Author Topic: Unique attributes of each member  (Read 2160 times)

Offline Agalsed

Unique attributes of each member
« on: May 25, 2016, 07:24:28 PM »
Super random thread, but go with me here. I was thinking about attributes that are unique to each member--not musically or anything, just random funky things. Here are the ones I thought of:

Jordan: Only bald one
Myung: Only non-white member
James: Only non-American member
Mike: Only one whose name doesn't start with J.
John: I have no idea. Couldn't come up with one for him. Only member to write all the lyrics for an album?

Are there any other unique attributes you guys can think of?

Offline Dream Team

Re: Unique attributes of each member
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 07:35:45 PM »
I believe JP is the only Ursus Horribilis.

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 08:14:00 PM »
Isn't JP the only one with an earring?

(Does he still wear one? I remember one of the pics of John's ear in the Six Degrees booklet)

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 08:15:56 PM »
Another one could be that JP is the only one who doesn't have 2 kids - he has 3, based on the acknowledgements in many albums' booklets.

Offline red barchetta

• don't worry, I'm being watched lol
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 10:03:29 PM »
JP is the only one who looks like a Taliban.
JM is the only one always wearing black clothes.
jLB is the only one with a french descent family name.
With all respect, sincerely yours

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 07:45:03 AM »
JM is symmetrical.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline red barchetta

• don't worry, I'm being watched lol
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 09:58:10 PM »
With all respect, sincerely yours

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 01:32:08 AM »
When I saw the title, I thought the thread was about MUSICAL attributes of each member  :lol
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Cable

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 05:53:02 PM »
Semantics here, but JP is balding, and JLB I reckon is too. I feel like JLB got a hair transplant, and there was a middle of the point 2000s where it looked bad. JR is both balding/bald and shaven. I haven't really looked closely at his dome to see his balding process, and he keeps his dome against the grain smooth. I'm much more lazy with my noggin.  :lol I haven't seen the usual lighter vs darker patches where hair still grows with JR, but u haven't really looked either.

IMO, JP is getting closer to a point where he will either transplant, shorten it, or just continue and Devin Townsend it.

I honestly do not know any attributes of them, so the only things we have are physical things. Some of those are changeable in themselves- JP is clearly the most active working out, but JM does like 250 push-ups apparently before shows. JLB fell out of shape only to get in shape in 2003.
---

Offline pcs90

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 09:32:33 PM »
Not sure if anyone else does this but JR is the only one I've heard who consistently says the word "because" differently..."be-coss".

Offline Cable

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 10:39:29 PM »
Giant photo of JR. https://magnacarta.net/Jordan_Rudess/images/jr8x10print.jpg

So as a fellow head shaver, baldness on the top, but not super advanced to produce a full blown horseshoe as I call them. Not sure when the photo is from though.

Not sure if anyone else does this but JR is the only one I've heard who consistently says the word "because" differently..."be-coss".

Thanks, inadvertently reminded me! Due to JLB's heritage as already mentioned, he naturally has some Canadian accents. JP has a bit of Long Island accent-isms, and MM has some Boston accent-isms.  So at least three out of the five have different minor accents.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 10:45:07 PM by CableX »
---

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2016, 01:03:48 AM »

If we're discussing words, then let me add that Petrucci is the master of the "you know" thing. Maybe the native speakers don't notice it, but as a foreign, the use of "you know" in sentences really stands out to me, and whenever there's a Petrucci interview, you can be sure he shoots out more "you know" than the notes during This Dying Soul's solo.

This is of course not a knock on him, every language has its peculiarities and the english / american one has this "you know" thing that really stands out to someone who's not a native speaker.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2016, 01:14:01 AM »
labrie: sings the most
petrucci: guitars the most
myung: basses the most
ruddess: keyboards the most
mangini: drums the most

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2016, 01:15:19 AM »
labrie: sings the most
petrucci: guitars the most
myung: basses the most
ruddess: keyboards the most
mangini: drums the most

Aaaaaand the thread is won.

;D

Offline Bill

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2016, 07:10:05 AM »

If we're discussing words, then let me add that Petrucci is the master of the "you know" thing. Maybe the native speakers don't notice it, but as a foreign, the use of "you know" in sentences really stands out to me, and whenever there's a Petrucci interview, you can be sure he shoots out more "you know" than the notes during This Dying Soul's solo.

This is of course not a knock on him, every language has its peculiarities and the english / american one has this "you know" thing that really stands out to someone who's not a native speaker.

Love JP's friendly and modest demeanour, but I have never heard anyone say 'kinda cool' more than him.

Offline CB

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2016, 01:50:07 PM »
MM is the only one who stopped being a touring musician to earn his living doing a "normal" job (teaching)
MM is the only one who's extremely short for a man
JLB is the only one wearing interesting clothes on stage
JLB is the only one who doesn't stop talking in interviews
JM is (obviously) the only silent one

About the hair/balding thing - I might be wrong but I don't think that JLB is balding. To me it seems he just constantly forgets to re-dye his hair, from a distance the light grey parts look like balding. On some photos it's quite obvious.

Offline Salies

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2016, 07:10:33 PM »
LaBrie - Is a Beyblade
Mangini - Many faces during performance
Myung - One face during his entire life
Petrucci - From an androgyne-like guy to a Taliban-like one.
Rudess - Can clone himself to play the bass in Liquid Tension Experiment

I think that settles it...

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2016, 08:50:37 AM »
JR's hands: right handed
JR's feet: ambidextrous
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.