Author Topic: 80s metal/hard rock: Y&T Discography - #1 album reviewed  (Read 9221 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: 80s metal/hard rock: Y&T Discography - My Life As a Y&T Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2016, 03:02:44 PM »
Nah, he's pretty short.  Notice during the solo that I have my arm on his shoulder and am hunched over, and he is still shorter than me.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9mY9J2Z57Y 

But he isn't afraid to joke about others being short as well.  I remember one show, he introduced all the other band members and then said, "And I'm...  [gets down on both knees] RONNIE JAMES DIO!"  [starts laughing and then launches into a cappella version of Rainbow In the Dark as the crowd is laughing and cheering]  :lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2016, 03:57:43 PM »
Must be Charlotte behind you!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2016, 03:59:09 PM »
 :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2016, 04:57:25 PM »
I'm a casual or maybe a little more than casual fan.  But love Dave and his guitar skills.  I still haven't heard every single album from them, but seems like they were guilty of some filler.

I agree bosk when you mentioned both of Dave's superb solo albums, they really are killer.  Facemelter was pretty much as you say, Y&T by numbers.  It's cool to listen too, but didn't really have anything to keep you coming back to it.

Looking forward to the rest.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2016, 05:13:40 PM »

Just realized, this picture works better if you look at it with the music.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jswHsTJQL_c
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2016, 05:16:29 PM »
I'm not sure that picture works better on ANY level.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2016, 05:17:55 PM »
Did you actually click the link?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2016, 05:19:00 PM »
bosk1, I absolutely owned some cheap suit jackets that I rolled the sleeves up.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2016, 05:19:55 PM »
It was the '80s.  I would be disappointed if you didn't.  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2016, 05:22:06 PM »
Contagious is still the only song by this band I have ever heard, thanks to MTV playing the video a lot back in '87.  I liked the song then and still enjoy it now when it comes up on random when I turn on my 80s playlist, but I have never had any urge to check out anything else by them.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2016, 05:24:37 PM »
The first time I saw Y&T live was with Accept, Helix and Motley Crue.  I think in 1984.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2016, 05:27:35 PM »
Contagious is still the only song by this band I have ever heard, thanks to MTV playing the video a lot back in '87.  I liked the song then and still enjoy it now when it comes up on random when I turn on my 80s playlist, but I have never had any urge to check out anything else by them.

If all I knew was Contageous, I wouldn't have the urge to check out anything else either!

The first time I saw Y&T live was with Accept, Helix and Motley Crue.  I think in 1984.

I think I barely remember that tour. Barely.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2016, 05:30:55 PM »
Tim, it was at the Lynn Bowl.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2016, 05:33:37 PM »
That would've been an awesome show.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2016, 05:36:06 PM »

Really?  That isn't anywhere near their most-played video on MTV, so I'm surprised.  But if that video was your only exposure to the band, as Tim said, I can understand not really having much urge to dig any deeper.  I will see if I can sway you a bit once I get to the stronger albums later in the thread.  In the mean time, in case people didn't catch the links embedded in the first post, here is the last "official" video they did back in 2010:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw63i6fbAQI   Not a bad song by any stretch, and kinda cool to see them still rockin' hard 36 years after they started.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2016, 05:38:38 PM »
Well, to me at the time, Contagious fitted right in with the other hair rock stuff at the time that was getting big airplay, so at the golden age of 13/14, it sounded a-okay to me. :lol :lol 

If I heard it for the first time now, I am sure I would chuckle and think no thanks, but nostalgia is a funny thing.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2016, 05:44:33 PM »
Kev, you youngster.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2016, 01:31:38 AM »

There is far better than that in the discog. Not much on that album to be fair ( but we'll get to that, pretty soon probably, though I think I have a worse view of that album to some).

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2016, 08:27:27 AM »
Well, ranking means we're going to have to spend a bit of time in the more obscure parts of the discography.  So I'll try to balance that with some stories that may have a bit more mass appeal than perhaps Y&T's most obscure album (which is coming up next post).  Key words:  Van Halen; feud.  I'll come back to that in just a second.

I got into Y&T somewhat late in the game, around 1984.  I had heard about them earlier, but they somehow eluded me until later.  I will provide more details on that shortly.  But anyhow, in high school, they quickly became one of my favorite bands.  The Y&T fanbase in Northern California were a rabid bunch, but I was never close enough to that group during the time Y&T were on the rise.  It wasn't until much later that I would make some of those connections.  Fast forward to 2000.  The band was not really active, but a fan who is a computer guy had a fan site with a primitive forum.  Meniketti took notice, and the Dave Meniketti website was launched, complete with a new discussion forum.  I was one of the first to join (I was actually member #29 or so), and it was so cool to be able to interact with the fans, Dave Meniketti himself, and eventually, other band members.  I made a lot of contacts through the years that led to some fun times, including helping form and front the first (and, I think, only) Y&T tribute band with other forum members, meeting the band and some of their crew, getting to play with Joey Alves, etc.  Through these connections, I heard lots and lots of stories, often directly from the source.  Between Joey, Dave, and a former roadie/friend of the band, I heard lots of stories about the relationship and rivalry between Y&T and Van Halen, especially the drummers.

Rewinding the clock many years, Y&T was playing all the classic clubs in the L.A. area in the late '70s and the '80s.  A bit prior to Van Halen getting signed, they were openers for Y&T.  I wish I knew the exact club and date, but I don't.  Anyhow, Joey decided to watch them, but the rest of the band were back in their dressing room hanging out.  Joey came back into the dressing room and was raving about how good this Eddie Van Halen kid was.  The rest of the band laughed and blew him off, and there were comments made along the lines of, "What's a 'Van Halen' anyway?  What kind of name is that?"  Then Joey brought Eddie back into the dressing room, and Eddie began to play.  And the reaction was basically: 
:icwomangs:

The friendship and rivalry between the bands grew from there.  And in hindsite, I think some of it was fueled by the guys in Y&T being jealous and seeing Van Halen go from obscure opener to megastars while Y&T had a much slower climb.  In particular, the drummers apparently almost literally got into fist fights more than once.  Back in the day, I never really noticed Leonard Haze's drumming.  He wasn't flashy, didn't play a huge drum kit, didn't do insane barehanded solos like Tommy Aldridge, or do some of the things his peers did to garner attention.  But the dude was as solid as they come.  One thing about his style that made him unique was how fast his footwork was.  He had a single bass drum and did not use a double bass pedal, but there are definite times when what he was doing with one foot sounded like a double base.  Apparently, Eddie was enthralled with this, and would apparently ride Alex frequently about not being as fast or as good as Leonard.  And this apparently got under Alex's skin and really pissed him off.  To this day, I don't know whether Eddie was intentionally being a jerk (or...maybe just being a "brother"--sometimes, those go hand-in-hand, right? :) ), or if it was his way of trying to fuel Alex to work harder and try new things, or what.  But it did not go over well with Alex, although it maybe did push him to up his game.

***Disclaimer:  For a lot of these stories, I obviously was not there when these things happened.  I got my information second, third, or fourth hand, and I do not have the other side of these events.  I am merely telling what was told to me, to the best of my recollection.  My apologies if anything I post may not be 100% accurate or may be skewed by perspective, the passage of time, etc.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 09:29:22 AM by bosk1 »

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2016, 08:33:10 AM »
Good story. Brothers eh?  :biggrin:

And yeah, Leonard was rock solid. Did well to carry tunes like Barroom Boogie.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2016, 09:17:34 AM »
Contagious is still the only song by this band I have ever heard, thanks to MTV playing the video a lot back in '87. 

Not even "Summertime Girls"?  That song got a ton of airplay.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2016, 09:26:52 AM »
Okay, on to the albums...

