wise  :tup

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2016, 05:12:27 AM »
I trust you Adami.  I'd rather invest my time watching the Kardashians for the first time.

Keeping Up With The Shmeglands would be much more appealing.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2016, 06:21:09 AM »
Holy shit.  I can't believe I missed this!

Yeah, I deliberately didn't respond to this one.. Oh well, I did now ::)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Sycsa

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2016, 06:56:45 AM »
This is the material serial killers are made of.

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2016, 07:43:42 AM »
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2016, 10:57:01 AM »
Guy looks like a serial killer too.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2016, 12:03:51 PM »
There's no need for that.  Just because he was temp-banned for personal attacks does not give free reign to throw insults back.  That is still against the rules.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2016, 12:35:59 PM »
Wasn't really meant as an insult as more or less throwing fun like I do in almost every thread. I have nothing against the guy.  :lol
I'll refrain from any other comments from now on.

Offline Sycsa

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2016, 05:58:03 PM »
Yeah, I didn't mean it as an insult either, his FB posts are genuinely creepy. Some of his patterns reminded me of Elliot Rodger's vlogs. He looks like a cool fella though and he can play. :hat

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2016, 11:53:43 PM »
Will this guy really be allowed back? There seems to be years and years of evidence that he's not going to bring anymore to this place other than almost delusional arrogance and violently aggressive and offensive replies to the slightest bit of resistance or questioning.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2016, 05:22:04 AM »
Will this guy really be allowed back? There seems to be years and years of evidence that he's not going to bring anymore to this place other than almost delusional arrogance and violently aggressive and offensive replies to the slightest bit of resistance or questioning.

It does break up the monotony though.

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2016, 06:24:18 AM »
True.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2016, 06:56:20 AM »
Or I could just a gif of bouncing boobies.