Author Topic: Meeting the members for the first time and gift ideas for JP.  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Notaclue

• And I'll smile and I'll learn to pretend...
Hey people, so I'm meeting the guys for the first time on July 11th after the show in Guadalajara, Mexico and I've been thinking about what to expect/talk to them about.. I've been a fan since I was 8 years old (turning 22 in june, so this is quite a big deal for me).

P.S. since it's also JP's birthday on July 12th and the show ends at around 11:30 PM and i'll be with him when 12 AM hits, what do you think would be a nice/cool gift? (JP if you're reading this, stop right here, don't cheat i want it to be a surprise  :D)

Cheers, Notaclue.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Re: Meeting the members for the first time and gift ideas for JP.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 11:47:54 AM »
When you meet them, introduce yourself by saying: "Hi, I'm Notaclue from DTF, do you know me?" to which they will respond: "Not a clue"

After this you'll all have a good laugh for about 2 seconds and the conversation turns into a very long awkward silence afterwards.

Do it

Do it
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 03:42:34 PM »
Train of Naught - Train of Naught

Simply abysmal. Nothing more needs to be said.

0/10
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 11:02:49 AM »
P.S. since it's also JP's birthday on July 12th and the show ends at around 11:30 PM and i'll be with him when 12 AM hits, what do you think would be a nice/cool gift? (JP if you're reading this, stop right here, don't cheat i want it to be a surprise  :D)

Chocolate cake.  Seriously.  He jokingly even mentioned that he is kinda disappointed that no one picked up on the hint and brought him one on the last tour.  I was going to do it when I saw them here last month.  Problem was, the show was on Mothers' Day, and it is impossible to get a high-end bakery to do a custom cake on short notice on that day without overpaying. 

If you want to go the "joke gift" route, you might pick on one of Mike Stone's solo CDs and ask him to sign it.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Stone_%28musician%29
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 11:11:29 AM »
An iron guitar.  :tup

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 12:59:44 PM »
If you want to go the "joke gift" route, you might pick on one of Mike Stone's solo CDs and ask him to sign it.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Stone_%28musician%29

Nailed it. This would be hilarious.  :lol

Offline Notaclue

• And I'll smile and I'll learn to pretend...
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 03:44:16 PM »

Chocolate cake.  Seriously.  He jokingly even mentioned that he is kinda disappointed that no one picked up on the hint and brought him one on the last tour.  I was going to do it when I saw them here last month.  Problem was, the show was on Mothers' Day, and it is impossible to get a high-end bakery to do a custom cake on short notice on that day without overpaying. 

That's true! Had kind of thought about it but i didn't know he was serious.  :rollin On the other hand, i didn't pick up on the Mike Stone joke, someone care to elaborate?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 03:55:48 PM »
Stone is always joking and horsing around, but he has kind of an odd sense of humor.  When Queensryche and DT toured together back in 2003, apparently Stone pulled JP aside and was trying to "teach" him how to bend notes properly to get a certain sound.  I would guess that he was joking around, but again, he has an odd sense of humor and apparently came off as being an arrogant prick instead of joking.  The line "you can't touch the way I play" in As I Am was inspired by that incident.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 05:37:50 PM »
Bosk1,  I never knew that. Very cool.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 06:59:21 AM »
A salmon would probably make a wonderful gift.  Bears love salmon.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 08:40:57 AM »
A salmon would probably make a wonderful gift.  Bears love salmon.
:tup
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 07:50:05 PM »
Stone is always joking and horsing around, but he has kind of an odd sense of humor.  When Queensryche and DT toured together back in 2003, apparently Stone pulled JP aside and was trying to "teach" him how to bend notes properly to get a certain sound.  I would guess that he was joking around, but again, he has an odd sense of humor and apparently came off as being an arrogant prick instead of joking.  The line "you can't touch the way I play" in As I Am was inspired by that incident.
I thought the whole song was about the tour
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen