Author Topic: Reasons for divorce or what leads to divorce  (Read 7485 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Reasons for divorce or what leads to divorce
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2016, 02:48:28 PM »
:tup :tup

I should have known, I hated when people told me they were sorry my relationship didnt work out.  Why are you so sorry that I am so much happier?! I knew what they meant, but always had to make that point that I ended up being so much better off that saying sorry just didn't seem right.
I get sad when couple I love get divorced. For a few reasons, admittedly some of them selfish ones. If you are close to a couple and spend a lot of time with them its a bit of a blow when that changes.
Plus I just get disappointed when a marriage fails.I'm always hate to hear the words..."we're getting a divorce"

That's definitely true.  Lost at least one friend in my break up and my mother was really upset for not getting to see my ex anymore as well as a few of my friend's wives.  It was a bit awkward at the first few gatherings when the gals of our group were short one.  One of the wives even cried to me she was so upset one drunken night.  Oh well.  Sucks, but what can you do.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Reasons for divorce or what leads to divorce
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2016, 03:33:35 PM »
Lets see.

Reason #1: The first wife was sleeping with the neighbor.

Reason #2: The second wife was sleeping with her boss.

Solution #1: That's what shotguns are for (see Salem's Lot)

Solution #2: That's what staplers are for (you know, those heavy-duty H&R Block type staples)

Seriously... I'm sorry man (and to all you guys that have had problems like this).  I can honestly say that I have no idea how I'd react to something like that... and I don't think any of us do until we've actually walked in those shoes.  I hope and pray that I never have to.

Honestly, I went through that as well, and as odd as this sounds, I got over it pretty quick.   My ex cheated three times that I know of; the first was an allegedly "platonic, spiritual friend" and while I had no actual proof of the consummation, and therefore didn't leave, the hurt and anger kind of wore off with that one, so that when I was on a long term assignment for work, and only home for the weekends, and the second happened, I kind of didn't care.  Just don't embarrass me or spend my money on him.  I finally drew the line when the latter happened.   She said she was sorry and "wanted to recommit" and would put in the effort with me.  It lasted about three months and on to number three, and by that time the prevailing emotion was "relief".  I never slept with anyone else while married, but I would go out and have fun at bars in the city and perhaps did a few things I wouldn't have done if I was really in love or if I cared about the consequences (or her feelings).   

It is what it is.