Poll

Why are you still checking out this thread? The roulette has been completed for ages

For the sake of nostalgia
0 (0%)
I have no life so I am reading through old roulettes for entertainment
0 (0%)
Train of Naught
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 03, 2016, 01:10:11 AM

Author Topic: Train of Naught Roulette II v. MURAMASA... MASAMUNE  (Read 122203 times)

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Re: Train of Naught Roulette II: This Time It's Personal (SEND ROUND 4)
« Reply #665 on: June 29, 2016, 11:54:20 AM »
is it kashiwa daisuke or whatever
of course not

mfw the last sender is neither of 425 or Elite, send a song pls scorpionman
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #666 on: June 29, 2016, 06:03:18 PM »
I sent a cover a classic song
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #667 on: June 30, 2016, 02:27:48 AM »
Sent my fav song of the year, a 14-min instrumental :P

My song is better
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
I bet it is.

Will start listening today, I will give everyone who hasn't already until tomorrow evening to still submit a guess for bonus round #3, I'll quote the original message just to make sure you understand

Bonus round #3
BUT, like mentioned in the OP, the final bonus round is happening during round 4, this is a fairly short and simple one, I can't drag this one out sadly since all there is to it is you will have to guess how many CD's are in my collection (counting physical, digital and albums I saved on Spotify to make it more challenging). The banned list is not really a giveaway at all because some of those artists are ones I listen to from time to time but don't actually have any albums of, similarly, there's artists that are not on the banned list but I do have saved an album of on Spotify. I want this to be a somewhat random lucky guess challenge anyway. Not a very inspirational at that, but it was at this point that I really had run out of ideas and probably shouldn't have even done another bonus round but eh.

To rule out completely useless guesses I won't allow any guesses under 100 but I won't point out a maximum amount. Guess in PM along with your submission please so it remains anonymous, that way we don't get cheaty guesses 1 number above or below someone else's.

If everything goes according to plan I'll have tidbits up on saturday/sunday and results on sunday/monday, yay!
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #669 on: June 30, 2016, 11:24:26 AM »

Perhaps a bit easier this time since the image is divided into 12 sections this time, didn't want any filler material. No hangman this time around guys :(

If any one of them is going to be unguessable I'll give away some hints but I bet some of you will be able to guess one or two. These are all the albums the round 4 songs are on. Maybe when all the albums have been guessed I'll try to give away a few hints to figure out which songs were sent but it's going to be hard without completely giving it away.

Will start my first listen about an hour from now.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
7 is Sonata Arctica - Taikatalvi, probably sent for the cover bonus.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Tomislav95

3: Susanne Sundfor - The Brothel
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
5th is kashiwa daisuke - program music ii

surprise

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
5th is kashiwa daisuke - program music ii

surprise
I thought this could maybe have been one of the hard ones if Sacul didn't rightout say he sent a 14 minbute instrumental :lolpalm: and if I didn't use a fragment that has "program music II" written on it

But yeah they're dropping like flies, 3, 5 and 7 are all correct.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
8 is Pure Reason Revolution, though I don't remember the album name.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
The 10th one is obviously called The D :neverusethis:

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Other than mine, literally no clue, none of them even look particularly familiar  :|

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Train chose a part of mine that makes it virtually impossible so

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Yours is virtually impossible to guess with either part if you divide it up into 12 pieces tbh, unless I choose the part that has the bandname or the album name on it.

1: I probably made this one way too hard. It's an album by a german ambient/jazz band, instrumental.
2: This has been sent quite a few times, and is one that I think only gets sent by this very person, I guess you could say it's the equivalent of Saculs  "Destiny Potato - Love Song". If I recall correctly this is also a song he has secured a win with in a final round of one of last year's roulettes.
4: Gonna leave this one up to Parama, I thought you might know this one since you actually own it.
6: I literally know nothing about this band apart from the 1 listen I gave this song just now but I would describe the cover as a very folky album art and the music has some folk influences aswell.
8: Band has been guessed correctly by SN2 (Pure Reason Revolution), and the song is one that has been sent in a roulette earlier this year.
9: Even with the band and album name you'd have a lot of trouble looking this one up, I got sent an instrumental prog metal tune off this album.
10: Some metal influenced electronic music with a very minimalistic album cover. "The D" are the first four letters off this 8-letter album title, or in hangman language: The D____
11: A song off an album I got sent in my first roulette. The person who sent me this is not the same as in the first roulette, and this is a scandinavian prog band.
12: Probably a pretty obvious hole in my banned list, but not something you see a lot of on DTF. This is one of the most popular modern melodic deathmetal bands out there.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Oh, schizoid lloyd the last note etc
It's probably suicide penguin too

Offline Tomislav95

I won't guess anything because I was on Spotify this afternoon :D

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Fuck I hate that :lol

I never added anyone on spotify before so this was the first time I noticed that you can constantly see what all of your friends are listening to in the sidebar. You can make the playlists private but I don't think there's any way of not showing what you are listening to. Maybe I should consider using youtube again

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
1: Bohren & der Club of Gore - Piano Nights
6: Eluveitie - Helvetios
8: Pure Reason Revolution - The Dark Third
11: Agent Fresco - Destrier

9 and 12 ring a bell, but can't out my finger on them.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Who the fuck sent Agent Fresco!? That's my band :(
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Your sig says otherwise :neverusethis:

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Yes I am a double agent
Squ

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
agent overhaul

Offline Tomislav95

I never added anyone on spotify before so this was the first time I noticed that you can constantly see what all of your friends are listening to in the sidebar. You can make the playlists private but I don't think there's any way of not showing what you are listening to. Maybe I should consider using youtube again
File > Private Session? I'm not sure if that option does that, probably it does.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
9 and 12 ring a bell, but can't out my finger on them.

Yeah, same for me.

Edit: typo.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 12:02:17 PM by Evermind »
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach

File > Private Session? I'm not sure if that option does that, probably it does.
Oh yeah I think that works, thanks! :tup

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
Who the fuck sent Agent Fresco!? That's my band :(

::)

sorry ;p
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
2 is Frengers by Mew, but I think that's not the right cover.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
wonder who sent them  :corn

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Crap, I used the one on spotify ("Eggs Are Nice" or something) but yeah its the wrong cover, anyway that's Mew indeed, Evermind sent it.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Banning Evermind from my next roulette then  :corn
People keep stealing my bands geez

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Well since I'm pursuing the "send different stuff in every round" approach in both this and mike's roulette, that seemed only fitting.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
12 is In Flames - Clayman

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Starting my third listen right now and it looks like I'll stay true to the tidbits sunday/results monday schedule so far. Overall this round is a little weaker than round 3 but about as good as all the other rounds so far.

So that leaves only 9 and 10 to be guessed and honestly I don't expect them to be guessed at all. I honestly can't come up with any tips for #9 since it's so unguessable, the band name doesn't help either since it's the most straightforward name ever that you wouldn't even be able to look up albums of if you wanted.

10: Has a trident on the album cover, that should help with the album name.

So here's the picture again

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
#9: Echoes - Nature|Existence

I got a song from that album in my first roulette.