Author Topic: The X-Men Thread v. (****LOGAN DISCUSSION/SPOILERS****)  (Read 14307 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: The X-Men Thread v. (****LOGAN DISCUSSION/SPOILERS****)
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2017, 06:48:47 PM »
I'll just leave this here.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptKgRecPi1I
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2017, 08:51:10 PM »
I'll just leave this here.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptKgRecPi1I

I was going to post this but wasn't sure which thread. I thought it was official until I read the credits. Very well done.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2017, 05:43:17 AM »
Brilliant.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2017, 06:54:26 PM »
I loved Rogue from watching the 90's cartoon growing up and I felt like she was WAY underutilized in the movies. Maybe they were planning on her gaining her flight and super strength later on, but it just never panned out  :'(

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2017, 07:49:58 PM »
I loved Rogue from watching the 90's cartoon growing up and I felt like she was WAY underutilized in the movies. Maybe they were planning on her gaining her flight and super strength later on, but it just never panned out  :'(
Totally agree. Her backstory and development are cool elements of her character, but then we never saw the finished product, so to speak.

The 90's cartoon was also what got me into X-Men.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2017, 09:22:40 PM »
It kind of makes me sad that we won't get another X-Men film with the original cast. I was hoping that after Days of Future Past they could of cranked out one or two more, and bring back Alan Cumming's Nightcrawler.

And redeem James Marsden's Cyclops for being a complete pansy.

Online Adami

« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2017, 09:32:43 PM »

They'd have to change her story pretty drastically though since those powers came from Carol Danvers, and Marvel owns her.

It kind of makes me sad that we won't get another X-Men film with the original cast. I was hoping that after Days of Future Past they could of cranked out one or two more, and bring back Alan Cumming's Nightcrawler.

And redeem James Marsden's Cyclops for being a complete pansy.

Agree about Alan Cummings, what a great performance. But disagree with the rest. I think they need to shut down the whole machine and just start with in the Deadpool universe.

Outside of the DCEU, FOX seemed to totally not get more of their characters than any other of the companies, including Sony.

They got Professor X and Magneto, as well as Beast, Nightcrawler and..........at the very very end, Wolverine.

But that's about it. They completely missed the point with Cyclops, Jean, Sabertooth, Mystique, Havok, Angel (both of him), Apocalypse, Jubilee, Pyro, Ice Man, Psychlocke, etc etc.

Start over, and find writers/directors that are more interested in the characters than star power and explosions.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2017, 09:58:36 PM »
:iagree: for the most part.

I think they did ok with Colossus... but totally under-utilized him.  Famke did good with what she was given, and I just can picture the new ginger-chick (too lazy to go look her name up) as Jean/Phoenix.

Every other character has been either filler, or totally mis-used - with Cyclops v1 and Mystique v2 being the worst offenders
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Adami

« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2017, 10:03:31 PM »

I think they did ok with Colossus... but totally under-utilized him.  Famke did good with what she was given, and I just can picture the new ginger-chick (too lazy to go look her name up) as Jean/Phoenix.

Every other character has been either filler, or totally mis-used - with Cyclops v1 and Mystique v2 being the worst offenders

Deadpool Colossus was almost eerily accurate. American Colossus who just walks around with TVs missed the point. Looked good though.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #149 on: March 29, 2017, 07:36:22 AM »
Agree on Colossus.

The new actor playing Jean is from Game Of Thrones. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2017, 08:00:14 AM »

Deadpool Colossus was almost eerily accurate. American Colossus who just walks around with TVs missed the point. Looked good though.

I can't disagree with that... there were some stupid moments with him.  I just didn't like the 'thickness' of him in Deadpool - he felt like a video game character.  To me, he's always been a taller/slender stature.  The girth of him in Deadpool is what I always though of Juggernaught to be.  I think the way he was physically portrayed in the x-men franchise is what I was trying to insinuate was done "ok".

Online Adami

« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2017, 08:35:38 PM »
So Josh Brolin, who is currently Thanos in the MCU, has officially been cast as Cable.

Well that was a totally unpredictable conclusion to that cast hunt.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2017, 08:42:40 PM »
I was just about to post about this Adami lol.

The reports I'm reading is he signed a 4 picture deal with the X-men franchise. Not only will he appear in Deadpool 2, but very likely in other X-men films and/or Deadpool crossovers. If Mr. Sinister is suspected to be the big baddie for next X-men movie, this makes a lot of sense.

Also, 4 movies. I think I have a idea of whats going to happen in Infinity Wars   :lol

Online Adami

« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2017, 08:44:35 PM »
Well he'll be in Deadpool 2, and probably 2-3 X-Force movies.

Not sure I even want him showing up in an X-Men movie, since those are currently the worst parts of the X-Men universe.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2017, 06:42:16 AM »
Just saw Logan over the weekend.  That was incredible, and I'm going to miss Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.  They gave him one hell of a film to go out on though.  Brutal, violent, and so much more real and less comic-booky. 