9.  Musically Incorrect (1995).  This is easily Y&T's most obscure album, but is probably their most creative.  And it easily has my favorite album cover.  The time was 1995.  After frustration upon frustration about their career, the band decided to make the Ten tour their "farewell tour" and call it quits after that.  A bit more on that when I discuss the Ten album.  But Dave is one of those guys that just has music in his soul.  And Phil Kennemore is cut from the same cloth.  Despite that '80s metal was firmly on the outs by the mid-'90s and grunge and alternative had taken over the rock scene, Dave and Phil decided to reunite and put some of their ideas on paper.  Jimmy DeGrasso and Stef Burns, who had kept busy with Alice Cooper and various other projects were onboard (although I don't believe Stef participated in the writing).  The title, "Musically Incorrect" was basically a reference to the fact that the type of music this band was known for, which they still wanted to remain true to, was on the outs and not popular.  But they were going to do it anyway.  And more than they had done in a LONG time, they let a lot of their early influences really shine through, such as the very Beatles-esque Nowhere Land, or the funk/psychedelic influenced Fly Away.  Again, this is perhaps their most creative album ever.  It is diverse.  It is fun.  But it is also very hit and miss for me, and came at a time when I wasn't ready for it.  I dunno.  Maybe upon further reflection, it should rate a bit higher.  I'll ponder on that.  But some notes on the songs:
-Long Way Down:  The main riff is one of my favorites the band has ever written.  And I am not alone in that assessment.  I remember them doing a "release party" at a local Tower Records location in the Bay Area (Jimmy could not be there as he was, as Dave put it, "off playing golf with Alice Cooper), and whoever was doing sound during the meet and greet had this song on loop.  At one point, Dave said, "You know, there ARE other songs on the record."  The only thing that keeps this from being an all-time favorite for me are Phil's scathing, anti-religious lyrics.  Phil was a rebellious kid who grew up in a strict religious household and parents that did not understand his rebellion or his love of rock and roll, so he rebelled harder, and...well, you know.  This song was his opportunity to vent about how he felt about "organized religion."  And while I get and sympathize with where he was coming from, the lyrics are offputting to someone like me who holds faith very dear.  But instrumentally, this song is TASTY.
-Fly Away:  I mentioned that this song has heavy funk and psychedelic vibes.  It is SO '70s.  After the initial intro noodling, when Dave launches into the main riff at about 1:38 in, the insanity of what he is playing goes off the charts.  They performed this song a handful of times in the late '00s, and I am so glad I got to see it live. 
-Quicksand:  One of a handful of songs that was written around a creative drum groove brought in by Jimmy DeGrasso.  The odd off-tempo meter and middle eastern vibe make this song unique and fun.
-Nowhere Land:  One of the few songs where Phil takes lead vocals.  This song just drips Beatles.  Really fun little tune that I look back on with nostalgia when remembering the life of our fallen comrade, Phil Kennemore.
-21st Century:  Another one that I am glad I got to see live.  Best complete song on the album.  This is Y&T playing with groove and a bit of a dark edge, which is one of the things I liked about them from day 1.  Sounds like it could easily have been something that sat on a shelf from the In Rock We Trust sessions that was developed later on.  Not flashy, but just an incredibly solid song. 
In writing the above descriptions, it REALLY feels like I should rank this album higher than I do.  Maybe the intervening years of getting into prog and exploring other styles makes what the band was doing back then "click" more now for me in retrospect.  But the flip side of that is, I find the other songs on the album to be pretty forgettable.  Eh, it's an album ranking on an Internet discussion forum.  No need to overthink it...

8.  Down for the Count (1985).  This album isn't as good as it's #8 rank.  But it isn't bad either.  But here's the problem a lot of fans have with it:  This band started as just a straightforward, no-frills, jeans leather and t-shirts hard rock band.  By their 6th album, In Rock We Trust, there was a marked shift.  The band noticed that their glammier, big-haired, spandex wearing counterparts that were newer on the scene were having more commercial success, so the band started in that direction and saw that album take off like none of its predecessors had.  But with 1985's DFTC, they had become a full-tilt, stereotypical hair metal band, and it showed in both the image and the songs.  Not that they had abandoned their signature sound altogether.  But there was just less meat and more fluff (not to mention keyboards), and a lot of fans did NOT like it.  Still, it spawned the band's biggest hit to date in Summertime Girls, which was featured in Real Genius and many times on Baywatch.  There are some solid songs on this one though, but as I look down the list, I notice that they are generally on the "softer" side.  Some of my personal faves are:  Face Like an Angel, Looks Like Trouble, and Hands of Time.  And their cover of Your Mama Don't Dance is FAR superior to the one Poison would release a couple of years later. 

One reason this album ranks so high for me is the nostalgia factor.  I mentioned above that I missed the early years of Y&T.  Here's how I got into them.  Warning:  SEVERAL '80s buzzwords bound to trigger uncontrollable nostalgia follow.  You have been warned.  So...in the 2 years or so leading up to '84, I was just kind of discovering hard rock for myself.  A big factor was my Columbia House membership, through which I got a ton of tapes rather quickly.  My first "real" hard rock album was Van Halen I.  This soon led to Ozzy's Blizzard of Oz, Dio's Holy Diver, Def Leppard's Pyromania, Quiet Riot's Metal Health, and a few others.  Well, thanks to another '80s standby, K-Tel compilation albums, my friend Alex and I got the idea to create the ultimate hard rock compilation tape.  So we pooled our resources and our two Columbia House memberships and set out to collect albums.  But who would make the cut and who wouldn't, and which albums from those bands that made it?  On some advice from a girl in my freshman class named Shannon, I told Alex he HAD TO get Y&T's Black Tiger album.  Only problem was, Columbia House didn't have it.  They only had the then-new release, In Rock We Trust.  So Alex got that.  And he loved it.  I liked it, but it didn't really click.  Until...one Friday night, we went to the video store to rent some VHS tapes for a sleepover.  I wanted to get the Scorpions' live set they had just put out.  Alex wanted Y&T, Live at the SF Civic.  So we got both, and agreed that Y&T would be the "opener" and Scorps the "headliner."  After the Y&T tape, I was blown away.  I mentioned above how good a live band they are.  This was my first taste, and it was amazing.  They blew Scorpions off the figurative stage that night.  Alex immediately bought Black Tiger.  And I...did what kids did back then and taped his copy on a cheap Memorex cassette rather than immediately buying my own copy (and did the same with IRWT).  So...that's all well and good, but what exactly does it have to do with Down For The Count?  Well, in my roundabout way of getting to that, the short story was, since Alex already had copies of two albums, and I could make copies of his, I was content not to buy any Y&T for myself right away.  The first album I bought was when their "new" album came out in 1985.  And it was, you guessed it, DFTC.  Because this was MY first Y&T album that I bought for myself, the nostalgia alone probably makes it rank a bit higher than it should.  But there you have it.

Interlude:  Open Fire - Live (1985).  This was released a few months earlier than DFTC.  The band had become frustrated with A&M, as I pointed out earlier.  Interestingly, the Down For The Count - Contagious era of the band bears some striking similarities to DT's Falling Into Infinity period, right down to writing a bunch of songs that were rejected by the label, and working with Desmond Child to co-write "hits."  Anyhow, they were writing for DFTC and having their songs rejected.  Summertime Girls was one such casualty.  The label heard the demo and hated it.  But the band kinda liked it and played it live.  They decided to put out a live album to help meet their contract so they could ditch A&M faster, and also because they couldn't get green-lit on the studio album.  In fact, it was becoming increasingly difficult to get anyone at the label to even listen to their demos.  So they got creative.  They rented a mobile sound truck, parked it in the label's parking lot, and mixed the album there, with the music blaring from the truck's speakers.  A label exec heard the live version of Summertime Girls and LOVED it, and next thing the band knew, they were told they had to record a studio version and include it on the album.  In case you ever wondered why (A) there is a studio track on this otherwise live album, and (B) why that song appears twice on two separate albums in 1985, that is the reason.  Anyhow, although this is short, it is a really good live recording from a band that is known for its live performances.  Also featured is the rare Go For The Throat, which only existed in this live form until...much later.  Another interesting note about this time period:  John Nyman would join the band on the tour on backup vocals.  But this was not his first time onstage with the band.  On the In Rock We Trust tour, he was also onstage with the band...dressed in the Rock the robot costume.  :lol 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 10:48:39 AM by bosk1 »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2016, 10:46:35 AM »
I remember my Columbia House membership.

The only real Y&T I ever heard and liked much was Summertime Girls, and the first place I heard it was in Real Genius.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2016, 11:15:43 AM »
Unfortunately I can't speak a lot to these albums. I do have Musically Incorrect, and the other album that came out in this time period, Endangered Species. Probably listened to both twice years ago. Neither jumped out at me. Probably should revisit. My memory is that one sounded like Y&T and the other didn't. Not sure which one is which.

While I did buy the tape of Down For The Count, I remember not really thinking it was any good. I kind of moved past Y&T when it was released. Though, yes, Hands Of Time is awesome. But doing a cover of Your Mama Don't Dance just struck me as trying to capitalize on Quiet Riot's covering of Slade on consecutive albums. Another example of Y&T coming late to the fad.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2016, 11:30:43 AM »
I played MI once and don't remember much about it other than not really being impressed. Didn't get it at the time either, which I'd wrird as I'd bought everything up to that point (except the first 2). Maybe I was put off by an unfavourable review but I just don't remember why I didn't get it.

