Author Topic: Shattered Fortress playthrough and improv  (Read 4718 times)

Offline ChrisPierman

Shattered Fortress playthrough and improv
« on: June 08, 2016, 08:49:01 PM »
Forgot how it went at some spots  :facepalm:, but the improv solo is filthy. Enjoy. \m/   :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLVIy53Iopo

Offline fischermasamune

Re: Shattered Fortress playthrough and improv
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 11:05:12 PM »
What is this about?

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 04:12:42 AM »
I listened to the first three minutes only, but it's painfully out of tempo at some places. Makes it really hard to get through.

Offline ChrisPierman

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 08:46:10 AM »
I listened to the first three minutes only, but it's painfully out of tempo at some places. Makes it really hard to get through.

There's always gotta be a retard loser saying some retard loser stuff.

Maybe you should listen again, because it contains playing that no person alive can replicate. At all.
At all. I suggest 9:20 and on.

Offline ChrisPierman

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 08:49:13 AM »
" I honestly believe that there is no other guitar player alive that can pull off that improv as I did. Hell....study it all year...nobody is going to play that. I think it's time for Guitar World and the whole guitar industry as a whole to step up and get real. It's not arrogance when it is truth, so don't think I am that way. Just want my rightful place is all."

"...and the musical and real-world benefits that come along with that too."

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 09:01:08 AM »
 :lol Wow. This thread...

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 09:08:47 AM »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 09:40:37 AM »

There's always gotta be a retard loser saying some retard loser stuff.

Maybe you should listen again, because it contains playing that no person alive can replicate. At all.
At all. I suggest 9:20 and on.

First off, personal attacks against other users (calling someone a "retard loser") is against the forum rules and will not be tolerated.  If you want to stick around, I strongly suggest you read the rules if you have not already.  Second, you might try dialing down the arrogance several notches if you want people to be receptive to what you post here.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ChrisPierman

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 09:52:45 AM »

Second, you might try dialing down the arrogance several notches if you want people to be receptive to what you post here.

You ever hear that thing about offering advice when none was sought after?

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 10:07:13 AM »
Wow it's been a long time since I've seen an ego this big.
Maybe if you learned how to play with a metronome you wouldn't have retard losers calling out your playing.

:neverusethis:

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2016, 10:32:18 AM »

Second, you might try dialing down the arrogance several notches if you want people to be receptive to what you post here.

You ever hear that thing about offering advice when none was sought after?

Since I run this place and you are in my house not following my rules, it's my job to offer unsolicited advice.  You can either take it in the spirit in which it was meant (which is: I would like you to stick around here, but you need to follow forum rules and get along with other forum members if you want to be allowed to do that) or you can be shown the door.  This is a community where people get along and do not insult each other.  Posting styles that do not fit that model aren't allowed here.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2016, 11:00:21 AM »
Good Lord
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ChrisPierman

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2016, 11:19:50 AM »
Since I run this place and you are in my house not following my rules, it's my job to offer unsolicited advice.  You can either take it in the spirit in which it was meant (which is: I would like you to stick around here, but you need to follow forum rules and get along with other forum members if you want to be allowed to do that) or you can be shown the door.  This is a community where people get along and do not insult each other.  Posting styles that do not fit that model aren't allowed here.

Don't get me wrong. You seem ok. In all reality, I am super 110% nice to everyone.

I have 0 tolerance for trolls (nice way of covering the whole range of intentional to not), stupidity (it bothers me immensely), haters, etc...

I'm not a new kid on the block. I understand well and good about haters and I am one of the best there ever was when dealing with them. You can either respect where I am coming from or not. I respect what you're saying, the forum and most definitely the band (been a fan practically all my life.)

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2016, 11:26:39 AM »
I understand well and good about haters and I am one of the best there ever was when dealing with them.

Telling a hater he is a retard loser sure is a great way of dealing with things.  :tup
Not that I'm a hater or anything... but then I have to be a troll or just stupid by your explanation.  :sadpanda:

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2016, 11:29:10 AM »
And that's all fine.  But nobody in this thread (or on this board at all, as far as I am aware of) is trolling you.  The person you originally quoted and responded to was a specific critique of your playing.  Whether it is valid or not (and I'm not taking a side on that), it was specific to the aspect of your playing that he found to be off, and wasn't aimed at you as a person, so it is fine.  Overall, although he had a specific criticism of your playing in that video, it was not a disrespectful comment, so it is fine.  If anyone does troll you on this forum, then that would be a violation of the rules as well, and that person would be warned as well. 

Anyhow, I appreciate and respect your response.

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2016, 10:07:11 AM »
Didn't sound good

Offline onnet5

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2016, 02:32:04 PM »
I thought this was an obvious troll. If you listen to the solo it becomes apparent. I did find it amusing though  :lol

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2016, 02:53:29 PM »
I dug his rhythm chops, as the song is tricky song in places.  He sure does like going full tilt on the solo sections.  Maybe next tackle a solo without improvising to see how it plays out as JP wrote it?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2016, 03:42:09 PM »
I thought this was an obvious troll. If you listen to the solo it becomes apparent. I did find it amusing though  :lol
I haven't checked out the video, so no idea.

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2016, 04:51:47 PM »
I think that the main problem with the improvised solo is that you're playing a pretty busy solo over another already pretty busy solo so it just ends up sounding not so great. It would have been easier to appreciate what you're doing if the backing track had no guitars.

Anyway, that's all I have to add.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2016, 10:10:22 AM »
That wasn't as good as I had hoped.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey