Author Topic: Thank you Dream Theater for everything.  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
  • Death is only the beginning......
Thank you Dream Theater for everything.
« on: June 03, 2016, 04:58:02 PM »
Thank you Dream Theater for all the great music you produce for all of us!  :tup

Thank you DTF for all the fun you have given me in my stay!  :tup :tup

I just wanted to say that Dream Theater has been the ONLY band, in which I enjoy every single one of their songs without finding flaws in it. I love each and every song equally and if someone told me to make a top five of Dream Theater songs, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to do that.

I have often found "flaws" in many songs in many bands and there is always this album or this song in which I really dislike, but not Dream Theater. I find Dream Theater to be really special for making me feel like that for the very first time. I could listen to any album, anytime, for how long or how much I want. I would never get bored of listening to Pull Me Under around 1000 times. I have come to appreciate every single song Dream Theater has created and instead of looking for parts in which I don't like, I just keep an open mind and have come to enjoy every single Dream Theater song that way.

Every song has a special place in my heart and every single songs makes me go crazy one way or another. I've been recently watching a lot of funny moments such as "The Making of Systematic Chaos", the video where Dream Theater reacted to their old shows, James Labrie + John Petrucci bloopers, etc and it makes me smile how much of a family they are and how comfortable they are.

One thing I know is that chemistry is super important. I love how all the instruments support one another and it makes the flow of the song perfect. I can see why the band has tons of followers and even if I read opinions of some songs and how this could have been done another way and whatnot, I feel like what the band creates is perfect. 10+ minute songs used to feel awkward to listen to and it was a lot to take in. I procrastinated about listening to long songs and I realize that longs songs also are super beautiful. I especially have come super close to the song "Learning to Live."

All it required was an open mind and the patience to listen. Thank you Dream Theater for everything you have done for me and helping me to rediscover music. Thank you DTF for the joy you have brought in my super short stay here (I won't be leaving anytime soon) and for all your opinions. It's really interesting to hear other people's views of songs.

So yeah, that's all I had to say. Thank you.
"Suicide sometimes proceeds from cowardice, but not always; for cowardice sometimes prevents it; since as many live because they are afraid to die, as die because they are afraid to live."
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline red barchetta

• don't worry, I'm being watched lol
Re: Thank you Dream Theater for everything.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 09:39:08 PM »
Well, that's a great statement Scar.  I want to say to the guys that I never thought I could love a band that much again... at my age.  I was just cruising on with the same old rock music I've been listening to for decades with from time to time a few great songs or a new interesting album by my all time favorite band Rush.  About 8 years ago, it's someone more than half my age who told me about you and I started watching and listening to your songs on YouTube.  At first I have to say I was not sure about the singer lol, neither some of the wildest and heavier songs of your repertoire.  I loved the drummer, best sound in so many years, either live or in studio, I was totally amazed by the virtuosity of the musicians.  Back then I thought you were the best technical band possibly.  Maybe you are.  I was not listening much to metal prog back then but now I am very interested by that but still have a lot to hear from other bands.

I hope you stay around for a good 15 years
With all respect, sincerely yours

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 03:01:40 AM »
enjoy every single one of their songs without finding flaws in it. I love each and every song equally

So, how does this work?

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 03:12:26 AM »
Figure of speech I guess, I mean he rated Metropolis pt. 1 with 5.5/10 in that DTF song rating thing so if he would like all songs equally I don't think he'd love DT enough to make a post like this :lol
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.