Author Topic: Your biggest complaint about the tour  (Read 55438 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Your biggest complaint about the tour
« Reply #140 on: May 23, 2016, 01:06:35 PM »
There is definitely something off with Myung. I know that is not what this thread is about but it's obvious it wasn't just the show I was at. He definitely looked like he would rather be doing ANYTHING other than be up there playing. He never once looked out into the audience, he just looked like he was not in a good place. Have there been any interviews with him about this tour?

I personally think the whole presentation of the album and theater vibe of the show has lead the entire band to be a bit less enthusiastic on stage.  Everyone kind of just plays the stuff and not much more.  The band was never really a big crowd engaging band so I don't see it as a huge difference, but this tour just turns the engagement down even more and I think that is what you are seeing.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #141 on: May 23, 2016, 06:11:35 PM »
Keep in mind that JM is reading cues on a screen of when he is to walk on and off stage (and I suspect even some passages of musical notation), so that draws on one's live performance too.

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2016, 07:04:37 AM »
As I said several pages back, I certainly got a "Never meet your Heroes" vibe from the M&G. I only did it to get a seat near the front, but the M&G certainly wasn't value for money, and only JP and MM seemed to want to be there.
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2016, 08:35:20 AM »
There is definitely something off with Myung. I know that is not what this thread is about but it's obvious it wasn't just the show I was at. He definitely looked like he would rather be doing ANYTHING other than be up there playing. He never once looked out into the audience, he just looked like he was not in a good place. Have there been any interviews with him about this tour?

I personally think the whole presentation of the album and theater vibe of the show has lead the entire band to be a bit less enthusiastic on stage.  Everyone kind of just plays the stuff and not much more.  The band was never really a big crowd engaging band so I don't see it as a huge difference, but this tour just turns the engagement down even more and I think that is what you are seeing.

I think playing to a click track has had just as much of an effect on that as this album in particular.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2016, 09:13:37 AM »

I think playing to a click track has had just as much of an effect on that as this album in particular.

Sure the click track definitely plays a role too, but the previous tour used a click track and the band was more engaging with the audience last tour I thought (saw 3 shows on the last tour, only one this tour).

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2016, 09:36:48 AM »
Having seen the tour myself, my answer to the thread title would be:  None.  The show I saw was amazing in every respect.  I couldn't find something to complain about if I tried. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2016, 10:19:08 AM »

Probably not.  AFAIK, JM isn't playing to a click.  He's playing to MM, just like normal.  For most of the performance, MM is the only one hearing the click, unless I'm mistaken.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2016, 10:28:32 AM »
I wanted to ask more about that at the show when I saw them, but it wasn't in the cards.  JM and JLB did not come out at all after the show.  I spoke briefly with Jordan and Mike, but they both had people there that they knew that they took quite a bit of time with.  So while they were very polite and made a point of talking to everyone in the room, my conversations with them were short.  The only person I had an opportunity to talk to for any length of time was JP, and even that was relatively short.  We talked about some cool things, but I couldn't even remotely get to everything on my list--especially since when he and the others would get to us, they of course spent time talking to my son and my friend Jack's son and focused on them.  No way I was about to cut in on the kids' experience to try to get my own questions answered.  But if there was time, I definitely had planned to try to get into that a bit.  I should have tried to talk to Maddi about it, but didn't think of it at the time.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2016, 10:46:25 AM »
Having seen the tour myself, my answer to the thread title would be:  None.  The show I saw was amazing in every respect.  I couldn't find something to complain about if I tried.

Both shows I went to were awesome, and I really hope I get to see it at least one more time on their second NA run.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #149 on: June 08, 2016, 10:49:24 AM »
Whether I get to see it again, I hope the plans to record it come to fruition and that they get a good performance so I (and others) can enjoy it after the tour is over and done with.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2016, 11:28:31 AM »
Whether I get to see it again, I hope the plans to record it come to fruition and that they get a good performance so I (and others) can enjoy it after the tour is over and done with.

+ a million

It would be astonishing if of all tours, this was the one that was not recorded

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2016, 11:33:46 AM »
As I said several pages back, I certainly got a "Never meet your Heroes" vibe from the M&G. I only did it to get a seat near the front, but the M&G certainly wasn't value for money, and only JP and MM seemed to want to be there.
It used to be much better in the past. When they first introduced it, I think they only had 20 or 30 seats set aside which allowed for there to be more interaction with the guys. They weren't simply just sitting behind a table and having fans line up to sign something. Shame that it seems to have become more of a money thing than anything else.

