Author Topic: Lucid dreaming?  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Lucid dreaming?
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2016, 05:57:31 PM »
I remember the first time I couldn't move my arm because I slept on it and I was a wee kid and I thought it was funny.

Also my mum was a nurse and she didn't immediately freak out so there was that too :)

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2016, 09:57:33 PM »
Mr. Boom brings up something that happens to me a lot and it is fucking scary. The hypnic jerk just scares the shit out of me because of that sudden feeling of falling.

Also, to answer the questions from earlier, I've been punched before and I feel in the dream or I sense that I'm feeling it. Because I feel comfortable with you guys, I'll admit that I have also had sex in a dream before and have felt it or at least sensed that I felt it.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2016, 10:45:49 PM »
Aren't dreams always like that though? It's never just the visuals for me, pretty much every sense is rather convincingly involved. Things feel like they usually do.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2016, 10:53:47 PM »
Maybe, I just don't remember having one like that in a very long time
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2016, 02:18:22 AM »
That would be the same for me. Although 90% of the dreams I somewhat remember include this girl that I went to highschool with. I always wondered if it meant something  :lol

I get those sorts of dreams way too frequently nowadays and I do wonder if it means something and if I should do something about it (I usually do nothing in the end and go on with my own business).

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2016, 04:02:22 AM »
I'll admit that I have also had sex in a dream before and have felt it or at least sensed that I felt it.

So have I - but apparently it doesn't count IRL

:emo:

Offline Tiko

• Keyboardist for The Storyline
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2016, 02:29:54 PM »
It's very real. I used to put in a lot of work to be able to lucid dream with timed alarms and reality checks etc. It's totally worth the effort, one of the coolest things you can experience, 100% like real life but you can do anything! It's very different from normal dreams.

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2016, 02:49:26 PM »
I need to find some of my posts from that old dream talk forum I used to visit over 10 years ago. When I was about 14-16 years old I was a frequent and intense lucid dreamer. It gave me experiences that I'll keep with me forever... Things I couldn't fathom before. I have felt many emotions in dreams that I never feel while awake, unless I'm in the afterglow of such a dream.

The key to my lucid dreaming was simply to absorb my mind in it, and especially to read other peoples' experiences with dreaming. If I went to bed with those kinds of thoughts, usually something good would happen.

Felt sleep paralysis many times as a teenager. I actually grew to enjoy it because of the feeling of slowly regaining control. First, breathe harder to wake my body up a bit more... then move a finger, then two, and so on. It's like I am waking my own body up from within my mind and within my true thoughts.

When you get a crossover effect of sleep paralysis/lucid dreaming, it can make for some really interesting results. There have been times when I opened my eyes to the waking world. caught a glimpse of something in my room, let sleep regain control, and made whatever I looked at part of my dream.

I'm of the opinion that more people need to harness the power of lucid dreaming in order to carry out their deepest and most pure fantasies, especially if you're younger. Young people have a stronger affinity for lucid dreaming (In most cases).
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2016, 03:44:47 PM »
I do it from time to time. It's a pretty cool feeling to know that you're dreaming and have complete control over what happens.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask