Author Topic: Top 25 Video Games Lists v2.0: Cable's NES Nostalgia 15 & 2 (starts pg32)  (Read 83088 times)

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
  • Death is only the beginning......
This write-up will be short. My top 15 and onwards will start seeing the length increase, because I have much more nostalgia and ecstasy of it.

Number 20: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm

History:
As soon as I finished StarCraft II, I knew I had to get the trilogy: Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm, and Legacy of the Void. I played all three games and this title received the icing on the cake.

StarCraft 2:

Heart of the Swarm is the name of the StarCraft II zerg campaign and episode.

It is released separately from the other two games and was priced as an expansion. The basic set costs $40 USD and the deluxe set costs $55 to $60. The Collector's Edition costs $80. It has been collected into a battlechest alongside Wings of Liberty. On July 15 2015, Heart of the Swarm was made a standalone title, allowing play without having first purchased Wings of Liberty.

It follows Wings of Liberty and precedes Legacy of the Void chronologically and storywise.

The game is so named as per it being the most in-depth look into the zerg that Blizzard has ever carried out, allowing players to look into the 'heart' of the Swarm.

Description:
The Queen of Blades is gone. On the hellish planet Char, Jim Raynor harnessed the power of an ancient Xel’Naga artifact in a desperate bid to stop the zerg Swarm from overrunning the Koprulu sector, and the relic restored Sarah Kerrigan to her human form. Without their queen to guide and unify them, the Swarm has fractured into several broods scattered throughout the Koprulu sector. One of the greatest threats to the galaxy has been neutralized...or so it seems.

Sarah Kerrigan is on the loose. Even without the terrible powers of the Queen of Blades or the might of the Swarm at her command, the former Ghost remains a foe not to be taken lightly. But if the artifact really did set her free, then why is Kerrigan seeking out zerg broods scattered throughout the Koprulu sector? What happened to Jim Raynor? Is she still pursuing her quest for vengeance, or has her transformation given Kerrigan a new purpose?

Who is Sarah Kerrigan?

Storyline:
SPOILER ALERT!

"How many innocents have you killed? How many more have to die?"
- Horace Warfield

Heart of the Swarm is a sequel to Wings of Liberty. It focuses on Sarah Kerrigan and the development of a zerg empire. Kerrigan is no longer considered the Queen of Blades. Questions remain about why Kerrigan is no longer with Jim Raynor and whether her transformation has given her new purpose. It begins three weeks after the end of Wings of Liberty. Kerrigan is treated as an anti-hero storywise, and will have to make peace with her relationship with the Swarm over the course of the story. Themes of identity and responsibility will be present, of how responsible Kerrigan is for her actions and whether there are some crimes that can't be forgiven. She is torn in a sense, with her love for Raynor pulling her in one direction, and her hatred for Mengsk pulling her in another.

Following the Dominion victory on Char, the Zerg Swarm was scattered, and Kerrigan was transformed into a human form but still has some infested elements (such as her zerg "dreadlocks"), and whether she had her original personality back. Kerrigan was taken by Jim Raynor and Valerian Mengsk to a Umojan Protectorate lab in order to escape the pursuit of Arcturus Mengsk, who wanted her dead. Valerian and the Umojan scientists experimented on her control of the zerg swarm, which angered Kerrigan, and she sent zerglings against the robotic defenses of the lab. Valerian later let her go, but a Terran Dominion force under Nova stormed the facility to capture Kerrigan. Kerrigan escaped, but Jim Raynor was captured. Kerrigan went to the rendezvous site to find Jim, but found only a Dominion force that had set up a Drakken pulse cannon. She reclaimed the Naktul Brood in the region, and destroyed the Dominion forces, but Jim was nowhere to be found. She tuned into a UNN broadcast reporting that Jim Raynor had been killed, which set her on the path of revenge against Mengsk.

Kerrigan boarded a Zerg Leviathan, and took control of the broods there. She found Abathur and Izsha aboard it, who had served as her assistants when she was the Queen of Blades.

The following section contains timeline information which isn't necessarily in chronological order.
Kerrigan sought to regain the broods of the rogue broodmother Nafash on the planet Kaldir. When she arrived, she found the brood feral and scattered, and that the protoss colonists there had slew Nafash. They tried to contact Shakuras to bring their fleets against her, but she destroyed their psi-link spires and ark shuttles before they could contact the Golden Armada. The colonists then attempted to escape on the Daelaam Ark, but using a larva implanted in the protoss Lasarra, Kerrigan spawned a broodmother on the shuttle. All protoss on board the ship were killed before they could contact Shakuras.

Kerrigan set her broods to reclaim the planet Char, which was under the control of the Terran Dominion under General Warfield. She first fought against the rogue Broodmother Zagara, who did not recognize Kerrigan's authority as the leader of the swarm. Kerrigan spared her, and began having Abathur manipulate her to make her more powerful. She then broke through Warfield's Bone Trench, and assaulted his base. The Dominion on Char were broken, and Kerrigan killed Warfield. However, his last condemning words gave Kerrigan a moment of mercy, and she allowed the wounded Dominion forces to escape.

In the aftermath, the Leviathan was boarded by Prelate Zeratul. Kerrigan was initially hostile to Zeratul, but he granted her a vision of Zerus, the zerg homeworld, and that the prophecy demanded that she be remade there as a primal zerg. Kerrigan was hesitant, but acted on the prophecy, and moved on Zerus, wanting the power to get revenge on Mengsk. She battled the pack leaders of the planet, and awakened Zurvan, the most ancient primal zerg on the planet. Zurvan told her of the first spawning pool, where she could be reborn as primal zerg. Kerrigan did this, leaving her assistants to defend her. After battling the pack leaders, Kerrigan was reborn with more power than she ever had as the Queen of Blades. A primal Zerg named Dehaka saw her power, and offered his allegiance, but the other primals gathered their packs to challenge her. Kerrigan used her new power to defeat all of the pack leaders, including Zurvan himself, and gathered the primal zerg under her control.

Kerrigan was then contacted by Mengsk, who told her Raynor was alive and if she attacked the Dominion he would kill her. Kerrigan could not sense Raynor, but swore to find him. She contacted Matt Horner and Valerian Mengsk, who knew only Colonel Orlan could get through the Dominions deep-encryption network to find Jim Raynor. The group met with Mira Han who had him in custody, but refused to give him up. Matt Horner lead the Hyperion against Mira Han, and destroyed her fortress, getting Orlan back. Orlan found Jim Raynor on the Moros, a secure Dominion prison vessel. Kerrigan raided the vessel and found Jim, but he refused her as she had reinfested herself. He left the ship, but refused to talk to her.

The Swarm got a psionic message from an infested terran named Alexei Stukov, who told Kerrigan of the Dominion Hybrid Breeding Program on Skygeirr Platform. Kerrigan agreed to help Stukov, and boarded the platform, infesting the marines guarding it. She broke into the facility, discovering the ancient xel'naga Narud in the guise of a Moebius Foundation terran. Kerrigan destroyed the Hybrid dominators he sent to assault her, and pushed further into the xel'naga ruins the base was built on.  The swarm engaged the Tal'darim guarding the inner ruins, and Kerrigan engaged with Narud in single combat. Stukov set about commanding the swarm to deactivate the xel'naga shrines powering Narud, allowing Kerrigan to push his null zone back at him. He was wounded, but not killed. Kerrigan then pursued Narud into the ruins, where he took the guise of Jim Raynor, then her in her uninfested form. After a close battle, Kerrigan slew Narud, but he told her of the fallen xel'naga Amon and his return. She was rescued by Zagara, who commanded the swarm while she recovered. Kerrigan swore that after she killed Mengsk, she would face Amon.

Kerrigan then began her final assault on Korhal to kill Mengsk, bringing her broods in for the final battle. Valerian told Kerrigan to set her brood down outside the city so he could evacuate the civilian population, to which Kerrigan reluctantly agreed. Korhal's orbital defenses were heavy, and destroyed millions of zerg upon entry. Kerrigan engineered bile launchers that were able to destroy Korhal's defense network. As they closed on the capitol, Mengsk unleashed the psi destroyer, a platform that could destroy any zerg connected to the hive mind. Dehaka lead the primal zerg unconnected to the hive mind to destroy the power generators on the platform, allowing Kerrigan to destroy the weapon. In the final assault, Mengsk sent his elite guard against Kerrigan. Jim Raynor moved in with the Hyperion to support Kerrigan's forces. After fighting their way through his elite guard, Kerrigan entered the palace herself to kill Mengsk. However, Mengsk was prepared with the Keystone, which could still harm Kerrigan. Raynor was close behind, and crushed Mengsk's control device. Without his artifact, Kerrigan sent a psionic pulse through Mengsk, killing him. Kerrigan thanked Jim, then mobilized her broods to face Amon.

Gameplay:
A few updates have been made to the game's graphics engine, including upgrades to the look and behavior of zerg creep, as well as some changes that allow Blizzard artists to better showcase the worlds in the game. However, Blizzard intends for the expansion to have the same minimum hardware requirements as Wings of Liberty.

A new feature is the rock pillar/collapsible rock tower, which can be destroyed in order to block off a choke point.

Main and gas-extracting structures now display by passing the cursor the number of workers related to it. For example, passing a cursor on a hatchery will show "workers: 10/24" and on an extractor will show "workers: 0/3")

(Broodwar vs SC II Overmind Comparison)

(Kerrigan SC Broodwar vs SC II Comparison)

(Broodwar Terran base)

(SC II Terran Base)

(SC Broodwar Zeratul vs SC II Zeratul)

(Devastating SC II Nuke Attack)

Why I Love This Game:

1. Graphics: I mean, who doesn't love better graphics? This game looks very real. The animation, character death, etc is so improved from the original and the voice acting is much better and filling.
2. More Units: I love new stuff. The units added were super fun and gave me much more variety on my build. I loved making up unit compositions and throwing some wackiest compositions at the enemy, only to be met with little or no resistance to my composition.
3. Really Strong Plot: This was the only StarCraft Plot that had me begging for more. There were a a lot of twists and turns. The death of Warfield was sudden and unexpected and we finally got to kill Mengsk!
4. Difficulty: I love difficult games and this game was hard. I still haven't completed this game 100% without using any cheats. I grew so used the cheats that I can't win without it! Well, it's time to start fresh. New difficulty arises.
"Suicide sometimes proceeds from cowardice, but not always; for cowardice sometimes prevents it; since as many live because they are afraid to die, as die because they are afraid to live."
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Sweet a game I played on your list (well kind of)!  I used to love the RTS games growing up, was mainly a Command and Conquer fan, but the old Warcrafts and original Starcraft were great.  I played through Wings of Liberty but never played the rest.  I really enjoyed it, but I think my liking of RTS games has faded over time.  I think it has a lot to do with being terrible at them online or at any difficulty other than easy.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I played both WoL and HoTS campaigns and I thought WoL was far superior. I've bought HotS only because I really liked WoL campaign, but HotS campaign was a major disappointment for me, so I didn't even bother to find out when Legacy of the Void is coming out - or maybe it's out already, hey, I don't know.

I'm not even too bothered with the plot (which was cheesy beyond belief, but it was expected), but rather with the campaigns' difficulty. I had a really hard time beating WoL's campaign on the maximum difficulty, and that was fun as hell too, and I mean, it was difficult to just beat all the levels without the additional achievements for me. And I had no problems with this at HotS at all, the whole campaign was a piece of cake except one or two missions. That took a lot of my enjoyment away. Maybe I just learned to play better, but I don't really think so. :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Never played SC2 but loved the write up. I have a close friend who loves the series.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
SC2 is (as was SC:BW too) really fun online if you're up and ready to compete against fellow players. Loads of strategies employed and lots of skill needed. I haven't played HotS online, but WoL was a lot of fun indeed. But you had to practice your builds with bots and all that in order to be at least decent in PVP and get to Platinum / Diamond league. You couldn't just make up your strategy and builds on the fly (well, maybe some of the guys could but I couldn't :lol )

Offline Cable

WoL was all in better IMO, but to me HotS had a better story. Even though it got panned. I haven't played much of LotV, but I do like the additions they have made. The Carrier got nerfed further, so that kind of sucks.

