Author Topic: overture  (Read 1576 times)

Offline rush1981

overture
« on: June 04, 2016, 04:25:55 PM »
I was at Disney world back in early 2002 before 6 degrees OIT came out. when you walk around the park there are places where they play music that come from speakers in the bushes and the like. after 6 degrees came out a short while later I could swear that I heard overture when I was walking around Disney earlier that year. if it was not overture it was very similar sounding. anybody know what I mean cause I've been wondering for 14 years if that was overture playing at disney

Offline Architeuthis

Re: overture
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 08:45:01 AM »
That would be cool to hear. I can see how it may have seemed if it was the overture. It does sound like many Disney themes. Btw, welcome to DT forums!
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline don_waka

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 08:50:51 AM »
By the way, I loved what they did in Overture. It always brings back The Who's Tommy's Overture.

Offline t-bone2112

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 01:22:23 PM »
I had a similar experience a number of years ago.  I was in Nordstrom shopping with my wife.  You know the guy who sits there playing the piano?  He was playing the instrumental part of Genesis' Cinema Show from Seconds Out, and he friggin' NAILED it!

I stood there with my jaw dropped open.  No one else had any idea what he was playing.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 02:23:49 PM »
For as long as I can remember, only Disney songs get played at Disneyland. Unless you're talking about downtown Disney, in which case it's possible but still unlikely.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline tarskian

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 03:37:18 PM »
Perhaps not coincidentally, the first time I heard the overture from 6DOIT one of my immediate thoughts (aside from "damn, this is cool!") was: this is really "Disney."

I'm no expert, but I suspect that Disney has all sorts of licensing and copyright restrictions on what they can play, so I'm guessing it's probably more likely that DT were inspired by broadly Disney-esque music when they wrote the overture than the converse, namely that Disney has played DT's music in their parks (though the thought of tearing down the Matterhorn ride with TDEN blasting at full volume in the background sounds pretty freaking rad!).