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #155 on: May 30, 2017, 07:03:32 AM »
Just saw Logan over the weekend.  That was incredible, and I'm going to miss Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.  They gave him one hell of a film to go out on though.  Brutal, violent, and so much more real and less comic-booky.

Completely agree! Most unusual film of the series. Outstanding work also from Patrick Stewart.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: May 30, 2017, 07:32:20 AM »
I just finished the Death of Wolverine comic series - the 12 issue Wolverine from 2013, and the 4 issues.  Now on to the after event tie-ins.  Somewhat disappointed... there wasn't much of a connection between the 2013 series, and the actual Death of series.  His actual death felt rushed, but the last few pages/panels were very good.

Online Adami

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #159 on: December 08, 2017, 01:39:22 PM »
And Entertainment Weekly has given us a first look at X-Men: Dark Pheonix!

That last picture...who is going to die in this??

And it hasn't been confirmed if whether we are getting Mister Sinister as a villain, who was teased in the post credits in Apocalypse.

Simon Kinberg, who is a long time producer for the X-Men movies, is directing this one, and has come saying that he's hoping to make a three movie story arc starting with Dark Pheonix. Those hopes and dreams may be going away with Disney's acquisition of 21st Century Fox. The future of the X-Men is still unknown, whether they will be molded into the Marvel Cinematic Universe or if the X-Men will continue have their seperate franchises. I'm hoping for the latter personally. What we do know is that we are getting three X-Men films in 2018 before (or if) anything happens

Online Adami

« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2018, 04:44:04 PM »
So New Mutants has been pushed back almost a whole year to 2019.

Deadpool has also been pushed up 2 weeks.

Weird stuff.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Adami

« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2018, 05:47:47 PM »
And Gambit loses another director.

They need to call it quits on that movie already.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #162 on: January 12, 2018, 01:37:30 AM »

Gambit is one of my favorite X-Men but I've always felt he didn't need his own movie. Just put him in a X-Men movie.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2018, 06:52:59 AM »

Gambit is one of my favorite X-Men but I've always felt he didn't need his own movie. Just put him in a X-Men movie.

I agree with this. Introduce him in Deadpool 3 or something and if the character gains a following then make a stand alone movie. This Gambit movie will fail.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #164 on: January 12, 2018, 11:44:30 PM »
Yeah, after multiple attempts of getting this film up in the air, I think it's time to take the horse out back and shoot it. This was a concept that was dated when Fox wanted to make Origin films....in which Origins: Magneto infamously became X-Men: First Class.

So The Hollywood Reporter indicated there was some concern about overlap between Deadpool 2 and New Mutants in overseas marketplaces.I guess the two films would have been in theaters at the same time in some countries. I'm assuming pushing it back 10 months will also avoid it being released with Dark Phoenix as well?

Online Adami

« Reply #165 on: January 12, 2018, 11:48:33 PM »
Yeah, after multiple attempts of getting this film up in the air, I think it's time to take the horse out back and shoot it. This was a concept that was dated when Fox wanted to make Origin films....in which Origins: Magneto infamously became X-Men: First Class.

So The Hollywood Reporter indicated there was some concern about overlap between Deadpool 2 and New Mutants in overseas marketplaces.I guess the two films would have been in theaters at the same time in some countries. I'm assuming pushing it back 10 months will also avoid it being released with Dark Phoenix as well?

Eh. I don't buy that reason at all. You don't shift a movie 10 months unless you have major changes to make. I expect some reshoots and so forth.

They could have moved it to August, if that's all they wanted to do.

Plus the dates have been set for a long time now. They just now realized this?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2018, 11:52:57 PM »
Yeah, it's a strange move. I think you are right about reshoots. That doesn't mean the movie that got turned in was bad. I heard that Fox execs were happy with how New Mutants turned out. It could be like the Rogue One reshoots where Lucasfilm basically shelled out more money on it.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #167 on: January 13, 2018, 06:32:27 AM »
I'm honestly surprised that Disney hasn't pulled the plug on all X-Men related film in preproduction with Fox, like Gambit. I've got to assume they'll be working it into the MCU at some point in the near future. Whether that means a total reboot Or not remained to be seen. FWIW, I think it should be a total reboot of the core X-Men characters, though peripheral characters like Deadpool or the new.mtuants could be folded in after their next movies.

Online Adami

« Reply #168 on: January 13, 2018, 10:14:37 AM »
Disney has no say in FOX for about 12-18 months.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #169 on: January 13, 2018, 10:42:07 AM »
Is it going to take that long to get approved?

Online Adami

« Reply #170 on: January 13, 2018, 10:48:26 AM »
Is it going to take that long to get approved?

Yup!
fanticide.bandcamp.com