Great write-up again Scar!
---

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
Thank you, thank you all you guys! I really hope you guys played the rest of the games on this list. I know you must have played at least 5 of them. Will have another up soon.  :metal
"Suicide sometimes proceeds from cowardice, but not always; for cowardice sometimes prevents it; since as many live because they are afraid to die, as die because they are afraid to live."
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
Number 19: Maplestory

How'd I Know About This Game?
I was looking for some fun MMORGP's and the first game on the list was Maplestory. Sure enough, curiosity got the best of me and I ended up clicking the site. It looked really fun and very vibrant, so I downloaded it. It did not disappoint at all. League and Maplestory had been my main players, but Maplestory's super sweet community, and casual gameplay was the hook, line, and sinker.

What is Maplestory?
MapleStory is a free, two-dimensional, side-scrolling Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game developed by Wizet and distributed as several versions by various companies. The game takes place mainly in the "Maple World", where players must fight against monsters while completing quests. As in a typical online game, players can mold their characters to their liking by increasing their abilities and skills. Interaction between users is encouraged in a variety of ways, including chatting, trading, marriage and playing mini-games.

Though the game is free to play, players may purchase various enhancements and upgrades in the Cash Shop using real money converted into the in-game currency.

Description
The controls of the game utilises the keyboard and the mouse. The keyboard is used mainly for combating skills and opening lists that are crucial to make use of during the gameplay, one can choose to keep or change the default key configuration to suit their own needs. The mouse is mainly used for triggering quests from NPCs and moving of items in their inventories.

World
In the tutorial stage of the game, one will learn about stats, monsters, skills, and most importantly, how to play the game. Leveling up in the beginning will be easy with the starter quests, but as the player's level gets higher, difficulty of the game increases and the player may experience events such as death that will cause a loss in experience that will delay one's speed to level up.

Players can chat with others, trade, hang out, and much more. There are also Party Quests where players must play in a group, or "party", as said in the world of MapleStory, called. Later, players can also learn Professions to extract resources and craft items.

Elements of the Game
1. Meso is the main currency of the game. Mesos are dropped by monsters and can also be obtained through quests. You may also gain mesos by selling to shops within the game, or even to any player in the game willing to buy what you have to offer.
2. Character Statistics (stats) is the build of a character, and determines how powerful or weak a character is.
3. Quests are tasks that players are able to perform for Non-Player Characters, or NPCs, in exchange for a reward. There are many quests available to players, each having certain requirements that a player must meet before being able to start said quest.
4. Party Quests are quests that only allow a group of players in a party to complete them. This is a great way to make new friends and escape from quest grinding or training. Party Quests usually offer large amounts of experience points or useful Equipment to the players.
5. Monsters are the natural inhabitants of the Maple World. Players have to kill them to gain experience to level up, complete quests, collect items, or obtain mesos.
6. Cash Shopis a store that allows users to buy items with cash. These items do not need to be purchased in order to play the game. However, some might want to buy the items to enhance their gaming experience.

Characters/Classes of the Maple World
A class is essentially the selection of jobs to choose for pursuing in MapleStory. Every new player has to create a character that belongs to one of the classes to get started in the game. After the creation, one will start off as a novice and begin their journey in MapleStory.

Novices start off in their respective beginner areas (eg. Explorers at Maple Island), and they are guided through in the area to help them understand the gameplay of MapleStory, the guided quests will provide training in order for them to level up. When a novice reaches a particular level (usually level 10), they will meet their first Job Advancement, where the novice will receive a new set of skills to make trainings more efficient.

Classes like Explorers, Cygnus Knights and Resistance contain sub-category jobs for players to choose from in-game. Most start off at level 1 but classes like Mercedes and Demon start off at 10 as their tutorial are mostly covered by cut-scenes and videos.

1. Resistance

The Resistance is a group of rebel forces from Edelstein going against the Black Wings. Their base is located under the city and is accessible via a pipe.
Edelstein is a quiet mining village. The people are prosperous, polite, and peaceful and have a knack for using technology – particularly robots. Indeed, Edelstein was such a calm place that neither Explorers nor the Cygnus Knights had been there in hundreds of years. Yet Edelstein has a dark secret. Edelstein is where the Black Mage was born. The town is now the home of the Black Wings, a secret cult dedicated to the resurrection of the Black Mage. They recently came out of hiding and took over Edelstein, oppressing the populace into silence while working hard to resurrect their foul master.

They succeeded.

The Big Bang was the day that the power of the Black Mage touched reality. For a brief instant all of existence…ceased to exist. When it returned, nothing was the same. Even as the citizens of Maple World explore their new reality, the Black Wings of Edelstein continue their dark work.

But the Black Wings' arrogance may yet be their undoing. Deep in the hearts of the down-trodden populace, a flame sparks and the good people of Edelstein think the unthinkable.

They must resist.

The Resistance is the flame in the darkness. They are the rebellion against the Black Wings and they will free their town, no matter the cost. Using new magic and their natural skills, new heroes will join the legends of Maple World to battle the minions of the Black Mage. Hiding as ordinary Edelstein citizens by day, by night a growing legion will band together to overthrow the Black Wings.

In the first blockbuster, the key members of the resistance helps to fight the Black Wings. In Act 1, the Resistance members reveals to have Orchid, who was still unconscious in front of the Empress. As a way to find out the Black Wings future plans, the player have to enter Orchid's memories.

After the Black Wings were destroyed for good, the members celebrate their victory and liberation of their city.

The Citizen is the Beginner class for the Resistance. The Citizen must train and complete missions to become an official member of the Resistance.

The Resistance was formed in an underground base in Edelstein, a town occupied by the Black Wings. For now, the Resistance follows the orders of the Black Wings , but below the facade of good will, revenge burns, waiting to be unleashed on the Black Wings when the time is right.

As a Citizen, you will learn of the Resistance through various episodes that take place at Behind the Mine, Edelstein, Suspicious Laboratory, and other locations.

At level 10, you can a full-fledged member of the Resistance by talking to Headmaster Ferdi, and start down the path as a Battle Mage, Wild Hunter, Blaster or Mechanic to drive the Black Wings from Edelstein!

2. Explorers

Explorers are the original classes of MapleStory. They are the main branches of Maplers who fought in the general effort against the Black Mage and his horde of evil monsters. Cygnus Knights, the Heroes, and other warriors later joined the Explorers to lead the battle against the Black Mage. Explorers are then given their own storyline in RED.

Beginners are a class in MapleStory. All new players who are in the category of Explorers start the game as Beginners on Maple Island. At level 10, Beginners may make the first job advancement and become either a Warrior, Magician, Bowman, Thief, or a Pirate. Though Beginners are not considered one of the "main" character classes, some people choose to remain as a Beginner past the first, second, or even third job advancements. They do this for a variety of reasons, the main one being that it is a challenge to take a Beginner that far.

Permanent Beginners, also known as Perma-Beginners, are Beginners who choose not to make a job advancement. They get several perks, including no EXP-loss upon death and plenty of respect after reaching a certain level. However, disadvantages to being a Perma-Beginner include having less HP and MP (Health and Mana Points), lack of skills, and very limited access to equipment. Their build is similar to that of a Warrior's so they rely mostly on melee weapons, but they will also never hit as high as most Warriors. It is hard to level up as a Perma-Beginner since a majority of quests are job-restricted, and it is harder to take down most monsters than other characters. Nonetheless, plenty of players are proud to be Beginners.

3. Cygnus

The Cygnus Knights are special knights who fought towards one goal - to defeat the Black Mage. The Black Mage was trying to take over the land of Maple World, but this act was stopped by the Cygnus Knights, temporarily. Now it is time for them to rise again and challenge the Black Mage once more.

A long time ago, there used to be a kingdom within El Nath's boundaries. This kingdom belonged to the Lion King, Von Leon.

During that time, a rumor stated that Von Leon pledged himself and had sold his soul to the Black Mage. The Cygnus Knights immediately stormed El Nath to catch the Black Mage in his tracks, but at the same time, Von Leon's wife, Ifia, was murdered and a Cygnus Knight Crest was left behind, bringing rage and vengeance within the Lion King.

After Von Leon's Castle was stormed by the Cygnus Knights, he felt that he had no choice but to willingly join the Black Mage. After the Black Mage was defeated by the Heroes, Von Leon retreated to his castle, casted a spell that killed every citizen of El Nath and changed them into the monsters in the present day, and swore that he would return when his master would do so.

In the Gate to the Future, all of MapleStory was taken over by the Cygnus Knights, all but Neinheart succumbed to the Black Mage's trickery and corruption.

Many years into the future, Empress Cygnus, who felt that her Knights could not match up to the other classes, tried locating an object known as the World Tree, which could make them stronger. Neinheart, admitting that the Cygnus Knights are a "failure", begged the Empress to not steal what did not belong to them and disband the Knights so they may reform themselves, but refused.

After the Cygnus Knights found the World Tree, they were caught in the Black Mage's trap! After the darkness had spread through the Knights, Ereve fell out of the sky and crashed near Victoria Island, unleashing the dark terror of the Cygnus Knights throughout all of MapleStory...

At the end of the series of quests, Wence reveals that the Silent Crusade was a top-secret organization created by the Cygnus Knights in order to gather information about the Black Mage and to prevent disasters from occurring.

In the Knights of Cygnus class, players start out as a Noblesse instead of a Beginner. The Knights of Cygnus class starts with a very simple tutorial where it teaches the basis of the game, such as how to attack and pick up items. Then, players enter Ereve, home of the Knights of Cygnus. On Ereve, players are then guided through quests which involves hunting monsters as a Noblesse, and eventually choose between five different job advancements: Dawn Warrior, Blaze Wizard, Wind Archer, Night Walker, or Thunder Breaker.

Some skills can be unlocked according to job at levels 90, 100 & 110. A quest will be sent to the player and it must be completed to gain new skills.

4. Heroes
The world of MapleStory was not always such a cheerful place. There has been evil in the past, most noticeably the evil Black Mage. However, the reason the Maple World is a happy place, it is today, is due to the efforts of six selfless heroes who fought the Black Mage, sealed him away, and brought peace and prosperity to the Maple World.

However, their efforts were not without sacrifice, and in the process of sealing away the Black Mage, they were then themselves sealed in ice, and Aran's memories were wiped clean. However, the six heroes have awoken and are prepared to counterattack the Black Wings, the army of the Black Mage.

All of the six heroes were together again to fight against the Demon Army and the Commander of the Black Mage who was predicted to destroy the World Tree in the second blockbuster.

Why I Love This Game:
1. Music: The music is really enjoyable. It adds to the game. Mario games have perfect music that fill me with a lot of emotions and that is why Mario games are near the top. Anyways, we're not on Mario yet. Maplestory's music is really nice. There is music that soothes the soul, that pumps you up, etc.

2. Casual: This is no competitive game. Just get yourself a snack and just casually sit back and enjoy it! No stress necessary.

3. Community: Super sweet community. Need help? Ask anyone! Everyone here is helpful, but usually, you have to be the one to initiate. If you wait for someone to initiate, you might be waiting a long time.

Skills. You have to use skills to effectively kill monsters.

(The Resistance Group.)

The Cygnus group.

The Six Legendary Heroes

The Explorers

(Kill or be Killed)

Henesys, the main hub of the Maple World.
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Never even heard of it, but that sounds like a really nice game! Interesting that it's both side-scrolling and massively multiplayer - can't really imagine how that might work.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
I think I may of heard the name maplestory by someone on Giant Bomb but that's it. Not sure if this game is my cup of tea but good writeup nonetheless.

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
Number 18: Left 4 Dead 2
[/b][/u]

How'd I Know About This Game?
[/size]
Well, for this game. This was one of the hottest games released during 2009 and the fans gibbering about this caught my attention. I hadn't played the first game yet and the idea of controlling zombies and killing people was awesome. I soon picked up this game and it did not disappoint at all!

Description
[/size]
Left 4 Dead 2 is a single-player and multiplayer co-operative survival horror FPS game developed by Valve Corporation. It is the sequel to Left 4 Dead, it was first announced June 1st 2009 by Valve Corporation at Microsoft's E3 2009 press conference.

The sequel picks up one week after the events of the first game (four weeks after the first infection) where The Infection has spread to the southern United States. [3] Left 4 Dead 2 introduces three new Special Infected, new weapons, melee weapons, new items, upgraded Infected, the Uncommon Common Infected, five new campaigns, and two new game modes: Scavenge Mode and Realism Mode. Realism Versus and Mutations were later released with the The Passing DLC, a new campaign which chronologically fits in as the second campaign out of six.

Plot
[/size]
The plot is similar to Left 4 Dead; it involves the aftermath of the the Infection one week after the events of the previous game, now being around three weeks after the first infection.

The story starts around noon in Savannah, Georgia. As the last rescue helicopter leaves the building, four unlucky Survivors climb up the hotel to find that they were just a couple of seconds too late. With this newfound predicament, the group decides to go to a mall, where it is said that another evacuation center is still in operation. When the group reaches the mall, they find that it has been overwhelmed by the Infected. In desperate hope, they decide to pierce deeper into the building in hopes that the evacuation center was simply deeper inside. It turns out that the center was decimated, and all the CEDA agents are either dead or infected. In despair, the group wanders into the mall's atrium and finds a functioning stock car, albeit without gas. A new idea appears in their heads; to scrounge around the atrium in search of gas cans, for the purpose of filling the car's tank. This proves successful, and the Survivors escape Savannah.

During their escape, the group stops at a bridge raised by three of the original Survivors from Left 4 Dead. One of them will meet the Survivors and inform them that they cannot lower the bridge for the group because the generator used to lower the bridge is out of fuel, and they must tend to one of their own who is wounded. After battling through a wedding with the Witch bride, the streets, and a "historical sewer," the Survivors then meet up with the other three again. After the three original Survivors agree to help by defending them from higher ground, the Savannah group is able to fend off most of the Infected, find gas cans, fill up the generator, cross the lowered bridge, and drive off while exchanging farewells as they continue to New Orleans.

The escape car works well until the Survivors find that the highway is blocked by abandoned vehicles, seemingly going on for miles. Finding no other way past, the Survivors leave the car behind and proceed by foot. When they go below the overpass, they see searchlights still online in the distance. The group then decides to head for the lights, in hope of finding some uninfected people. The searchlights turn out to be originating from Whispering Oaks Amusement Park and Fairgrounds, which is now a hunting ground for a large number of Infected individuals. The Survivors wander through the park for a bit of time until they see a helicopter fly over head. Newly inspired, they decide to hold a rock concert set up for the Midnight Riders in hopes that the loud music and Grammy-award-winning pyrotechnics will attract the helicopter. When they finally enter the amphitheater, they activate the controls and find out that the sound is attracting a massive amount of Infected along with the helicopter pilot. After much fighting, the helicopter finally decides to make a pick-up and the Survivors barely escape the abandoned carnival.

But once again, luck is not on their side, and the helicopter is forced to do a crash landing after the helicopter pilot turns out to be infected and was shot by one of the Survivors. The Survivors exit the wrecked helicopter to find that they landed in a bayou. They pass through a small village and find that the populace decided to take matters into their own hands and barricade themselves against the Infected. Without any other option, the Survivors decide to try to find the barricaded area. They travel through a swamp, fight numerous Infected, and find a crashed airliner in their path to the safe area. When they reach it, they discover that the townspeople were overwhelmed by the infection, but luck turns out to be on their side this time as they find someone wrote on a wall about an old plantation house and a nearby dock. The Survivors head toward it and find a radio, and manage to contact a man named Virgil who has a boat further down the river. Virgil and the group have a short discussion via radio, and the Survivors tell him that they are at the plantation home. Virgil recognizes the location and begins to navigate his way to their location. After the Survivors fight off hordes of Infected, Virgil arrives and blows down the gates that blocked their way to the river, the Survivors then jump on the boat to safety.

However, along the way, Virgil's boat begins to run low on fuel, so he drops the Survivors off by a small town in Ducatel, Mississippi, with instructions to get diesel for the boat from the gas station across the road. Unfortunately, this gas station is out of fuel, and the Survivors forgot the bag of guns, and have to travel two miles east, navigating through a Witch-infested sugar mill to collect gas. Even more unfortunately, they have to once again walk those two miles back, except uphill, in the midst of a torrential downpour. The forgotten bag of guns also held the flares to contact Virgil. So they decide to signal Virgil by lighting up the Burger Tank sign near the dock. They defend themselves once more against hordes of Infected until Virgil finally arrives for them.

At long last, Virgil drops the Survivors at a waterfront in New Orleans. He then leaves, saying he is on his way to find other Survivors. The group of Survivors then fight their way through the waterfront, a park, a cemetery, and the French Quarter, coming to a bridge in the middle of being bombed by the military. On the other side of the bridge is a military chopper about to leave. The Survivors manage to contact the military over the radio and then run across the bridge to the awaiting chopper pilot who carries them to a military cruise ship.

The Survivors
[/size]
The Survivors are people in the world who have not (yet) contracted the Infection (by virtue of natural immunity). The term, however, is commonly used to refer to the eight playable characters from the Left 4 Dead game series. Although the playable characters are immune, a comment by Bill suggests that they could become an Infected at any point. In addition, The Sacrifice comic presents the hypothesis that the Survivors are Carriers of the Infection―and as such are a positive danger to any uninfected humans they encounter.

To portray their personalities, Valve used (perhaps deliberately and with tongue firmly in cheek) a standard screenwriter ploy to populate B-grade action, Western, sci-fi, sitcom and costume drama scripts with characters that are instantly recognizable to "popcorn" audiences. This involves casting four main characters, each of whom have nothing much in common with one another but who are thrown together to face a challenge. Each character is then assigned a stereotyped personality selected from four distinctive types:

Cynic: self-centered, hostile, fires off put-downs and sarcasm, questionable morality, shady past, street or book smart. Francis and Nick.

Optimist: moral, friendly, feelings trump facts, naive, does the right thing, loyal. Louis and Ellis.

Realist: objective, lives by a personal code, disciplined, builds bridges, leadership role, adaptable. Often cast as The Hero. Bill and Coach.

Apathetic: aloof, neutral, from a different social background, enigmatic, along for the ride, swept up in events, victim, suffers bravely, supporter, observer. Zoey and Rochelle.

The Infected
[/size]
The Infected are Left 4 Dead's take on the classic movie and pop-fiction zombie. But rather than being undead, they are living humans who have been Infected by the Green Flu virus, causing massively increased aggression and loss of many higher brain functions such as speech and self-preservation. Like cinematic zombies, those present in the Left 4 Dead series attack human victims and will attempt to bite them, unless they are immune or a Carrier.

In the case of Common and Uncommon Infected, observed aggressiveness manifests itself primarily in the form of frenzied physical blows and kicks. Bite attacks are of a secondary nature and may even be incidentally delivered. The Infected primarily attack uninfected humans who have attracted attention through noise, movement, displaying bright lights, or anything covered in Boomer Bile, whether it be from a Bile Bomb or the Boomer itself. Common Infected are also frequently observed displaying mutual aggressiveness towards one another. However, these attacks cease when the Infected find an uninfected human.

The Infection might also have changed their physiology. Some Infected suffer severe tissue damage and dismemberment from moderate blunt force, yet they can still jump down from heights of approximately 20 feet with perfect physical coordination and without harm. They have no fine motor control and their gross motor control functions are heavily degraded, thus rendering them incapable of picking up objects and operating simple mechanisms such as door handles.

When passive and unstimulated, Common Infected lean against a support (such as a wall), sit, lie recumbent or stagger aimlessly in short uncoordinated steps. Many will vomit profusely or display visual signs of being unwell (e.g. slumped over cradling the head). Unusually, the Common Infected have also been seen to attack and kill one another, The cause of this is unknown. Special Infected and Uncommon Infected tend to be less inert in their passive state since they are invariably observed to be in a standing position.

When active and stimulated, Common Infected display extremely contrasting characteristics, as their speed of movement is rapid, their gait is highly coordinated and their focal direction unerring. Uncommon Infected display the same behavioral qualities with the exception that they appear to be more sensitive to external stimuli and are thus more easily aroused and provoked.

Through some unknown mechanism, a small percentage of Infected humans will undergo a dramatic mutation, eventually turning into one of the Special Infected. There are eight varieties of these Infected, seven of which are playable. These eight varieties have special abilities in addition to doing more damage against the Survivors. In turn, two of these eight varieties are considered "Boss Infected", namely the Tank and the Witch.

Weapons
[/size]
The primary weapons in Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 are divided into two classes or tiers. First tier weapons (also called Tier 1 weapons) are restricted in choice, and available to all players at the start of any campaign. Second tier weapons (also called Tier 2 weapons) are relatively superior in combat effectiveness to Tier 1 weapons and are only found once players have partly completed a Chapter.

Melee combat differs between Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2. In the former, melee is a simple violent "shove-back" on an Infected at arms length distance using whatever Tier 1 or 2 weapon the player happens to be wielding at the time. Melee attacks can also be mounted using a Gas can or Propane tank if a player is carrying one of these items. Left 4 Dead 2 melee combat is greatly enriched because it carries over Left 4 Dead's Tier 1 and 2 "shove-back" and introduces a wide range of new melee-specific weaponry such as the Katana, Chainsaw and Crowbar. Melee shoves and attacks can be made on any class of Infected although their effectiveness is questionable in the case of Tanks, Chargers and Witches (except in some situations).

There is no way to distribute weapons or ammunition among teammates without picking up another weapon to replace the dropped (donated) weapon's slot in the donor's inventory. All weapons have an attached flashlight powered by a battery with unlimited life.

Picking up a new weapon from a table or other location (but not from a dead Survivor) provides a full ammo refill for that weapon and equates to restocking from an ammo pile. This is useful since a player can fire off a large volume of ammo from one weapon and then simply pick up a fresh weapon to get a full ammo resupply. This avoids having to waste time reloading the original weapon or visiting an ammo pile to restock. If all Survivors select the same weapon from a pile or arrive at an arms pile identically armed with the same weapon, that weapon type will not appear at a subsequent arms pile. To fix this, a player can trade that weapon out for another type of weapon in the pile whereupon the absent weapon will reappear. Ammo piles can resupply any type of weapon apart from the Grenade Launcher and the M60 in Left 4 Dead 2.

Weapons will continue reloading despite the lack of reloading animation during melee attacks, provided that reloading starts before the melee attacks. This is extremely useful if out of ammo, or both primary and pistol need to be reloaded as it allows the player to shove back attacking Infected while their weapon reloads in the background. When it is fully reloaded (after 2-3 melees' time), it can be used to kill the staggering Infected.

All bullet-based weapons have bullet penetration which means a player can shoot targets through thin walls and various in-game game objects (desks, chairs, etc.). This also means that if two Infected are positioned one behind another, shooting at the first one will also damage the one behind it. There are two exceptions to the penetration rule: all shotguns, which have infinite character penetration up to 300 game units (roughly five meters) and hunting rifle/sniper rifle, which have infinite penetration no matter the distance.

Mutations
[/size]
Mutations is the name for a set of modified gameplay modes, the first of which was released alongside the campaign, The Passing in Left 4 Dead 2. The Mutations are special game modes that were initially available for one week each before being retired, and replaced by a new Mutation each week following an announcement on the in-game Blog Post every Friday.

Periodically, a poll was conducted for players to vote for their favorite Mutation, which returned the following week as an Encore Mutation, meaning it would re-appear the next week (See below for Encore Mutations). With the download of The Passing DLC it is possible to choose what Mutation you get to play. All mutations were made freely available for play at any time on 07/24/2012.

Why I Love This Game
[/size]
1. Addicting:Really, games get boring and I move on from them easily, but this game, I just can't seem to move along! Really fun to play and offers unlimited gameplay.

2. Mods: Mods are addons you can download to the game. Recently I found an add on where the survivors would be replaced by John Petrucci, John Myung, Jordan Rudess, and Mike Portnoy. I had fun bashing Lord Nafaryus zombies with a guitar.

3. Versus Mode: Who doesn't love playing with people? Who doesn't love playing against people?

4. Challenge: This game has many options for challenges. If you want laid back, complete the game in easy or normal. Not satisfied? Try advanced? Too easy? Expert. Still too easy? Then try Expert Realism with bots and I can guarantee that it will take you many, many tries. Throw Bleed Out into that and that will be one tough monster.

The Survivors of Left 4 Dead 1

The Survivors of Left 4 Dead 2

(Common Infected)

(Special Infected)

(Weapons)
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
I've played L4D once or twice but my brother and his friends play this game all the time.

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
Wow, did you enjoy it? It's a fun game.
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
Number 17: Minecraft
[/size][/color]

How'd I Find Out About This Game
[/size][/color]
This game was recommended to me by a friend. After playing this game, I realized how beautiful and how speaking this game was.

Description
[/size][/color]
Minecraft is a 2009 sandbox indie and arcade video game created by Swedish programmer Markus "Notch" Persson and later published by Swedish company, Mojang AB. Markus Persson was inspired to create Minecraft after he and a few friends played Infiniminer. The first published video of Minecraft was called "Cave Game". Only later on did it become Minecraft. In October 2014, Microsoft purchased Mojang AB and the rights to Minecraft for 2.5 billion dollars (US), followed by Notch and a few other original developers retiring from the company shortly after. According to Jeb, Minecraft had 20 million copies sold as of June 30, 2015.

Upon starting the game, the user is greeted with a login screen. To play, the user has to input his or her login information: This includes a username, or if the user has signed up for a Mojang account, that user's email as well as the user's password. After logging in, the user is greeted with the Minecraft Launcher. The Minecraft Launcher allows for customizability, and modifications in Minecraft. It also displays news about Minecraft updates, and bug fixes. The launcher will lead the user to the main menu screen. The menu screen is composed of buttons, and text that allow for easy access to Minecraft's features. The four menu features include:

Singleplayer: Allows the user to create custom worlds, and load previously created world.
Multiplayer: Allows the user to interact with other users via custom Minecraft servers, or interact using Minecraft's built-in LAN feature (which allows single-player worlds to be played with other users via a local area network).
Minecraft Realms: Allows the user to play custom, miniature Minecraft servers, often created with the intention of playing a mini-game. Invitation is required from the owner.
Options: Allows the user to customize Minecraft's in-game features.
The player first spawns in the Overworld. The overworld consists of Biomes, such as extreme hills, or the Ocean biome. The Overworld is intended to generally resemble the terrain of earths Lithosphere. Although the overworld often tends to be littered with impossible, gravity-defying natural structures.

Upon Spawning, the player is free to explore the overworld. However without equipment, such as a Sword, or sustenance such as Porkchops, they are limited in how far they can trek.

Gameplay
[/size][/color]
The player has a hunger bar and a health bar. The hunger bar, if full, can slowly recharge the health bar, but not vice-versa. If either of the bars reaches zero, the player is at risk of death, either from starvation, lack of health, or other instances of death. The hunger bar normally decreases slowly. However, activities such as sprinting or mining can lower the bar faster than usual. Usually foods such as Porkchops and Steak can fill the hunger bar back to healthy levels, and can be acquired by simply punching the animal to death.

But for long-term survival, the player is recommended to take or build a shelter. Building a shelter is a critical first part to exploring a world. Shelters are important, as they can protect the player from hostile mobs, and can serve the same purpose as a home in real life. Most shelters take the form of houses such as to the right. Houses are favored often because of their simplicity, and the short amount of time necessary to build. The player usually starts mining after the house is made. Mining is a very important part of Minecraft, hence the name.

Mining is a key part of Minecraft's gameplay. Mining is important to experience the full extent of what Minecraft has to offer. Mining is also important for long-term survival, as you need metal ores to craft armor, better swords, and much more. However, metal ore is only usually found underground. As most of Minecraft centers around the mining experience. Mining is necessary to acquire the resources needed to build portals that can access the Nether, a hell-like world, and to fully explore the expanse of Minecraft. There are many ways to go about mining in Minecraft. Some ways are more common than others. Below listed are two strategies Minecraft players commonly use, please note these don't cover all the tactics.

Mobs
[/size][/color]
Mobs are living game entities that are affected by physics and Player interaction. They are divided into various categories, such as Utility, Passive, Neutral, Hostile, Boss, Unused, Unimplemented, and Removed.

Most mobs are useful in some way to the player: Hostile and Boss Mobs often drop useful items, along with Experience Points when killed; Utility Mobs can protect players and villagers from Hostile Mobs, with the exception of Creepers (The downside being that they will sometimes attack Passive or Neutral Mobs too); Neutral and Passive Mobs can sometimes be tamed, other Passive Mobs can give beneficial items to players, given that they have the right tool (For example, Wool or Milk), and like utility mobs, Tamable mobs can protect the player from hostile mobs.

Utility Mobs are Mobs that are created by players and will attack other mobs. Utility mobs usually attack Hostile mobs, but can sometimes also attack Neutral Mobs, Passive Mobs, or the player if provoked. (With the exception of the Wither which attacks all mobs except for undead mobs).
1) Iron Golem
2) Snow Golem
3) Wither

Passive Mobs are Mobs that are harmless to players, and will run away if attacked. (Except for tiny Slimes which will attempt to attack the player, but will deal no damage).
1) Slime ("Tiny" Slimes are Passive, but "Small" and "Big" Slimes are Hostile.)
2) Chicken
3) Cow
4) Mooshroom
5) Pig
6) Sheep
7) Squid
8) Villager
9) Bat
10) Ocelot (also Tamable)
11) Horse
12) Donkey
13) Mule
14) Cat (Domesticated Ocelot)
15) Dog (Domesticated Wolf)
16) Rabbit

Neutral Mobs are mobs that will attack the player, but only when provoked. however, they can sometimes attack other mobs as well.
1) Enderman
2) Zombie Pigman
3) Wolf
4) Spider
5) Polar Bear

Hostile Mobs are mobs that will attack the player when he/she gets within a certain range of them. Most hostile mobs will attack when the player gets within 16 blocks of them without any obstructions, except for spiders which could see through obstructions before P.C. Version 1.8 and ghasts which can detect the player from 100 blocks away.
1) Blaze
2) Cave Spider
3) Creeper
4) Ghast
5) Magma Cube
6) Silverfish
7) Skeleton
8) Slime
9) Spiders
10) Spider Jockey
11) Zombie
12) Zombie Villager
13) Wither Skeleton
14) Witch
15) Shulk
16) Chicken Jockey
17) Endermite
18) Guardian
19) Elder Guardian

This game speaks to me loads. It has a really chill environment and the music itself is really soothing to listen to. This game is really famous and a lot of people have played it. I really enjoyed building my own fantasy world and doing all kinds of things there. My greatest achievement was creating a space shuttle and changed it to outer space and the graphics look really fancy.

There is no limits to this game and you can make whatever your heart desires. Go forth and make paradise.
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
This game speaks to me loads. It has a really chill environment and the music itself is really soothing to listen to. This game is really famous and a lot of people have played it. I really enjoyed building my own fantasy world and doing all kinds of things there. My greatest achievement was creating a space shuttle and changed it to outer space and the graphics look really fancy.

There is no limits to this game and you can make whatever your heart desires. Go forth and make paradise.
It's funny - I totally understand all this, and why so many people love the game. But I've never played it and for some reason just don't feel all that inclined to.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
Minecraft is a game that I really tried to get into but couldn't. I just don't think that I have the imagination for it :lol

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
Number 16: The Walking Dead

Description
[/size][/color]
The Walking Dead, also known as The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series, is an episodic video game that takes place within Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead comic series' universe.

The game is developed and published by Telltale Games, associated with Skybound Entertainment.

Telltale released the start of Season 1 at the beginning in spring of 2012.[1] The first episode of the adventure game debuted on April 24, 2012, for PC, Mac, and the PlayStation Network, on April 27, for Xbox Live Arcade, and on July 26th, for the iOS.

Due to the late release of the game for iOS, episode 2 became available for download on August 29th. The entire first season, (along with the "400 Days" DLC), was released on August 20, 2013, for the PlayStation Vita.

Kirkman has said that, unlike typical zombie games such as Left 4 Dead, it focuses more on characterization, character development, and emotion than action.

It is also the first game from Telltale to use the PlayStation Move. It is a point-and-click horror adventure, focusing on problem-solving rather than combat.

Season 2 was confirmed to be planned by Telltale Games in July 2012. Later on, they pushed the release date towards Autumn 2013. The first episode of Season 2 was released on December 17th for PC/Mac via Steam and on PlayStation Network. It was released for Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network Europe and iOS on December 18th. It was released for PlayStation Vita on April 22nd in North America and on April 23rd in Europe.

The 'Game of the Year' disc edition for Season 1 was released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on October 14, 2014. A retail disc version of Season 2 was released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 as well as PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on October 21, 2014 in North America and on October 31, 2014 in Europe.

On June 15, 2015 during E3, Telltale Games announced a new mini-series titled The Walking Dead: Michonne, which follows Michonne's story during the events in the Comic Series. It was released as a stand-alone series on February 23, 2016. Telltale has announced that further information regarding Season 3 will be released following the completion of this series.

Plot
[/size][/color]
History teacher Lee Everett is on his way to prison, having been convicted for killing a state senator who had slept with Lee's wife. While leaving Atlanta for prison, being driven by a police officer, the police cruiser he is in runs over a walker (as they are referred to in the series) and crashes off the highway.

After fighting off the police man (who turned into a walker after the crash), Lee meets Clementine, a young girl who was hiding out in her tree-house, as well as Shawn Greene. Shawn takes Lee and Clementine home to Shawn's family farm, owned by his father, Hershel Greene. Lee meets a family, consisting of husband and wife, Kenny and Katjaa, and their young son, Duck.

After failing to save Shawn from walkers, Lee, Clementine and Kenny's family are banished from the farm. The group heads to Macon, Georgia where they meet a group of survivors, led by a woman named Lilly, who saves them from a herd of walkers. Lilly's group is situated in a drugstore which Lee's parents owned. The group goes into a scuffle with Lilly's father, who quickly encounters a heart attack afterwards and requires medication from a nearby pharmacy. Another member of the group, Glenn, decides to salvage for supplies in a motel; however he is stranded in the motel, leading Lee and a news reporter, Carley to rescue Glenn.

Glenn decides to help a stranded survivor named Irene; however, Irene is revealed to be bitten and commits suicide upon taking Carley's gun. Upon returning to the drugstore, Lee comes to the conclusion that his parents were killed by walkers. Carley tells Lee that she knows Lee's past, but keeps his secret. Lee and an IT technician, Doug head out to find the keys of the pharmacy.

Lee is forced to kill his reanimated brother in order to retrieve the keys. Upon entering the pharmacy, the alarm sounds, forcing the group to leave the drugstore after giving Larry his medicine. Upon leaving, Lee saves either Carley or Doug from walkers, and he is knocked out by a vengeful Larry. Lee is rescued by Kenny, and the group heads to the motel for shelter. Upon hearing Atlanta is overrun by walkers, Glenn leaves the group and heads for the city in order to rescue his friends left behind. Despite finding comfortable shelter and water, the group's glimpse of hope is short-lived when electricity is suddenly shut off.

The group has survived three months at the motel, but food is scarce, and their explorations of nearby facilities have yielded little, though that have found and rescued Mark. Later, they come across high schoolers, Ben Paul, Travis, and their band teacher, David Parker. Ben's two companions die in the chaos of saving one from a bear trap, and the other dies and reanimates despite not being bitten. Ben reveals that being bitten is not the only way one can become a walker; simply the act of dying can cause one to turn.

Brothers Andrew St. John and Danny St. John from a nearby dairy farm offer food and shelter in exchange for gasoline for their generators that power their electric fence. The group accepts though remain uneasy about them. While there, Mark is hit by a crossbow arrow from a group of bandits attacking the farm, and Brenda, the brothers' mother, takes him into the house for medical treatment. Lee goes with Danny to find the bandit camp but instead come across a crazed woman named Jolene, who appears to know something about the farm but is killed before she reveals it. Lee finds a battery-less video camera among her possessions.

Still uneasy about the farm, Lee and Kenny discover a butchering room in the back of the barn before they are called for dinner. Lee excuses himself to look for Mark, and finds him near death, his legs cut off. He warns the others that the St. Johns practice cannibalism, but the family overpowers and separates them. In the butcher's freezer, Larry suffers a heart attack, but before Lilly can administer CPR, the others smash his head, realizing it is too late for Larry and fear being trapped with a Walker. Clementine helps their escape, and they quickly rescue the rest of the group from the St. Johns, leaving them to their fate as the electric generators go and Walkers invade the farm.

On the way back, the group finds an abandoned car with food and other supplies, including batteries. Lee watches the video from Jolene's player, and finds she had been watching the motel, knowing that the group was safe as long as the St. Johns maintained their deal with the bandits.

Without the St. Johns, the bandits have turned their attention to the motel, and Kenny expresses an urge to move on using an RV he has fixed up. Through Lilly, Lee discovers someone has been slipping the bandits medical supplies. But before he can determine the culprit, the bandits attack, followed by a horde of walkers. The group flee in the RV, forced to leave most of their supplies behind. Katjaa quietly reports to Lee that Duck has been bitten by a Walker.

Lilly, furious over the theft, accuses others of the theft and demands they deal with the issue now. Her rambunctious accusations agitate the group, and Lilly ends up shooting Doug or Carley dead (depending on who the player chose to save in Episode 1). The player has the option of leaving Lilly behind or continuing on with her. They find the road ahead blocked by a locomotive, along with a homeless survivor Chuck. Lee and Kenny look at how to move the train; if the player kept Lilly with the group, she flees from the others in the RV.

Eventually they find the train still in usable shape and heading towards Savannah, where Kenny assures they can find a boat to flee the mainland. En route, Duck's condition worsens, and Lee convinces Kenny to stop the train to deal with him. Katjaa takes Duck out into a forest to shoot him, but Lee and Kenny realize at the last minute that Katjaa had intended to shoot herself. Lee and Kenny are forced to shoot Duck; the player can choose to have Lee or Kenny do the shooting. After a brief mourning, they continue the train towards Savannah. Ben then reveals that he was the one who had been slipping the bandits supplies.

When they get to a bridge where a tanker car has blocked the way forward, they encounter a dating couple Omid and Christa, who decide to help clear the blockage and offer to join them. Shortly before the tanker car was cut loose, it was revealed that the noise made by the train during the travel to that point caused a large number of walkers to congregate and pursue them, who managed to catch up to the train at this point. Lee and Omid were able to successfully cut the tanker car free before the walkers got too close; however during the escape Omid injures his leg, though is safely brought aboard the train. As the train nears Savannah, Clementine's walkie-talkie suddenly perks up, with a voice on the other end seemingly aware of the actions of the group so far.

The group has made it to Savannah, and is walking through the streets toward the river. However, an unseen person rings a bell in a church, before the man who has been talking to Clementine on her walkie-talkie warns the group to hide as walkers are approaching. Overrun by walkers, Ben panics and leaves Clementine, causing Chuck to be separated from the group saving her. Lee, Clementine, Kenny, Ben, Omid and Christa make their way to the backyard of an empty mansion, where they break in by digging up a buried dog and unlocking a pet door with its chipped collar. The house is found to be safe, save for a young walker Kenny finds in the attic: a starved and dehydrated boy too weak to even attack, and who resembles Duck. Lee decides if he or Kenny should kill the walker, and while Lee buries the body with the exhumed dog, he notices someone watching him. Omid's leg begins to worsen, and Kenny wonders out loud if it is time to leave him behind.

The next morning, Lee and Kenny head for the waterfront, when another church-bell goes off, luring the walkers away. Reaching the docks, Kenny and Lee finds all boats sunken or stripped for parts. Looking for boats, Lee spots a figure climbing down from a building. The duo attempt to sneak up on the stranger, resulting in a struggle between her and Lee, until Clementine appears and stops the fight. The stranger introduces herself as Molly, and explains she rings the bells to draw the walkers away from the areas she scavenges. Molly also warns of Crawford: a para-militant, survivalist community that upholds itself by adopting a draconian brand of Social Darwinism.
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
A misfired shot from Kenny's gun during the fight soon attracts walkers, and forces the group to split up. Lee escapes into the sewers alone, and, after finding Chuck's remains being eaten by walkers, discovers a hidden community of cancer survivors hiding from Crawford's soldiers. He is greeted by Vernon and Brie, the former being a doctor in charge of the group, who at first assume that Lee is from Crawford, and Lee persuades Vernon that he isn't, to show him how to get back to the house, and to give medical attention to Omid.

Back at the house, Lee and Clementine discover a shed containing a boat. The boat requires gasoline and a battery, will not accommodate everyone, and Omid will soon die from an infection without antibiotics, prompting the group — along with Vernon and Brie — to head for Crawford for the supplies. The player can then choose whether or not to take Clementine along. After realizing that Crawford is overrun by walkers, the group hides in an old school, where they find most of the supplies they need. Getting a battery from a neighboring repair garage, Lee returns to the school and blocks the main doors with a hatchet.

Rescuing Vernon and Christa, Lee assists them in opening a locked supply closet. By viewing the recorded medical examinations of Anna Correa, a citizen of Crawford being forced into terminating her pregnancy by her doctor, the group see the doctor input the security code before he is killed by Anna, her actions unintentionally causing the outbreak at Crawford. Watching the optional third tape reveals Molly was a citizen of Crawford, and was trading sexual favors with the doctor in exchange for insulin for her diabetic sister.

Lee meets Molly and can confront her about the tape, only for Ben to remove the hatchet from the main doors in order to help Kenny open the armory. A hoard of walkers from outside then crash through and Molly tries to hold them off; if Lee fails to save Molly and did not bring Clementine, she is separated from the group and forced to flee, leaving her fate ambiguous. Ben finally admits his deal with the bandits to Kenny back at the motel and the guilt he feels, deeply angering Kenny as he indirectly caused the deaths of Duck and Katjaa. Brie is devoured by the walkers as the group escapes through the armory door and up the school's bell tower. Ben is suddenly snatched by the reanimated leader of Crawford who had hanged himself in on the bell, but is grabbed by Lee before he falls over the edge; Lee can either let him go (as Ben tells him to) or save him.

After making it back to the house, Vernon gives Omid the medicine and talks to Lee in private, offering to take Clementine into his own group, where he claims she will be safer. Lee can either agree or disagree with him, either way, Vernon leaves. If Molly was saved, she decides to leave the group and says goodbye. Tired from the day's events, Lee sits down to watch over Clementine and falls asleep. When he awakes the next morning, he finds Clementine gone, and discovers Clementine's hat and walkie-talkie lying outside. While reaching for the latter, Lee is bitten by a walker before killing it. Lee is found by the group, and is given the choice of showing or concealing the bite. Determined to rescue Clementine, the player's previous decisions and attitudes towards Kenny, Omid, Christa, and Ben (if saved) influence who joins Lee in his search. Alternatively, the player can insist on going alone. Lee and any of the group members joining him then go searching for Clementine at Vernon's shelter, only to find it empty of supplies and people. Suddenly, Clementine and the man contacting her are heard over the walkie-talkie, revealing that the latter has Clementine and is not Vernon. The man warns Lee to "choose his next words carefully", and the episode ends before Lee responds.

Lee continues to speak with the stranger, who claims he hasn't stolen Clementine, but rescued her from Lee. Lee collapses from his bite, and can choose to have his infected arm amputated to slow down the rate of infection. Returning to the mansion, the group finds Vernon's crew has stolen the boat, causing an argument; if Ben was saved, Kenny finally forgives him following an outburst. Making a stand against an incoming horde, the survivors try to hold the mansion, and are ultimately forced to hide in the attic. Contacted briefly by Clementine, Lee learns she is at the Marsh House Hotel, where her parents were staying. As the group finds a way out, Lee converses with several members, and eventually has a talk with Kenny and Christa, and when offered alcohol. Christa drinks most of the bottle, causing Kenny to realize she is trying to induce a miscarriage, which causes him to snap out of his depression. Breaking through to a neighboring house, the group comes across a couple who committed suicide together, and Kenny reaffirms a hopeful look on survival and admits to blaming himself for the death of Katjaa and Duck. The group jumps from a balcony to a rooftop.

If Ben was saved in the previous episode, the balcony collapses and Ben is impaled; Kenny refuses to leave Ben and spares him the pain with his last bullet, before he runs off and is assumed to be taken down by walkers. If Ben was killed in "Around Every Corner", Kenny sacrifices himself by helping Christa retrieve Clementine's walkie-talkie, before he is presumably devoured by walkers.

With only Omid, Christa, and Lee remaining, the trio reach the coast and attempt to cross rooftops over a sign, however Lee is separated from them, and tells them to either return to the train, find a boat, or meet back together to help save Clementine. Fighting through walkers in the street, Lee reaches the Marsh House Hotel, where Lee meets Clementine's captor. Revealing himself as the owner of the station wagon seen at the end of "Starved For Help", he explains how stealing his supplies resulted in his wife leaving with his daughter, before they were killed by walkers. The man then lists off the player's choices over the course of the game, explaining how Lee's actions make him a monster, and how Clementine is safer if he kills Lee; however, as they are talking, Clementine quietly escapes her locked room as the man starts addressing his wife's reanimated head which he carries around in a bowling bag, giving Lee the option to either attack the man, or allow Clementine to strike and distract him. Apprehending the stranger, Lee can decide whether to kill him or let him reanimate. If Lee is overtaken by the stranger, however, Clementine shoots him in the head, saving Lee from dying.

Reunited with Clementine, Lee is ambushed by a walker, who does not attack him and goes for Clementine. Realizing that the walker blood covering him from his earlier fight is disguising him, Lee guts the walker and covers himself and Clementine in its blood, hiding their smell from the walkers, and allowing them to safely exit the Hotel. As Clementine spots her undead parents, Lee collapses from blood loss and/or infection, forcing Clementine to drag him into a storage facility. Close to death, Lee explains to Clementine he was bitten, and, too fatigued to walk, instructs her on killing a trapped walker and finding another escape route. Handcuffed to a radiator or handcuff the trapped walker, Lee imparts advice with Clementine, and, depending on the player's choice, the game ends with a broken-hearted Clementine either shooting Lee, or escaping after he passes away from blood loss and/or infection, leaving him to reanimate.

During an epilogue, a distraught Clementine, mourning over the death of Lee, walks through the countryside, and stops to rest on a log. Noticing two silhouetted figures walking in the far distance, they notice her as she stands, only for the game to end as Clementine decides between calling out or remaining quiet.

Why I Love This Game
[/size][/color]
1. Plot The plot thickens....I love this game's plot so much. There are a lot of twists and turns, some of which make me sick to my stomach in grief.

2. Emotional Ok, this game hits me in every level. The ending was the closest ever to make me cry and once she left me, and I replayed this game again....guess what? I cried. I hate sacrifice. I hate death. This game hits me every time I played it, how this young girl who had grown very close to the main character, and saw him as a fatherly figure, had been bitten by the infected and now the girl must kill him. I know that if this apocalypse was real and my girlfriend had been bitten, there'd be no way in hell I'd shoot her. Hell, I'd just stay next to her and have her bite me so we can both be undead. Really hard choice for such a young girl, super emotional.

(Lee Everett, the main protagonist you control.)

(Clementine, a main protagonist whom you must keep alive.)

(Rest in Peace Lee, I'll miss you.)
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Excellent game, and you're spot on about how emotional some of the stuff is, especially at the end. Have you played the second 'season'?

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
I couldn't pull myself to play the game. Is it any good? All I know is the Clem looks waaay older.
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Second best TTG game after The Wolf Among Us, for me.

I didn't particularly liked Season 2 of TWD, but S1 was stellar.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
I couldn't pull myself to play the game. Is it any good? All I know is the Clem looks waaay older.
It's good, yeah, but maybe less emotionally impactful. And yeah a bit of time has passed between seasons 1 and 2 so Clem is older. Looks like it's going to be the same between seasons 2 and 3.

Second best TTG game after The Wolf Among Us, for me.
Yeah The Wolf Among Us is definitely superior. The problem I have with some Telltale games is that they can be really frustrating and feel quite forced, especially the biggest name ones like TWD and Game of Thrones. My favourites are Wolf and Borderlands as they both feel more natural (the former is just a great story and the latter is superbly fun and entertaining).

I be am boner inducing.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
I haven't played any of the TellTale games aside from the Back To The Future game. I've heard a lot of the games can be hit or miss but I've heard nothing but good things about the walking dead.

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
Number 15: Super Mario Maker

Bring on the Mario! Starting from Number 15 to Number 1, every game will be about Mario and Luigi. God bless those two heroes who possibly changed the course of my life forever!

What Is It?
Super Mario Maker (previously called Mario Maker when announced at E3 2014) is a game creator application for the Wii U which allows players to insert blocks, enemies, items, and more from the Super Mario Bros. series to create and share their own 2D Super Mario levels. The game was announced at E3 2014 and has been released in September 2015 (originally set to be released in early 2015), as part of the 30th Anniversary of Super Mario Bros.

The eShop version of the game requires at least 1.4 GB[2] of storage memory to be downloaded. Additionally, as many as 100 different Mystery Mushroom costumes are available in the game, but the player can unlock them without scanning the proper amiibo by completing the 100 Mario Challenge.[2]

Also, while the game typically uses the GamePad, the Wii Remote, Wii Classic Controller, and Wii U Pro Controller are also usable.

A port of this game is planned to release for Nintendo 3DS in December 2016.

Pre-Title Screen Animations
Each day the startup screen has a different animation associated with getting Builder Mario off the screen. All of the objects are in Super Mario Bros. style.

Sunday - Luigi enters in, shoots a fireball at Builder Mario causing him to fall off, and then runs across the screen. A bunch of characters (including Peach) and a "Happy Sunday" ("Today is Sunday" in PAL versions) banner are also shown on top of the logo alongside text saying, "Let's get making!"
Monday - A Koopa Shell goes across the screen hitting Builder Mario causing him to fall off the screen.
Tuesday - A Magikoopa appears and turns Builder Mario into a Goomba which walks off the screen.
Wednesday - A Super Mario Bros. style platform with wings carries Builder Mario off.
Thursday - Three Goombas enter in, pick up Builder Mario and carry him off while tribal music plays.
Friday - A Gnat picks up Builder Mario, but a fly swatter swats it causing Builder Mario to fall off the screen. (NOTE: At the beginning, in English versions, the day of the week is called "Flyday", but after the gnat has been swatted the word falls with Builder Mario and is called Friday.)
Saturday - A Thwomp falls on Builder Mario causing him to fall off the screen and then raises back up.

Gameplay
The game is set up so that players can design their very own 2D Super Mario courses. They are able to set up and edit the length and width of the stages, the course's theme, and game styles, and are able to use various objects, items, and enemies. Players are able to switch between editing and playing their created stages, and can easily make any changes using the tools provided. A outline mode can also be used to show Mario's movements and to make positioning objects easier.

The game starts with only one row of course elements, as the game features a unlocking system, in which a set of elements will be available for the next day, so long as they spend at least five minutes using the tools they have. As part of a Day 1 patch, however, the elements can be made available immediately by spending enough time placing elements on the course. Players can also add sound effects to their courses, using the SFX frog (which uses the frog icon from Mario Paint). These effects happen when Mario walks over them in the play mode, with some effects generating visuals. Players can even record their own sound effects and add them to the game. However, these custom sound effects are replaced with a generic parrot/chicken squawk when uploaded to Course World.

Players can save up to 120 different courses onto their Wii U profile. In Coursebot, the course selection screen, locally saved and downloaded courses can be arranged into worlds, which are set up like in Super Mario Bros., with four courses per world. There is no way to upload courses in worlds; players can only upload single courses.

(The versions of Mario Maker)

(The courses of Mario Maker)

Why I Love This Game:
I love this game so much. I always had dreamed of replicating Mario levels and adding my own spins and twists to it and I didn't have the chance until this game came out! My girlfriend and I used to share our levels together and we had a competition of who can make toughest level, who can clear the level the fastest and all those nice challenges. She ended up winning the fastest challenge, and I won the toughest level challenge, only because I made things impossible while she at least made the game possible.

This was one of the games we shared our greatest joy at, the others being #1, #3, #4, among others. It really is a unique, cool game.
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
TWD S1 is pretty great, S2's alright but not as strong.
I wasn't hugely impressed by TWAU either, it was good too but not as great imo as everyone makes it out to be

also maybe i'll actually put together my list of 25 games soon, i probably should get around to this eventually  :lol

edit: like yeah put me down to do one after scar's is done, i'm already on the "will go eventually" list so
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 09:03:50 PM by Parama »

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
We finally hit the Mario titles... and it's one I haven't played.  :lol
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
I've never played Mario Maker but it's provided an endless amount of fun time on the Game Grumps channel so I will forever love it just for that.  :heart
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
edit: like yeah put me down to do one after scar's is done, i'm already on the "will go eventually" list so
:corn

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
I already spoiled my #1 tbh but my top 10 is gonna be a lot of obscure indie stuff so it should still be fun times

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
Number 14: Paper Mario: Sticker Star

What is Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Paper Mario: Sticker Star is the fourth title in the Paper Mario series and is exclusively available for the Nintendo 3DS, thus making it the first installment to be supported by a handheld device. The game was released on November 11, 2012 in North America and December 7th, 2012 in Europe and was preceded by 2007's Super Paper Mario for the Nintendo Wii.
The game was intially announced at the Nintendo Conference at the Electronic Entertainament Expo (E3) 2010 on June 15, 2010. Unlike the side-scrolling gameplay of it's predecessor, Paper Mario: Sticker Star returns to the series' roots and focuses on the RPG-style gameplay established in the original  Paper Mario for the Nintendo 64.

During the game, players take control of the titular character Mario as he explores the overworld and challenges enemies into RPG turn-based battles, as well as obtaining items and power-ups, solving puzzles, etc.

Plot
The story starts during the night of the Sticker Fest, where the citizens of Decalburg come to witness the Sticker Comet which is said to make everyone's wishes come true. As Princess Peach, Mario and the Toads celebrate the event, Bowser and his troops suddenly crash the party to claim the Sticker Comet. The Toads try to prevent Bowser from touching it but fail, and the comet breaks into six Royal Stickers, one of which falls on Bowser’s head making him more powerful. Mario tries to attack him, but is overpowered and later wakes up with the Sticker Fest in a disaster: Toads have been stuck everywhere by Bowser, and the Princess missing. After regaining consciousness, Mario meets Kersti, a sticker fairy and the caretaker of the Royal Stickers. After a conversation with her, Mario then suggests that he will help her get the Royal Stickers back, and Kersti finally agrees with him and gives him an album.

Mario starts by freeing the Toads affixed in tape placed by Bowser in the damaged festival, gaining a hammer in the process. After liberating the Toads, Mario heads towards the plaza east of town and discovers the area rolled up. The Toads push to unroll the Plaza and bring it back to normal, accidentally trapping a Green Toad under the fountain in the process. As Mario leaves the town, he gets ambushed by a trio of Goombas. Kersti uses the opportunity to explain how battling foes with stickers work and Mario defeats the Goombas.

Mario starts his travels through the grasslands and across mountains. In the Warm Fuzzy Plains, Mario and Kersti meet a group of Toads hunting for stickers. They stumbled onto one Toad who dropped a rare Scissors sticker and quickly flees before warning them about Bowser Jr., who appears and demands that they give up the sticker. Mario defeats him using the Scissors sticker, and infuriated Bowser Jr. tears up the bridge using paperization and throws the bridge up onto a high ledge Mario cannot jump onto. Mario and Kersti get help from the group of Toads, who form stairs for them to walk onto the ledge, and Kersti teaches Mario the ability to paperize to fix the bridge. A similar incident occurs in Water's Edge Way, this time with Kamek who is chasing a Toad for his album page, and after losing to Mario uses paperization to toss away the Sticker Comet, which must be found to proceed.

Eventually, Mario and Kersti arrive at Goomba's Fortress, where the first Royal Sticker is being held. Mario travels through the fortress, dealing with its forces to reach the top where he and Kersti confront a Goomba corrupted by the Royal Sticker and his minions, who form into Megasparkle Goomba. Near the end of the battle, the Megasparkle Goomba splits and the other Goombas abandon their boss, claiming that the Royal Sticker is destroying who they are, and saying that they would prefer to be normal Goombas again. The enraged boss begins to battle alone, but Mario defeats him and obtains the first Royal Sticker.

Mario and Kersti then head to doorway which requires stickers to be placed on it to enter the desert. They travel through the world to Drybake Stadium, which requires three tablet pieces gain entrance. One of them is in Drybake Desert. The second one is in Yoshi Sphinx, where Mario battles Kamek again to safely collect it. The last one is in Damp Oasis, where a Vacuum is used to remove the sandstorm and then a Faucet to fill the pond with water. After restoring Drybake Stadium, Mario faces Tower Power Pokey, the guardian of the second Royal Sticker, at the top. By defeating him, Mario and Kersti recover the second Royal Sticker.

The next location is a forest. At the entrance is a sleeping Wiggler who must be awakened. He says that he was looking for food, due to the entire forest being polluted by poison. Mario and Kersti decide to help Wiggler and go to his house. However, deeper in the forest, Wiggler is snatched by Poison Bloopers, although both heroes think he just ran ahead. When Mario and Kersti arrive at Wiggler's Tree House, they find that Wiggler has been broken into five segments by Kamek's magic, four of which have run away to different parts of the forest. Mario and Kersti must find the Wiggler Segments and bring them back to the Wiggler's head. After the Wiggler Segment is initially found and the level cleared, it will run away to another level where it must to fought due to being enraged. On the Outlook Point the poison is discovered to come from an island near Whitecap Beach. Here, the last Wiggler Segment, after freeing it from Poison Bloopers, is enraged by this and runs to Surfshine Harbor to get a boat and reach the island. The Toad that owns the boat refuses, because a fishing boat was recently lost at the island. After this, the Wiggler Segment decides to finally return home.

After Mario and Kersti reattach Wiggler, he decides to help them by taking them to the island where the poison comes from. There, it is shown that Gooper Blooper, corrupted by the third Royal Sticker, is the cause of the poison in the forest. After defeating the Blooper, the poison disappears, reverting the forest to its normal state, and Mario gets the Royal Sticker. Wiggler can again find himself food.

To reach the other worlds, Mario and Kersti require the boat from Surfshine Harbor. The sailor Toad helps them with this after finding and placing back the boat's wheel. However a Big Cheep Cheep suddenly attacks the ship. After Mario defeats it, the frightened Toad retires from sailing, letting Mario to use the boat as he wishes.

This world is snow-themed. As Mario and Kersti travel through it, they come across The Enigmansion, where its steward is sitting outside due to the mansion being haunted by "Terrifying Things", Boos, freed from the Book of Sealing. He tasks Mario to find all 100 of them, reseal them in the book, and place it on the pedestal in the basement. After the task is completed, Kamek then reveals himself, claiming that he released the Boos by accident when he was looking for a novel about stickers. He tears out all the pages of the book, and crumples them together to form the Big Boo, and leaves. When the Big Boo is defeated and sealed again in the book, the steward thanks Mario by inviting him to enjoy tea, as well as letting Mario have Forebear's Portrait, which is of the Enigmansion's previous steward.

Mario and Kersti head to Whiteout Valley, where they use the portrait to fill the hole with the portrait. The forebear thanks Mario by starting up the ski lift, which Mario rides to reach Bowser's Snow Fort. This place is a minecart coaster which Mario must ride to reach Bowser Snow Statue. After breaking it down, it's revealed to be Mizzter Blizzard, a snowman who only wanted a body that wouldn't melt, and although the Royal Sticker gave him that, it also corrupted his mind. When Mizzter Blizzard is defeated and the fourth Royal Sticker is obtained, his final words are to beg Mario to rebuild him next winter, so they can meet on more peaceful terms.

If the player returns to the Mansion, the forebear has returned there, and the former steward is now a servant. Also, leaving the world causes Bowser Jr. to intercept and fight Mario. By defeating him again, Bowser Jr. retreats once more, returning to his father's castle.

At the next world, Mario and Kersti travel through a forested area, going on a raft, and getting chased by a massive cardboard Cheep Chomp. This is followed by Chomp Ruins, where Mario has to battle a massive Chain Chomp, afterwards is a more volcanic area. At Rumble Volcano, Petey Piranha, powered up by the fifth Royal Sticker, eats Kersti, so Mario must reach and defeat Petey to both free Kersti and retrieve the fifth Royal Sticker.

Arriving at the Gate Cliff, the five Royal Stickers begin to react. As Mario places them on the wall, he can paperize the wall and flip it, revealing Bowser's castle which flies to the sky, out of Mario's reach. Upon hearing mention of a creature flying over the forest and by heading to Wiggler's house, they find out Wiggler has grown up into Flutter. Wanting to repay Mario and Kersti for restoring the forest, Wiggler flies the pair up to Bowser Jr.'s Flotilla. Here, Mario defeats Bowser Jr. for the final time, and is able to reach Bowser's Sky Castle.

At the castle, Mario again faces and defeats Kamek for the last time. With him out of the way, Mario is able to continue on to Bowser at the final area of the castle, where Princess Peach is taped to a chain. During the final showdown, Bowser falls down into a pit with the last Royal Sticker, and emerges seconds later as a massive cardboard version of himself. With any attack dealing little damage to him, Kersti powers-up Mario to face him by sacrificing herself, apologizing for all the hassle she has caused him. With this power boost, Mario defeats Bowser, releasing him from the Royal Sticker's control. Mario frees Peach and uses the Royal Stickers to return everything to normal. After Peach congratulates Mario and the rest of the kingdom for their success, Bowser attempts to steal the Royal Stickers again, only for the revived Kersti to intervene. She jokes that she wants to change her career, and Mario, Peach, and Bowser laugh.

(Mario's helper in this series, Kersti, a sticker.

Gameplay
After forgoing the classic battle system in favor of a sidescrolling platformer-style system in Super Paper Mario, Paper Mario: Sticker Star returns to the turn-based system from the first two installments. However, players have to gather stickers, which are necessary both for solving puzzles and gaining battle commands. Stickers are a major part of the gameplay and storyline. Some real-world objects (called Things) appear in the form of stickers, and they also have the ability to be used to attack and overcome obstacles. Instead of leveling up from experience points as in the previous installments, Mario must find HP-Up Hearts, which each increase his current HP by 5 and increase attack power from First Strikes. Stickers replace Badges from the first two installments of the series. A new feature is the "Battle Spinner" slot machine which allows Mario to attack with multiple stickers in one turn, gain coins, or cause a different event to occur, depending on the combination received.[1].

In addition, the gameplay places a lot more emphasis on the "paper" aspect than the previous games, containing status elements directly related to paper materials such as "soggy," "clipped," or "tacked;" additionally, the enemies sometimes transform themselves to better reflect the papery nature of their designs (eg, a Goomba occasionally becoming a cone Goomba), transform as part of an attack (eg, the Koopa Troopas), or simply resemble paper to begin with (eg, the Big Boo fought in World 4-3). Many characters actively refer to themselves as existing within a paper world, most notably Kersti. The world's environments also resemble craft materials like cardboard. A few enemies that debuted in Super Mario Bros. 2 are back such as Shy Guys Snifits and Ninjis.

When Mario battles an enemy, the screen will flash a certain color with the word saying "Fight" when the battle starts. It is a blue screen when Mario touches an enemy outside battle. If Mario hammers or jumps on an enemy, the words will say "Nice" with the blue screen. However if Mario jumps on a spiky enemy such as a Spiny or a Piranha Plant or if Mario gets hit by the First Strike outside battle in this game, the screen will be red and orange as soon as Mario enters it. If Mario defeats all of the enemies on the first turn of the battle, then "Perfect Bonus" will appear on the screen, which earns Mario bonus coins.

Stickers
Stickers are the only items to appear in Paper Mario: Sticker Star. They serve as the only method of attack, items to solve puzzles, and the like. Stickers can be found anywhere in levels, being stuck across the environment and inside blocks, and can also be purchased in shops. Any stickers collected are stored in the album.

There are many types of stickers, but the two main types are Jump stickers and Hammer stickers. Jump stickers include Jump, Hopslipper, Line Jump, and Iron Jump. Most Jump stickers can attack all enemies that are not spiked or have some other hazard on top of them. Hammer stickers include Hammer, Eekhammer, Slaphammer, and Hurlhammer. Most of them can hit all enemies except ones that wield wings, Spear Guys when holding their spear horizontally, or some other type of flying device, such as Kamek's broom.

There are also stickers that support Mario in battle, such as Spike Helmets that give Mario a helmet that damages all enemies that attack him from above. Also in this category are Mushrooms that heal Mario and Leaf stickers that execute all action commands perfectly for one turn.

Other types of attack stickers include Fire Flower and Ice Flower stickers that burn and freeze enemies, respectively. Certain enemies also occasionally drop stickers that represent their weapons - for example, Sombrero Guys occasionally drop Sombrero stickers, and Bob-ombs drop Bomb stickers.

There are 2 special stickers that only appear in battle and then disappear when the battle is finished. Kamek turns all of Mario's stickers into Flip-flop stickers during the Kamek battles in World 2-2 and 6-3. Flip-flop stickers are similar to Eekhammers because they strike multiple times in a hammer-like fashion. Flip-flop stickers also retain their power status, i.e. a Shiny Jump sticker is a Shiny Flip-flop, a Megaflash Slaphammer is a Megaflash Flip-flop, etc. Flip-flops of the same size will appear the same, even if it is Shiny or Flashy. Once Flip-flops are used, they are gone from the sticker book, meaning that the player cannot get that sticker back once the battle is completed and their inventory is returned to normal.

The second sticker of this kind is none other than Kersti, who will enter Mario's sticker book during the final stage of the Bowser battle. She will activate the Battle Spinner and will automatically give Mario a whopping five slots for stickers per turn. Even though Kersti will disappear from the sticker book once used, Mario wishes her to be alive again, so he can still Paperize and talk to Kersti after the battle.

Although neither sticker can be tossed or sold in shops, selling Kersti is mentioned twice in the game: entering Decalburg's shop for the first time, and right before Kersti enters Mario's sticker book when battling Bowser. Also, if Mario is able to overpower Bowser without using the Kersti sticker, he is able to toss Kersti away. However, this action does not alter the storyline.

Finally, there are Secret Door stickers that Mario is able to paste onto the environment via the Paperize ability. These doors reveal secret underground rooms containing rare stickers and/or Things that are usually not used for storyline purposes, such as a Thumbtack and a Squirt Gun.

Every single sticker except Thing stickers sometimes have special traits applied to them, such as "Shiny", "Flashy", and "Big". These stickers usually sparkle in Mario's album and do more damage than usual to enemies. Stickers that have traits like "Big" and "Megaflash" take up more space in the album, not unlike Secret Door and certain Thing stickers. Typically, stickers wielding special traits are rarer than normal stickers. Battle Stickers and Thing Stickers come in three sizes: Small (4 Spaces), Medium (9 Spaces), and Large (16 Spaces).

Worlds
World 1   
1-1: Warm Fuzzy Plains   
1-2: Bouquet Gardens   
1-3: Water's Edge Way*   
1-4: Hither Thither Hill   
1-5: Whammino Mountain
1-6: Goomba Fortress   

World 2
2-1: Drybake Desert   
2-2: Yoshi Sphinx
2-3: Sandshifter Ruins
2-4: Damp Oasis
2-5: Drybake Stadium

World 3
3-1: Leaflitter Path   
3-2: The Bafflewood   
3-3: Wiggler's Tree House   
3-4: Strike Lake
3-5: Loop Loop River
3-6: Outlook Point   
3-7: Rustle Burrow   
3-8: Tree Branch Trail
3-9: Gauntlet Pond   
3-10: Stump Glade   
3-11: Holey Thicket   
3-12: Whitecap Beach

World 4   
4-1: Snow Rise
4-2: Ice Flow   
4-3: The Enigmansion
4-4: Shaved-Ice Cave
4-5: Whiteout Valley
4-6: Bowser's Snow Fort

World 5
5-1: Shy Guy Jungle   
5-2: Jungle Rapids
5-3: Long Fall Falls
5-4: Chomp Ruins
5-5: Rugged Road   
5-6: Rumble Volcano

World 6
6-1: Gate Cliff
6-2: Bowser Jr.'s Flotilla
Final: Bowser's Sky Castle

Why I Love This Game:
1. RPG: Finally. Finally. After that experiment with Super Paper Mario (which I absolutely love to death) this game goes back to its original RPG structure.

2. Underrated: Many people bash this game and says that it is sub par and is horrible compared to the other 3 games before it. I agree, but it is not horrible at all! This game is not mentioned as much as other games when it has the right to be mentioned. Man....

3. Fantastic Series: I love the Paper Mario series to death. Really. This along with the Galaxy series are my favorite Mario games. Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario are top notch. This series has created a standing impact on me and that's what makes this game fantastic also.

Starting from the next right up is when true nostalgia begins....oh god.
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
TWD S1 is pretty great, S2's alright but not as strong.
I wasn't hugely impressed by TWAU either, it was good too but not as great imo as everyone makes it out to be

also maybe i'll actually put together my list of 25 games soon, i probably should get around to this eventually  :lol

Done and done! :)
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
Number 13: Super Mario Galaxy 1

How'd I Find Out About Super Mario Galaxy 1?
I was at a Target when I was browsing some games for the Wii. There was this game I wanted to get and my mom promised me a game. The game I was originally looking for was sold out so I was about to go to another Target, when Super Mario Galaxy 1 caught my eye. Now, I've never played this game before, but something about it was very interesting. I picked it up and at first, I raged because of the difficulty, but it ended up turning really well. I introduced Galaxy 2, a year later to my girlfriend, and that has become our favorite.

What is Super Mario Galaxy 1?
Super Mario Galaxy is a 3D action-adventure platformer game for the Wii console, first released in 2007. It is the third Mario 3D platformer, and the follow-up to Super Mario 64 as well as Super Mario Sunshine. Unlike the previous two 3D adventure installments for the Mario franchise, this game takes place in deep space. Most of the game's levels consist of many small planets and planetoids, while others have bigger planets. Upon release, Super Mario Galaxy received some of the highest review scores and appraisals of any Wii game to date. Since its release, the game has sold over 12 million copies, making it the eighth best-selling Wii game, and earning a Nintendo Selects rerelease. Super Mario Galaxy received a sequel titled Super Mario Galaxy 2 which was released for the Wii in 2010.

The Story
Every hundred years, on the eve of the Star Festival, a comet passes over the Mushroom Kingdom and causes magical stars and stardust to fall to the planet below. Peach invites Mario to her castle to join in the festivities and receive something she wants to give. As Mario arrives in the Castle Gardens, Bowser suddenly attacks the Toads with his airships and freezes them in crystals. He "invites" Peach to the creation of his brand new galaxy and cuts the castle off the ground with a UFO to carry it to the center of the universe. Before Mario can reach Peach, Kamek casts a spell at him, sending him into space. A Luma, whom Peach was carrying before her abduction, flees to look for Mario before Kamek warps the castle away with another spell.

(Toad Town, as seen in game.)

(Peach's castle being lifted up and taken away...)

When Mario later wakes up on a small grassy planet he meets Lumas and eventually Rosalina, a mysterious woman who acts as the protector of the galaxies and the mother of the Lumas. She tells Mario that her ship, the Comet Observatory, had its Power Stars and Grand Stars stolen by Bowser. Without these, the Comet Observatory is unable to move through space. Rosalina asks him to rescue the Grand Stars in order to defeat Bowser. Mario also receives help from Luma, who grants him spinning powers. Mario and Luma complete missions from galaxies in opened domes in order to receive Power Stars. Once a mission is completed, Mario collects a Power Star and unlocks the next mission. There are normally five galaxies per dome, and once Mario has collected enough Power Stars, the next galaxy in the current dome would be an enemy base where either Bowser or Bowser Jr. would be using the power of one of the Grand Stars. His next mission would be to defeat Bowser or Bowser Jr. and rescue the next Grand Star. Rescuing the Grand Star unlocks the next dome. When enough Power Stars and Grand Stars are collected, the Comet Observatory can take Mario to the center of the universe.

Here, Mario defeats Bowser in his brand new galaxy, retrieves the last Grand Star, and rescues Peach. Just then, the sun of Bowser's near-complete galaxy undergoes a supernova and becomes a supermassive Black Hole which begins pulling in everything. The Lumas throw themselves into the Black Hole in order to neutralize it, and it soon disintegrates in a massive explosion. Mario appears in front of Rosalina, who tells him that this is not the end, but a new beginning for the universe, which never repeats itself in exactly the same way.

(Mario flying with Peach after defeating Bowser.)

Mario later awakens in the Mushroom Kingdom near Peach's Castle. He sees everyone he's met throughout his adventure celebrating, while Bowser and Peach lie next to him with no recollection of the past events. When he looks in the air, he notices the reconstructed galaxy, and exclaims "Welcome! Welcome new galaxy!" as the camera zooms out into space, revealing that the universe has been reconstituted. If 120 stars are collected, a special cut scene plays after the credits. There, Rosalina thanks Mario before flying off with the Comet Observatory. The Luma that accompanied Mario is shown to be alive, inside a derelict Starshroom.

(Various characters celebrating after the universe's recreation.)

Gameplay?
Gameplay is somewhat different from previous Mario titles, rather than being strictly 2D or 3D, the game occasionally shifts from 3D to 2D (A practice that became popular in other games, such as the Sonic games), although the core gameplay is mostly 3D. The game uses sphere walking, which would become popular afterward, too. Despite the changes, the gameplay heavily resembles Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine, with a similar camera system and similar gameplay mechanics.

Collecting all 120 Power Stars and defeating Bowser once more unlocks "Super Luigi Galaxy" mode, which replaces Mario with a playable version of Luigi and presents a few gameplay differences to reflect this change. Like in a number of previous Mario games, Luigi boasts higher jumps, but lower traction compared to Mario. Luigi is also faster than Mario, but loses air faster while underwater. Cosmic Luigi is more challenging than Cosmic Mario, and Luigi receives 20 1-Up Mushrooms from Peach's letter (although if Luigi's 1-Up counter grows too high, he will only receive five). Outside of these changes, the storyline is almost completely unchanged, and even includes the original NPC Luigi. When the player has defeated Bowser again and continues with "Super Luigi Galaxy", Rosalina again says if Luigi collects all 120 stars, the player can travel to a new world. When the player collects 120 Power Stars, they can travel to Grand Finale Galaxy, which shows the celebration of the Star Festival and is where the 121st Power Star is found.

(Pull Stars are used by pointing the Star Cursor at them and pressing the A Button.)

(Mario's Spin move can defeat enemies or activate machines.)
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
Galaxies
Power Stars make a comeback, last being seen in Super Mario 64. The main goal of the game is to collect a minimum of sixty stars and defeat Bowser. Similar to Princess Peach's Castle in Super Mario 64 and Delfino Plaza in Super Mario Sunshine, the Comet Observatory acts as the game's hub area. There, Mario can access the galaxies from domes. New areas in the Comet Observatory become accessible as Mario gains Power Stars and Grand Stars. A minimum number of Power Stars is required to have enough power to go to each multi-star galaxy, single non-Grand Star galaxies with a ? Block icon when locked are bonuses for finishing certain star missions. The game has a level intro for each star, as in Super Mario Sunshine.

Mario encounters Luigi in four levels (located in the Good Egg Galaxy, the Honeyhive Galaxy, the Battlerock Galaxy, and the Ghostly Galaxy). In Ghostly Galaxy, Luigi is at the end of Luigi and the Haunted Mansion holding a star. After Luigi is rescued, he can be seen in the observatory and helps Mario reach secret stars that he could not get alone. When Luigi is in other galaxies, Mario receives a letter from Luigi every time Luigi has found a Power Star, including a picture which helps Mario find Luigi. After the main game is finished, Mario can return and collect up to 120 stars. Super Mario Galaxy contains a few different types of stars, including red, green, and comet stars. The Green Power Stars are secret stars which are used to unlock the Trial Galaxies and one Red Power Star appears when Mario returns to the gate, which allows usage of the Red Star in the Comet Observatory.

After finishing a level, Mario's highest score of coins for the galaxy is recorded and the collected Star Bits are transferred to the Comet Observatory, where Mario can later use them to feed Hungry Lumas. The requirements for opening up each galaxy is listed below, with Star Bits if the galaxy is created by a Hungry Luma. Note, however, that some galaxies are not unlocked by simply obtaining a number of stars but by completing a specific star. This is true for all Hungry Lumas except the first, and all bonus galaxies from Buoy Base Galaxy onward.

There are a total of forty-two galaxies in the game.

The amount of Power Stars and Star Bits listed after a galaxy is the amount of the corresponding collectibles that is required to unlock the galaxy.

The Gate:

“There's a connection here to deep space, far from your lands. We call it the gateway to the starry sky.”
—Luma, Super Mario Galaxy

The Gate or the gateway to the starry sky is a portal from the Comet Observatory to the Gateway Galaxy which appears in the Wii game, Super Mario Galaxy. It is a small floating island above the comet observatory with two of the observatory's "portals" linking to it; one from the Engine Room and one from the Garden. It is impossible to access the gate if one has not recovered the sixth Grand Star by defeating King Kaliente in the galaxy Bowser Jr.'s Lava Reactor. Once that star is recovered the Engine Room will be beaten and the Warp Pad to the gate will open creating a path to both the Gate and the Garden.

By passing through the Gate, Mario is able to return to the Gateway Galaxy and take another Warp Pad to the Garden. Just beside the gate is a Hungry Luma who will unlock and allow Mario to travel to the Boo's Boneyard Galaxy if it is fed with 1,200 Star Bits.

There is also a 1-Up Mushroom underneath the gate which can only be accessed by using a Red Star and flying right underneath it. The Red Stars are by the Garage and on the roof of the Bedroom after Mario completes Gateway's Purple Coins in the Gateway Galaxy.

Galaxies in the Gate:

1. Gateway Galaxy - This is the first Galaxy that the player encounters in the game. However, after completing its first mission, the player cannot revisit the Galaxy until they have unlocked the Gate dome. It contains a grassy starting planet with patches of flowers, miniature houses, and other features. A Grand Star and a Red Power Star can be found in this Galaxy.

2. Boo's Boneyard Galaxy - The player encounters the Spooky Speedster for a second time in this Hungry Luma Galaxy; this time, the player races as Boo Mario in an underground course.

The Terrace:
“You should go to the Terrace first. Please rescue the Power Stars in the galaxies you see there.”
—Rosalina, Super Mario Galaxy

The Terrace is a dome in Super Mario Galaxy. It is the first dome that Mario or Luigi have access to, and is unlocked once the Grand Star from the Gateway Galaxy is recovered. The Terrace's exterior resembles an Earth-like atmosphere; it is grassy and sits on a plain-like patch of the Comet Observatory.

Inside, the Terrace has starry wallpaper with a castle design in silhouette. It is the most realistic observatory in the game, due to it not having a clear theme (such as Kitchen, Bedroom, etc.) and featuring an inside that looks like a real observation room would look like in the Mario franchise. There is a small telescope in the corner, presumably for looking at galaxies. It's possible that this is the telescope that once belonged to Rosalina's father, as mentioned in Rosalina's Storybook. As with all domes, the Terrace has a Pull Star in the center used to access its galaxies.

The main boss of the Terrace is Megaleg.

(Inside the Terrace.)

(Outside the Terrace.)

Galaxies in the Terrace:
1. Good Egg Galaxy - This is a fairly basic Galaxy. There are two bosses, Dino Piranha and King Kaliente, fought here during the first and third missions, respectively. Dino Piranha is also fought under Speedrun conditions.

2. Honeyhive Galaxy - This is a bee-themed Galaxy. The Bee Mushroom is introduced here. Bugaboom is fought here during the third mission. Queen Bee lives here. The Toad Brigade is first found here.

3. Loopdeeloop Galaxy - This is a Manta Ray Surfing Galaxy. Penguins are found here.This is a Manta Ray Surfing Galaxy. Penguins are found here.

4. Flipswitch Galaxy - This is a Galaxy made mostly out of one Flipswitch Panel-filled planet. Other planets exist, but are inaccessible.

5. Bowser Jr.'s Robot Reactor - This is the boss Galaxy of the Terrace. Megaleg, the first major boss of the game, is fought here.

6. Sweet Sweet Galaxy - This is a rather large Hungry Luma Galaxy. It is made entirely out of candy-themed platforms and structures.

The Fountain:

(Inside the Fountain.)

(Outside the Fountain.)

The Fountain is a dome in Super Mario Galaxy. It is the second dome that Mario or Luigi can unlock, provided he recovers the Grand Star from Bowser Jr.'s Robot Reactor.

The exterior is made of white stones and has water spouting from the sides. The interior has blue tiles and water running through it like channels. Polari describes the dome as being very relaxing. As with all domes, the Fountain has a Pull Star in the center which is used to access its galaxies. The main boss is Bowser.

Galaxies in the Fountain:
1. Space Junk Galaxy - This is a Galaxy centred around space junk. Scuttlebugs appear prominently here. Two bosses, Kamella and Tarantox, are fought here during the second and third missions, respectively. There are platforms here that only appear when Mario is close to them, and vanish when he leaves them. Finishing the second mission of the Galaxy, Kamella's Airship Attack, will make Prankster Comets appear.

2. Rolling Green Galaxy - This is a golf course-like Galaxy. A Star Ball must be carefully manoeuvred in a Star Ball Rolling minigame to acquire the Galaxy's one Star.

3. Battlerock Galaxy - This Galaxy contains many floating metallic saucers and a large Battlerock equipped with cannons. Topmen can be found here during the second and third missions. Topmaniac is fought here twice, once during normal conditions during the third mission, and once under Daredevil conditions. This is one of the three Galaxies in the game to feature a Green Star mission, the other ones being Buoy Base Galaxy and Dusty Dune Galaxy.

4. Hurry-Scurry Galaxy - This is a Galaxy that prominently features Shrinking Tiles. Music Notes must be collected on the main planet of the Galaxy to obtain the Galaxy's one Star.

5. Bowser's Star Reactor - This is the first Bowser Galaxy in the game. As such, it is the first time in the game where he is fought.

6. Sling Pod Galaxy - This is the Hungry Luma Galaxy of the Fountain. Like the name implies, Sling Pods are featured prominently in this Galaxy.

The Kitchen:

The Kitchen is a dome in Super Mario Galaxy. It is the third accessible dome, and must be unlocked by recovering the Grand Star from Bowser's Star Reactor. The main boss of the Kitchen is Bowser Jr.

The Kitchen has brick walls with an eternally-smoking chimney on top. Inside is a wooden floor with a raised star-shaped platform in the middle. The Kitchen also has a sink and a fireplace. There is also a 1-Up Mushroom behind the tower that the Kitchen is situated upon. As with all domes, the Kitchen has a Pull Star in the middle which is used to access the dome's Galaxies.

When the black hole of Bowser's Galaxy Reactor was formed, Princess Peach's Castle was forcefully pushed through the nothingness and collided with the Comet Observatory, sending the kitchen off into space without the Observatory.

The Galaxies in the Kitchen:
1. Beach Bowl Galaxy - This is a water-themed Galaxy. Penguins are featured prominently here. This is the first time in the game where the Ice Flower is obtainable through the secret Star. A notable area of this Galaxy is the The Cyclone Stone, later reused in Super Mario Galaxy 2's Stone Cyclone Galaxy.

2. Bubble Breeze Galaxy - This Galaxy prominently features a poison swamp that instantaneously kills Mario when touched. The main method of transport in this Galaxy is careful maneuvering of Bubble Blowing.

3. Ghostly Galaxy - This is a Ghost House-themed Galaxy. Luigi is first found here, and completing the first mission of the Galaxy will unlock Luigi missions in previous Galaxies. Bouldergeist is fought here twice, once during normal conditions during the third mission and once during Daredevil conditions. The Boo Mushroom is introduced here.

4. Buoy Base Galaxy - This Galaxy, like its name implies, is mainly focused on a large buoy. This is one of the two Galaxies in the game to feature two Stars, the other one being Gateway Galaxy. This is one of the three Galaxies in the game to feature a Green Star, the other two being Battlerock Galaxy and Dusty Dune Galaxy.

5. Bowser Jr.'s Airship Armada - This is the boss Galaxy of the Kitchen. The boss here is Bowser Jr.. As the name implies, there are many Airships here.

6. Drip Drop Galaxy - This Hungry Luma Galaxy is composed entirely out of one large spherical planet made almost entirely out of water. Three Gringills are fought here to obtain the Galaxy's one Star.

:lol :lol

Ok, I think that's enough.....Anyways.......

Why I Love This Game:
1. Exploration - You know, the two galaxy games will always have my heart. Galaxy 2 will way ahead of this list. I really wish that Super Mario Galaxy 1 was real. Galaxy 2, which we will get on about way later, was my girlfriend's favorite and we had so many memories of it. Sticking with Galaxy 1, I just wish I could visit some of these galaxies with my girlfriends and have a future there. A world that is really peaceful and with no one to disturb us.

2. Music - I can't emphasis how much I love video game music. Music and exploration are real softies with me and Galaxy 1's music does not disappoint. Me writing this won't spread the message effectively, so I want you guys to check this out.

My Favorite Musics:
a. Gusty Garden Galaxy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcZhJDUFb58
(Filled with orchestra, this face paced song will not disappoint. You latch on to flowers and fly to the wind. Imagine this playing while you are doing something fast paced like sky diving.)

b. Deep Dark Galaxy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcWp7wTMO5Y
(This music is really haunting. It fits the level well. You are exploring a dark level with a lot of ghosts and just darkness. The whole scene is unsettling.)

c. Space Junk Galaxy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuYNxzSFRk8
(Really soothing piano. This is my lullaby. So refreshing....)

d. Buoy Base Galaxy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z29bt-wjS88
(An abandoned fortress with extremely cool music playing.....can I ask for more?
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
I thought the story of this game was blah, I totally glossed over everything Rosalina talked about. I don't need any story to enjoy a Mario game. And I enjoyed the hell out of this game.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
My girlfriend has super mario galaxy and I'm still kicking myself for not playing it.