Author Topic: What Do You Miss Most About Your Childhood  (Read 3797 times)

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Re: What Do You Miss Most About Your Childhood
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2016, 11:13:23 PM »
Jesus, I hate this thread.

I just tried to type out a detailed writing about my childhood home and why it meant so much to me. It started to hurt so much that I couldn't finish. Now I'm a wreck.

:sad:
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2016, 07:14:10 AM »
:hug:

I had a feeling this would stir up some deep-seated emotions.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2016, 07:17:28 AM »
What do I miss about my childhood? Being surrounded by people who looked forward to their future, rather than lamented their past.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2016, 07:23:54 AM »
Playing Lego for hours on end, and going out in the woods for hours on end.

But that's about it.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2016, 07:29:24 AM »
Playing Lego for hours on end, and going out in the woods for hours on end.

But that's about it.

I spent many a day in the woods that surrounded my street.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2016, 07:50:08 AM »
I miss my family. With the exception of one aunt, and a first cousin they're all gone now.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2016, 08:18:49 AM »
These days somewhere on my body always hurts.

I miss when that wasn't a thing.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2016, 08:50:14 AM »
The ability to truly live in the present. To be able to play games with friends and get so caught up in it, nothing else mattered. I can still somewhat do that, and meditating certainly helps but it's nowhere near as easy as it used to be.

An adult imagination, man, it's just not as wacky as a child's imagination.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2016, 09:44:22 AM »

I can piggy back on that. I certainly miss being able to do anything without wondering if it will cause an ache or a pain here or there.  I am probably in better shape than the vast majority of 42-year old men out there, but the aches and pains get more frequent as we get older. :censored

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2016, 11:06:09 AM »
The fact that my biggest concern in life was whether or not I was going to be able to watch Legends of the Hidden Temple at 6:30 every night.
That show was awesome! I always would jump when those guys would jump out and grab the contestant and I always felt that if I was in their shoes, I would crap my pants. It was always so tense to me as a kid.

They still show reruns sometimes on one of Nickelodeon's 90s channels. And I just googled it, apparently they are gonna make a TV Movie based on the show with Kirk Fogg making an appearance and Olmec, obviously.

That's what I miss from childhood. 90s Nickelodeon. We had our shows and it was something that I will always remember. I for some odd reason always recall coloring and watching Hey! Arnold.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2016, 09:28:58 PM »
The lack of responsibilities. No job. No bills. No money. No having to 'manage my time' (though I do a shit job of it, generally). No worrying about the future.

The optimism. I could do anything, be anything. Being a cynical, pessimistic arsehole may be more practical, but it sure as hell ain't as fun.

The friends. Many have moved away and I no longer see them anymore.

Agree with Adami: Late 80's and early 90's culture. Largely pop-culture really. The cartoons, the movies, the TV shows, and the absolutely ridiculous fashions. Most of it is still around in some fashion or another, but there was something about being in the moment with it, being there when it was big, when it was everywhere.

Not childhood, but more post-adolescence/early adulthood, but college. I loved college. I only went to a community college so this isn't nostalgia for dorm/party life, but just college and that time in my life. I loved just learning stuff. I loved how free I was to do almost anything I wanted (I had some money from my jobs, a car, and time), but I wasn't yet burdened by all the responsibilities of adulthood. I could hang out with friends every weekend until 4 in the morning, making midnight runs to Taco Bell, and playing Smash Brothers and Dungeons and Dragons until we could longer function. Many of my friends hadn't moved yet or gotten married and had kids so there was always somebody around to do something. See a movie, play some video games, or just something.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2016, 10:43:32 PM »

I can piggy back on that. I certainly miss being able to do anything without wondering if it will cause an ache or a pain here or there.  I am probably in better shape than the vast majority of 42-year old men out there, but the aches and pains get more frequent as we get older. :censored

Yeah, I was walking through a mall the other day, and I spotted a few kids, about age 7 or so, just randomly sprinting off at full speed, then stopping without blinking an eye or breathing a bit. I thought to myself, even after a year plus of no smokes, I'd still collapse dead if I sprinted the same way. :lol