Will give it a try.

DFTC is a good album. I like most of it and prefer it to Contagious and possibly IRWT. I get what you say about it being a change of style and image and I wasn't very comfortable with it. They didn't suit the image at all. Yeah, good album. I'd rate it higher.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2016, 11:45:10 AM »
That's an oddball. Down here we got Accept, Helix and Keel (Tim remembers them) and then a different show with Y&T, Ace Frehley and Gary Moore. Both at the same venue and not too far apart, I think. Y&T was normally an opener on bigger tours down here. I know I've still got a drumstick from the one headlining gig from whoever their drummer was at that time; possibly DeGrasso.

And since there's a Y&T thread, a question for Bosk. Did the robot have a name? How long did it stick around?

Somebody mentioned their lack of consistency a while back, and that was certainly the problem I had. I really dug them during the Mean Streak era, but the first time I saw Summertime Girls on MTV I pretty much abandoned them. Their redeeming quality was a well earned reputation as a great live band. Hence their popularity as a support act for bigger shows.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2016, 11:49:08 AM »
I remember Keel. Didn't like them though. Saw them open for Bon Jovi I believe.

The robot's name was Rock. I know we'll discuss it more when IRWT is listed.

I sure wish I got Gary Moore on that tour instead of White Lion.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2016, 12:07:49 PM »
The robot's name was Rock.

Correct.  As mentioned above, John Nyman wore the suit on the IRWT tour.  See 4:28 and on from:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxIxHWeF7ho  (Fun song, btw.  I love Phil's lyric, "Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the chord.")

Not sure if they used it on the DFTC tour.  I didn't see them then.  I did see a show on Halloween during that time period, but I believe that was a separate one-off show and not part of the proper DFTC tour.  It was either that show or a show shortly after Contagious was released (I think it was the latter, but I don't remember for sure) where they had it as a stage prop behind Jimmy DeGrasso during his drum solo. 

It eventually got lost, given away, or something, and the band has no idea where it is.  (Yes, we have asked!)  Fans have tried to track it down through the years, but to no avail.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2016, 12:22:32 PM »
I remember Keel. Didn't like them though. Saw them open for Bon Jovi I believe.

The robot's name was Rock. I know we'll discuss it more when IRWT is listed.

I sure wish I got Gary Moore on that tour instead of White Lion.

I do like Keel, though not a huge fan. They were very hit and miss, though the 1987 album is one of my faces from the time. Ron Keel's metal cowboy album from a couple of yeas ago is a cracker if you can stomach the country element.

I liked White Lion too but not a huge fan of Tramp's over emotive voice. Pride and mane Attraction are very good albums.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2016, 04:47:02 PM »
Been listening to MI and have pretty much enjoyed it, psychedelic stuff aside. There is a big Rock n Roll Ain't Noise Pollution steal with the riff to Pretty Poison. As bad as the hot for teacher ripoff on the Contagious album.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:53:29 AM by Lowdz »

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2016, 04:55:24 PM »
That live album is pretty damn good.

Don't have Musically Incorrect.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2016, 03:54:15 AM »
The only problem with Open Fire Live is its too short.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2016, 08:07:11 AM »
I think that's why I didn't get further into Y&T; I never saw them as an opening act.   I got Bon Jovi, Queensryche, Def Leppard, Fastway, Iron Maiden, Twisted Sister, Coney Hatch, Motorhead, Accept...

I have to go back and list the shows I've seen so I can get the openers.  I didn't always pay attention to them then.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2016, 09:25:33 AM »
I think that's why I didn't get further into Y&T; I never saw them as an opening act.   I got Bon Jovi, Queensryche, Def Leppard, Fastway, Iron Maiden, Twisted Sister, Coney Hatch, Motorhead, Accept...

I have to go back and list the shows I've seen so I can get the openers.  I didn't always pay attention to them then.

I can't remember half the gigs and bands I've seen. Always used to say I've seen everyone I desperately want to, except Queen (with Freddie). There are some newer bands I'd like to see now though.

seen Y&T a few times. Never disappointed.