Author Topic: Astonishing DVD Live  (Read 5665 times)

Offline palmera62

Astonishing DVD Live
« on: April 29, 2016, 05:11:10 AM »
Anyone has any news on the band filming one of the shows for a live DVD?  It would be nice to have a souvenir from a most amazing concert.

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
Re: Astonishing DVD Live
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 05:28:02 AM »
I've not heard anything but the band has talked about making this into everything possible from a video game to a movie to who knows what, so I have to assume there will be a live DVD/CD/Blue Ray combo.

(source - https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dream-theaters-john-petrucci-on-the-astonishing-the-concept-right-from-the-beginning-was-to-do-something-big/

"And we kind of thought beyond just the album. Right from the beginning, we talked about all the various incarnations of this — the story, the two-act album, presenting this as a standalone live show, and then even other things beyond that that it can turn into, whether it be a book or a game or a movie, etc."

"Yeah, the concept right from the beginning was to do something big. Like I said, to make this cross different mediums and to be not only about the music but about the story, about the visuals, about the lyrics, about the live show and about any other thing that it could turn into. That was the intention from the beginning. And so it did take a lot of planning, a lot of thought. And it's actually still in development and there are still things that we're working on and we will continue to be over the next couple of years, for sure.")

and, welcome!  :tup
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs:

Offline dparrott

Re: Astonishing DVD Live
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 02:07:32 PM »
I was thinking they can do something different: the live show intercut with animations to go along with the story.  Then have an option for no animations just watch the show.  Seems kinda silly to have all of these characters yet watch James be everyone.  Live that has to be done, but a DVD has more options.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.