Author Topic: Top 25 Video Games Lists v2.0: Cable's NES Nostalgia 15 & 2 (starts pg32)  (Read 83599 times)

Offline Serah Farron

• Lightning's baby sister~
  • WOOF WOOF.
Agreed, most of the pill scenes are pretty disturbing, but still a good game nonetheless.

Once you get it, I hope you enjoy it! :)

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
Number 23: Give Up

Here is a game....a game which gets more difficult and difficult as you progress. This game will make you rip your hair out and scream in agony as you curse life. This game is a travesty and a huge burden and will stress ANYONE beyond their peaks and limits. You will have nightmares and you will never wake up from it, which is why I love this game so much. No game has ever challenged me this much and the way this game takes you out there is brilliant.

The first level is simple enough. If you have a hard time getting through the first level, do yourself a favor and STOP PLAYING. It is literally impossible to get stuck on the first level. As the level progresses, much more features are added like blocks, guns that shoot you, spikes, pits, traps and it just keeps on adding and adding and adding up. Just when you think they are out of idea's and room, they keep on adding more! Though there is this robot dude named Tasselfoot who is a monitor that follows your every move. He may be helpful at first, but his evil side is shown as he throws insults and insults at you. His goal? He wants you to GIVE UP. There is a huge give up button on the bottom left of the screen. Do not press it until you've had enough. If you press Give Up, a huge sentence on the screen will pop up saying: "YOU GAVE UP!" So, do NOT press that give up button or he wins!

A game that starts off really innocent and easy shows its true colors on the later levels. If you make it through all the levels in 50 deaths or less, man, you are just amazing. It took me over a thousand deaths to beat this whole game and trust me, it is not easy. Far from that. I find Tasselfoot to be much more annoying than any spike or pitfall or flame that either impales me, drops me to my death or burns me alive. His taunting can get really tedious and his words sometimes block the screen so you can't see where you are properly going. How did you end up in the room in the first place? Why the heck are you blue? Well, these are questions only Tasselfoot can answer and he doesn't seem to want to.

Oh well. You can find this game online for free. If you want a time waster, this game is just for you. You will be dying so much that you forget all other stress you have and direct it on this game. Besides the difficulty, this game is pretty cute to play. Well, if you die on a spike, it does not get pretty. Go on, try it out! Though don't be afraid if white hairs begin growing at a much more quicker rate!

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Kinda seems in the vein of Super Meat Boy. Have you played that one?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
Kinda seems in the vein of Super Meat Boy. Have you played that one?

Ah yes, I've found out about Super Meat Boy after playing Game Over. It was in the recommended list. Good game also! :tup

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
Number 22: Calm Time

You are a person who lives in a small house in the countryside, far away from civilization. There, silence and quietness are the norm, and only the wind and the birds break that silence from time to time. Still, things can get lonely from time to time, so you have invited some people to the house for a party. Everything seems to be going pretty well during the party....

Well, what a nice way to start this game eh? You are playing as a man who have been living out of society for the longest time and you have grown bored so you invite everyone into your house so you can have a big party! This game does not stay innocent for so long. Everyone here is happy and wondering why you, an outcast would want to have anyone in your house? Things start going downhill when people start saying that they are very bored and they grow unsettled. This game starts peaking when you walk into a kitchen and a woman asks you for help.

Wait, what? She wants you to hand her a kitchen knife so she can cut the bread to serve it to everyone? Sure! As you grab the knife and give it to her, you stab her, killing her. Someone watches you and warns everyone as they all scatter. That is when you realize....you are the villain. You are the main antagonist of the story and your mission? Kill every single people who came to your party. You aren't the one who is running away from a killer or a monster, you aren't the one that has to survive the night. Instead, you are the one people have to run away from. You are the one who must hunt down any unfortunate soul that may cross you in your path and the game begins.

You have to kill everyone in your house, and you have to stab them twice to finish them off. They are very quick and WILL outrun so you can either time your stabs right or you can utilize another mechanic, which I will go into later. The first stab cripples them, drastically reducing their speed. Once you stab them, you won't have to worry about them running away. They are done for. And the second stab, obviously kills them. So, the other mechanic. The guests run away and hide. When they hide in a room, they will look forwards and backwards. When they are staring away from you, you can approach them and they won't notice, but if they are staring at you and you start running to them, they will run away. Hide and when they are not looking at you, stab them. Once you do, you can finish them off easily.

Do you see the lady in chains at the top of this write up? Well, she plays a role in this game also. Even though you are the killer, there are still minor jump scare moments. That lady follows you around once you kill your first victim. The lady can't harm you at all. She just stands there and stares at you. You can ignore her, or you can stab her. After you kill someone, she usually appears next to their corpse. If you stab her, there is a static noise that may catch you off guard and she will disappear, though she will appear again.

Also, there is a moment you will have to kill a little boy. That part for me is the hardest part of the game. Well, killing the innocent's is hard, yes, but to kill that boy? His cries of agony is heart wrenching to listen to and I almost cried after I killed him. It was just too sad. Seeing his blood trailing on the floor and to see him crawling so weakly, that can affect you.

The graphics of this game are pixels, but don't let that bother you. This is still a very powerful, though a little disturbing game you can play. If you wanted to be an antagonist and wanted to experience a killing spree, then you might enjoy this game. Playing this game may affect you as it is surprisingly powerful, and you will see what loneliness and being cut off society for quite a time can do to you.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
horror games aren't really my thing (obviously) but i'll be following this nonetheless  :corn

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
It's a mix between horror and non horror games. Thanks for following. :)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Another really interesting list of games. Usually when people talk about horror games they go to the same handful of games but your list has a lot of new stuff I've never heard of.

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
Number 21: I Saw Her Standing There

Here is an adorable little game you can play if you want to kill time. It's not a horror game, just a casual game and your goal is to keep your zombie girlfriend locked tight and secure. So, you play as this black stick figure and you meet this pink stick figure and want to mate with her or whatever. Ok, ignore that. That sounded creepy. :P So, your goal every single level is to lure her to a cage and that will shut her tight. The level will get more difficult as you progress through the game so keep that in mind. There will be more obstacles as you go on through the game and there will also be other zombies that will interfere with your work. What do you do? Shoot them down!! Thankfully, even if you spray your gun at the female zombie, she won't be affected. This game is pretty short and simplistic so I won't go into a detailed write up.

Anyways, this game sure can kill time for me and I can only sigh in awe as I see the poor male stick figure not being able to get the girl because she is a zombie. The ending is pretty sweet so if you want to figure out what happens in the end, try it yourself. Anyways, this is it for this game.

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
Number 20: Achievement Unlocked 3

Here is Achievement Unlocked 3! Here is another time waster just like I Saw Her Standing There, but this game is much more longer and has more depth to it. Your purpose for this game? Unlock all the achievements in the game! There are 400 achievements so have fun!

Hey, hey, don't click away from the game yet! It will be very easy to get the majority of all the achievements. Some achievements are as simple as jumping or running. This is a really cute game as you assume the role of a tiny blue elephant. <3 You are stuck in a dark room with and a pipe that has the words: "Free Candy?" labeled over the top. And since you are a greedy elephant who loves candy, you enter the pipe, right? Of course you do! Even if you aren't greedy, and if you don't love candy, you still have to enter the pipe. Why? Why all these questions? Just enter it, jeez!

There is a really fat and grumpy guinea pig that is stuck in a tube and you have to feed the guinea pig pellets. The pellets are scattered throughout the rooms and every time you give him a pellet, you unlock the achievement. And as I've said ahead, don't let the 400 achievements deter you. In the first ten seconds of the game, I earned 53 achievements, just by mashing the keyboard.

There are so many places to explore and much things to do, you will not grow bored of this game. Once this game has grasped your attention, you will finish playing it. This game is also pretty bright. If you hate bright things like I do, be prepared to hiss like a vampire when it see's sunlight. Other than that, this is a cute game you will find yourself immersed in. Also, the guinea pig is very annoying so when you reach the ending....you will surely be satisfied, but if you love the guinea pig, this game will reduce you to tears.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
I haven't heard of either of those games, not sure if they would be something I'm interested in but regardless great writeups!

I think this list is going to go down as the one with the most games I haven't heard of :lol

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
Thanks Reap! And yeah, I would have never found out about these games if I hadn't wasted over 10 hours of my life searching for games online because I was bored. :D

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
Number 19: The Visitor Returns

Here is another point and click horror game and in this game, you assume the role of an alien bug or insect who has come down in a meteor. You must devour and assimilate your prey by clicking on various environments. The visitor can die so be careful of that. The scenes here can also be pretty gruesome because you have to kill and consume prey's so there's a warning. You first find yourself in the backyard with a raccoon who is trying to dig through the trash. Get rid of him and unlock the trash. Your goal here is the consume the raccoon without him squishing you. Once you do consume him, you have the claws of him and now it is time to devour your next prey.

Next, you must consume the spider and the skunk to make your way inside a trailer. Eating the spider gains you a venomous sac of poison in your thorax and consuming the skunk allows you to squirt that nasty spray the skunks let out. Once you spray inside the crack of a window, you hear a man coughing as he opens the window fully. You must now enter, but there are two problems. 1) A dog, and 2) a man are there posing a problem. You have to figure out how to kill the two problems. And it hurts me, but yes, you have to kill the dog. One thing I'm against is killing animals, but to progress on towards the game....you have to do what the game wants you to do.

Eating the scorpion in the room gains you a stinger, but that dog bark and barks, making you unable to progress. Lure the dog outside, kill it :(, then return in with fangs. Now your target is the man. You have to light his sleeve on fire and once you, this distracts the man and you must jump under the table. Once you are there, he is yours. You rip is neck out and he dies. A woman screams and slams the door. You must make your way outside to the other window, but beware, the woman has a gun and she will shoot once so don't go barging in. Once you waste her ammo, you go in her room and you see her terrified, aiming a gun at you. Now, you have five choices and you make a combination in killing her. Here are the lists of ways you can kill her.

1) Decapitation
2) Evisceration
3) Suffocation
4) Envenomation
5) Ventrical Penetration
6) Mutation

This game is pretty brutal and disgusting and I almost lost my lunch after this and some scenes here still a bit unsettling for me, but overall, I came to enjoy this game with all the choices this game gives you. Really a brilliant little game. There is a third game also, but I enjoy the second one of the trilogy because it offers more choices than the first one, but the third one deviates away from point and click.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
I actually have played the achievement unlocked games, they're pretty silly

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
I actually have played the achievement unlocked games, they're pretty silly

They are pretty silly. :D

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
Number 18: The Static Speaks My Name

Here is a really dark horror game that has absolutely no jumpscares, but the plot behind this twisted game will send shivers down anyone. I remember the first time I played this, I had not expected the ending and I broke down crying because this game had scared me and had touched me in many different ways I had never expected to feel before. Basically, this really short ten minute horror game has steps you must accomplish. On the top left corner, there will be steps you must follow. It will say things like: 1) Objective 1: Use the bathroom, Objective 2: Eat Breakfast, etc and you must follow them. This game is as linear as it gets and just follow the steps that appear on the top left corner and you will reach the end in no time. The things that disturbed me the most in this game was 1) Eating your live pet shrimp, 2) Visiting a naked, starving man who you have locked in your cave for no apparent reason, and 3) Your death.

It will be better if you played this yourself so you can actually feel the darkness of the game, but the ending is not for the faint of heart.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
That's sounds like a game I might enjoy. I'm not big on the jump scares but the psychological horror stuff I'm down for.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Ohdamn, just heard about this a few days ago, added it to steam. Gotta play it soon  :tup

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
That's sounds like a game I might enjoy. I'm not big on the jump scares but the psychological horror stuff I'm down for.

Yeah, those games are sometimes great, yet they affect us a lot. It was a good experience! :D

Ohdamn, just heard about this a few days ago, added it to steam. Gotta play it soon  :tup

Oh really? Nice! You won't regret playing it! :)

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
Number 17: Gretel and Hansel

Quite the innocent looking picture and game right?? :angel:

WRONG!!!!!

This is a click and point horror game where you assume the role of Gretel, the female character and you must save yourself and Hansel from the horror filled adventure. There are no jumpscares here, but there are some pretty disturbing deaths so there's a warning for you. You're goal is pretty similar from the original story, Hansel and Gretel, find your way home after your step mother dumps you in the middle of the forest, but there are some twists to the story. Now, I'm not going to spoil what happens in story as that is for you to find out, but I have to say that this game might possibly ruin your childhood. I know it ruined mine. It was bad when the story says that the witch were going to eat Hansel and Gretel, but this game? Man, it's a whole new definition of twisted and sick. Still enjoyable. And adorable. <3

Kinda. ;)

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
Number 16: Corpse Party

Ah, Corpse Party. I found out this game on Steam by accident and because it was going through a major sale. When I bought it and finished it, I immediately bought all the games and haven't regretted the purchase ever since...same with my number one. Anyways, this game, as well as most of my previous list of games is a survival horror/adventure game. When you play this game, you will play in a linear, third person, top down style. You are trapped in a haunted school ground and must escape this hell hole. You have to interact with people and objects while avoiding enemies to survive. There are also multiple endings for this game so watch out for that too.

So, you are in this school that has been torn down due to murder and disappearances of students and staff alike. But, some genius' decide to rebuild the school and when they do, they hold a party. A group of people say a charm that would keep them as friends for eternity, but it goes haywire and they are transported to an alternate dimension, in the haunted school. The main character you control is Satoshi Mochida, a timid yet kindhearted high school student who is teased by his classmates for his cowardly nature. Hee hee. Reminds me of me. There are also three other characters you can play, who are students from Satoshi's class: Naomi Nakashima, Satoshi's childhood friend; Yoshiki Kishinuma, an intimidating yet good-natured student; and Ayumi Shinozaki, the class representative. Rounding out the group is Yuka Mochida, Satoshi's younger sister. The game's antagonist is Sachiko Shinozaki, the red ghost of a young girl who kills the students in Heavenly Host in anger over her and her mother's murder. Ouch....brutal.

Anyways, this game has strings of dark history and tragic events that will make you gasp in disbelief. This game has no jumpscares, but the tension you feel throughout the game is real. Still, it is still a very fun horror game that I'd recommend anyone to play. Just wait for it to go on Steam sale and grab it. You won't be disappointed.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
Ok so I gotta play Gretal and Hansel, that sounds super interesting from the art style to a twist on an older story.

Offline Cable

Just saying I have heard of Give Up! I watched a Let's Play of it. Interesting enough concept!
---

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
I've had the 3DS release of Corpse Party ever since it came out, but have yet to start it. I like both visual novels and psychological horror, so it should be right up my alley.
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
Number 15: Reimagine :the game:

Here is a really fun game which I love to play. This game is like a parody and satire of the real world. This is the third installment of the trilogy of :the game: The purpose of this game is to kill stick figures by making them fall to their doom. You get to control your character and each level has something different to throw at you every single time. After you play this game, I won't blame you, if you don't have a single clue of what the heck is going on. Also, there are some jokes you may not understand, it still is worth it to play. There is nothing much I can say about this game, but you should go ahead and give it a try. Don't let this small line of text deter you.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
I literally don't know any of these games. :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
:lol

I can understand. Most of these games might be like that. :tup

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
Number 14: That Level Again 3

Ok, so the first two games of this trilogy was simple. You had to guide your character across from point A to B for all 50+ levels with some twists as the levels went on.....

Sometimes, all you had to do was rack your brain if you wanted to pass the level. Simple enough. Then came the third game which changed every thing. I have been a fan of this trilogy and I find 3 to be the best I've played because the story has an actual plot to it. This game guides you as you play along through it and it is filled with a lot of thinking outside the box, adventure, and one of my favorite, romance. :heart :heart

So, as you progress through the story, you realize that the main character's girlfriend or wife....I honestly have no idea, but she died a year ago from whenever you play the game.

The solution? Go and push the date backwards one year. After you revive her, you must go through another set of puzzles, utilizing both the characters and racking your brain once more. Once you reach the near of the story, or so you think, something tragic happens. To save yourself, you supposedly leave your girl to a painful death. She falls into a pit and she's gone. You are grief stricken and that causes your body to stay still. You have the will to live as you slowly fade away and the screen turns blank. Isn't it sweet?

THE END!!!!!

If you thought that was the end, well, it's not. You find yourself in the main screen again and you must replay the first part again, but by the time you have reached the first ending, you should have learned the secret move. Use the move and you'll find the once blocked pathway open. Once it's open, you reunite with your girl and you both have to get out. The next part of the game uses a totally different atmosphere and are brain teasers. Every time you pass a level, you must touch the girl. Once you do, she fades away. This keeps happening until the last level. You must stop her from fading away. Once you do, the screen seems to glitch and after solving that part of the puzzle, you get the escape outside of the nightmare. You are finally free and the game ends there.

There is also a sad ending, but you must pay to unlock it. Basically what the sad ending is, is like the final part of the level. But, instead of touching her and keeping her from fading, you must jump over her and ignore her. Once you do that sufficient times, you fade away and the girl starts shedding tears as the screen darkens.

I recommend you play the entire trilogy for the full effect. This games requires a lot of thinking out of the box. Logic will get you nowhere, which is why I enjoy this game. :)

:tup

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
Number 13: One Chance

Ok, here is possibly one of the saddest games I've ever played online and this game made me cry like a lot. It was so bad I cried myself to sleep and had a dream about this game and I woke up with tears in my eyes. No joke. This game is really powerful and it should touch you. One Chance is a game about choices and dealing with them. Scientist John Pilgrim and his team have accidentally created a pathogen that is killing all living cells on Earth. In the last 6 remaining in-game days on Earth, the player must make choices about how to spend his last moments. Will you spend time with his family, work on a cure or go nuts? What is most important for you? If you choose to spend time with your family, you will all eventually die, but if you work on a cure, you still will lose someone really special.......

So, you live with your wife Penny and your young daughter, Molly. All 6 days, you have a choice you can use. The first day, you are congratulated for finding the cure for cancer as the stocks go up and you feel very proud of yourself, but the next day......you realize that the contents in the cure mutated, killing every single cell in your body and ultimately leading to the earth's demise. The gravity of the situation sets in as you find your coworker committing suicide because he feels like he is partially responsible and after death, the deaths start coming painfully.

If you decide to spend the time with your family, you lose yourself, your wife, and your daughter. If you choose the find the cure, you lose your daughter and your wife. What decision are you willing to make? If you choose to spend time with your family, your coworker rushes in your house and kills your wife and your daughter in their sleep. You can see a knife sticking through your daughter's chest and your wife hung and a knife sticking out of her. You rush to work and the cure can't be found because it's too late and outside in the park, you die from the virus.

You can choose to take your daughter with you to work on the last day to prevent your daughter's death, for now. You take her to work, but you can't find the cure, because you haven't been working on so you both fade away. Better than her being stabbed, right?

If you choose to find the cure, you must work on it for the whole week, not including the first day. If you do that, your wife commits suicide in the bathroom.

Once you find the cure, you put the cure in yourself and you are cured, but unfortunately, it is only enough for you. You don't have it for your daughter as you take her to the park and you spend with her, her last moments and she ends up dying from the virus, but you are still alive. Still pretty tragic.

This game is really dark with all the endings resulting in the death of your loved one. Something cool about this game is that you can only play this once. If you have an ending and try to play it again, this game won't let you. You indeed had only One Chance.

When I first played this game, I couldn't help the tears that were coming out. Also, the depressing doesn't help at all.

Here is the song in case you are interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJrHJu2txfE

Play this game. I want all of you who are reading this to play it. Tell me how it goes...

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
Number 12: For One Night Only

Here is a horror game with some jumpscares. This game is For One Night Only. For this game, you play as a little girl named Hannah who is lost in a circus. You must find your way outside of this circus, but there is an alleged child rapist (I know, disgusting...>:()dressed as a clown that stalks you. Once he finds you, he will, *you know what* and then kill you, just as he did to other unfortunate children who stumbled their way in the circus. Your friends in this game is your conscience who is kinda a jerk as she mocks you and calls you a stupid little girl. Your other friend, who can become an enemy is a candle. You must have the candles on because if you don't, you will start hearing voices and you will possibly collapse and die from shock(?) But, if you have your candle on, the clown can spot you. Once he spots you, he will start running towards you and you must blow out your candle to avoid being seen. Doing that puts in you the situation of you dying if you don't relight the candle up again. If you run into the clown when your light is off, he will still kill you so stay away from me.

All in all, this is one rough game. The jumpscares are pretty high for this one so you should constantly be on your toes. The atmosphere of this game is also very thick and sooner or later you might find yourself being choked by the atmosphere. Still, a great game though.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Some of these sound absolutely terrifying. Not scary as in "makes you jump" but as in "creeps you the fuck out".

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
Heh, definitely.

I love the feeling of my skin crawling away from my body. It's pretty satisfying, once you get over the shock. There is this warmth that spreads all over me.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Have you played Amnesia? And if so, did you do it the way you're supposed to, with headphones on and the lights off?

I be am boner inducing.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
Great write-ups as always.

Have you played Amnesia? And if so, did you do it the way you're supposed to, with headphones on and the lights off?

I played amnesia that way and I needed take breaks :lol I would get so tense

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.

Heck yes. But it was quite a while ago. And yep! That scared the living crumbs out of me. This is a game I wouldn't want to revisit.

Great write-ups as always.

Thanks Reap! Thanks for taking your time reading it! It means a lot.

I played amnesia that way and I needed take breaks :lol I would get so tense

Oh man, isn't that the truth? :P