Sure the click track definitely plays a role too, but the previous tour used a click track and the band was more engaging with the audience last tour I thought (saw 3 shows on the last tour, only one this tour).
Dunno if JM hears the click or not, but one major difference with this tour is the fact that JM now has an iPad, which he explained kept various notes for him regarding the songs and other things to keep track of during the show. For whatever reason, he found this necessary whereas he never did in the past. So there must be more of a need for concentration than at a normal DT show, and that might be why he is so much more focused on his instrument this time around.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2016, 11:38:13 AM »
I'd image everyone in the band could hear the click in their in-ears on this tour just because of the amount of sequencing, transitions between songs, hearing cues, etc... But maybe not, MM could have been using a silent "cowbell" like MP used to use to simply count them in or cue them.

In my experience with playing to a click track though, it seems to work better if everyone has it in their ear mix to some degree. A lot of players(myself included) will mix the click just loud enough in the in-ears that they can clearly hear it when the drummer isn't playing, but the drums are loud enough when being played they pretty much cover up the click.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2016, 11:50:20 AM »
I am pretty sure they all have access to it, but each has only certain parts of it that they have chosen to have audible in their mix where it makes sense to do so.  (other than Mike, who obviously has the entire click)  But beyond that, I have no idea of the specifics.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2016, 01:21:36 PM »
Based on previous interviews and .....you know....logic, from a guy who plays to a click, when the drums are in play, MM hears the click only. When there's no drums, then whoever is playing hears the click. It's literally just an issue of the sound guy turning up a fader at times. So when JR is playing piano with no drums, he hears the click. Guitar with no drums? JP hears the click. But since JM doesn't play without drums (to my memory) he probably never hears it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2016, 02:20:13 PM »
This! Would be very nice to re-live this in the home theater experience. I had a couple other friends that were gonna go to the concert in Seattle with me, but they couldn't go due to circumstances. It would be cool to get some beer and have them over for the blu-ray showing.  :corn :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2016, 05:01:48 AM »
Based on previous interviews and .....you know....logic, from a guy who plays to a click, when the drums are in play, MM hears the click only. When there's no drums, then whoever is playing hears the click. It's literally just an issue of the sound guy turning up a fader at times. So when JR is playing piano with no drums, he hears the click. Guitar with no drums? JP hears the click. But since JM doesn't play without drums (to my memory) he probably never hears it.
In the middle of "The Walking Shadow", right after the sound of steps and Faythe's melody, JM quietly starts the section which later develops into the 'countdown' at the end of the song. He is playing four bars of 14/8, but changing the accents a few times. Then, the full band comes in.

I guess he must be using a click track during that bit when he is alone.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2016, 06:54:27 AM »
Based on previous interviews and .....you know....logic, from a guy who plays to a click, when the drums are in play, MM hears the click only. When there's no drums, then whoever is playing hears the click. It's literally just an issue of the sound guy turning up a fader at times. So when JR is playing piano with no drums, he hears the click. Guitar with no drums? JP hears the click.But since JM doesn't play without drums (to my memory)he probably never hears it.

Coming from someone who has played with a click for years, there's a really, really slim chance that's the way they do it. Not sure why you would consider that logical. Having a sound guy turning anything up or down in my in-ear mix randomly throughout a show sounds like a nightmare. You find a good mix in sound check and stick with it. Also that would require your monitor engineer to know exactly when each of the 5 members needs to or doesn't need to hear the click during every single second of 2 hours and 15 minutes of music. So the monitor engineer forgets to turn the click up in JPs ears and he can't hear the cue to start a song...And the whole thing gets off? No way.

Obviously neither of us know for sure, but I'm just basing this off my experience. I've played with several bands that run in-ears, at several churches that run in-ears (some with a designated monitor tech) and I've never heard anyone do it the way you are describing.

Online Adami

« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2016, 09:39:36 AM »
You think it's a leap of logic that the sound guys know their cues?

Are you then suggesting they have click the whole show? I guess that's possible, albeit it a bit lazy.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2016, 09:41:23 AM »

Are you then suggesting they have click the whole show? I guess that's possible, albeit it a bit lazy.

I thought the sound guy was pretty involved with the timing of the show so I think it's very possible he is involved in the click track, but my opinion means nothing since I can't even play an instrument let alone ever played to a click.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2016, 09:47:12 AM »
Based on previous interviews and .....you know....logic, from a guy who plays to a click, when the drums are in play, MM hears the click only. When there's no drums, then whoever is playing hears the click. It's literally just an issue of the sound guy turning up a fader at times. So when JR is playing piano with no drums, he hears the click. Guitar with no drums? JP hears the click.But since JM doesn't play without drums (to my memory)he probably never hears it.

Coming from someone who has played with a click for years, there's a really, really slim chance that's the way they do it. Not sure why you would consider that logical. Having a sound guy turning anything up or down in my in-ear mix randomly throughout a show sounds like a nightmare. You find a good mix in sound check and stick with it. Also that would require your monitor engineer to know exactly when each of the 5 members needs to or doesn't need to hear the click during every single second of 2 hours and 15 minutes of music. So the monitor engineer forgets to turn the click up in JPs ears and he can't hear the cue to start a song...And the whole thing gets off? No way.

Obviously neither of us know for sure, but I'm just basing this off my experience. I've played with several bands that run in-ears, at several churches that run in-ears (some with a designated monitor tech) and I've never heard anyone do it the way you are describing.
That is my experience as well.  Monitor mix preference, whether we are talking about in-ears or stage monitors, is a very personal thing, so it is rare that someone would change it on the fly unless the musician is directing them to.  I don't see any reason that would change with a click.  I would be really surprised if it wasn't a case of everyone dialing in their preferences ahead of time in terms of when they want to hear the click and how loud, relative to the other instruments, and when it gets dialed up and down.  Then it is all programmed and there is no need to actively monitor it unless the dynamics of that particular show cause a musician to signal that he wants it altered.  That isn't lazy.  That's just common sense and how it is often done.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2016, 09:57:05 AM »

Eh, I probably phrased it badly, but yeah... Having click 100% of the time or 0% of the time is literally the only way I've ever seen click done by a band in a live setting.

That is my experience as well.  Monitor mix preference, whether we are talking about in-ears or stage monitors, is a very personal thing, so it is rare that someone would change it on the fly unless the musician is directing them to.  I don't see any reason that would change with a click.  I would be really surprised if it wasn't a case of everyone dialing in their preferences ahead of time in terms of when they want to hear the click and how loud, relative to the other instruments, and when it gets dialed up and down.  Then it is all programmed and there is no need to actively monitor it unless the dynamics of that particular show cause a musician to signal that he wants it altered.  That isn't lazy.  That's just common sense and how it is often done.

I'm not sure if you can program a click track to be heard by certain members at different times or not. Think about it simply. The click track is a channel of audio. Just like the guitar ends up being a channel of audio. So it would be pretty tricky (actually I'm not sure how you would do it) to automate the guitar channel in, let's say JR's in-ear to mute in a specific section of a specific song. That's basically the equivalent of what we are discussing with the click. I'm sure it's possible, but I have no clue how it would be done, and I've been running sound and playing out in bands for years.

Online Adami

« Reply #162 on: June 09, 2016, 10:18:53 AM »
Actually, it's extremely easy. You create aux sends to each headphone anyway (assuming they have different mixes) and then automate the mutes or whatever. Doing the entire show will take maybe a few hours. You do it once and never have to worry about it again. The lighting alone is 100x more complicated (hyperbole).

Also, since the band obviously hears a click when there's no drums, then you're suggesting they're hearing the click 100% of the time. Which is cool, but I am pretty sure I read that this isn't the case, but I don't really care.

Either way, acting like some basic automation is impossible when they're already doing it on a much larger scale is just odd. It's not difficult. I can personally do it in a few hours at most.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 10:24:23 AM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #163 on: June 09, 2016, 10:28:21 AM »

I'm not sure if you can program a click track to be heard by certain members at different times or not. Think about it simply. The click track is a channel of audio. Just like the guitar ends up being a channel of audio. So it would be pretty tricky (actually I'm not sure how you would do it) to automate the guitar channel in, let's say JR's in-ear to mute in a specific section of a specific song. That's basically the equivalent of what we are discussing with the click. I'm sure it's possible, but I have no clue how it would be done, and I've been running sound and playing out in bands for years.

Yes, but modern mixing boards have pre-sets that you can program.  When the band is running through the set during rehearsal, they can dial in their settings so that that doesn't have to be done manually for the entire show.  If there are moments where a bandmember does not want/need the click and finds it distracting, it is still running of course, but that channel is muted or turned down in their mix, and then that can be programmed so it is done automatically during the actual shows.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #164 on: June 09, 2016, 10:58:06 AM »
Actually, it's extremely easy. You create aux sends to each headphone anyway (assuming they have different mixes) and then automate the mutes or whatever. Doing the entire show will take maybe a few hours. You do it once and never have to worry about it again. The lighting alone is 100x more complicated (hyperbole).

Also, since the band obviously hears a click when there's no drums, then you're suggesting they're hearing the click 100% of the time. Which is cool, but I am pretty sure I read that this isn't the case, but I don't really care.

Either way, acting like some basic automation is impossible when they're already doing it on a much larger scale is just odd. It's not difficult. I can personally do it in a few hours at most.

Maybe I need to go back and reread what I posted, but I'm pretty sure I said I wasn't sure if you could automate the click like that. I think I also said that I'm sure its possible but I don't know how to do it. None of that equals me saying its "impossible".  :lol

Anyway sounds like it could definitely be done based on what you posted, so maybe that's how they do it!

Online Adami

« Reply #165 on: June 09, 2016, 11:24:29 AM »

Maybe I need to go back and reread what I posted, but I'm pretty sure I said I wasn't sure if you could automate the click like that. I think I also said that I'm sure its possible but I don't know how to do it. None of that equals me saying its "impossible".  :lol

Anyway sounds like it could definitely be done based on what you posted, so maybe that's how they do it!

You calling me crazy? You saying I'm reading things that aren't there? You saying I need to be permanently institutionalized because of my loose grip on reality? Ugh, you sound just like that judge.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #166 on: June 09, 2016, 11:28:35 AM »
 :lol

Honestly though, it would be cool for someone to ask the band specifics about this in an interview. I love hearing about that kinda behind the scenes type stuff.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #167 on: June 10, 2016, 02:56:54 PM »

Honestly though, it would be cool for someone to ask the band specifics about this in an interview. I love hearing about that kinda behind the scenes type stuff.

So true. It's not even judgmental, whether anyone likes it or not. I'd just be interested in howitallworks.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Thoughtspart3

« Reply #168 on: October 09, 2016, 08:22:57 PM »
I did not have any problem with the show.  Because I knew what to expect and what the band was shooting for I think I was really able to enjoy it.  I was at the Wilkes Barre show which had a fun thing happen at the end.  You can read about it in that thread.  I agree with some of the weakness mentioned and feel the live show was hampered a bit by the pacing of the story and the music.  However it was a different type of show.  I do think they could have crafted it differently at points to eliminate some of the problems for the live shows.

I too wished they had played some of their old stuff or done a special epilogue for the concert.  My guess is this biggest thing hurting people going to multiple shows which would help with the ones that are so close together. 

However, they might still be making money even though they don't sell out some of these venues.  Do they have to sell out to turn a profit?

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #169 on: October 10, 2016, 07:12:16 AM »
I did not have any problem with the show.  Because I knew what to expect and what the band was shooting for I think I was really able to enjoy it.  I was at the Wilkes Barre show which had a fun thing happen at the end.  You can read about it in that thread.  I agree with some of the weakness mentioned and feel the live show was hampered a bit by the pacing of the story and the music.  However it was a different type of show.  I do think they could have crafted it differently at points to eliminate some of the problems for the live shows.

I too wished they had played some of their old stuff or done a special epilogue for the concert.  My guess is this biggest thing hurting people going to multiple shows which would help with the ones that are so close together. 

However, they might still be making money even though they don't sell out some of these venues.  Do they have to sell out to turn a profit?

No they don't.
And actually they've already made money as promoters pay in advance to guaratee DT to come down to them. It's up to promoters to get people to the show, although DT have all the interests for the show to go well (it depends on the agreement if DT take a percentage on the tickets or not) as if not it may prevent to go back there again.
By this, you could think they were actually really good and smart to sell this second leg to promoters, even more if they were aware, and i think they were, it wasn't going to be all that succesfull.
Concerning the current state of the situation, they've already taken the best they could. Will this affect their future, at least in the US? Maybe, but you know they're big enough as a band they can turn things around with a better album promotion (this was awful) and better people behind them (please someone take a look at their Instagram account and tell me what the fuck have to do their last post with DT - my two cent is that the guy behing their account is managing differents clients and totally screwed up - but goddamnit it's two fucking days!!!!)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #170 on: October 14, 2016, 11:34:47 AM »
My biggest complaint is easy, they went into making this a Broadway style production, and kicked in some extra budget to do so, but failed miserably in the execution.

What didn't they do? They certainly didn't bring extra vocalists on tour to help separate the parts and make it more like a story. Why did they do? They kept everyone from taking photos and videos.

What didn't they do? Being along some actors to help move the story forward. What did they do? Kept everyone in their seat if possible.

What didn't they do? Have a video and light show that actually helped with the story. What didn't they do? They had an AMAZING light and graphic show, but it was just horrible for this tour. On the Train of Thought tour or Systematic Chaos tours it would have been out of this world, but it wasn't what this tour needed.

Had they actually used their live show to increase value in the story through singers, actors, or videos, it would have naturally come across as a more Broadway like story, and things like no photos, staying in seats, etc, would have come across way more naturally.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #171 on: October 14, 2016, 11:50:54 AM »
Yep, we got the stiffness and obnoxious security of a Broadway show without the level of quality and spectacle you would expect from one.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2016, 07:23:53 AM »
My biggest complaint is easy, they went into making this a Broadway style production, and kicked in some extra budget to do so, but failed miserably in the execution.

What didn't they do? They certainly didn't bring extra vocalists on tour to help separate the parts and make it more like a story. Why did they do? They kept everyone from taking photos and videos.

What didn't they do? Being along some actors to help move the story forward. What did they do? Kept everyone in their seat if possible.

What didn't they do? Have a video and light show that actually helped with the story. What didn't they do? They had an AMAZING light and graphic show, but it was just horrible for this tour. On the Train of Thought tour or Systematic Chaos tours it would have been out of this world, but it wasn't what this tour needed.

Had they actually used their live show to increase value in the story through singers, actors, or videos, it would have naturally come across as a more Broadway like story, and things like no photos, staying in seats, etc, would have come across way more naturally.
Agreed. They really didn't know how to execute it since its not their forte. They needed proper guidance and didn't get it. They could have used local musicians for string instruments. I don't about actors. I think that would have been too strange on many levels. The screens could have better used to help follow the story as it unfolded by showing characters in each scene and what was taking place.
In spite of it all I still very much enjoyed it for what it was.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2016, 07:31:19 AM »
Let me first say that the concert last night was AWESOME.  I was in the first row and really enjoyed the show overall.  I felt like they were playing to me and only to me.  Such a cool experience.

But this is the complaint thread and I have a couple new complaints that I did not experience at the previous show I saw on this tour.

No crowd interaction from the band.  At the end of the show after the encore, the band bowed on stage and just left.  I managed to shake Petrucci's hand and I was one of the only lucky ones to have any contact with the band, but no pics thrown into the crowd, no drum sticks, no one else besides JP even came close to the edge of the stage.  After the left and security started telling people to leave, I noticed the set lists were still on the floor of the stage.  I asked the roadie if I could have one of the three on the floor and got ignored and then forced out by security.  A LOT of people were complaining and bitching about the lack of even recognizing the crowd.

The lady sitting next to me also got yelled at to sit down during the first song.  She would not stop yelling about it the entire show which was annoying but she had a point.  Quite a few people came up to her to fist bump during intermission and security came over and told us that they were told not allowed to stand at all and also no pics before/during/intermission/after the show.  Which was not the situation at RCMH.  The security did say that it would be cool if we stood at the end cause we warned the security that the band will expect it.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2016, 09:15:56 AM »
Yeah, I got hounded for taking a picture of the stage before the band even came out, and the same guy (who also was the one who told that woman to sit down) almost ran me over because some guy was taking pictures/video during Our New World.

Great show though. Labrie mostly sounded good to really good, with one or two off moments. Petrucci had an extended solo towards the end that brought everyone to their feet. I always forget it until I see them live, but John Myung is a bad, bad man :hefdaddy

Side note, cram, I did a double take when I first looked over and saw that woman you were next to because from behind her hair looked a lot like Max Portnoy's :lol
Photobucket sucks.